Find
Notify
Tools

Mind Blown Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted
https://www.sfgate.com/disneyl...neyland-18544557.php

I saw a picture today of IDF folks cutting machine guns and ammo out of a teddy bear. I've seen pictures of mortars hidden in classrooms, ammo and guns hidden in hospitals, tunnels underneath and throughout civilian infrastructure in Gaza.

It's been a short two decades since 9/11, burkas, and female genital mutilation and today Americans are mad at Disney for providing humanitarian aid to Israel.

Yeah, James Carville is right, Christian Nationalism is a bigger threat. barf

I can't move far enough away from the lower 48..

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Carville is washout but having him talking on Tv is a minus point for Democrats

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:

I saw a picture today of IDF folks cutting machine guns and ammo out of a teddy bear. I've seen pictures of mortars hidden in classrooms, ammo and guns hidden in hospitals, tunnels underneath and throughout civilian infrastructure in Gaza.

It's been a short two decades since 9/11, burkas, and female genital mutilation and today Americans are mad at Disney for providing humanitarian aid to Israel.

Or....global warming....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Let's talk about "mind blown" some more.

Just a few minutes ago my sister talked me into watching a video of a sermon from one of her favorite pastors. It was a good sermon as far as sermons go. It was entirely about the "rapture".

I promised in advance to not say disparaging things. But I couldn't help myself when she got into "knowing".

Of course, no one, past or present or future, will enter the Kingdom in the sky except real born-again Christians, according to her. She "knows" that and wants to "save" me.

She said the only thing keeping me from "converting" (she didn't use that word) was I wanted to be in control.

I responded that's correct. I want to be in control of the only thing that I tentatively can be, which is my mind and its relationship with reality.

"Converting", to me means going down the rabbit hole where belief IS knowing, with no boundaries, and no going back. If one "Knows" reality which is based on fantasy, where are the edges of distinction re reality?

The whole thing makes me feel sick.

So, there are millions of such true believers, and they want power, politically and otherwise. Power to do what? They can never have enough power because they will always have the persecution syndrome, and will always have enemies in "them/they", real or imagined.

Power to do what? For an answer, listen to Trump.

So, when you look at the full scope of it, and understand EXACTLY what they believe and want, and the righteous willpower to obtain power, per the full definition, and the extent of the means to an end, even hiring a monster like Trump, then the reality is clear, factually. This fantasy even extends into self-fulfilling prophesy, guided by and pushed by the very power they want in the world (worldly) as distinguished from yet guided by spiritually.

So, James Carville is right correct.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19784 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I would have to think that most Jewish Americans feel pretty betrayed by their political party. The majority vote for demoncrats. Sad times but the truth is coming out, isn't it?

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would have to think that

Why would you think that? Did you get it from Fox?

=================================================

Last month, President Joe Biden announced from the Oval Office that he would seek “an unprecedented support package for Israel's defense” of $14.3 billion. “We're surging additional military assistance,” he added.Nov 18, 2023

https://www.vox.com/world-poli...en-package-explained

What the US sending Israel weapons “at the speed of war” looks like.

Biden admin uses emergency authority to approve tank shells sale to Israel
BY JOE JACQUEZ - 12/09/23 7:58 PM ET

https://thehill.com/homenews/4...ael-bypass-congress/

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19784 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
[QUOTE]I would have to think that

=============

Nope. All of my Jewish friends are democrats.

The movement of this country's universities to propagate hate has been noticed by them.

They now live in fear.

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The movement of this country's universities to propagate hate has been noticed by them.

I didn't notice that. I thought they were propagating reason.

The protests are or may be a different thing. Maybe they are propagating something different than the universities and don't really represent the institutions. The (secular) university institutions don't teach or promote passions, last I checked.

Given all the other BS the right and their propaganda media dreams up and spouts, the likelihood that I'm correct is high, IMO.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Read this…maybe it will help you realize Ann’s observations.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I didn't notice that. I thought they were propagating reason.

3 Ivy league colleges say that "antisemitism depends on context" when Hamas and their supporters are calling for the extermination of Israel. I am certain that Sarge will be along shortly as a Hamas apologist

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Point well made!

