New
Find
Notify
Tools

Mass Murders solutions? Login/Join 
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The firearms community really should get out in front of this and suggest a sensible solution. But like us here and almost everywhere, it wont happen.

Sensible solutions have been but forward for decades.

Then left does not want sensible solutions.

They want to dis arm the American people

Posts: 19368 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You do not like responsibility very much. We are the ones who advocate, purchase, and use these weapons. We should lead in making it better. The do nothingers are playing into anti-gunners hands.

The problem is the firearms are not the problem. With out human intervention a firearm well not kill any body.

It takes some one to load it. With out human actions firearms to not kill people or game.

Placeing the blame on the object will always head you in the wrong direction.

Posts: 19368 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by p dog shooter:
quote:
The firearms community really should get out in front of this and suggest a sensible solution. But like us here and almost everywhere, it wont happen.

Sensible solutions have been but forward for decades.

Then left does not want sensible solutions.

They want to dis arm the American people

The problem is not that the anti-gunners have faulty solutions, the problem is that the pro-gunners offer absolutely nothing and refuse to even try. Guess who wins that long game?

Posts: 15877 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
There are over 90,000 public schools and 32,000 private schools in the US.

How do you suggest we fund turning each of those schools into impregnable fortresses with armed guards, fencing, barbed wire, etc.

Just putting two security guards making $50k a year each in each school would cost over 12 billion dollars. I guess the government could cancel the F35 contract?

Trading 87,000 new IRS employees would be one helluva start!

Seems Biden thinks we can afford them????

Except that the IRS is not getting 87,000 new auditors. I've posted repeatedly that this is just another whack-job fantasy but I'll try again:

>>>>There’s only one problem. It’s not true.
The Inflation Reduction Act, a landmark climate, health care and tax package that passed the Senate on Sunday and is expected to head to Biden’s desk after the House approves it on Friday, includes roughly $78 billion for the IRS to be phased in over 10 years. A Treasury Department report from May 2021 estimated that such an investment would enable the agency to hire roughly 87,000 employees by 2031. But most of those hires would not be Internal Revenue agents, and wouldn’t be new positions.

According to a Treasury Department official, the funds would cover a wide range of positions including IT technicians and taxpayer services support staff, as well as experienced auditors who would be largely tasked with cracking down on corporate and high-income tax evaders.

“It is wholly inaccurate to describe any of these resources as being about increasing audit scrutiny of the middle class or small businesses,” Natasha Sarin, a counselor for tax policy and implementation at the Treasury Department, tells TIME.

At the same time, more than half of the agency’s current employees are eligible for retirement and are expected to leave the agency within the next five years. “There’s a big wave of attrition that’s coming and a lot of these resources are just about filling those positions,” says Sarin, an economist who has studied tax avoidance extensively and who was tapped by the Biden administration to beef up the IRS’s auditing power.<<<<

https://time.com/6204928/irs-8...nts-factcheck-biden/

Okay, I didnt say auditors, I said employees first off!

But by your post goofy joe wants 78 BILLION FOR THE IRS!!!!! Over ten years, okay, I got it.

7.8 Billion dollars a year for the IRS!!!! IF they just replacing attrition that's no need for an increase counselor.....one retires, one gets hired....pretty much net zero????? Or is there "lawyer math" involved???

So.....lets invest 7.8 billion dollars a year for the next ten years in school security. My God its for the children man!!!! To the total of 78 Billion dollars.For Gods sake man, you and your over educated under intelligent rant said it would only cost 18 billion a year to protect our schools. Hell lil mikey! For 78BILLION dollars a year we could make our schools nuke proof and give teachers a raise!

You are a koolaid drinking moron....look in the mirror, you'll see it.

Lets quit spending money on your illegal alien buddies and put that towards protecting our children. My God man, its for the children!!!!

No that won't work.....we need control....not something that actually makes sense.....

You and heym come up with a lot of stupidity, this stuff ain't hard y'all are a certifiable case of educated beyond your intelligence..

JTex, you demonstrate your legal stupidity everyday. It is actually worse than stupid because when you are presented with legal facts you refuse to read, and just tell us what you want.

Like precedent is not law.

Legal stupidity???? Well at least my stupidity is in just a narrow totally corrupt field......

While your stupidity seems to abound in just about every other aspect of life.....

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yes sir. Like when you claim precedent is not law or the 2nd Amendment did not originally allow states to regulate possession of firearms by the citizens of the state.

The Incorporation Doctrine, crime and punishment in general.

What is stupid is when presented with the controlling law and case law, you take pride in your ignorance. You refuse knowledge for your lies if what should be.

At least, the Ann, Dr. Easter, and Crbutler as demonstrated by their responses read and have a real discussion of what legal issue debated entails.

Thus, enjoy your stupidity.

My you favorite play by you is to claim over education and indoctrination.

First, the inference that education is bad or one can even obtain an overload of knowledge demonstrates your limitations.

Second, knowledge, in this context legal knowledge, is not indoctrination. That the Bill of Rights or legal precedent originally does not mean what you think it or allow what you want does is not a knowledge problem. That is a you problem.

Your obvious hate for groups of people you do not interact with is stupid. Your everything is Dems fault ignoring the lack of response by Republican controlled governments (who ran in those issues) such as debt and border security is stupid.

Your support of President Trump post Jan 6 is stupid.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
7.8 Billion dollars a year for the IRS!!!! IF they just replacing attrition that's no need for an increase counselor.....one retires, one gets hired....pretty much net zero????? Or is there "lawyer math" involved???

Put that in context. How does it compare to the trillion dollar tax cut trump gave the wealthiest> I think the IRS is equally as important to our country. Compare it to defense spending. You wouldn't blink if they spent that on a stupid, useless wall. Your outrage is totally fake.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here is a great basic intelligence test:

Who was the duly, legally elected President from the 2020 election. Thus, the person who should ascend to the Office:

A) President Biden,
or
B) President Trump.

If President Trump is not convicted of a felony and wins re-election. He will be my President again. He will not get there with my help this time.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Saeed is right. Education is the first requirement. Teach people that the killing of innocents is not OK. We, as a society, have decided to teach that deviant behaviour is not only OK but is to be embraced. This approach has not done us any favours. Teaching of right and wrong is not only OK but is desirable. Moral character should be reinforced through education. We need to quit trying to tear down our heroes and return to building good character rather than condoning bad.
In almost every case, the shooter could have been, and may actually have been, identified. A common thread seems to be that warning signs are ignored or not acted upon. I'm not sure what can be done about this.
I was drafted, and at the time, was not real happy about it. I now believe that EVERY resident owes two years of service to the nation, and I mean EVERY. Male, female, rich, poor, healthy or infirm, you have to serve the country before you can expect the country to serve you. Many of the rights we have come to take for granted should have to be earned. I'm not speaking, necessarily, of military service. I am speaking of service. A form of indentured servitude, if you will. Resurrection of something like the CCC program would be a good start.
The point is, if the problem is not the availability of guns, it must lie elsewhere, so we should try to address it. I suspect that some sacrifice is required and we must be willing to make the sacrifice.
I am certain that my idea of earning rights and privileges would be exceptionally unpopular to the vast number of entitled citizens we have today; just as it is unpopular to suggest that some citizens should not have firearms.
We have learned (or should have) that any program or system is vulnerable to corruption and graft, so breach of trust should be seen as the very worst of crimes, since it is essentially treason and a crime against all of society. We have to do a better job of selecting and electing our leaders. Let's face it, the last two were hardly fine examples of strong moral character. Further, we see that people are more than willing to support their "champion" and ignore the country's needs and laws.
I know all of this seems a bit far off the track, but mass murder, whether shootings or bombings, are symptomatic of a larger problem; one which must be identified and corrective measures taken. Ultimately, this has to be done by people different than I. I am an old, virtually uneducated, man, I mean, person, who is much closer to the finish line than the starting gate, so what do I know? Well, I know we are kind of screwed up and I know it has taken us a long time to get this bad, so it won't be an overnight fix.
I seriously doubt I will ever see JFK's exhortation to "Ask not what your country can do for you, but ask what you can do for your country", play to a receptive audience, but I believe it has to if the country, and our rights along with it, is to survive.
By the way, I am a dual citizen and I believe this applies to both countries. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3524 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
You’re a dual citizen living in Elko, B.C.

Do you carry a Canadian PAL in your wallet?

Do you feel that the vetting every five years involved in acquiring and keeping that PAL are a safety cutout in keeping the crazies from having guns?

Do you feel that Canadian safe storage laws help?

Do you feel that comparable laws would reduce mass murders in the U.S.?

Posts: 5740 | Location: Alberta | Registered: 14 November 2002Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tumbleweed:
You’re a dual citizen living in Elko, B.C.

Do you carry a Canadian PAL in your wallet?

Do you feel that the vetting every five years involved in acquiring and keeping that PAL are a safety cutout in keeping the crazies from having guns?

Do you feel that Canadian safe storage laws help?

Do you feel that comparable laws would reduce mass murders in the U.S.?

Yes.
No.
No.
Probably not.
Mass shootings are not a gun issue so much as a societal mental health issue. I feel that the society is, to a significant extent, mentally ill. Too many people see killing as an appropriate action. Understand, I do believe there are times when violence, including the use of deadly force, is not only appropriate, but necessary.
I think firearms training for kids; along with instruction as to the responsibility which comes with gun ownership, would be very beneficial. Again, I don't think firearms ownership is necessarily the real problem though it may be somewhat contributory. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3524 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This could have been bad. We don't hear about this because it was nipped in the bud.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYADeL_gNIU

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not likely to help with the school shootings because the perpetrators seem to be young and without records, but one thing that would work would be that if a convicted felon commits another felony in possession of a firearm, the penalty is death. Automatic. No discretion by the judge or the jury.

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You and heym come up with a lot of stupidity, this stuff ain't hard y'all are a certifiable case of educated beyond your intelligence..

Tsk, tsk. What abysmal grammar!

- "Heym" (capital "H").

- You need a period after "stupidity." When you end a sentence, use a period.

- A period comes after "hard." See above. If people have to search for where to put a period, they can get confused and stop reading what you wrote.

- "Y'all are" is plural. So instead of saying "a certifiable case," you should say "certifiable cases."

- Strike the second period after "intelligence." Only one period is used to end a sentence.

Forum Spelling, Grammar, and Syntax Police (self-appointed, in keeping with forum practice).

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote