New
Find
Notify
Tools

Help with Parker Repair
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
I have an old Parker that needs some help. I have so many centerfire things going. I may not have the money to spare at this time. Who would you recommend to give a good estimate and also for repair.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
I had great service on an old SxS from Briley.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Kyler,
I will see what they have to say.
Butch

Posts: 8964 | Location: Poetry, Texas | Registered: 28 November 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hello,
Doug Turnbull's operation does shotgun restorations and is well known for top quality work. Might want to check out his web site. Just Google/search Turnbull Restoration and be ready for gun art!!

Posts: 1165 | Location: Banks of Kanawha, forks of Beaver Dam and Spring Creek | Registered: 06 January 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Kyler Hamann
posted Hide Post
You're right, I've never heard anything bad about Turnbull either. Although his prices are probably steeper. With my project I was looking more for function than collectability, but Turnbull can do both.

Posts: 2504 | Location: Central Coast of CA | Registered: 10 January 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Butch ... contact Jim at Ivory Beads in Covina, CA as they handle as many nice old doubles as anyone I know and Jim knows people who can work on them. Tell him what you want and he can suggest the right person for you. I don't have the number handy but their web-site is www.IvoryBeads.com Both Jim and Jerry, his partner, are good folks and have a wealth of knowledge.

Did you see the bird pics I posted in the bird hunting forum?

DB Bill aka Bill George

Posts: 4360 | Location: Sunny Southern California | Registered: 22 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks Bill,
I will look at the photos.
Butch

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Larry Delgrego is the best Parker and Rem model 32 man alive but his health is not the best. He is still restoring Parkers but I think turnbull is doing some work for him. I think my parker would go to turnbull today but I had to give larry his well earned do