Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

GOP Picks ??Mike Johnson?? to run for speaker??? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes MM, and most criminals let out become repeat offenders too.
But, if you are saying criminals should never be let out of jail, I'll reverse and say Johnson should have never been allowed to be speaker.
Neither have the odds in favor of change in their behavior.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
He thinks his God elected him.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9568 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
He thinks his God elected him.

After a careful review of the 220 Republicans who voted for him I can only conclude he's either mistaken or delusional.

Posts: 9568 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
A seditionist for sure, no need to deny it, it is easy enough to see.

You know what's weird, I tried looking up his court records for conviction and sentencing of sedition -- could you provide a link, or is it all just "in your opinion" kind of thing?

you know, the whole rule of law/no one is above the law ACTUAL basis of our country?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
A seditionist for sure, no need to deny it, it is easy enough to see.

You know what's weird, I tried looking up his court records for conviction and sentencing of sedition -- could you provide a link, or is it all just "in your opinion" kind of thing?

you know, the whole rule of law/no one is above the law ACTUAL basis of our country?

Denial...no longer just a river Jeffe.

Did you see who led the amicus brief trying to overthrow the election? None other than Mr. Sedationist himself.

https://thehill.com/homenews/h...ut-rep-mike-johnson/

I know the GOP is your team Jeffe but really? The guy is a MAGA piece of shit. No need to defend the turd.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Actually, Steve, you can see from my first post that I am fairy damning of this this guy. I realize that some people aren't capable of following in totality, but I'd never accuse you of being one of those.

The question was to YOU, on your "statement of fact" that he's a seditionist - I only asked you to provide FACT to backup your statement.

From what i can find, in my poor google skills, is no record this this buffoon ever even being charged or named (legally) accused of the CRIME of sedition. While i disagree with how this IDIOT decided to (mis)use process, in several cases, I canNOT find where he's even been charged.

I get it, He's GOP, so in your mind, he's guilty of every possible thing - Fortunately the Rule of Law requires a conviction prior to execution, er sentencing -

I also get you'll spout off with comments to character, rather than addressing fact - so boring

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Question for the lawyers…

Is it a crime under USC to utilize legitimate legal authority and position to get a result you want using the process?

In other words, is it sedition to set up the legal situation to ensure your preferred outcome happens?

So in his case, is it sedition to try and use house rules to get Trump certified as long as no laws were broken and they accept any court decision as to what the law means?

I thought coming up with a novel (read often bizarre) legal theory was perfectly legal and reasonable… as long as you accepted the system and abided in it? Ie, try to use the courts and appellate system, but never implement your findings without legal passage?

I get that the attempt is immoral when you know that the position you take is wrong, but is it illegal?

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Actually, Steve, you can see from my first post that I am fairy damning of this this guy. I realize that some people aren't capable of following in totality, but I'd never accuse you of being one of those.

The question was to YOU, on your "statement of fact" that he's a seditionist - I only asked you to provide FACT to backup your statement.

From what i can find, in my poor google skills, is no record this this buffoon ever even being charged or named (legally) accused of the CRIME of sedition. While i disagree with how this IDIOT decided to (mis)use process, in several cases, I canNOT find where he's even been charged.

I get it, He's GOP, so in your mind, he's guilty of every possible thing - Fortunately the Rule of Law requires a conviction prior to execution, er sentencing -

I also get you'll spout off with comments to character, rather than addressing fact - so boring

He's a nut and you know it. Thinks god put him in the position. barf

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
He's a nut, and then some - do see my first post in the matter- he's literally against things that most americans are pretty good with, and ALL the maga voted for him - which can't be good

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
He's a nut, and then some - do see my first post in the matter- he's literally against things that most americans are pretty good with, and ALL the maga voted for him - which can't be good

Since all the Republicans in the House voted for him...

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

Since all the Republicans in the House voted for him...

means all the GOP voted for him, including MAGA -- is it really so hard to understand?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

See Dr. Butler's post above.

Mike Johnson may not have broken the law but he most certainly contributed to the effort to overthrow a legitimate election. His efforts make him a seditionist in my book, every bit as guilty as the the J6th rioters or Sidney Powell though likely a bit smarter. Those enablers should all be called out and held accountable, no need to defend the turd.

More than just Trump needs to be dumped, his co-conspirators need to be dumped as well.

I am not anti-GOP, I voted straight line GOP for years, I am anti-Trump and Trumpism. I cannot support those who were complicit in attempting to steal the 2020 election.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

See Dr. Butler's post above.

Mike Johnson may not have broken the law but he most certainly contributed to the effort to overthrow a legitimate election. His efforts make him a seditionist in my book, every bit as guilty as the the J6th rioters or Sidney Powell though likely a bit smarter. Those enablers should all be called out and held accountable, no need to defend the turd.

More than just Trump needs to be dumped, his co-conspirators need to be dumped as well.

I am not anti-GOP, I voted straight line GOP for years, I am anti-Trump and Trumpism. I cannot support those who were complicit in attempting to steal the 2020 election.

We need a LIKE button.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1168 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

He's a nut and you know it. Thinks god put him in the position. barf

Maybe God did, to punish us for electing Trump.
Maybe figures if we won't learn easy, he'll try making it hard.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14373 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote