New
Find
Notify
Tools

Govt Censorship Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
I don't care who your "team" is. This should never happen.

~~~~~~~~
The Department of Homeland Security worked with a Stanford University organization to censor even true information around the 2020 election.

This comes from a report from the House Judiciary Committee. The committee says that the federal government worked with social media companies “to censor true information, jokes, and political opinions.”

“This pressure was largely directed in a way that benefited one side of the political aisle: true information posted by Republicans and conservatives was labeled as ‘misinformation’ while false information posted by Democrats and liberals was largely unreported and untouched by the censors. The pseudoscience of disinformation is now—and has always been—nothing more than a political ruse most frequently targeted at communities and individuals holding views contrary to the prevailing narratives.”

The government called this “switchboarding,” meaning they were trying to switch certain information and people on and off. Needless to say, this was done with taxpayer dollars.

detailed HJR here

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
I don't care who your "team" is. This should never happen.

~~~~~~~~
The Department of Homeland Security worked with a Stanford University organization to censor even true information around the 2020 election.

This comes from a report from the House Judiciary Committee. The committee says that the federal government worked with social media companies “to censor true information, jokes, and political opinions.”

“This pressure was largely directed in a way that benefited one side of the political aisle: true information posted by Republicans and conservatives was labeled as ‘misinformation’ while false information posted by Democrats and liberals was largely unreported and untouched by the censors. The pseudoscience of disinformation is now—and has always been—nothing more than a political ruse most frequently targeted at communities and individuals holding views contrary to the prevailing narratives.”

The government called this “switchboarding,” meaning they were trying to switch certain information and people on and off. Needless to say, this was done with taxpayer dollars.

detailed HJR here

Lies from a Republican Committee. Big surprise.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/jim_jordan/statu...674461408006431?s=46

https://x.com/elonmusk/status/...743484116169032?s=46

https://x.com/mzhemingway/stat...744928168874303?s=46

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What nonsense. The GOP's never-ending lying disinformation campaign designed to convince the sheep that the government is a nasty boogie man who wants to take all your toys away.

You'd have to be an idiot to think that anybody these days is being censored.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15127 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Journalist everywhere are talking about it today.

Close you eyes and ignore it.

Thank goodness Elon recognized it was happening.

Elon is far from right winged.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
And for the record this was mostly about 2020.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

Right. Elon knows best. At least, if you are an Elon Fan-Boy. cuckoo

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
..You'd have to be an idiot to think that anybody these days is being censored.

It must be a true gift to be able to live under such naïveté.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

jumping

The guy who has turned twitter into a cesspit of fake news, inaccurate and false information...

Posts: 7188 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
..You'd have to be an idiot to think that anybody these days is being censored.

It must be a true gift to be able to live under such naïveté.

It must be a true curse to believe there is a government boogie-man hiding under your bed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not believe Government is inherently evil. I also not believe he our Government is out to destroy me or my property/wealth.

I do believe those things of big banks and completely unregulated business.

I also do not care what Elon Musk has to say about anything.

However, those who seek to discredit this Committee are going to have to do more than proclaim, “ It is all a lie.”

Posts: 10956 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I do not believe Government is inherently evil. I also not believe he our Government is out to destroy me or my property/wealth.

However, those who seek to discredit this Committee are going to have to do more than proclaim, “ It is all a lie.”

Did you read the report and see what was being "censored"?

quote:
Users on Twitter and Facebook are sharing manipulated images of people
moving boxes in trucks labeled ‘Emergency Democrat Votes.’ We suggest
labeling or removing tweets that use this photo, as it could undermine people’s
faith in the legitimacy of the election process.

Nobody was ever ordered to do anything, suggestions were made to label or take down clearly false or misleading content.

Jim Jordan and the rest of the Republicans on this Committee just didn't like that Trumpers weren't allowed to lie unfettered, like they themselves do.

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am slogging through it.

Much prefer reading cases.

Posts: 10956 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I am slogging through it.

Much prefer reading cases.

Probably more exciting and better written.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Personally I think government is in the same boat as big banks.

I do think they are trying to make it exponentially harder to make long term wealth, in the name of “fairness” and “equity”.

I don’t think either government or big business is inherently evil, but both are more interested in their own interests than in mine.

I also agree that what Elon musk wants is of no consequence to me.

Posts: 10658 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
America has CUSTOMIZED democracy! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67023 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote