Picture of jeffeosso
posted
Hmm, guys.. really?
Mike is against
same-sex marriage
ANY form of legal pot
abortion rights (of any kind)

He is a rabid election denier and trump supporter

and has been described, by other GOP actually FROM Baton Rouge , as "a bigot of the highest degree"

Can we put an R next to a taco and have vote?

they can't be serious

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Truly. Is there anything they might do at this point that would surprise you? Dismay? Disbelief? Incredulity? Yes.

Disbelief? No. They're getting ready to nominate trump to be POTUS again. barf

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Election denier, blessed by Trump. The MAGA Republican Party doesn't have a clue.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The MAGA Republicans in the House avoid answering a simple question. https://www.huffpost.com/entry...utm_campaign=us_main These monkeys have no hope of performing their duties for the American people.

Posts: 13775 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is more indication the GOP does not want to win elections.

Elections like President, Senator, and Governor.

The margin in the House is only 5 counting the guy from NY who won’t be there.

Keep it up with making everyone you need to be viable not vote for you.

These are the same “policies” that would see a Dem keep the Governorship of KY.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Emmer’s bid was destroyed by the Freedom Caucus types specifically Greene and a Rick Allen Bible Thumping over Emmer’s vote in support of Marriage Equality.

A) The issue, debate on marriage should stand resolved by the Supreme Court,
And
B) The New Testament is silent on same sex marriage,
And
C) Despite Dr. Easter not believing it, 70 percent of the nation is not against marriage equality. Nationally it is a dead issue, and to vilify those who seek marriage of the consenting adult is a losers fight that just makes those who engage in that fight a minority of hateful people. It is not simply the issue is stupid and needs to die. It is poor human behavior on by the “so-called Christians” who play this game.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
they literally went back 60 years

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, he's in, A Maga maggot and has ZERO experience

Posts: 15877 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What role does the speaker have in US system?

Here the general role is keeping the house orderly and ensuring the parliament is run by its rules? Its kind of a neutral position except you still try and provide a speaker from your party....

I get the impression though that the US speaker has more say?

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Speaker is 3rd in line in Session.

The Speaker is a Constitution mandated role.

Speaker selects committee members, and can call votes.

Here are the guidelines that were at one time adopted by the House

https://www.govinfo.gov/conten...p%20of%20the%20House.

I like this one: The Speaker's role as presiding officer is an impartial one, and
his rulings serve to protect the rights of the minority. 88-1, June 4,
1963, pp 10151-65. In seeking to protect the interests of the
minority, he has even asked unanimous consent that an order of the
House be vacated where the circumstances so required. 89-1, May 18,
1965, p 10871.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I will be generous and call him a blank slate.
I have nothing for or against him.
Get something done and impress me, then whatever your past is, or lack of, will not matter as much.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Kind of to be expected.

The rest of the country was demanding a speaker NOW.

The MAGA wing knew that if there was demand for a resolution as long as they were willing to stick to it, they would win it.

Unless Johnson can somehow deliver some popular results or can get the mainstream voter to see Biden as the problem, the GOP has probably condemned itself to being both a legislative minority and not holding the presidency.

Where are the GOP pragmatists? They got their behinds handed to them by a small group of Trump supporters.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Get something done and impress me, then whatever your past is, or lack of, will not matter as much.

+1

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

A blank slate? Did you read the OP? He's a trumpster looney tune. The new SOTH is a seditionist and an election denier. A liar and a caveman when it comes to social and cultural issues. Couldn't be a worse choice. Which is why it's no surprise the republicans chose him. barf

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
He’s a Gaetz twin. Enough said…. thumbdown 2020

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . just another step down the road to GOP irrelevancy.

If you like having a Democratic Congress and Executive Branch, be sure to thank any MAGAggot you meet.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Kind of to be expected.

The MAGA wing knew that if there was demand for a resolution as long as they were willing to stick to it, they would win it.

Unless Johnson can somehow deliver some popular results or can get the mainstream voter to see Biden as the problem, the GOP has probably condemned itself to being both a legislative minority and not holding the presidency.

Where are the GOP pragmatists? They got their behinds handed to them by a small group of Trump supporters.

Dr Butler-

Didn't you read? He's a Trumpkin, seditionist.

Your point as to getting the country to see that Biden and his circus troop of diversity appointments are the real problem, nothing will change.

I'm not sure why the Republicans seem to fear sharing the truth with the politically un-aware rank and file American. I can only surmise, they are part of the cabal and really don't want change.

Just look in here, things that are as plain as day, for all to see, the progressive leftists in here deny what's intuitively obvious to most.

There are 535 (or 545) people that are essentially running the entire planet. The rest of us just argue with one another. precious little changes.

Until a plurality of rank and file Americans understand who their real captors are we will continue to fight and keep these despots in power.

Stockholm Syndrom.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3388 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read that.

Seditionist? Dunno. Trump supporter, and brought into the election results denial, yes.

Nevertheless, the freedom caucus/MAGA GOP crowd were large enough to block anyone, as long as they stuck together. The pressure on folks who just want to get things done has been enormous. The democrats did not reach out in a closely divided house to help ensure a moderate got elected… their official option was Jeffries.

The moderate GOP eventually decided to support a person who has a lot of baggage. It doesn’t take much to see Trump got a veto over whoever congress nominated.

The GOP I fear has substantially damaged their chances of keeping a majority in congress by this s-show and its results.

Their only hope is that either Biden does something dumb or they are able to capitalize on events and show they have a better plan going forward that gets past the media gatekeepers.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
I read that.

Seditionist? Dunno. Trump supporter, and brought into the election results denial, yes.

Nevertheless, the freedom caucus/MAGA GOP crowd were large enough to block anyone, as long as they stuck together. The pressure on folks who just want to get things done has been enormous. The democrats did not reach out in a closely divided house to help ensure a moderate got elected… their official option was Jeffries.

The moderate GOP eventually decided to support a person who has a lot of baggage. It doesn’t take much to see Trump got a veto over whoever congress nominated.

The GOP I fear has substantially damaged their chances of keeping a majority in congress by this s-show and its results.

Their only hope is that either Biden does something dumb or they are able to capitalize on events and show they have a better plan going forward that gets past the media gatekeepers.

Completely agree except "Biden does something dumb" He does something dumb, or an unforced error, every day.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3388 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A seditionist for sure, no need to deny it, it is easy enough to see. A total MAGA piece of trash who tried to help Trump steal the election.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He's stepping into a new role to him, hence my reference to a blank slate.
If he runs things like his past, he will be on my shit list too.
If I dont give him a chance to be different from his past...... Then we should put down all criminals and drug dealers on the spot. They have no chance of reform either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not a betting man tb40, but if I were, I would bet that tiger will not change its stripes.

I do commend you for having an open mind though.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
Kind of to be expected.

Dr Butler-

Your point as to getting the country to see that Biden and his circus troop of diversity appointments are the real problem, nothing will change.

I'm not sure why the Republicans seem to fear sharing the truth with the politically un-aware rank and file American. I can only surmise, they are part of the cabal and really don't want change.

Just look in here, things that are as plain as day, for all to see, the progressive leftists in here deny what's intuitively obvious to most.

There are 535 (or 545) people that are essentially running the entire planet. The rest of us just argue with one another. precious little changes.

Until a plurality of rank and file Americans understand who their real captors are we will continue to fight and keep these despots in power.

Stockholm Syndrom.

Ah, now we're getting to it. "Diversity appointments" are the problem? And, it's the "cabal".

You're a fucking idiot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
It is going to come down to, was he representing his voters before?
And now he needs to stand in front for the whole USA.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is going to come down to, was he representing his voters before?
And now he needs to stand in front for the whole USA.

Well, I've got news. He won't.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I can’t wait to watch this fool of fools have to smarten up and negotiate a Funding Package.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The guy got 220 votes (every R member except 1 who was absent). He must have said something right in conference.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36556 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
The guy got 220 votes (every R member except 1 who was absent). He must have said something right in conference.

What? That he would blow Matt Gaetz?

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:

Maybe he agreed to get funding to shoot down the Jewish space lasers…Or get Boebart a get out of jail free card. animal

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

I like this one: The Speaker's role as presiding officer is an impartial one, and
1965, p 10871.

Yeas! And Nancy Peelousey worked very hard at protecting the interests of the minority.....and she was soooooooo impartial....

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Kind of to be expected.

Dr Butler-

Stockholm Syndrom.

Hear, hear!

Establishment republicans.....Mconnel, cornyn, graham types be damned.

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The democrats did not reach out in a closely divided house to help ensure a moderate got elected… their official option was Jeffries.

Yep! Party before country......as usual....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Their only hope is that either Biden does something dumb

jumping

All he has to do is open his mouth. They can't hide him in the basement this time animal

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
quote:
Kind of to be expected.

Dr Butler-

Stockholm Syndrom.

Hear, hear!

Establishment republicans.....Mconnel, cornyn, graham types be damned.

Except the plurality of Americans sees these MAGA assholes for being the frauds and seditionists that they are. The 20 Trumptards may have strong armed the SOTH, that will likely not play out well at the ballot box, see the 2022 mid-terms where Trumpism was squarely rejected. Most of America has no desire to be dragged back into the 1950's.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
One thing we can say for sure is that the majority of American’s Representatives voted for Mike Johnson for Speaker.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
One thing we can say for sure is that the majority of American’s Representatives voted for Mike Johnson for Speaker.

The GOP representatives have no spine and caved to the Trumptard terrorists.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Regardless, a majority of American’s elected representatives supported Mike Johnson.

He got 3 more vote than McCarthy.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yep that 5 member majority with 18 GOP House members coming from districts President Biden won.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

1965, p 10871.

Yeas! And Nancy Peelousey worked very hard at protecting the interests of the minority.....and she was soooooooo impartial....

I did not say she did.

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
He strikes me as an enemy of the Constitution, but as Hillary once said of the traitor Trump: We owe him an open mind and the chance to lead. Of course, we know how that went! rotflmo

From Popular Information:

Johnson played a key role in trying to overturn the 2020 election
Johnson was one of the main players in the efforts to overturn the 2020 presidential election. Following the election, Johnson led a group of Republicans in filing an amicus brief supporting a Texas lawsuit urging the Supreme Court to invalidate the election results in key swing states. The brief, which was signed by an additional 125 House Republicans, argued that “authorities in Georgia, Pennsylvania, Wisconsin and Michigan had ‘usurped’ the constitutional authority of state legislatures when they loosened voting restrictions because of the pandemic.” The court declined to hear the case “citing a lack of standing.”

Former President Donald Trump personally asked Johnson to recruit Republicans to sign the amicus brief. Johnson “sent an email from a personal email account in 2020 to every House Republican soliciting signatures for” the brief, stating that Trump “specifically asked me to contact all Republican Members of the House and Senate today and request that all join on to our brief” and that Trump was “anxiously awaiting” to see who signed on. Johnson also posted on X, the platform formerly known as Twitter, that “President Trump called me this morning to let me know how much he appreciates the amicus brief we are filing on behalf of Members of Congress. Indeed, ‘this is the big one!’”

Hours before the Capitol insurrection on January 6, 2021, Johnson posted on X, “We MUST fight for election integrity, the Constitution, and the preservation of our republic! It will be my honor to help lead that fight in the Congress today.” Later that day, Johnson was among the 147 Republicans that voted to overturn the election. Johnson also reportedly coached his colleagues before the vote to certify the election. Many Republicans “relied on his arguments,” following his suggestion to “steer clear of the lies about mass fraud and instead hang the objection on the claim that certain states’ voting changes in the pandemic were unconstitutional."

Johnson has since continued to push claims of election fraud. Over a year after January 6, 2021, Johnson “continued to argue that he and his colleagues had been right to object to the election results” on his religious podcast “Truth Be Told.” When asked in a press conference on Tuesday about his involvement in attempting to overturn the 2020 election, Johnson did not answer. The Republicans surrounding him “drown[ed] out [the reporter’s] question with laughter and booing,” while one Representative, Virginia Foxx (R-NC), told the reporter to “shut up.”

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16376 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote