Find
Notify
Tools

What a surprise Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Just another typical lying crook

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...cfa43c30815cf0&ei=38

How about a special investigator for him?

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw this the other day.

How do you get along without a bank account of any sort? Confused

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15132 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
It doesn’t say he doesn’t have a checking account…it says he doesn’t have a savings or retirement account.

Anyone with any business sense stays as vague as legally possible about their business. If his constituents don’t care for that…they can get rid of him.

If his disclosures are “against the law”…let the law deal with him.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
“against the law”…let the law deal with him

And let the law deal with trump and his accomplices while his minions STFU.

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It looks like his finances are "structured" to avoid reporting requirements, like money launderers structure their deposits. He apparently decided that only "interest-bearing" accounts have to be reported, and he could have ten or twenty kept below the reporting threshold. He and his wife apparently transferred around $10 million worth of real estate to other family members so it's not reportable.

He's a Republican, so rules don't apply to him.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
It doesn’t say he doesn’t have a checking account…it says he doesn’t have a savings or retirement account.

Anyone with any business sense stays as vague as legally possible about their business. If his constituents don’t care for that…they can get rid of him.

Says he has no bank accounts. I dunno about you but my checking account is at a bank.

And, sorry, there are laws in regard to financial disclosures for elected officials like this nimrod and it appears he's not in compliance with those laws.

Only a republican like you would respond to that sort of information by saying "So what?" I guess when you are a trumptard, you just have to get used to that when commenting on illegal, unethical and immoral behavior.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

Says he has no bank accounts. I dunno about you but my checking account is at a bank.

And, sorry, there are laws in regard to financial disclosures for elected officials like this nimrod and it appears he's not in compliance with those laws.

Only a republican like you would respond to that sort of information by saying "So what?" I guess when you are a trumptard, you just have to get used to that when commenting on illegal, unethical and immoral behavior.

Dr. Easter has made clear that his only priorities are he doesn't want to pay taxes (while insisting on a robust infrastructure to support his commercial endeavors and travel) or have to comply with pesky regulations.

Other, lesser people should foot the bill for providing him with both necessities and conveniences for the privilege of being on the same planet with him while he knows better than any expert the government has how things should be done.

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
quote:

Dr. Easter has made clear that his only priorities are he doesn't want to pay taxes (while insisting on a robust infrastructure to support his commercial endeavors and travel) or have to comply with pesky regulations.

Other, lesser people should foot the bill for providing him with both necessities and conveniences for the privilege of being on the same planet with him while he knows better than any expert the government has how things should be done.

Do you pay more taxes than you have to?

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I probably pay more than I “have to” as we have a conservative account.

I certainly pay the ones I am supposed to.

More to JDollar’s point, I understand taxes are necessary. The disband the IRS, no tax folks are not serious people.

Posts: 10960 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Flat tax.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Flat tax.

amen

and freeze property taxes for the lifetime of ownership

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Flat tax.

You would still need the IRS.

Someone has to collect.

The Fed Government has no authority to tell a state what that state’s property tax should be.

I mean, a state could do as you wish now. That is a pipe dream.

Posts: 10960 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I will say it again…anyone in business who is not as vague as legally possible with their finances is an idiot.

And if he broke ethics rules or laws…let due process move forward on him.

If I were he…I would laugh at the Daily Beast…who the hell cares what they write? They will never like him anyway. I am comfortable with my compliance but I DAMN sure work hard to minimize my tax bill.

I am happy with anyone else paying all they desire.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
sure, we would need a (MUCH REDUCED) IRS to collect and process the payments - but 15% or even 25% taken out on payday would certainly reduce the need

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
Flat tax.

You would still need the IRS.

Someone has to collect.

The Fed Government has no authority to tell a state what that state’s property tax should be.

I mean, a state could do as you wish now. That is a pipe dream.

However, they could be reduced.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe no one. Of the Feds start looking at it, he will care. Tjst is the prerogative of the IRS and Justice Department.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Joshua,
Since you are a reader…have you read the entire federal tax code? (I admit this is a loaded question.)

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Absolutely not. I do not play in that field. I would not even think of trying. We have a conservative accounting firm.

Between State and Feds, I pay 3 income taxes. I shutter at the thought of this year.

Like I said, maybe no one cares. Johnson would care if the Feds came looking. My advice play well within the lines, and not on the edge of out of bounds.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Lane,
I pay a really good accountant to ensure that I am compliant with all tax laws - Heck, on 1/2/xx the IRS could actually email you what your tax burden is - but there are laws that say they can't - okay, make that 2/1/xx, in the cases where the paycheck comes in with prior/current year dates on it

For MOST americans, it's a couple data points from employers, from state/county,bank connections -standard deduction, and poof - here's your bill - if you want to itemize, that's cool, but this is what your unadjusted bill looks like...

this is NOT even a "big data" problem - wouldn't require complex systems and interfaces (remember, IT is what I do), and could be all run in the cloud, with COTS software, and a couple 10s of programers to ingest the tax code over a year - the compute cost would be WAY less than paying all the auditors

the number of tax payers is slightly imposing, but the number of data points per taxpayer certainly isn't

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Absolutely not. I do not play in that field. I would not even think of trying. We have a conservative accounting firm.

Between State and Feds, I pay 3 income taxes. I shutter at the thought of this year.

congrats on a good year

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Absolutely not. I do not play in that field. We have a conservative accounting firm.

Question #’s 2, 3, &4: Is it even possible to read the entire tax code? Understand it? And, be in full compliance with all aspects of it?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
have you read the entire federal tax code? (I admit this is a loaded question.)

Lane, that's just MEAN spirited -- you are being ugly to him!!
rotflmo

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
read and comprehend the entirety of it? nope, I don't think so .. a computer might could, if you could convert all the "logic" into sql code (for example) - At one time, I had 63 sql developers working for me at a major bank, and we took contracts, and I mean Archane and esoteric contract language and converted to simple sql rules .. and a billion conditions

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Absolutely not. I do not play in that field. We have a conservative accounting firm.

Question #’s 2, 3, &4: Is it even possible to read the entire tax code? Understand it? And, be in full compliance with all aspects of it?

For a complex return how would the IRS even know if it was or wasn't in compliance? trump's return of 10+ years ago [for which he received a $76 million conditional instant refund] is still being audited with 3 auditors working on it. I expect that he has hundreds of little companies each filing their own complicated return.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1214 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
just a minor correction, it was 73 million -

This is a laugh riot
https://www.newyorker.com/news...ggest-outrage-of-all

Literal act of congress to get him this refund

Under tax law, refunds of more than two million dollars require approval from Congress’s Joint Committee on Taxation, which also got involved.

When it takes them 30 days to come back with audit results, you likely have broken the law. If it takes a decade, they are squaring every cent

But if the IRS AND a JOINT committee approved it, it was likely that no laws were broken --

though, to be honest, I don't think trump himself discovered and leveraged the law -

i am not a lawyer, more specifically, I am not YOUR lawyer, and this should not be considered tax advice -And, as basis, if you own several companies, structure them to file as a single entity, where net losses and gains can be used across companies -- and it's the law that lets him recover his losses over years

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Tax Code is in multiple volumes ONLY because rich people, corporations and "trade associations" have gotten corrupt Members of Congress to add special provisions for them, while working people, with no lobbyists on salary, don't have special tax breaks with their names attached.

I say scrap it in its entirety, set the tax rates that are appropriate to each income level and eliminate deductions. There's no reason at all for taxpayers to be subsidizing capitol improvements or farming equipment when there are no price breaks on products produced with government subsidies.

If you are in a 15% bracket just figure what you made and cut a check for 15% of it.

Rates could come down substantially, tax lawyers and accountants could find useful jobs and we could pay down some debt by removing tax exempt status from churches who do shit besides religion and charity.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I would tax stock values as income.

If we want to exercise or values say up to 500k value or any non-voting shares, I’ll listen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will say it again…anyone in business who is not as vague as legally possible with their finances is an idiot.

If I were he…I would laugh at the Daily Beast…who the hell cares what they write? They will never like him anyway. I am comfortable with my compliance but I DAMN sure work hard to minimize my tax bill.

Right. We shouldn't worry about the fact that the Speaker of the House doesn't have a bank account. He should be "vague" about his finances.

Lane, you are on Pluto.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Right. We shouldn't worry about the fact that the Speaker of the House doesn't have a bank account. He should be "vague" about his finances.

Lane, you are on Pluto.

Yes sir…I usually fly my spacecraft all the way to the bank. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

I say scrap it in its entirety, set the tax rates that are appropriate to each income level and eliminate deductions.

Jeffrey, please explain to the class, in small words, why Bill Gates should pay a higher RATE OF TAX, when he has less and less need for government services, than a school teacher?

why should Bill pay 39% on all income when Teach pays 15%, but Teeach consumes more, by income ratio, government services?

the so-called "progressive" tax rates are a penalty for success, aren't they? when the "rich" can "afford" to pay more taxes than the next guy, why, hmm, what's that basic tenant of Marxism? from each according to his ability, to each according to his need" ???

i mean, i am certain it all makes sense in your mind

quote:

Uhmm, unrealized gains aren't taxable - but when you make a transaction, it is then taxed - taxing unsold stocks is actually speculation - 1 the money used to buy stocks is (usually) already taxed 2 it's pretty hard to get a refund for loss when the stock tanks 3 until sold and profit realized, the "paper" is speculation, 4 how often? so, let's say i buy a stock at 1, then it gets to 2, a year later (but unsold) would you take me for the difference? then, if i can afford to stay in it, would you tax me AGAIN when it gets to 3, and at what basis? 1 or 2? and then, due to (environment) it drops to 0.5, do you offer me a refund from 3, 2, 1 or none? If i keep it through several cycles, and it eventually grows from 1 to 4, over 10 years, do I pay tax on unrealized gains, incrementally, and THEN pay taxes on the difference between sales price and purchase price, in this case 4-1=3, even though you've taxed every incremental unrealized gains along the way?

great plan to flatline the stock market

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Like I said, I would tax the value as income. Major investors hide from paying income tax by holding large stock interest, and borrowing based on that valuation. It is no different than taxing land.

I would tax the value on whatever day your account submits your return.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

I say scrap it in its entirety, set the tax rates that are appropriate to each income level and eliminate deductions.

Jeffrey, please explain to the class, in small words, why Bill Gates should pay a higher RATE OF TAX, when he has less and less need for government services, than a school teacher?

why should Bill pay 39% on all income when Teach pays 15%, but Teeach consumes more, by income ratio, government services?

the so-called "progressive" tax rates are a penalty for success, aren't they? when the "rich" can "afford" to pay more taxes than the next guy, why, hmm, what's that basic tenant of Marxism? from each according to his ability, to each according to his need" ???

quote:

Uhmm, unrealized gains aren't taxable - but when you make a transaction, it is then taxed - taxing unsold stocks is actually speculation - 1 the money used to buy stocks is (usually) already taxed 2 it's pretty hard to get a refund for loss when the stock tanks 3 until sold and profit realized, the "paper" is speculation, 4 how often? so, let's say i buy a stock at 1, then it gets to 2, a year later (but unsold) would you take me for the difference? then, if i can afford to stay in it, would you tax me AGAIN when it gets to 3, and at what basis? 1 or 2? and then, due to (environment) it drops to 0.5, do you offer me a refund from 3, 2, 1 or none? If i keep it through several cycles, and it eventually grows from 1 to 4, over 10 years, do I pay tax on unrealized gains, incrementally, and THEN pay taxes on the difference between sales price and purchase price, in this case 4-1=3, even though you've taxed every incremental unrealized gains along the way?

NOBODY in Gates' bracket ever pays even the 15% rate due to the small army of accountants and lawyers they hire to leverage the loopholes they have paid for.

Our current corrupted system leads to such bizarre crap as the studio that completed a movie but decided the tax benefits of not releasing it were better than the money they would likely make from distributing it.

Scrap all the deductions and loopholes and there likely would be no need for any bracket to face 39%.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
just a minor correction, it was 73 million -

This is a laugh riot

Literal act of congress to get him this refund

Under tax law, refunds of more than two million dollars require approval from Congress’s Joint Committee on Taxation, which also got involved.

When it takes them 30 days to come back with audit results, you likely have broken the law. If it takes a decade, they are squaring every cent

But if the IRS AND a JOINT committee approved it, it was likely that no laws were broken --

though, to be honest, I don't think trump himself discovered and leveraged the law -

i am not a lawyer, more specifically, I am not YOUR lawyer, and this should not be considered tax advice -And, as basis, if you own several companies, structure them to file as a single entity, where net losses and gains can be used across companies -- and it's the law that lets him recover his losses over years

Nobody knows more about taxes than donald trump. No doubt he gets his advice from others. That being said I believe he purposely makes his returns complicated and cumbersome to deter/discourage audits. Based on stuff out of the NY fraud trial they could probably go after him for tax evasion. As far as the audit, it's probably been on the back burner for years.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Like I said, I would tax the value as income. Major investors hide from paying income tax by holding large stock interest, and borrowing based on that valuation. It is no different than taxing land.

One of our worst problems is that manner of thinking.

Pay taxes on what you "own", after paying taxes on the money you made to purchase what you "own".

The US Tax Code is designed to benefit those who manipulate the code the best.
NOT at all on equal nor fair taxation.

Either a flat Tax on income (including the SALE profit on stocks, land, etc)
OR a VAT or some blend is fair --

Never truly "Owning" what you bought and paid for is not fair

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

NOBODY in Gates' bracket ever pays even the 15% rate due to the small army of accountants and lawyers they hire to leverage the loopholes they have paid for.

Our current corrupted system leads to such bizarre crap as the studio that completed a movie but decided the tax benefits of not releasing it were better than the money they would likely make from distributing it.

Scrap all the deductions and loopholes and there likely would be no need for any bracket to face 39%.

so, you would support a flat tax?

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

dude, wow --
so, if it's down on a single day, you'd accept it as a loss?

Of course not

It's IDIOTIC to tax unrealized gains - once it's sold, there's rules, but no way would i ever support taxing something on perceived value - if i haven't sold it, for a gain, it aint not one's business.. in the INCREDIBLY limited cases where people take loans against stocks (thats a billtionaire's game -- which, in terms of earth population, zero) --

If i am an exxon employee, and i get stock over 30 years, or 40, until i retire, your proposal would mean that I way tax on unrealized gains .....

Let's put in the cast of crime -
EVERY human has the propensity to commit a crime, should we jail them all? of course not

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

No, but I would support three tiers, 10% from $20,000-100,000, 15% to $1,000,000, 20% over $5,000,000, to be adjusted (probably down) as needed to raise only necessary revenue and reduce the debt by at least 7% per year.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
WHY would it cost more to be an imprisoned citizen based off income? How, pray tell, should it cost MORE when you take LESS? What's your justification for saying those that make more should pay more?

Would be nice to hear something new on why there is no EQUAL protection under the law

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

No, but I would support three tiers, 10% from $20,000-100,000, 15% to $1,000,000, 20% over $5,000,000, to be adjusted (probably down) as needed to raise only necessary revenue and reduce the debt by at least 7% per year.

Who should decide what is necessary government spending and what isn't?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

quote:

Who should decide what is necessary government spending and what isn't?

That is what we elect a Congress and President to do; we should carefully consider who we elect.