The Accurate Reloading Forums
Help with Parker Repair

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4511043/m/366104808

04 February 2008, 06:27
butchlambert
Help with Parker Repair
I have an old Parker that needs some help. I have so many centerfire things going. I may not have the money to spare at this time. Who would you recommend to give a good estimate and also for repair.
Butch
11 February 2008, 08:51
Kyler Hamann
I had great service on an old SxS from Briley.

12 February 2008, 07:30
butchlambert
Thanks Kyler,
I will see what they have to say.
Butch
13 February 2008, 01:43
dsiteman
Hello,
Doug Turnbull's operation does shotgun restorations and is well known for top quality work. Might want to check out his web site. Just Google/search Turnbull Restoration and be ready for gun art!!
13 February 2008, 07:42
Kyler Hamann
You're right, I've never heard anything bad about Turnbull either. Although his prices are probably steeper. With my project I was looking more for function than collectability, but Turnbull can do both.

13 February 2008, 10:08
DB Bill
Butch ... contact Jim at Ivory Beads in Covina, CA as they handle as many nice old doubles as anyone I know and Jim knows people who can work on them. Tell him what you want and he can suggest the right person for you. I don't have the number handy but their web-site is www.IvoryBeads.com Both Jim and Jerry, his partner, are good folks and have a wealth of knowledge.

Did you see the bird pics I posted in the bird hunting forum?

DB Bill aka Bill George
13 February 2008, 20:44
butchlambert
Thanks Bill,
I will look at the photos.
Butch
14 February 2008, 04:40
7mm mashburn
Larry Delgrego is the best Parker and Rem model 32 man alive but his health is not the best. He is still restoring Parkers but I think turnbull is doing some work for him. I think my parker would go to turnbull today but I had to give larry his well earned do