Tools

Shutdown Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Here's an excerpt from an article in Forbes explaining how the Bidens made their money. Read it and weep. Not one word about bribes, extortion, bank robbery, etc.

How The Bidens Earned $16.7 Million After Leaving The White House
Michela Tindera
Former Staff
Oct 22, 2020,07:00am EDT

The couple’s haul skyrocketed after Joe Biden’s term as vice president ended.
Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, earned $22.5 million from 1998 to 2019, a tidy sum that at first glance works out to just over $1 million per year. Except that that’s not quite how it happened. The Bidens have earned three quarters of that money since Joe left his post as vice president in 2017, according to an analysis of their tax returns.

In the decade before Biden entered the West Wing, he and his wife Jill mostly earned income from three sources. First, Biden brought in about $155,000 a year as a U.S. senator. Second, he had a teaching gig at Widener University on the side, which generated roughly $20,000 annually. Third, Jill earned about $60,000 a year from the State of Delaware. She worked as an English professor at Delaware Technical Community College.

Add it all up, and the couple made about $230,000 in a typical year. In 2005, they got a boost from the literary agency Sterling Lord Literistic, which paid them $81,250. In 2007, they declared $71,000 in royalties, and the next year, another $9,560 in audiobook rights.

The Bidens' Total Earnings: 1998–2019
After leaving the Obama Administration, former vice president Joe Biden and his wife, Jill, made more money in 2017 than in the previous 19 years combined.

When Biden became vice president, he got a pay raise. He made about $225,000 a year during his eight years in the White House. Jill got a new job closer to D.C., teaching at Northern Virginia Community College, which paid her an average of $83,000 a year.

In 2009, the Bidens also began collecting real money from Social Security, as well as pensions and annuities, according to their tax filings. The couple earned about $385,000 in Social Security benefits between 2009 and 2019. They also collected about $890,000 from pensions and annuities over the same time frame. Biden, who was 66 when he became vice president, had only collected about $6,500 from Social Security before 2009.

Other sources of income include a cottage in Wilmington, Delaware, which the Secret Service reportedly rented. Between 2010 and 2016, the Bidens took in about $17,000 of net earnings per year from the property. In 2012, Jill published a children’s book called Don’t Forget, God Bless Our Troops. The following year, she reported $24,400 of author earnings.

When Biden left the West Wing, the big money started coming. In 2017, the Bidens declared $11.1 million in total earnings, nearly twice as much in a single year as they had made in the previous 18 years combined. About $10 million of that flowed through two S-corporations called CelticCapri and Giacoppa. The Biden campaign explained in a press release last year that the money in those entities came from speaking engagements and book payments connected to Joe’s memoir, Promise Me, Dad, and Jill’s memoir, Where the Light Enters. Publishers Weekly reported in 2017 that the couple’s book deal with Flatiron Books was valued at $8 million. In February 2017, Joe Biden was also named the Benjamin Franklin Presidential Practice Professor at the University of Pennsylvania, a post that earned him a $372,000 salary that year.

The next year, Biden stayed on at Penn, earning $405,000. He and Jill also earned $3.7 million from their books and speaking gigs. Depending on where he was speaking, Joe Biden’s payout varied dramatically. He earned $8,000 for a stop in Ann Arbor, Michigan, for instance, but he received $190,000 for a speech in Madison, New Jersey, paid for by Drew University, according to his financial disclosure form. The Bidens’ earnings, which also included payments from pensions and Social Security, totaled $4.6 million in 2018.

In 2019, the year that Biden launched his bid for the presidency, he and Jill earned about $1 million. Biden took an unpaid leave of absence from UPenn when he started his campaign in April 2019, so his salary from the university dropped to $135,000. Another half a million dollars came from writing and speaking. Biden delivered his final paid speech in Fort Lauderdale on January 28, three months before launching his campaign. By the end of 2019, Biden was a Democratic front-runner and a fairly wealthy man, having earned $16.7 million in three years and built up a net worth of roughly $9 million.

The Bidens invested some of that money into real estate, buying a $2.7 million second home by the water in Rehoboth Beach, Delaware, in June 2017. But they didn’t hoard everything for themselves. After having given about $70,000 from 1998 to 2016 to charity, they donated more than $1 million in 2017, supporting organizations such as the Catholic Diocese of Wilmington and the United Jewish Federation of Chicago. In 2018, they gave another $275,800, and in 2019, they doled out $14,700, according to the tax filings.<<<<<

https://www.forbes.com/sites/m...use/?sh=63156cc51e42

Seems pretty straight-forward.

Now, again.....if you've got something beyond "Well, this ought to be looked into", post it up. The entire thing is a bullshit republican scam designed to do two things:

1. Discredit President Biden with lies, innuendo and BS; and

2. Deflect attention from trump's upcoming civil and criminal trials.

That's very impressive, the earnings. Really.

So, with those totals, why was Hunter constantly complaining that he had to pay ALL of 'Pop's' bills and home repairs for years?

Was the $260K wire transfer included in either Joe's or Hunter's tax returns? At least Hunter's returns that were spilled by the FBI?

Seems like it would be extremely foolish to leave such an obvious track and not be able to explain it.

Then again when the trump administration had access to all of this why didn't they follow the money then? Or maybe they didn't have sufficient reason to look at the time.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Was the $260K wire transfer included in either Joe's or Hunter's tax returns? At least Hunter's returns that were spilled by the FBI?

Seems like it would be extremely foolish to leave such an obvious track and not be able to explain it.

Then again when the trump administration had access to all of this why didn't they follow the money then? Or maybe they didn't have sufficient reason to look at the time.

I have heard multiple times there were banking issues concerning the 0bidens (SAR/STR). That right there is a very good reason to investigate.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have heard multiple times there were banking issues concerning the 0bidens (SAR/STR). That right there is a very good reason to investigate.

You need to stop listening to the voices in your head.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Might be if the folks you heard it from had any credibility or facts or evidence.

Otherwise, it's not a good reason.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
House passes short term funding package.

I have never seen so many so proud to accomplish so little. Yes, better than a shutdown.

Shaking my head

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A little about SARs.

https://www.fool.com/the-ascen...nforming%20customers.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
all but 1 dem voted for it, 90 GOP voted against it -

45 days -

So, McCarthy brings a bipartisan deal, gets the votes, and will likely be skuttled by the lunatics on the right -- I wouldn't be surprised the, in a new vote, the dems vote for him, just to force him on the lunatic right

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
all but 1 dem voted for it, 90 GOP voted against it -

45 days -

So, McCarthy brings a bipartisan deal, gets the votes, and will likely be skuttled by the lunatics on the right -- I wouldn't be surprised the, in a new vote, the dems vote for him, just to force him on the lunatic right

I'm a vicious bastard, I might let the Motion to Vacate pass. There's nobody behind McCarthy with a prayer of taking the Speakership, let them roll around in frustration for a few days then recruit just enough disgusted "moderates" to hand the gavel to Hakeem Jeffries.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill/Oregon:
It's a sad state of affairs when a handful of lunatic right-wing traitors can damage what was once a great nation.

The real sad state is they keep spending money they don't have and can't quit.

Grizz

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1596 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso-

I'm surprised that you post that! Eeker

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

why, have you been assuming you know me?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
quote:

why, have you been assuming you know me?

lol

I hope that I never presume so much of anyone herein. If you "know me", you should know that much at least.

I'm just surprised to learn something about you that I didn't expect - in a good way.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Well, Gaetz says he'll call this to vote "next week" - this could really splash back on the lunatics - oh, the lunatics won't let hakeem become speaker - but the moderate left might re-elect McCarthy

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Well, Gaetz says he'll call this to vote "next week" - this could really splash back on the lunatics - oh, the lunatics won't let hakeem become speaker - but the moderate left might re-elect McCarthy

The lunatics won't matter if there are a dozen sane Republicans left who are tired of the lunatics' nonsense. They can get a deal with Jeffries and, unlike McCarthy, I expect he'll keep his word.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

The lunatics won't matter if there are a dozen sane Republicans left who are tired of the lunatics' nonsense. They can get a deal with Jeffries and, unlike McCarthy, I expect he'll keep his word.

Can't envision any scenario where a republican-controlled House elects a Dem as the Speaker.

Never happen.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Can't envision any scenario where a republican-controlled House elects a Dem as the Speaker.

Never happen.

We'll see what a couple of weeks of a leaderless House brings.

They are a small minority but some few Republicans ran for office to get things done.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Be real.

Even the folks you despise got elected to get things done.

It’s just that most don’t agree with them and their methods.

Some of their “demands” are actually reasonable - like addressing the border problem. It’s just their solution (a wall) and their implementation is irresponsible- like shutting down the country until they get an answer they want.

Somehow, they don’t see their acts as being a hinderance to their goal.

quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Never happen.

We'll see what a couple of weeks of a leaderless House brings.

They are a small minority but some few Republicans ran for office to get things done.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote