Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Shutdown Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
No pay for the troops but moving forward with bullshit impeachment and Hunter Biden investigation.

Idiotic.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15121 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
It's a sad state of affairs when a handful of lunatic right-wing traitors can damage what was once a great nation.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16415 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
Why is it idiotic?
We have a POTUS that the majority of the country now feel that the impeachment inquiry has merit (particularly with new whistleblowers and documentary evidence being brought forth confirming Joe’s culpability). Biden and his minions are intentionally stuffing partisan spending into any proposed stopgap “fix” to deflect the fact he’s now caught.

It’s like listening to Big Ben. It strikes 12 times at 12 o’clock every dang day. Last hour it struck 11 times. It’s now ringing at noon and it goes
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
and betting your life saving that THIS TIME it’s not going to strike 12 times.

Democrats need to do two things… First is say goodbye to Joe like the Republicans did to Nixon. And secondly propose a non-obstructionist spending bill with zero earmarks.

quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
No pay for the troops but moving forward with bullshit impeachment and Hunter Biden investigation.

Idiotic.

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7545 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I agree - this is stupid and reckless - and has been EVERY time it's happened.

nd it's still Congress' fault for the root cause, that there isn't an approved budget ready to kick in on Oct 1 -

dysfunctional government doesn't begin to cover it

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Except for the fact that even the GOP's star witnesses keep saying no evidence of Joe's involvement in Hunter's alleged crimes exist.

Even Fox is struggling to support this charade:

https://news.yahoo.com/fox-new...ranks-064809773.html

Of course the GOP could stick with the spending deal they worked out earlier in the year....except for the MAGA obstructionists.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
What goes around comes around

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Why is it idiotic?
We have a POTUS that the majority of the country now feel that the impeachment inquiry has merit (particularly with new whistleblowers and documentary evidence being brought forth confirming Joe’s culpability). Biden and his minions are intentionally stuffing partisan spending into any proposed stopgap “fix” to deflect the fact he’s now caught.

It’s like listening to Big Ben. It strikes 12 times at 12 o’clock every dang day. Last hour it struck 11 times. It’s now ringing at noon and it goes
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong

Democrats need to do two things… First is say goodbye to Joe like the Republicans did to Nixon. And secondly propose a non-obstructionist spending bill with zero earmarks.

quote:

Idiotic.

I've asked you this exact question before and got nothing but I guess we can try again since you continue to assert this bullshit.

What documentary evidence establishing culpability for what? Not your FOX News fantasies. Evidence.

Show it to us.

coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:

Riiiight! How wonderful to watch the countries credit rating destroyed by a few lunatics, bet hey, those are your lunatics so everything is just fine.

Every single shutdown since 1995 was the result of obstructionist Republicans attempts to sabotage a Democratic POTUS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...in_the_United_States

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Why is it idiotic?

Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong

quote:

Idiotic.

I've asked you this exact question before and got nothing but I guess we can try again since you continue to assert this bullshit.

What documentary evidence establishing culpability for what? Not your FOX News fantasies. Evidence.

Show it to us.

coffee

What would your position be if Don Jr. Received 250k wires from China, with the account address of the wire being Miralargo ?

Or Trump family received 20 million and had over 20 shell companies. The Biden family has never produced anything, built nothing and had 20 shell companies? This isn’t even worth looking into?

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:
quote:
Why is it idiotic?

Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong

quote:

Idiotic.

Show it to us.

coffee

What would your position be if Don Jr. Received 250k wires from China, with the account address of the wire being Miralargo ?

Or Trump family received 20 million and had over 20 shell companies. The Biden family has never produced anything, built nothing and had 20 shell companies? This isn’t even worth looking into?

The GOP has been claiming that they have definitive proof of corruption for the last five years....and still nothing. I have no problem with them looking into it, the fact remains though that they just keep coming up short.

Should we look into the 2 Billion that Jared picked up from the Saudis as well?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Why is it idiotic?

Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong

quote:

Idiotic.

Perhaps you can answer what no Republican in the House can: What is the high crime or misdemeanor President Biden is accused of committing?

When even Jonathan Turley admits under Oath that there's no evidence of a crime ya'll should just admit there ain't no coon up that tree you keep gnawing at.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why is it idiotic?

Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong

quote:

Idiotic.

Show it to us.

coffee

The GOP has been claiming that they have definitive proof of corruption for the last five years....and still nothing. I have no problem with them looking into it, the fact remains though that they just keep coming up short.

Yes. See how easy that is? I don’t protect anyone based on their political leanings

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why is it idiotic?

Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong

quote:

Idiotic.

Show it to us.

coffee

Yes. See how easy that is? I don’t protect anyone based on their political leanings

an unbiased viewpoint is a good thing.

Any comments on the lack of evidence that the GOP has been able to produce in the last 5 years?

I personally think this is just an exercise in trying to damage Biden before the 2024 campaign, BUT if the GOP can produce evidence of corruption then Biden should be held accountable.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why is it idiotic?

Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong

quote:

Idiotic.

Show it to us.

coffee

Any comments on the lack of evidence that the GOP has been able to produce in the last 5 years?

I personally think this is just an exercise in trying to damage Biden before the 2024 campaign, BUT if the GOP can produce evidence of corruption then Biden should be held accountable.

There may be no direct evidence connecting JB to the transfers or shell companies, but it should be intuitively obvious that he’s profiting from Hunters dealings.

Our legal system doesn’t work on assumption and shoulda been. My guess is he’ll walk away unscathed.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the fabricated text message Donalds tried to slip through (and got busted by AOC) was a particularly nice touch.

You know who doesn't have to manufacture evidence?

People who have actual evidence.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why is it idiotic?

Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong

quote:

Idiotic.

Show it to us.

coffee

There may be no direct evidence connecting JB to the transfers or shell companies, but it should be intuitively obvious that he’s profiting from Hunters dealings.

Our legal system doesn’t work on assumption and shoulda been. My guess is he’ll walk away unscathed.

I would disagree and say what sets us apart from the banana republics is that our justice system is evidence based and that currently no evidence has been discovered linking JB to profiting from Hunter's actions. Prove that assertation and I would support Biden being removed and criminally prosecuted, the thing is, the GOP just has not been able to provide the evidence.

We do not convict people in America on intuition.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why is it idiotic?

Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong

quote:

Idiotic.

Show it to us.

coffee

I would disagree and say what sets us apart from the banana republics is that our justice system is evidence based and that currently no evidence has been discovered linking JB to profiting from Hunter's actions. Prove that assertation and I would support Biden being removed and criminally prosecuted, the thing is, the GOP just has not been able to provide the evidence.

Agree, I just said the same thing in a different way.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why is it idiotic?

Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong

quote:

Idiotic.

Show it to us.

coffee

Agree, I just said the same thing in a different way.

This is in no sense a serious attempt at impeachment, it's Swiftboating, it's Benghazi, it's the Birth Certificate, it's Her Emails.

Make baseless claims of something loud enough and long enough and the stupid will assume there's some truth behind it.

Republicans are perfectly willing to manufacture the lies, like Swiftboating or Obama's birth certificate, or they are willing to have the lies handed to them by Russian intelligence, like the entire Burisma saga.

Sometimes they get a two-fer and Russian intelligence has an asset near the top of the FBI's New York office who can force a nothing investigation into the press just before an election.

It's all grist for the Republican bullshit mill.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
You guys should all go back and watch Glenn Beck's reporting on this.
Burisma, Hunter laptop, Russiagate - all of it.
It's all pretty clear and he names names.

There's a reason he hasn't been hauled in on a defamation suit by any of them.

Back to the budget shutdown, IMO, if there is a single dollar more going to Ukraine and noting at all in there for increasing our own border protection, it's a non starter.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:

Back to the budget shutdown, IMO, if there is a single dollar more going to Ukraine and noting at all in there for increasing our own border protection, it's a non starter.

If you consider Glenn Beck a journalist or believe anything he says you should seek professional help.

He's a journalist like Trump is a businessman: an outright fraud.

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
It’s in Biden’s corner
Why doesn’t he agree to the budget?
In the end, he is just as guilty as republicans then right?
Like Judge G said, pass budget, don’t add shit to it and Voila…

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He is 1/3 of the gov't, so is congress. He is not a GOP lapdog who is required to go along with that he is in disagreement with. A deal was reached some time ago, you have republican idiots throwing the sand in the vaseline, not Biden.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

We should be increasing funding for Ukraine and our border, both need some serious help.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Here's an excerpt from an article in Forbes explaining how the Bidens made their money. Read it and weep. Not one word about bribes, extortion, bank robbery, etc.

How The Bidens Earned $16.7 Million After Leaving The White House
Michela Tindera
Former Staff
Oct 22, 2020,07:00am EDT

The couple’s haul skyrocketed after Joe Biden’s term as vice president ended.
Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, earned $22.5 million from 1998 to 2019, a tidy sum that at first glance works out to just over $1 million per year. Except that that’s not quite how it happened. The Bidens have earned three quarters of that money since Joe left his post as vice president in 2017, according to an analysis of their tax returns.

In the decade before Biden entered the West Wing, he and his wife Jill mostly earned income from three sources. First, Biden brought in about $155,000 a year as a U.S. senator. Second, he had a teaching gig at Widener University on the side, which generated roughly $20,000 annually. Third, Jill earned about $60,000 a year from the State of Delaware. She worked as an English professor at Delaware Technical Community College.

Add it all up, and the couple made about $230,000 in a typical year. In 2005, they got a boost from the literary agency Sterling Lord Literistic, which paid them $81,250. In 2007, they declared $71,000 in royalties, and the next year, another $9,560 in audiobook rights.

The Bidens' Total Earnings: 1998–2019
After leaving the Obama Administration, former vice president Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, made more money in 2017 than in the previous 19 years combined.

When Biden became vice president, he got a pay raise. He made about $225,000 a year during his eight years in the White House. Jill got a new job closer to D.C., teaching at Northern Virginia Community College, which paid her an average of $83,000 a year.

In 2009, the Bidens also began collecting real money from Social Security, as well as pensions and annuities, according to their tax filings. The couple earned about $385,000 in Social Security benefits between 2009 and 2019. They also collected about $890,000 from pensions and annuities over the same time frame. Biden, who was 66 when he became vice president, had only collected about $6,500 from Social Security before 2009.

Other sources of income include a cottage in Wilmington, Delaware, which the Secret Service reportedly rented. Between 2010 and 2016, the Bidens took in about $17,000 of net earnings per year from the property. In 2012, Jill published a children’s book called Don’t Forget, God Bless Our Troops. The following year, she reported $24,400 of author earnings.

When Biden left the West Wing, the big money started coming. In 2017, the Bidens declared $11.1 million in total earnings, nearly twice as much in a single year as they had made in the previous 18 years combined. About $10 million of that flowed through two S-corporations called CelticCapri and Giacoppa. The Biden campaign explained in a press release last year that the money in those entities came from speaking engagements and book payments connected to Joe’s memoir, Promise Me, Dad, and Jill’s memoir, Where the Light Enters. Publishers Weekly reported in 2017 that the couple’s book deal with Flatiron Books was valued at $8 million. In February 2017, Joe Biden was also named the Benjamin Franklin Presidential Practice Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, a post that earned him a $372,000 salary that year.

The next year, Biden stayed on at Penn, earning $405,000. He and Jill also earned $3.7 million from their books and speaking gigs. Depending on where he was speaking, Joe Biden’s payout varied dramatically. He earned $8,000 for a stop in Ann Arbor, Michigan, for instance, but he received $190,000 for a speech in Madison, New Jersey, paid for by Drew University, according to his financial disclosure form. The Bidens’ earnings, which also included payments from pensions and Social Security, totaled $4.6 million in 2018.

In 2019, the year that Biden launched his bid for the presidency, he and Jill earned about $1 million. Biden took an unpaid leave of absence from UPenn when he started his campaign in April 2019, so his salary from the university dropped to $135,000. Another half a million dollars came from writing and speaking. Biden delivered his final paid speech in Fort Lauderdale on January 28, three months before launching his campaign. By the end of 2019, Biden was a Democratic front-runner and a fairly wealthy man, having earned $16.7 million in three years and built up a net worth of roughly $9 million.

The Bidens invested some of that money into real estate, buying a $2.7 million second home by the water in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, in June 2017. But they didn’t hoard everything for themselves. After having given about $70,000 from 1998 to 2016 to charity, they donated more than $1 million in 2017, supporting organizations such as the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington and the United Jewish Federation of Chicago. In 2018, they gave another $275,800, and in 2019, they doled out $14,700, according to the tax filings.<<<<<

https://www.forbes.com/sites/m...use/?sh=63156cc51e42

Seems pretty straight-forward.

Now, again.....if you've got something beyond "Well, this ought to be looked into", post it up. The entire thing is a bullshit republican scam designed to do two things:

1. Discredit President Biden with lies, innuendo and BS; and

2. Deflect attention from trump's upcoming civil and criminal trials.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
Why is it idiotic?

Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong
Bong

quote:

Idiotic.

Show it to us.

coffee

You going to show us your evidence that President Biden has done something wrong or are you going to ask rhetorical questions to avoid doing so?

BTW, The Trump Organization operates over 500 companies. You think any of those are shells? Like the ones he used to fund his campaign?

https://campaignlegal.org/upda...-reporting-based-clc

I missed your posts about investigating trump for having these mysterious corporations donating money for his campaign coffers in 2020 and I'm sure he's doing the same thing today. If anything merits "looking into" this sure does.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's an excerpt from an article in Forbes explaining how the Bidens made their money. Read it and weep. Not one word about bribes, extortion, bank robbery, etc.

Michela Tindera
Former Staff

Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, earned $22.5 million from 1998 to 2019, a tidy sum that at first glance works out to just over $1 million per year. Except that that’s not quite how it happened. The Bidens have earned three quarters of that money since Joe left his post as vice president in 2017, according to an analysis of their tax returns.

In the decade before Biden entered the West Wing, he and his wife Jill mostly earned income from three sources. First, Biden brought in about $155,000 a year as a U.S. senator. Second, he had a teaching gig at Widener University on the side, which generated roughly $20,000 annually. Third, Jill earned about $60,000 a year from the State of Delaware. She worked as an English professor at Delaware Technical Community College.

Add it all up, and the couple made about $230,000 in a typical year. In 2005, they got a boost from the literary agency Sterling Lord Literistic, which paid them $81,250. In 2007, they declared $71,000 in royalties, and the next year, another $9,560 in audiobook rights.

After leaving the Obama Administration, former vice president Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, made more money in 2017 than in the previous 19 years combined.

When Biden became vice president, he got a pay raise. He made about $225,000 a year during his eight years in the White House. Jill got a new job closer to D.C., teaching at Northern Virginia Community College, which paid her an average of $83,000 a year.

In 2009, the Bidens also began collecting real money from Social Security, as well as pensions and annuities, according to their tax filings. The couple earned about $385,000 in Social Security benefits between 2009 and 2019. They also collected about $890,000 from pensions and annuities over the same time frame. Biden, who was 66 when he became vice president, had only collected about $6,500 from Social Security before 2009.

Other sources of income include a cottage in Wilmington, Delaware, which the Secret Service reportedly rented. Between 2010 and 2016, the Bidens took in about $17,000 of net earnings per year from the property. In 2012, Jill published a children’s book called Don’t Forget, God Bless Our Troops. The following year, she reported $24,400 of author earnings.

When Biden left the West Wing, the big money started coming. In 2017, the Bidens declared $11.1 million in total earnings, nearly twice as much in a single year as they had made in the previous 18 years combined. About $10 million of that flowed through two S-corporations called CelticCapri and Giacoppa. The Biden campaign explained in a press release last year that the money in those entities came from speaking engagements and book payments connected to Joe’s memoir, Promise Me, Dad, and Jill’s memoir, Where the Light Enters. Publishers Weekly reported in 2017 that the couple’s book deal with Flatiron Books was valued at $8 million. In February 2017, Joe Biden was also named the Benjamin Franklin Presidential Practice Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, a post that earned him a $372,000 salary that year.

The next year, Biden stayed on at Penn, earning $405,000. He and Jill also earned $3.7 million from their books and speaking gigs. Depending on where he was speaking, Joe Biden’s payout varied dramatically. He earned $8,000 for a stop in Ann Arbor, Michigan, for instance, but he received $190,000 for a speech in Madison, New Jersey, paid for by Drew University, according to his financial disclosure form. The Bidens’ earnings, which also included payments from pensions and Social Security, totaled $4.6 million in 2018.

In 2019, the year that Biden launched his bid for the presidency, he and Jill earned about $1 million. Biden took an unpaid leave of absence from UPenn when he started his campaign in April 2019, so his salary from the university dropped to $135,000. Another half a million dollars came from writing and speaking. Biden delivered his final paid speech in Fort Lauderdale on January 28, three months before launching his campaign. By the end of 2019, Biden was a Democratic front-runner and a fairly wealthy man, having earned $16.7 million in three years and built up a net worth of roughly $9 million.

The Bidens invested some of that money into real estate, buying a $2.7 million second home by the water in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, in June 2017. But they didn’t hoard everything for themselves. After having given about $70,000 from 1998 to 2016 to charity, they donated more than $1 million in 2017, supporting organizations such as the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington and the United Jewish Federation of Chicago. In 2018, they gave another $275,800, and in 2019, they doled out $14,700, according to the tax filings.<<<<<

Now, again.....if you've got something beyond "Well, this ought to be looked into", post it up. The entire thing is a bullshit republican scam designed to do two things:

You and your "facts".

Well, the Republicans have "alternative facts" that Joe is completely senile AND running an international crime ring while Presidenting, and suspiciously won't tell us where he was on November 22, 1963.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

Michela Tindera
Former Staff

You and your "facts".

Well, the Republicans have "alternative facts" that Joe is completely senile AND running an international crime ring while Presidenting, and suspiciously won't tell us where he was on November 22, 1963.

I've heard he was with Bill and Hillary at the Comet Pizza Ping Pong Parlor in DC.....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Michela Tindera
Former Staff

You and your "facts".

I've heard he was with Bill and Hillary at the Comet Pizza Ping Pong Parlor in DC.....

In the basement, up to "something"...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Michela Tindera
Former Staff

You and your "facts".

In the basement, up to "something"...

Which merits "looking into"....

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by tomahawker:

Riiiight! How wonderful to watch the countries credit rating destroyed by a few lunatics, bet hey, those are your lunatics so everything is just fine.

Every single shutdown since 1995 was the result of obstructionist Republicans attempts to sabotage a Democratic POTUS.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...in_the_United_States

Steve,
Looks, I know you can read better than this
SIX of all TEN shutdowns occurred with a DOP POTUS -- that's it, there's only been 10

and TWO of the FIVE "since 1995" occurred under Trump ---

i guess what you meant to say is that 100% of the government shutdowns that happened under a Dem POTUS was because of a GOP congress.. except 1, all occurred under a Dem POTUS

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._government_shutdown

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffe,
GOP house on every single shut down since 1995. GOP senate on all but one shut down since '95, that was under Obama. My mistake on the Trump shut downs, still a GOP house and Senate then though.

Paint it how you like, the public can see the disfunction on full display on the Grand Old Party. This one, like the others in recent history, are due to that disfunction. McConnell commented last week that shut downs never work out well for Republicans, that is because voters can see who keeps dropping the ball. The Democrats are full of problems, they are able to keep it together enough to at least fund the Government though.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Steve,
the "universe" of shutdowns has TEN instances, 1/2 under a dem house, 1/2 under a gop house -

firstly, that there's TEN is ten too many
Secondly, HALF were caused by either side

"since 1995" is happenstance

It's freaking STUPID to have a shutdown -

It's even dumber to have no budget approved and ready to go

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think the history since 1995 is more than happenstance, just like Fitch reducing our credit rating after the budget battle this spring was not happenstance.

This is a pattern Jeffe, being made worse by a small minority from "the Freedom Caucus", not a coincidence, not happenstance but a pattern that indicates the direction the GOP is going.

I agree with your other points in your post.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If you consider Glenn Beck a journalist or believe anything he says you should seek professional help.

Keep those blinders and feed bag securely fastened.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:

Michela Tindera
Former Staff

That's very impressive, the earnings. Really.

So, with those totals, why was Hunter constantly complaining that he had to pay ALL of 'Pop's' bills and home repairs for years?

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:

Michela Tindera
Former Staff

So, with those totals, why was Hunter constantly complaining that he had to pay ALL of 'Pop's' bills and home repairs for years?

Why, exactly, would that be any of your business, or anyone else's outside that family?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
here's an article about the shutdown:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...3d7479&ei=47#image=1

How Polarization Sent Washington Hurtling Into a Shutdown
Story by Aaron Zitner, Lindsay Wise •
4h

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Except why would anyone pay someone speak who can’t speak and has nothing of value to say?

Why? “Speaking” is a commodity sold that’s value can come from other means than the spoken words delivered. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:

Michela Tindera
Former Staff

Because he wasn't?

Perfect example of Republican mindset. Couple of lines in an e-mail turns into "Hunter constantly complaining"....

Do you really think Hunter Biden paid all of Joe Biden's bills for 10 years?

That is ridiculous. I doubt he can pay his own bills. For god's sake, according to everyone, he is a crack-smoking waste-oid but now he's the patriarch of the family who pays all the bills? Roll Eyes

If you've got something that refutes the Forbes article, post it up. If you've got something showing Hunter Biden paid all of the Biden's family bills , post it up. coffee

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Keep those blinders and feed bag securely fastened.

Calling Glen Beck or Alex Jones Journalists is an insult to the real deal. They don't present "news" or rational opinion. They spew lies, BS and hate and divisiveness. They are definitely part of the problem as well as anyone who gives them credibility.

Looks to me like funding for the border was in the Repug bill that got shot down, by Repugs. So, what does that say about Huvius' comment about border protection? https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...e76d12&ei=77#image=1

If there was ever any doubt that the element of the GOP causing all the problems is indeed all about tearing it all down, such doubt is not reality.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote