The Accurate Reloading Forums
Remington 870 trigger group damage

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.accuratereloading.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/4511043/m/281106165

30 October 2006, 07:41
LorenS
Remington 870 trigger group damage
Ok, so this probably has been covered, but I can't find it in the archives. I was reassembling my Remington 870 and the safety catch was off and I let the hammer snap while the trigger group was just hanging in the receiver - hadn't even gotten the pins in it yet. I couldn't see any damage, but the manual makes it clear this is a no no.

Does anyone know what to look for damage wise or whether one snap actually matters. It looks like that little lever that drops the slide lock takes the brunt of the energy, and it looked fine.
31 October 2006, 03:50
gophershooter
I would just put it back together and see if it works ,I have done the same thing w/no consequences.w/regards
01 November 2006, 15:30
Irish Paul
It will be fine.

Just pop it all back together and dryfire, then shoot some rounds.

Never use a cat's arse to hold a tea-towel.
01 November 2006, 21:47
LorenS
Thanks, I didn't see anything wrong, and I dry fired in on a duct taped snap cap and all appears fine.

I'm about an hour and two kids away from the firing range, so It's hard to test things in a timely manner. My oldest is old enough to go along, but isn't interested, my youngest begs to go along, but she's not trustworthy enough - tends to dash off without notice - not good at the range.