THE ACCURATERELOADING.COM BIRD SHOOTING FORUM

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Hunting  Hop To Forums  Bird Shooting    Let us see some more pictures please .... come on .... Show off!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: Saeed
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Let us see some more pictures please .... come on .... Show off!
 Login/Join

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted
I would like to see more pictures of bird hunts, actual shots, video clips, just bag display shots. I know i can see lots on websites but it is so much more interesting to see them and read the narative.

Hello... collector... are you there! Big Grin

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11241 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post

A nice limit of Ontario Ruffed and Spruce Grouse. Lots of grouse in Ontario and good early work for the dogs. Season opens mid Sep.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of BigB
posted Hide Post

Gun club birds, if you live near Chicago you either hunt these or go for a very long drive for wild birds.

BigB

Posts: 1401 | Location: Northwest Wyoming | Registered: 13 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

My setter Maggie retrieving a chukar a few years ago. Maybe we'll get some fresher pics this year.

Meanwhile, check out our website San Joaquin Llewellins.

Posts: 99 | Location: Clovis, CA | Registered: 02 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
19 bull sprig, half day hunt. Spring subsistence hunt in AK.

Bristol Bay beach hunting camping and hunting.

Babe and a good mornings work.

Posts: 9475 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of PWN375
posted Hide Post

Posts: 1144 | Location: Green Country Oklahoma | Registered: 16 December 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of L. David Keith
posted Hide Post
Talk about rare: American, Eurasion and Storm Widgeon in this photo taken in CO.

Close up of "Storm" Widgeon

Eurasion Widgeon are getting to be more common in Alaska and on the Pacific and Central flyways. Such that you can now buy good Euro Widgeon decoys.

3 mounts by world champion Jerry Froelich: Redhead, Redhead/Canvasback hybrid, Canvasback

Pacific Eider mount by Jerry Froelich

Coffee table mount by Jerry, standing with Capt Charlie Summerville of King Eider fame. This amazing mount features a Pacific Eider and 2 King Eiders swimming in the Bering Sea.

Ross Goose hybrid I shot in Texas. It is in a blue goose color phase. Rare bird.

Mallard/Black Duck hybrid I shot in Tennessee. One of several I have taken.

A few of my duck calls and bands.

Eastern tom I took this past Spring. Double beared but it had 3 extra long hairs in the main beard; 2-15 inches and 1 that measured 15.25 inches. Bird was 2.5 years old and only 22+ lbs.

A good morning in Arkansas last season. The two fella's on the right came down from MI. The one on the inside right (gray and white plaid shirt) was an Army recruiter in Arkansas during the sixties. He had enlisted one of my local AR friends in the Army back then. My friend is a retired detective. They remembered each other. It was an amazing circumstance.

Some of my AR friends I hunt with. Tim (far left) is a guide. His camp sits on the backwaters of the AR river (behind the group). Morning hunt results.

A good morning for Thornell and I on our local lake. Some of you will remember Mark from DSC.

Some of my dekes that morning:

One of my new calls made of Afican blackwood and ebony by Bob Wiseman, champion call maker from TN.

Another of Bob's custom calls:

Ducks I photographed in Africa on a good safari with Chris Troskie.

Gold Finch in my back yard.

Gray Ghost Hunting Safaris
http://grayghostsafaris.com Phone: 615-860-4333
Email: hunts@grayghostsafaris.com
NRA Benefactor
DSC Professional Member
SCI Member
RMEF Life Member
NWTF Guardian Life Sponsor
NAHC Life Member
Rowland Ward - SCI Scorer
Took the wife the Eastern Cape for her first hunt:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6881000262
Hunting in the Stormberg, Winterberg and Hankey Mountains of the Eastern Cape 2018
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/4801073142
Hunting the Eastern Cape, RSA May 22nd - June 15th 2007
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=810104007#810104007
16 Days in Zimbabwe: Leopard, plains game, fowl and more:
http://forums.accuratereloadin...=212108409#212108409
Natal: Rhino, Croc, Nyala, Bushbuck and more
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6341092311
Recent hunt in the Eastern Cape, August 2010: Pics added
http://forums.accuratereloadin...261039941#9261039941
10 days in the Stormberg Mountains
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/7781081322
Back in the Stormberg Mountains with friends: May-June 2017
http://forums.accuratereloadin...6321043/m/6001078232

"Peace is that brief glorious moment in history when everybody stands around reloading" - Thomas Jefferson

Every morning the Zebra wakes up knowing it must outrun the fastest Lion if it wants to stay alive. Every morning the Lion wakes up knowing it must outrun the slowest Zebra or it will starve. It makes no difference if you are a Zebra or a Lion; when the Sun comes up in Africa, you must wake up running......

"If you're being chased by a Lion, you don't have to be faster than the Lion, you just have to be faster than the person next to you."

Posts: 6822 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 18 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 894 | Location: Alberta Canada | Registered: 20 May 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
@Nakihunter

Sorry been traveling for a while....cleaning up some pics will post soon Smiler

Here is one I took last week in South Africa.

Kori Bustard

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Jackduckhunter
posted Hide Post
A buddy of mine who's a regular on here has been after me forever to post up some pics so I suppose this is the perfect thread to begin with.....enjoy.

A great brant shoot along with some other bonus birds
[/IMG]
A pair of beautiful black ducks with classic view of marsh in the background
[/IMG]
An early season seaduck bag
[/IMG]
The hardest working retriever on the east coast, Gunner, at work
[/IMG]
Chris and son Tyson after a successful hunt on the "big pond"
[/IMG]
Some scoter closeups
[/IMG]

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service
www.CoastlineGuideService.com

Posts: 110 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 21 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well that didn't go as planned as I can't see the pics. I'll try and figure out what I did wrong copying them from photobucket and try and fix it. I guess for now y'all have to wait!

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

Posts: 110 | Location: Massachusetts | Registered: 21 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tyson and his dad Chris with a nice mornings bag of seaducks

My youngest after a great puddle duck hunt

Some scoter close up shots

A great bag after an early season scoter shoot

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My thanks to my good friend and fellow waterfowler Kamo Gari for his help tonight with figuring out the photo posting on here. Thanks my friend!

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
There goes the neighborhood.

Smiler

Welcome, Jack. Phone no workee so good right now; maybe I should consider washing my fingers after eating a piece of fried chicken and before trying to swipe my greasy digits across the screen... Call me tomorrow.

Hunting: I'd kill to participate.

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kamo Gari:
There goes the neighborhood.

Smiler

Welcome, Jack. Phone no workee so good right now; maybe I should consider washing my fingers after eating a piece of fried chicken and before trying to swipe my greasy digits across the screen... Call me tomorrow.

Roger that will do. Hey I figure if you're so well accepted on here I'll have no problem!!

Wink

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A few more.......hopefully I paid attention to my lesson with "the master"........

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well alright.....Ol' Jack has joined the fray!!!

Posts: 2717 | Location: NH | Registered: 03 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of collector
posted Hide Post
A big welcome to Captain Jack of the King Eider Club fame !!!

Posts: 947 | Location: Pennsylvania, USA | Registered: 12 November 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thanks fellas. Help me put some actual names with the screen names on here. Shoot a pm if you would!

Thanks!

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

one of us
Picture of Fallow Buck
posted Hide Post
Great pics guys,

I'm editing up some video at the moment of some partridge shooting here in the UK and some of our safari so hope to add some soon.

We are just going into our seasonhere now so I'm hoping to have a chance to get some more footage.

K

Posts: 4096 | Location: London | Registered: 03 April 2003Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
Wow! Thanks guys. Please do not stop! Collector, we are still waiting!

Anyone here with some good videoclips of sandgrouse shooting? I wish I could see some!

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11241 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ok Nakihunter........ye asked and ye shall receive!

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
You asked for it, OP...

Wink

[IMG]
http://i108.photobucket.com/al...tCapeCod-1.jpg[/IMG]

Posts: 2897 | Location: Boston, MA | Registered: 04 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nice pics, KG......I'm not sure the fowling experience gets more diverse than what we have in our backyard here in NE.....it's better in other places but not as varied in terms of species and setting.

I just counted 29 of the 40 huntable fowl species in N.A. that either I or our buds have shot here in NH or MA......wondering if anyplace else in the US can say that (the only 11 I left out are shoveler, the 2 whistling ducks, mottled, Barrow's, Ross', cackling, white-fronted, sandhill and swan.....but Jack has probably found where they come thru Wink)

Thoughts? (and someone may have a better list of all huntable NA species......post it if you would be so kind).

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
Nice pics, KG......I'm not sure the fowling experience gets more diverse than what we have in our backyard here in NE.....it's better in other places but not as varied in terms of species and setting.

I just counted 29 of the 40 huntable fowl species in N.A. that either I or our buds have shot here in NH or MA......wondering if anyplace else in the US can say that (the only 11 I left out are shoveler, the 2 whistling ducks, mottled, Barrow's, Ross', cackling, white-fronted, sandhill and swan.....but Jack has probably found where they come thru Wink)

Thoughts? (and someone may have a better list of all huntable NA species......post it if you would be so kind).

You are right I've found a few my friend!!

KG great pics........even found some of me with the more trimmed appearance!!

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I'm sorry but those waders standing on their own are scary. So how cold was it?

~Ann

Posts: 19557 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

That was New Year's Day 2010.....my Jon boat was an ice breaker that day.....saw one other boat at the launch and they decided to go back home.....I think it was too cold for the ducks too.....we went home empty-handed. Eeker

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hey KG............You coulda left the one with the Coastie Chopper out of it..........."I didn't like that one bit!!" LOL

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Some great photos there of duck hunting.

I love the dog covered in snow and ice.

Thanks for posting.

Posts: 3191 | Location: Victoria, Australia | Registered: 01 March 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post

[IMG]
http://i108.photobucket.com/al.../ID2011145.jpg[/IMG]

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
A few videos to finish. You asked for it, OP!

Wink Smiler wave

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:

Hi Ann. Dunno', but as something of a veteran of the New England coastal deep winter waterfowl wars, that kind of fun stuff means it's around zero degrees F, or colder.

One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
Daisymae, she also goes by Razzamataz.

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Rub Line
posted Hide Post
Mostly crappy cell phone pics, but good memories, non the less.

Wisconsin youth waterfowl hunt weekend:

Daisy:

Wisconsin waterfowl first opener.
Woodies:

Buddies:

2nd opener.
Action shot:

This day was priceless:

-----------------------------------------------------

Do not answer a fool according to his folly, or you yourself will be just like him. Proverbs 26-4

National Rifle Association Life Member

Posts: 1992 | Location: WI | Registered: 28 September 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
KG.....do you recall the several hours prior to that pic of the 2 blacks laying on our guns?

Epic fail might apply....... rotflmo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
KG Love that video of our "bird identification" fun! Too funny.

Nice pics guys!

Captain Jack Renfrew
Coastline Guide Service

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Norton:
KG.....do you recall the several hours prior to that pic of the 2 blacks laying on our guns?

Epic fail might apply....... rotflmo

I do not recall any such event. And won't. Ever.

Eeker holycow

One of Us
Picture of Kamo Gari
posted Hide Post
Goodonya' for getting the next generation out, RL! Looks like a great day with great memories.