Administrator
posted
It is official!

I am privileged!

And proud of it!

Stupid woman! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67007 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
This BS all started under 0bama. Pre0bama…racism was just about forgotten. We weren’t prefix-Americans…we were just Americans.

0bama picked the scab and set us back 50 years…he effectively divided Americans by race again. This divide has created a crevasse which will continue to widen until this nonsense stops.

As General Flynn says: 0bamaism…the precursor to wokism…division by design.

We must put this BS as this woman publishes behind us. Until we do…the crevasse widens.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
This BS all started under 0bama. Pre0bama…racism was just about forgotten. We weren’t prefix-Americans…we were just Americans.

0bama picked the scab and set us back 50 years…he effectively divided Americans by race again. This divide has created a crevasse which will continue to widen until this nonsense stops.

We must put this BS as this woman publishes behind us. Until we do…the crevasse widens.

He was your Ruler!

TWICE! clap

Posts: 67007 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
No argument from me on that one.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I wonder what that woman gets paid. Roll Eyes

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16415 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
nilly

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15122 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
It is official!

I am privileged!

And proud of it!

Stupid woman! clap

Just vote demoncrat and you'll be considered a useless idiot but at least you'll be safe. For awhile.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:

You have always been prefix Americans, it’s not a new thing Obama invented. I’ve always been puzzled why you refer to yourselves as Italian American, Irish American, African American, it certainly didn’t start in the last decade or so, it was happening to just the same extent in the early 90’s when I started spending more time in the US having met my wife.

And whilst we are at it racism wasn’t invented by Obama either, the times I was there in the 90’s and 00’s it was alive and well. I didn’t go to Texas back then but Florida, NJ, NY Delaware, plenty of racism there.

Btw I haven’t read Saeeds link, just in case it puts your comments into a different context, I refuse to give the DM a single penny where I can avoid doing so.

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:

You have always been prefix Americans, it’s not a new thing Obama invented. I’ve always been puzzled why you refer to yourselves as Italian American, Irish American, African American, it certainly didn’t start in the last decade or so, it was happening to just the same extent in the early 90’s when I started spending more time in the US having met my wife.

And whilst we are at it racism wasn’t invented by Obama either, the times I was there in the 90’s and 00’s it was alive and well. I didn’t go to Texas back then but Florida, NJ, NY Delaware, plenty of racism there.

Btw I haven’t read Saeeds link, just in case it puts your comments into a different context, I refuse to give the DM a single penny where I can avoid doing so.

I am a mutt, never mind the prefixes. I am Swiss/Irish on my mother's side, French (and according to my father's old aunties, American Indian) on my father's side. Who knows what else further back, I only know back to 1600s because someone else looked it up for his own reasons and what he dug up doesn't include any of the side branches. Hyphenating the whole mess would be an pointless waste of time.

Mutts are stronger, healthier, and smarter than purebreds. Having said that, there are so few purebreds now that the proposition is impossible to prove or disprove. Whatever. I belong in the world. Finally, after 70-odd years of wondering about it.

I take issue with the term cisgender, a prissy and entirely unnecessary piece of verbiage. I was born male and I like it that way.
Lets not paint me with some else's hog hair brush.

I know a number of black citizens who check eight of her nine boxes, and a couple more boxes that she left out from not knowing.
Some of them might not like her characterization.

Dr Golden must surely know something about what's earned. MDs aren't given out for participation trophies, and she didn't get where she is, easy.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14386 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

And pray tell what racism did you observe?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
It is always funny when people from other places know more about the US than lifelong US citizens do.

We have not ALWAYS been prefixAmericans. That started in the 60s and was waning in the 90s and early 00s. 0bama resurrected it and made it mainstream again. Divide and conquer was his motto.

I have no prefix. I am just an American.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I'm a Texan, which part of the description includes being an American, only more so

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Just my observations Lane, every bit as valid as yours. Not claiming to know more about the US at all, just pointing out that some of your comments are inaccurate.

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Just my observations Lane, every bit as valid as yours. Not claiming to know more about the US at all, just pointing out that some of your comments are inaccurate.

That is just it Nute, my comments were not inaccurate at all and your observations were not valid.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The only racism Obama contributed to was butt-hurt Republican racists who didn't like a non-white President.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
The only racism Obama contributed to was butt-hurt Republican racists who didn't like a non-white President.

A 100% false statement. 0bama set race relations back to 1968 levels.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nonsense. What did Obama do to set back race relations?

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

A 100% false statement. 0bama set race relations back to 1968 levels.

I do remember, and was very surprised, that a President would say such a thing.

There was a black criminal, and Obama said he felt that his son was being railroaded by the law because he is black!

What a bloody IDIOT!

Instead of standing on the side of law and order, he took the side of being black, regardless!

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That is just it Nute, my comments were not inaccurate at all and your observations were not valid.

You assert that racism was just about forgotten and no one viewed themselves as anything but just American pre Obama.

I met plenty of people who viewed themselves as “prefix “ Americans in the 90’s and 00’s, which suggests my view is perfectly valid. Those of Italian or Irish decent seem particularly vocal about their origins.

If you for some reason didn’t that doesn’t prove your view. Absence of evidence isn’t evidence of absence, you of all people should understand that, but evidently you don’t.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
I'm a Texan, which part of the description includes being an American, only more so

Well written!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

You assert that racism was just about forgotten and no one viewed themselves as anything but just American pre Obama.

I stated that in the period immediately pre0bama that racism was just about forgotten as compared to any other time in the history of the US. And, when that immediate pre0bama period is compared to the 1960-70s and the present…people viewing themselves as anything but just American was at an all time low (meaning the prefixes were falling out of vogue).

I met plenty of people who viewed themselves as “prefix “ Americans in the 90’s and 00’s, which suggests my view is perfectly valid. Those of Italian or Irish decent seem particularly vocal about their origins.

Reference my statement above.

They were there no doubt. But in comparison to how it was in the late 60s/early 70s and now…it was way rarer at the turn of the millennium.

If you for some reason didn’t that doesn’t prove your view. Absence of evidence isn’t evidence of absence, you of all people should understand that, but evidently you don’t.

What I am stating is your reference values for making the pre and post comparisons are flawed or absent. While far from zero it was at an all time low with steady and proper trajectory immediately pre0bama.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
Nonsense. What did Obama do to set back race relations?

It really appalls me that you can even ask that.

See Saeed’s post above? He even remembers…just multiply his memory by about a half a dozen occurrences and actions.

It begins with his affiliation with Jeremiah Wright—echoing his racist comments, cranks up with his debacle about Henry Louis Gates, and continues through his statements on Travon Martin and Michael Brown…adding in 2 or 3 other occurrences which I can’t remember right off the top of my head.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
This is what you said, and that’s what I responded to.

quote:
racism was just about forgotten. We weren’t prefix-Americans…we were just Americans.

You are now moving the goalposts somewhat, you are now saying it was “far from zero”, which is exactly what I said.

For the last 30 years, covid excepted, I’m in the US for 2+ months a year and met lots of prefixes and seen lots of racism. Far from zero is bang on the money. Has it got worse recently, yes it has, but that’s not what I was disagreeing with and not what I said.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I will let you have the last word on the disagreement.

My point was that racism was better immediately pre0bama and worse afterwards. Prefix use was less immediately pre0bama and more afterwards.

And, I average 24/7/340 in the USA for the last score and for the prior 2 score — 24/7/365. Wink

Even though I go and work on LOTS of European horses…you will never catch me telling me telling Europeans about their culture.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
I will let you have the last word on the disagreement.

My point was that racism was better immediately pre0bama and worse afterwards. Prefix use was less immediately pre0bama and more afterwards.

And, I average 24/7/340 in the USA for the last score and for the prior 2 score — 24/7/365. Wink

Even though I go and work on LOTS of European horses…you will never catch me telling me telling Europeans about their culture.

I don’t need the last word Lane, I’m not 12. I only posted to disagree with the words in your initial post, I don’t come here looking for an argument, I was just pointing out that your comments weren't entirely accurate.

Your opinion on what you may have seen whilst over here is just as valid as mine. Just because you don’t live here doesn’t mean it didn’t happen.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

100% correct. And anybody who claims racism was nearly a thing of the past is a bald faced liar, and full well knows it.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:

100% correct. And anybody who claims racism was nearly a thing of the past is a bald faced liar, and full well knows it.

Not. It is a fact. At the turn of the millennium…racism had waned and was on trajectory for extinction…until 0bama resurrected it.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
god, we need a war.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Obo's "go out and punish your enemies" talking to the Latino crowd, was a real kumbia moment.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm privileged. Like Jeffeoso, I'm a Texan!

In my experience having hired and worked with all manner of people of virtually every race and ethnicity, the "privileged" ones are the ones who work hard. And those that don't, not so much.

Posts: 10035 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
In my experience having hired and worked with all manner of people of virtually every race and ethnicity, the "privileged" ones are the ones who work hard. And those that don't, not so much.

Isn't that something!

The harder I worked the more privileged I got.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Not. It is a fact. At the turn of the millennium…racism had waned and was on trajectory for extinction…until 0bama resurrected it.

Of all the stupid things you've ever posted on here, this one takes the cake.

Explain to all of us how an old, country-living, upper middle-class white man is qualified to comment on the state of racism in the country? Start by telling us all the instances of racism that you have personally experienced in your lifetime.

Clueless. 2020

Administrator
posted Hide Post
No hatter how we look at it, racism is here to stay.

But, the really sad part is blacks are making a meal of it!

BLM?

Does that mean ONLY BLACK lives matter?

What about the rest of the colors??

BLM is the black version of the KKK!

My suggestion is get all members of both organizations and put the lot in a stadium and let them dick it out! rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Explain to all of us how an old, country-living, upper middle-class white man is qualified to comment on the state of racism in the country? Start by telling us all the instances of racism that you have personally experienced in your lifetime.

Clueless. 2020

Clueless? An old saying comes to mind: “buy you books, buy you books, and all you do is chew the cover off.” I have explained…many times…you are too blind (or “clueless”) to see it.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Clueless. 2020

Clueless? An old saying comes to mind: “buy you books, buy you books, and all you do is chew the cover off.” I have explained…many times…you are too blind (or “clueless”) to see it.

Again:

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Clueless. 2020

Again:

Again...I have many times. If your biological CPU (brain) is too small, weak, or over capacity to compute or store that data...your bad...not mine.

But "clueless" is a good layman's term for your affliction. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

one of us
posted Hide Post
I have seen and benefitted from racism. In 1970 I was hired for a job, in Huntsville, Alabama, largely because the foreman "didn't want another nigger". Kind of a slap in the face, really. I should have been hired because I could do the job better than anyone else (which I could). Injecting race into the mix was an insult to my own integrity and ability.
Interestingly, 30 years later, my skin color (along with age and gender) was to become a liability in many segments of the job market. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Again:

animal

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
I have seen and benefitted from racism. In 1970 I was hired for a job, in Huntsville, Alabama, largely because the foreman "didn't want another nigger". Kind of a slap in the face, really. I should have been hired because I could do the job better than anyone else (which I could). Injecting race into the mix was an insult to my own integrity and ability.
Interestingly, 30 years later, my skin color (along with age and gender) was to become a liability in many segments of the job market. Regards, Bill.

About that same time, I was working in a red-state West Virginia orchard with busloads of Mexicans.
Real buses, not minivans. No hablan ingles. My poor classroom espanol was poquito...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14386 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote