New
Find
Notify
Tools

Letitia, Fani’s second cousin…by marriage Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Steve Forbes was even on Cavuto yesterday lamenting the wrongful use of the law in this case.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36614 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Argue all you wish.

The MAGA SHITHEAD is TOAST! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66982 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do not "know" that the law was weaponized and used for political purposes.

I do know that the size of the judgement and the fact that it was not over a failed fraudulent loan (in the sense that the loan was paid to the satisfaction of the terms) and then all the attempts to avoid allowing the usual appellate adjustments by having the whole fine/penalty/disgorgement be bonded is a bit unusual.

Right now its a known problematic court system (NY) and a known problematic prevaricator making statements.

I get that being a habitual liar should be punished, but this seems a bit beyond the pale.

Frankly, my experience with land developers makes me doubt that this is at all unusual in that business field. Way too much something out of nothing in that field.

Posts: 10627 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Such behavior being the norm would mandate that the norm be stopped when the state’s law code says such behavior should not occur.

I really do not care what Steve Forbes has to say. I care what the master appointed by the Court and what the courts trial and appellate say on the matter.

Posts: 10900 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

When a DA runs on “elect me and I will get Donald Trump” and all she could come up with is a victimless fraud charge where are parties testified they were not defrauded and where the discrepancy is a subjective answer on a finnancial statement…

…you can guarantee the law was weaponized and used for political purposes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36614 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The new conservatism. Lying on certified financial statements that you use to get loans is okay. If the banks don’t catch you and you can get the benefit of better terms by lying . . . life is good. If you get caught just tell them Lane and Orange Jesus said it is all okay and stop using “lawfare” to harass you.

Things we thought were bad for years that the Orange Jesus has taught us are okay:

- Infidelity
- Misogyny
- Lying (of every variant imaginable)
- Ridiculing the less fortunate and handicapped
- Denigrating law enforcement and the judiciary
- Disloyalty
- Sedition

The GOP, the party of traditional values. If God loves an imperfect tool, then with Trump he has the greatest “tool” imaginable.

Mike

Posts: 21220 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

When a DA runs on “elect me and I will get Donald Trump” and all she could come up with is a victimless fraud charge where are parties testified they were not defrauded and where the discrepancy is a subjective answer on a finnancial statement…

No different than singling out a mob boss.

Posts: 10900 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
quote:

No different than singling out a mob boss.

Good analogy.

Mike

Posts: 21220 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You seem to have confused the Georgia and NY cases.

Not that I blame you. There are so many cases against that man that it's hard to keep them all straight.

Posts: 6121 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote