The Accurate Reloading Forums
Elgin Gates Trophy Hunter in Africa

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4521043/m/3651067411

10 August 2009, 07:30
Les Staley
Elgin Gates Trophy Hunter in Africa
My wife stopped by a little second hand shop in Big Piney, and came up with a BRAND NEW copy hardcover, 1994 edition for the princely sum of $2.00 not a mark on it or the glossy dust cover.. never been cracked.. lots of black and white photos of Gates, Jack O'Conner, Herb Klein and other hunters of the day.. Les
10 August 2009, 07:38
billrquimby
quote:
Originally posted by Les Staley:
My wife stopped by a little second hand shop in Big Piney, and came up with a BRAND NEW copy hardcover, 1994 edition for the princely sum of $2.00 not a mark on it or the glossy dust cover.. never been cracked.. lots of black and white photos of Gates, Jack O'Conner, Herb Klein and other hunters of the day.. Les

Congratulations on a great buy on the Gates' book. However, you might want to check the various threads here and the AR African Hunting forum about Elgin Gates before you believe everything you read.

Bill Quimby
10 August 2009, 07:49
Les Staley
Bill: thanks for the heads up... I'll read it with a grain or two of salt.. I have a friend who is friends with Butch, Elgin's son.. in Idaho Falls, Idaho.. he has most of his dad's trophys.. Les