I don’t fare well in cold wet weather for extended periods thus I will just stick with Texas.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Just a few minutes ago my sister talked me into watching a video of a sermon from one of her favorite pastors. It was a good sermon as far as sermons go. It was entirely about the "rapture".

I promised in advance to not say disparaging things. But I couldn't help myself when she got into "knowing".

Of course, no one, past or present or future, will enter the Kingdom in the sky except real born-again Christians, according to her. She "knows" that and wants to "save" me.

She said the only thing keeping me from "converting" (she didn't use that word) was I wanted to be in control.

I responded that's correct. I want to be in control of the only thing that I tentatively can be, which is my mind and its relationship with reality.

"Converting", to me means going down the rabbit hole where belief IS knowing, with no boundaries, and no going back. If one "Knows" reality which is based on fantasy, where are the edges of distinction re reality?

So, there are millions of such true believers, and they want power, politically and otherwise. Power to do what? They can never have enough power because they will always have the persecution syndrome, and will always have enemies in "them/they", real or imagined.

So, when you look at the full scope of it, and understand EXACTLY what they believe and want, and the righteous willpower to obtain power, per the full definition, and the extent of the means to an end, even hiring a monster like Trump, then the reality is clear, factually. This fantasy even extends into self-fulfilling prophesy, guided by and pushed by the very power they want in the world (worldly) as distinguished from yet guided by spiritually.

I wasn't there with you, so I didn't hear the conversation between you and your sister, but I'd bet the tone and words of the exchange were quite a bit different than a discussion between a member of Hamas and yourself.

You and I have lived with and around fervent Christianity our entire lives. Here in Dillingham I was actually booted from a Baptist Church because I didn't toe their line. Yes, from the pulpit I was asked to leave. So I do kinda know what you mean.

But the fellers I mention above do actually preach and force female mutilation, seek The Caliphate and "from the river to the sea". 9/11 wasn't Baptists, Bin Ladin, ISIS and The Iranians ain't Baptist, Catholic nor Jewish. The Evangelicals don't hide machine guns and ammo in teddy bears, they don't stack poles of mortar rounds in kindergarten classrooms.

My memory is as untrustworthy as it can be, but never before in my recollection have my fellow Americans rooted for the terrorists so much. Hanoi Jane being an exception. These are mind-blowing times where lesbian college students root for their sworn enemies and the good people of Minnesota and Michigan elect Islamic terrorists to Congress.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:

Read this…maybe it will help you realize Ann’s observations.

That indeed was a moving speech. There is a lot there that I'm not up to speed on. I'm assuming the speech was no BS, accurate/truthful.

BTW, please don't interpret my posts as support for Hamas or any terrorist or anyone who is complicit. Nor am I antisemitic in any way.

This is mind blowing stuff. One needs to be centered on morals, right and wrong.

From the comments section after the article:

"When future generations ask how the West survived, they will learn the story of a Jewish lesbian journalist who showed the way."

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I wasn't there with you, so I didn't hear the conversation between you and your sister, but I'd bet the tone and words of the exchange were quite a bit different than a discussion between a member of Hamas and yourself.

You and I have lived with and around fervent Christianity our entire lives. Here in Dillingham I was actually booted from a Baptist Church because I didn't toe their line. Yes, from the pulpit I was asked to leave. So I do kinda know what you mean.

But the fellers I mention above do actually preach and force female mutilation, seek The Caliphate and "from the river to the sea". 9/11 wasn't Baptists, Bin Ladin, ISIS and The Iranians ain't Baptist, Catholic nor Jewish. The Evangelicals don't hide machine guns and ammo in teddy bears, they don't stack poles of mortar rounds in kindergarten classrooms.

My memory is as untrustworthy as it can be, but never before in my recollection have my fellow Americans rooted for the terrorists so much. Hanoi Jane being an exception. These are mind-blowing times where lesbian college students root for their sworn enemies and the good people of Minnesota and Michigan elect Islamic terrorists to Congress.

It is very hard for me to rationalize myself......

I personally believe that the education system has completely let us down and these foolish youngsters have absolutely zero understanding of true history.......

Gays and women protesting for hamas???? Hamas would kill the gays and take away the rights of all the women......

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I'd bet the tone and words of the exchange were quite a bit different than a discussion between a member of Hamas and yourself.

Good response Scott. Thanks for not attacking me.

Yea, I remember Hanoi Jane, and still cringe at the thought and memory. I remember the carpet bombing too that Nixon thought was a good idea. I remember the My Lai massacre and Kent State massacrer too, although I was in Viet Nam at the time (on a destroyer). I still remember how Trump treated John McCain too; he called him loser and sucker for being captured.

So, a bunch of righteous group-think Baptists booted you and announced their conspiracy from the pulpit. I've heard of that before. That's also cringeworthy. I had the flip side experience, although I didn't announce it from the pulpit. (I should have) I booted a bunch of good Baptists and wife from my life too, except relatives. Smiler

If I had known that those protestors were actually "rooting" for terrorists, my opinion would flip. I didn't know that, and I'll just take your word for it being true. I don't care to research it because it's sickening and I'm sure some opinions vary. I don't want to dwell on it.

I also didn't know that M and M elected Islamic terrorists to congress. I just never thought of them that way. I think maybe that's an opinion instead of fact. I don't have enough info or knowledge to know that for sure, but like you, I can't imagine "terrorists" or those complicit with terrorism being elected, except perhaps certain members of congress who were/are complicit, or explicit with the insurrection attempt, and the means. Roll Eyes

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/sAVyzr_pSbc?si=V3GXjwoDyA0eKrNe

UPenn president resigns following House testimony on antisemitism

https://youtu.be/vJ6WSTNbrRY?si=w4v-Cblv8tyowx2A

U.N. warns of humanitarian collapse in Gaza

XXX

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I don’t fare well in cold wet weather for extended periods thus I will just stick with Texas.

I am from Houston, we are made of stern stuff -- but living in south canada for the past 6 years hardened me to what the prairie has to offer -- there's nothing but 3 hills and 2 trees between dallas and the north pole

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I'd bet the tone and words of the exchange were quite a bit different than a discussion between a member of Hamas and yourself.

Good response Scott. Thanks for not attacking me.

Yea, I remember Hanoi Jane, and still cringe at the thought and memory. I remember the carpet bombing too that Nixon thought was a good idea. I remember the My Lai massacre and Kent State massacrer too, although I was in Viet Nam at the time (on a destroyer). I still remember how Trump treated John McCain too; he called him loser and sucker for being captured.

So, a bunch of righteous group-think Baptists booted you and announced their conspiracy from the pulpit. I've heard of that before. That's also cringeworthy. I had the flip side experience, although I didn't announce it from the pulpit. (I should have) I booted a bunch of good Baptists and wife from my life too, except relatives. Smiler

If I had known that those protestors were actually "rooting" for terrorists, my opinion would flip. I didn't know that, and I'll just take your word for it being true. I don't care to research it because it's sickening and I'm sure some opinions vary. I don't want to dwell on it.

I also didn't know that M and M elected Islamic terrorists to congress. I just never thought of them that way. I think maybe that's an opinion instead of fact. I don't have enough info or knowledge to know that for sure, but like you, I can't imagine "terrorists" or those complicit with terrorism being elected, except perhaps certain members of congress who were/are complicit, or explicit with the insurrection attempt, and the means. Roll Eyes

I certainly won't/ wouldn't attack you and there's not a single person here that thinks you're on the side of terrorism.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

I am from Houston, we are made of stern stuff -- but living in south canada for the past 6 years hardened me to what the prairie has to offer -- there's nothing but 3 hills and 2 trees between dallas and the north pole

Big Grin

Better than Amarillo where the only things between there and the North Pole are T-posts.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Big Grin

Better than Amarillo where the only between and the North Pole are T-posts.

The both of you are terrible. I've been in eastern Montana ,North Dakota and Saskatchewan quite a bit and I can honestly attest to there being quite a bit of cattails around every prairie pothole. Big Grin

Darn it I'd like to retire there and intensively manage a duck pond w/ adjoining upland habitat buti guess my daughter will dictate my retirement locale.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Big Grin

Better than Amarillo where the only things between there and the North Pole are T-posts.

rotflmo

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So you guys are saying that all the hot air out of Texas has blown all the trees down until it finally cools off in the taiga areas of northern Canada?

fishing

Posts: 10663 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote