THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM ASIAN HUNTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Asian Hunting Forum    Some outfits think foreign hunters are stupid
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Some outfits think foreign hunters are stupid
 Login/Join

posted

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Why would they change the horns? Simple mistake or something else?

Posts: 11990 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: 26 January 2006Reply With Quote
posted Hide Post
It's not unusual for horns/antlers to be swapped (generally for inferior specimens).

It could have been incompetence or too much vodka, but my guess is a better offer came along, either to the PH or the taxidermist.

George

Posts: 14623 | Location: San Antonio, TX | Registered: 22 May 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Greg Brownlee
posted Hide Post
I would say likely a mistake on the operators part, but not one made with malice. A 58" marco polo is a great ram, but not uncommon for that area. I don't see a reason to steal the horns. If 65" +, then something may be a little fishy.

Greg Brownlee
Neal and Brownlee, LLC
Quality Worldwide Big Game Hunts Since 1975
918/299-3580
greg@NealAndBrownlee.com

www.NealAndBrownlee.com

Instagram: @NealAndBrownleeLLC

Hunt reports:

Botswana 2010

Alaska 2011

Bezoar Ibex, Turkey 2012

Mid Asian Ibex, Kyrgyzstan 2014

Posts: 1154 | Location: Tulsa, OK | Registered: 08 February 2010Reply With Quote