THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM SHOTGUN FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Other Topics  Hop To Forums  Shotgunning    Remington 870 trigger group damage
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Remington 870 trigger group damage
 Login/Join

One of Us
posted
Ok, so this probably has been covered, but I can't find it in the archives. I was reassembling my Remington 870 and the safety catch was off and I let the hammer snap while the trigger group was just hanging in the receiver - hadn't even gotten the pins in it yet. I couldn't see any damage, but the manual makes it clear this is a no no.

Does anyone know what to look for damage wise or whether one snap actually matters. It looks like that little lever that drops the slide lock takes the brunt of the energy, and it looked fine.

one of us
posted Hide Post
I would just put it back together and see if it works ,I have done the same thing w/no consequences.w/regards

Posts: 610 | Location: MT | Registered: 01 December 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Irish Paul
posted Hide Post
It will be fine.

Just pop it all back together and dryfire, then shoot some rounds.

Never use a cat's arse to hold a tea-towel.

Posts: 280 | Location: California/Ireland | Registered: 01 February 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks, I didn't see anything wrong, and I dry fired in on a duct taped snap cap and all appears fine.

I'm about an hour and two kids away from the firing range, so It's hard to test things in a timely manner. My oldest is old enough to go along, but isn't interested, my youngest begs to go along, but she's not trustworthy enough - tends to dash off without notice - not good at the range.