Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Two years Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
It's been two years now, since the Afghan withdraw.
25 months ago Biden stood in the East Wing of the Whitehouse at the podium. I remember he pledged to the Afghan nationals who stood with us.
he said " There is a home for you with us, you stood by us, we will stand by you".
There are thousands that still cannot get out.
I have seen first hand what allies give up to stand beside the US men and women. I consider them to be fellow brother and sisters in arms.
I hope they have found safe places to hide and are doing the best possible.
I am a decorated combat vet, and a very proud American.
But I am not always proud of the actions America takes.
To those Afghans who were beside us. You will not be forgotten by everyone.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Amen. This is not the first time.

Posts: 10010 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Lovely!

Illegal immigrants are housed in hotels, just as they do in England.

War veterans who fought for you are homeless on the streets. clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66943 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Heartfelt and well said!

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just remember who set the get out deadline.

Posts: 15874 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You dumb fuck wymple. The agreement was broken by them first. We had no reason to stand by it.
This is about those left behind we said we wouldnt. Not your petty tiff with trump.

One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
First, TB40 thank you for volunteering your service to this country.

As to Joe Biden's lip service 25 months ago, I can not envision a scenario where he gives a shit about some foreigner if he can't muster the wherewithal to stand still during the dignified transfer for members of his own armed forces who gave their lives for his country.

Do you remember this pathetic display from 24 months ago?

https://www.snopes.com/factch...iden-check-watch-13/

Posts: 2928 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas "Ty" Beaham:
First, TB40 thank you for volunteering your service to this country.

As to Joe Biden's lip service 25 months ago, I can not envision a scenario where he gives a shit about some foreigner if he can't muster the wherewithal to stand still during the dignified transfer for members of his own armed forces who gave their lives for his country.

Do you remember this pathetic display from 24 months ago?

https://www.snopes.com/fact-ch...iden-check-watch-13/

I don't remember your outrage when Trump called our war dead "suckers and losers" and refused to go to Dover for over two years...

Link

quote:
According to a HuffPost review of Air Force records, there have been 96 “dignified transfers,” as the military refers to them, at Dover since the start of Trump’s presidency, which saw the return of 127 Americans killed overseas. Trump has been there for four of the transfers, which brought home the bodies of nine soldiers.

At least Joe showed up.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9566 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes Sarge,

I was just as outraged as you. Equally.

Now, as to Joe Biden.

Where is yours?

All I see is a weak attempt at deflection and rationalization.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Then you didnt look very close did you Jeff, and are spouting off.
Neither Trump or Biden are/were worthy CIC's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Yes Sarge,

Now, as to Joe Biden.

Where is yours?

The link claims the only time they could verify he looked at his watch was after the bodies departed. To whom was he being disrespectful?

Posts: 9566 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Then you didnt look very close did you Jeff, and are spouting off.
Neither Trump or Biden are/were worthy CIC's.

It's been a long time since I wore government clothes, but I could wear them without shame under Biden, as I did every day Jimmy Carter was President.

I was ashamed to be a civilian under Trump.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Yes Sarge,

Now, as to Joe Biden.

Where is yours?

The link claims the only time they could verify he looked at his watch was after the bodies departed. To whom was he being disrespectful?

"Updates CORRECTION [3 September 2021]: This article was changed from Mixture to True after a photograph was uncovered showing Biden checking his watch for a second time during this ceremony. The article originally addressed the claim that Biden checked his watch 13 times but was changed to "multiple times" to better address the most common rumors about this incident."

"As noted by USA Today, Associated Press photographer Carolyn Kaster captured two images of the president as he appeared to glance at his watch. As these photographs were taken 10 minutes apart, it appears that Biden checked his watch at least twice during the ceremony."

I think you know full-well to whom he was showing his utter disrespect.

You just can't bring yourself to say it publicly for whatever reason.

That's your prerogative.

Oh, and Jefffive, I am grateful for your service as well.

Thank you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
All about you now, Jeff?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Yes Sarge,

Now, as to Joe Biden.

Where is yours?

Updates CORRECTION [3 September 2021]: This article was changed from Mixture to True after a photograph was uncovered showing Biden checking his watch for a second time during this ceremony. The article originally addressed the claim that Biden checked his watch 13 times but was changed to "multiple times" to better address the most common rumors about this incident.

As noted by USA Today, Associated Press photographer Carolyn Kaster captured two images of the president as he appeared to glance at his watch. As these photographs were taken 10 minutes apart, it appears that Biden checked his watch at least twice during the ceremony.

That's still far less disrespectful than simply NOT SHOWING UP for two years.

Joe apparently didn't call over the ranking officer and say "Let's speed this shit up" or make rolling hand gestures, he looked at his watch!

Trump refused to visit our WWII dead in France because it was raining and called those at Arlington "losers and suckers", Biden towing around a Grandfather clock in a little red wagon would never come close to that kind of disrespect.

Step back and ask yourself "If I have to reach this fucking far to grasp so little is it worth doing?"

Joe buried a son who served his Country and may well have died because of it, something no Trump has ever bothered to do, unless you consider his Grandfather running a brothel "serving his Country" but that was in Canada.

NOT ONE MEMBER OF THE TRUMP FAMILY EVER SERVED A DAY!

I guess those "bone spurs" are genetic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Donald Trump could dump a truckload of runny shit on some of you while Joe Biden walked by eating a sandwich and if Joe dropped a crumb you'd wipe shit out of your eyes to yell "LITTERBUG!".

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Donald Trump could dump a truckload of runny sh!t on some of you while Joe Biden walked by eating a sandwich and if Joe dropped a crumb you'd wipe sh!t out of your eyes to yell "LITTERBUG!".

you know, while earthy, this is pretty accurate -- and, of course, if you swapped the names, it would also be true. Remember when people were calling for invoking the 25th over "coveffe", while the press gives the (sometimes hysterical) Biden gaffs a pass?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Or, we could just remember the people we left behind.
The media has forgotten them, but we should not.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
speaking of checking his watch
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YsJCWlSzqSQ

Hey, What Was Joe's MOS? What Branch did Joe Serve in? I think it was the same "branch" as Clinton, Obama, and Trump. Wasn't it?

I guess we passed the torch from president bone spurs to president asthma

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Acknowledged.

Point taken.

My apologies for derailing this discussion.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:

Hey, What Was Joe's MOS? What Branch did Joe Serve in? I think it was the same "branch" as Clinton, Obama, and Trump. Wasn't it?

Joe had the same MOS as Nixon, Ford and Reagen...

Then there was Jimmy Carter, who had more balls than all of them combined.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

wrong, Again - Reagan actually did serve - stateside, to be sure, but he did serve during WWII --

but it's "cute" how you ignored Biden checking HIS watch... hmm, one might think you are using different measurements between people..

the 1900s word for that is Hypocrite - a word that doesn't seem to affect some

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

wrong, Again - Reagan actually did serve - stateside, to be sure, but he did serve during WWII --

but it's "cute" how you ignored Biden checking HIS watch... hmm, one might think you are using different measurements between people..

the 1900s word for that is Hypocrite - a word that doesn't seem to affect some

You are correct, he did technically serve. My mistake.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
good on you, Jeff

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
and, researching, ford was actually in harm's way during WWII -- i didn't know he had served, at all -- the more you know
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...d#U.S._Naval_Reserve

and Nixon was a Lt Comm in the Navy
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...xon#Military_service

I didn't know that either --

wow --

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
patriot to TB40!

I agree…damn shame what was done. We acquired that bad habit during Viet Nam and were never able to shake it.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I sort of sympathize with our Afghan allies, but then I have met soldier casualties of turn coat allies and they did knuckle under in about three seconds after we left. Made the Vichy French look honorable.

The real blasphemy is the failure of our government under multiple administrations to secure victory for the Americans who served, fought and were wounded or died. How do you as someone responsible for that conclusion 2 years ago explain yourself or your conduct to the parent of a vet? The spouse of a casualty? The off spring of a sacrifice there?

Our conduct in Afghanistan is despicable to Americans.

Posts: 9091 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

A quote springs to mind when I read what you write. In regard too what was promised too those people.

quote:
You are only as good as your word!

Posts: 4239 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
I sort of sympathize with our Afghan allies, but then I have met soldier casualties of turn coat allies and they did knuckle under in about three seconds after we left. Made the Vichy French look honorable.

The real blasphemy is the failure of our government under multiple administrations to secure victory for the Americans who served, fought and were wounded or died. How do you as someone responsible for that conclusion 2 years ago explain yourself or your conduct to the parent of a vet? The spouse of a casualty? The off spring of a sacrifice there?

Our conduct in Afghanistan is despicable to Americans.

As soon as the Doha accord was signed the Afghanis knew what was going to go down. Of course they knuckled under, similar to how people caved to the Nazi's in Germany during WWII. Easy to say you should resist but those people knew what was coming, they had lived it before, they knew that not only anyone working with the Americans but their families as well would be targeted for retaliation.

Like many of our adventures in spreading Democracy and Nation building, we can win on the battlefield but we are not able win the population over and convince them to embrace Western values.

I agree completely with TB40, we should never have left our allies in Afghanistan behind. Not much different from our treatment of the Kurds in Syria, allies up until it was decided that they were no longer worth the cost.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote