New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stupidity of Americans Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted
Biden and Trump are the best choices for 2024?

No way we will be around in 100 years at this rate of stupidity.

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I think those will be the choices and it won't be until after which ever one of them gets elected that we see change.

I will also point out much of the problems we deal with are also due to our congress, nothing worthwhile ever gets done there. Example: they have never solved the illegal problem. Now you city people are paying for every single necessity for illegals. Dumb!

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
This is a subject which has been flogged to death; here and elsewhere. It is truly incomprehensible that anyone would see Trump as a great leader or heroic figure. Just as it seems impossible that anyone would see Joe Biden as being physically and mentally suited to be the president of the US. Both demonstrate their shortcomings daily, yet their supporters will not see. It is truly a sad situation.
Even CNN sees the southern border as being unprotected, but Biden supporters think he's doing a great job.
Donald Trump is literally a seditionist, a con man, a liar and a cheat, yet his supporters think he was the greatest President in history. You can't fix that kind of blindness. There really needs to be a "none of the above" option on the ballot for these two. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3532 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Gibbon - The History of the Decline and Fall of the Roman Empire

Posts: 383 | Location: Henderson, NV | Registered: 21 January 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
This is a subject which has been flogged to death; here and elsewhere. It is truly incomprehensible that anyone would see Trump as a great leader or heroic figure. Just as it seems impossible that anyone would see Joe Biden as being physically and mentally suited to be the president of the US. Both demonstrate their shortcomings daily, yet their supporters will not see. It is truly a sad situation.
Even CNN sees the southern border as being unprotected, but Biden supporters think he's doing a great job.
Donald Trump is literally a seditionist, a con man, a liar and a cheat, yet his supporters think he was the greatest President in history. You can't fix that kind of blindness. There really needs to be a "none of the above" option on the ballot for these two. Regards, Bill

There are other choices on the ballot including write in, but none of them have a snowball's chance in Hell of winning. trump talks more tax cuts yet you have companies like Microsoft or Berkshire who have tens of billions that they don't know what to do with, but we borrow to give them tax cuts.

I wouldn't trust trump regarding 2A issues. He'll go whichever way he thinks the winds will blow in his favor.

I guess his supporters believe trump is going to lower gasoline prices by pumping more oil and burning up the gasoline and diesel fuels like there is no tomorrow. AFAIK we are still exporting gasoline and diesel fuels.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1204 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Capt.Purvis:
Biden and Trump are the best choices for 2024?

No way we will be around in 100 years at this rate of stupidity.

Both sides have the opportunity to select a different candidate, pretty much every other GOP candidate is magnitudes better than Trump (for all their faults, but hey its a bloody low bar), and nothing stopping an alternative to Wheezy coming forward.

But it will like be Wheezy and Chump on the ticket. You can largely blame those who just unthinkingly vote either D or R because that what they have always done. God forbid they actually put some effort into looking into the various candidates and going for the best one.

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I will vote for somebody besides Trump in the Primary and will 100% for sure vote in the (R) Primary. I will vote for the (R) nominee (even Trump) in the General. In my voting lifetime…there has never been a time when the (D) was the better choice.

It is not so much about the individual. The individual has little power. It is ALL about the general trends of the parties.

Secondly, the general public hates piling on…anyone. The Democratic Party has gone all in on piling on Trump with legal system.

My prediction is that Trump will be re-elected due to the legal persecution he has received. My preference would be for DeSantis, Scott, Hailey, or even Ramaswami (sp?).

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36630 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I will vote for somebody besides Trump in the Primary and will 100% for sure vote in the (R) Primary. I will vote for the (R) nominee (even Trump) in the General. In my voting lifetime…there has never been a time when the (D) was the better choice.

It is not so much about the individual. The individual has little power. It is ALL about the general trends of the parties.

Secondly, the general public hates piling on…anyone. The Democratic Party has gone all in on piling on Trump with legal system.

My prediction is that Trump will be re-elected due to the legal persecution he has received. My preference would be for DeSantis, Scott, Hailey, or even Ramaswami (sp?).

Too bad that they fail to see that trump has earned all of the legal peril that awaits him.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1204 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

You said it well.

Your views couldn't be more plain than that.

"everybody knows" of course.

https://youtu.be/k-1hOlySigM?si=JIAI5EeD0w7a7c8f

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19748 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
It is not so much about the individual. The individual has little power. It is ALL about the general specific trends of the parties.

Another truth. Wow.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19748 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:

You actually look at the views and policies of the various candidates (I assume). A large percentage don't, they just vote for the party they identify with, irrespective of the policies.

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:

You actually look at the views and policies of the various candidates (I assume). A large percentage don't, they just vote for the party they identify with, irrespective of the policies.

For as long as I live I will vote against Republicans at every level; if a Democrat has the best chance at beating a given Republican they'll get my vote, as will a Communist, a Satanist or a goddamned Martian if they can establish eligibility.

Unless they go ahead and start the civil war they like to bang their gums about I can provide no higher service to my Country at this point than doing all I can to eradicate the Republican Party everywhere but history books.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
quote:

Too bad that they fail to see that trump has earned all of the legal peril that awaits him.

Well, people like Lane fail to see it....or just don't give a shit about morals, the law or what's just and right.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15105 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Maybe…maybe not…time will tell on that.

But what sets it apart is that when the shoe fits the other foot…they never wear it. In other words our giant bloated bureaucracy is using the legal system as a tool to hedge for the POTUS “they” like…not the POTUS the people want. The people see that now and they don’t like it. They are willing to give Trump the benefit of the doubt to send that message back to them.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36630 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Rubbish. Trump is a criminal, a blind man can see that.

Fraud in NY, the perfect phone call in GA, J 6th,the classified documents. The man is not fit to serve.

Let me remind you that Trump lost the popular vote in both 2016 and 2020, his chosen candidates were handily beaten in 2022. You are way off bases saying that Trump is somehow the POTUS the people want, not the vast majority of folks. Most of us see him as the charlatan that he is.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
If it was just popular vote, we’d be ruled by one party

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:

Well that assumption is valid only if:

The GOP refuses to get off their high horse.
The GOP fails to achieve fascism.
They refuse to change, negotiate, compromise for the sake of the nation.
They refuse to acknowledge and nurture a pluralistic society.
They continue denial of climate science
They continue with the conspiracy theories and disinformation and lies and tribalism.
They continue to present populists demagogues as viable
They continue in failure to acknowledge the significance of "We The People".
They continue to conflate church and state.
And so forth

The disturbing thing is that they know all that.

Thus:
"When Conservatives become convinced that they cannot win democratically, they won't abandon Conservatism they'll abandon Democracy" -

XXX

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:

Well, people like Lane fail to see it....or just don't give a shit about morals, the law or what's just and right.

Personal jabs are a traditional part of the forum, although I'd rather we stuck to issues.

We have the evil top-two primary system, apparently designed to strangle third parties in their cribs, otherwise I'd mostly vote Libertarian.
As things are, we mostly vote R or D on downballot offices. Electoral genocide in its best light.
Local politics are heavy with drillers, developers, big agriculture, and real estate ladies. Only liberal on the surface...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:

You really haven't been paying attention, have you?

If I could wipe the Republican Party from all records, public monuments and people's memories today (and bet your ass I would) the Democratic Party would split into at least two and probably three Parties before the weekend was over.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I say do everything we can to preserve and empower the Founding principles through the democratic process, rule of law, and constitution.

Achieving that is a long game, but during the process we can watch the GOPers squirm. Being losers long enough, things will change.

They will call it weaponization --- of what? They are already doing that - Projectionism?

It won't matter if the GOP dissolves. The sentiments that sustain and foment it now will still haunt us.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:

Fraud in NY, the perfect phone call in GA, J 6th,the classified documents. The man is not fit to serve.

Let me remind you that Trump lost the popular vote in both 2016 and 2020, his chosen candidates were handily beaten in 2022. You are way off bases saying that Trump is somehow the POTUS the people want, not the vast majority of folks. Most of us see him as the charlatan that he is.

Right now there is poll that gives data to show he may win the popular vote even in 2024.

But really^^^that has zero affect on anything.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Right now there is poll that gives data to show he may win the popular vote even in 2024.

Correct, I was just pointing out that Trump was hardly the clear People's choice for POTUS in the 2020 election. Plenty of people voted against the buffoon. Your assertation that the the bureaucracy used the legal system to put a finger on the scale has failed in every single attempted lawsuit Trump and his coconspirators filed. Zero evidence of that.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To be honest, I think most of these polls are echo chambers for the folks commissioning them.

There is a group of both GOPers and democrats who waving a potential Trump presidency has immediate and immense gain.

Even folks I know who support Trump think there should be a better option. They just are so mad at the bureaucracy and the current administration that they can’t think of a bigger way of expressing their displeasure than supporting him.

When it comes to the ballot box, it’s going to be different I suspect.

I am very afraid we will have either Trump or Biden in again. Neither are a good option, and I will not support either one.

Posts: 10633 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Correct, I was just pointing out that Trump was hardly the clear People's choice for POTUS in the 2020 election. Plenty of people voted against the buffoon. Your assertation that the the bureaucracy used the legal system to put a finger on the scale has failed in every single attempted lawsuit Trump and his coconspirators filed. Zero evidence of that.

I wasn’t speaking about 2020. I am speaking about 2024. They ARE trying…it is just backfiring and making him the current people’s choice.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

I am very afraid we will have either Trump or Biden in again. Neither are a good option, and I will not support either one.

Then you are a fool. If President Biden is re-elected we will have another election in 2028, and in 2032.

If Trump ever gets back in office there won't be any more elections until the smoke clears.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

Then you are a fool. If President Biden is re-elected we will have another election in 2028, and in 2032.

If Trump ever gets back in office there won't be any more elections until the smoke clears.

spaceJefffive

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...=32#image=AA1hlrcL|1

Donald Trump Makes Difficult Announcement
Story by Carver Malone • 20h

Former President Donald Trump revealed that he is battling more problems “than anybody even understands” stemming from Joe Biden’s weaponized justice system.

Trump says there are “sinister” forces and “radical left thugs” attacking the nation, but he’s “honored” to fight on behalf of hardworking, patriotic Americans.

“I’m honored to get up every single day and do battle on your behalf,” Trump said. “You probably read about some of those battles. I’m still doing battles. Doing more battles than anybody even understands.

“I’m protecting the people in this room, and protecting the people of this nation,” Trump continued.

“And I have to tell you, it’s not easy. But it’s something that’s such an honor to be doing. It’s no wonder that this very sinister opposition is now tearing down every law and institution to try and stop us from vanquishing them from power forever.”

“As you know, crooked Joe Biden and the radical left thugs … have weaponized law enforcement to arrest their leading political opponent, leading by a lot,” Trump said.

“But what they’re doing is high level election interference. That’s what it is. They’re interfering. … and it’s happening for a single reason: because I’m the only candidate that they do not want to run against. And the polls bear this out.”

“We beat Hillary Clinton. You know, I used to call her crooked Hillary. But I took that name away from her. That was a great day. About two months ago, I said, ‘You know what?’ Because I don’t like using names on people doubles,” Trump explained.

“I think we have a lot of words out there. So now I call her beautiful Hillary. It’s a beautiful woman. Rather than sleepy Joe. We call him crooked Joe because it’s a very appropriate name. So that was a good day for Hillary. I think she was very happy with that.”

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...=32#image=AA1hlrcL|1

Donald Trump Makes Difficult Announcement
Story by Carver Malone • 20h

Former President Donald Trump revealed that he is battling more problems “than anybody even understands” stemming from Joe Biden’s weaponized justice system.

Trump says there are “sinister” forces and “radical left thugs” attacking the nation, but he’s “honored” to fight on behalf of hardworking, patriotic Americans.

“I’m honored to get up every single day and do battle on your behalf,” Trump said. “You probably read about some of those battles. I’m still doing battles. Doing more battles than anybody even understands.

“I’m protecting the people in this room, and protecting the people of this nation,” Trump continued.

“And I have to tell you, it’s not easy. But it’s something that’s such an honor to be doing. It’s no wonder that this very sinister opposition is now tearing down every law and institution to try and stop us from vanquishing them from power forever.”

“As you know, crooked Joe Biden and the radical left thugs … have weaponized law enforcement to arrest their leading political opponent, leading by a lot,” Trump said.

“But what they’re doing is high level election interference. That’s what it is. They’re interfering. … and it’s happening for a single reason: because I’m the only candidate that they do not want to run against. And the polls bear this out.”

“We beat Hillary Clinton. You know, I used to call her crooked Hillary. But I took that name away from her. That was a great day. About two months ago, I said, ‘You know what?’ Because I don’t like using names on people doubles,” Trump explained.

“I think we have a lot of words out there. So now I call her beautiful Hillary. It’s a beautiful woman. Rather than sleepy Joe. We call him crooked Joe because it’s a very appropriate name. So that was a good day for Hillary. I think she was very happy with that.”

I REALLY hope the Clinton Foundation buys the Trump Tower at the fire sale and renames it "Hillary's Closet"...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I wasn’t speaking about 2020. I am speaking about 2024. They ARE trying…it is just backfiring and making him the current people’s choice.

I do not think that most rational people see a man under indictment for 91 felonies as the people's choice for POTUS. The man is not fit to be elected dog catcher. He is a criminal, a sedationist, an adulterer, a fraud and more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
There is an objective way to sort out the "weaponizing" thing.

But of course that would defeat the GOP's purpose, which really is the point.

First, one has to want to be objective.

https://protectdemocracy.org/w...tigation-weaponized/

How to tell whether a government investigation or prosecution is “weaponized”
DEFENDING THE RULE OF LAW
RESEARCH & ANALYSIS
ANALYSIS
MAY 9, 2023

KRISTY PARKER
ANNE TINDALL
JUSTIN FLORENCE

These key questions can help assess whether a government-led investigation or prosecution is appropriate — or an abuse of power.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I do not think that most rational people see a man under indictment for 91 felonies as the people's choice for POTUS. The man is not fit to be elected dog catcher. He is a criminal, a sedationist, an adulterer, a fraud and more.

But currently leading in the polls with poll showing him likely to win the popular vote this go round.

Not my number 1 choice but certainly superior to what we have.

The people hate the one-sided heavy-handed legal wrangling the bureaucrats are putting him through. Another point brought out in the polls.

He is likely to be the 47th POTUS. I prefer DeSantis, Scott, Hailey, or even Ramaswamy.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's very disturbing news, Lane, certainly posted in the correct thread "Stupidity of Americans". It's disturbing to me because of the outcome trajectory, the end, which is far more than Trump getting back in office. The means is also disturbing. Republican lies and spin are working - the politicians are being rewarded for it. Not that they didn't already know how to lie and spin, invent narratives, but Trump has taught them to a whole new level.

The question is why is the base rewarding the politicians for such obvious corruption of the Founding principles?

To me, it's just like rewarding a bad dog for bad behavior. In this case, it's a pack of bad dogs.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...54f4def0603c7&ei=120

Anti-Trump Super PAC Says Attack Ads Are Backfiring
Story by Ryan Teague Beckwith and Gregory Korte • 12h

Most attack ads against Donald Trump are convincing Republican primary voters to support the former president’s White House bid, a conservative political group has concluded.

The Win it Back PAC, a super political action committee that has spent millions of dollars to persuade GOP voters to support anybody but Trump, found that most of their tested messages were having the opposite of their intended effect, underscoring the challenge for the former president’s primary opponents to knock him off his perch as the Republican frontrunner.

XXX

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Stop the billions spent on campaigns.

Each person publishes his or her policies.

Pick the one you like.

Hold them to their promise

Or jail them

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66990 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
Stop the billions spent on campaigns.

Each person publishes his or her policies.

Pick the one you like.

Hold them to their promise

Or jail them

Saeed, Democrats have tried to limit the flood of money in political campaigns for decades, only to have Republicans on the Supreme Court blow up the flood gates time after time, even going so far as to declare that Corporations are entitled to the same rights as People to let then affect elections.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Technically, it (citizens united) allow corps more rights than individuals on campaign donations - it's really odd, though, both sides are using it, but i thought it was immoral?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38488 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Technically, it (citizens united) allow corps more rights than individuals on campaign donations - it's really odd, though, both sides are using it, but i thought it was immoral?

As long as it's legal and corporations supporting Republicans are doing it Democrats would be suicidal not to as well, but one side vehemently opposes it being legal.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

As long as it's legal and corporations supporting Republicans are doing it Democrats would be suicidal not to as well, but one side vehemently opposes it being legal.

So morals be damned, if they can do it we can do it? that's really your position...

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38488 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by jeffeosso:

So morals be damned, if they can do it we can do it? that's really your position...

No, but letting Republicans outspend Democrats 3 or 5 to 1 would only prove they were stupid. As soon as Democrats gain a filibuster-proof majority, or abolish it entirely, they will put through legislation to roll back Citizens United.

Republicans will oppose it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm glad I'm old. Surrounded by Dim idiots and they are going to breed themselves into a clear majority. This country is going to hell in a handbasket.

Posts: 10029 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote