Find
Notify
Tools

The projection of global might! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted
https://www.yahoo.com/news/nor...ments-032931014.html

Man, nothing says Superpower! better . Man, nothing says Superpower! worse than getting your bullets from Kim Dang Foo! rotflmo rotflmo rotflmo

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Putin has 6,000 nuclear warheads.

Remember?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...s%20in%20the%20world.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:

Remember?

I haven't forgotten and you may remember the two of us had serious conversations about this stockpile months ago.

Here again Vlads reputation seems to be outside the facts. Vlad is reputed to be powerful, menacing and a global threat, yet he's running into bullet supply problems with DPRK. rotflmo

I'm a bit skeptical that Vlad holds any sway over the GOP and the above is a good reason why. What is there really for any side to look to to Vlad? America can simply murder its enemies like Bin Laden, Vlad cannot. America can sail a Navy and conquer another sovereign nation, Vlad cannot. Do Vlads missiles actually fly and arrive on time and on target? I know mine do. My Ford pickups come from the factory with extended warrantys, Vlad can't build a car. The list goes on, I know I don't need to.

Russia has an economy the size of Texas right? I believe I have very correctly said from the early stages of the Ukraine war our diplomats should be bending Russian diplomats ears with a steady stream of offers to assist in securing and safekeeping Russias nuke arsenal. If that arsenal is neutralized, that's it, the end. The Great Bear Boogie man we can guess will always live in in the minds of the quavering sissy boys, but it's been demonstrated over and over Vlad ain't capable of anything else.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:

Remember?

I haven't forgotten and you may remember the two of us had serious conversations about this stockpile months ago.

Here again Vlads reputation seems to be outside the facts. Vlad is reputed to be powerful, menacing and a global threat, yet he's running into bullet supply problems with DPRK. rotflmo

I'm a bit skeptical that Vlad holds any sway over the GOP and the above is a good reason why. What is there really for any side to look to to Vlad? America can simply murder its enemies like Bin Laden, Vlad cannot. America can sail a Navy and conquer another sovereign nation, Vlad cannot. Do Vlads missiles actually fly and arrive on time and on target? I know mine do. My Ford pickups come from the factory with extended warrantys, Vlad can't build a car. The list goes on, I know I don't need to.

Russia has an economy the size of Texas right? I believe I have very correctly said from the early stages of the Ukraine war our diplomats should be bending Russian diplomats ears with a steady stream of offers to assist in securing and safekeeping Russias nuke arsenal. If that arsenal is neutralized, that's it, the end. The Great Bear Boogie man we can guess will always live in in the minds of the quavering sissy boys, but it's been demonstrated over and over Vlad ain't capable of anything else.

He has great sway over Republicans because they are phony hypocrites and he has the proof.

Personally I doubt his strategic weapons are any more reliable than his tactical forces turned out to be, the Strategic Rocket Forces have always been one of the most corrupt branches of the Soviet/Russian forces, so I would expect missiles that won't fly and warheads that won't go bang, where-ever they land.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
quote:

Remember?

He has great sway over Republicans because they are phony hypocrites and he has the proof.

Personally I doubt his strategic weapons are any more reliable than his tactical forces turned out to be, the Strategic Rocket Forces have always been one of the most corrupt branches of the Soviet/Russian forces, so I would expect missiles that won't fly and warheads that won't go bang, where-ever they land.

You are, and will remain a moron.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Remember?

You are, and will remain a moron.....

We know he owns their leader, Trump, we all saw them walk out of their private meeting in Helsinki.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Remember?

Nukes horrify me. I wonder if they weren't too evil to even build once and it has to have been a mistake to let them proliferate.

I wouldn't think it'd matter if Vlads nukes fly or not, 6000 nukes on the loose or just unsupervised seems a bummer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Remember?

Nukes horrify me. I wonder if they weren't too evil to even build once and it has to have been a mistake to let them proliferate.

I wouldn't think it'd matter if Vlads nukes fly or not, 6000 nukes on the loose or just unsupervised seems a bummer.

They are not the "world-killers" you have been led to believe. While only two were used as weapons over 2,000 have been detonated in tests, with very minor effects on most of the planet.

If you are close to one, or downwind of a ground burst, it's damned significant. Otherwise it's just a big bomb, really.

one of us
posted Hide Post
So, we should just not worry about them? What does Greta have to say about that?
Most of the tests since the early '60's have been underground. There was a good reason for that decision. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
So, we should just not worry about them? What does Greta have to say about that?
Most of the tests since the early '60's have been underground. There was a good reason for that decision. Regards, Bill.

There were 520 "atmospheric" tests, including underwater tests, with a total yield more than 5 times that of the 1352 underground tests. Some of the atmospheric tests involved weapons up to 50x the yield of anything known to be currently deployed.

I'm not saying we should run out and start a general strategic nuclear exchange; I'm just trying to tell you they aren't going to wipe out humanity as is generally believed.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would prefer a pray for the best (they blow up in Russians launch platforms, and expect the worse type of planning:approach.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
I would prefer a pray for the best (they blow up in Russians launch platforms, and expect the worse type of planning:approach.

The 6,000 number is overblown as well, they only have about 1,300 actually on delivery systems, targeted a lot of places besides just us. They really fear the Chinese masses because they are so close, plus India is always unpredictable.

"I'm not saying we won't get our hair mussed..."

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:

There were 520 "atmospheric" tests, including underwater tests, with a total yield more than 5 times that of the 1352 underground tests. Some of the atmospheric tests involved weapons up to 50x the yield of anything known to be currently deployed.

I'm not saying we should run out and start a general strategic nuclear exchange; I'm just trying to tell you they aren't going to wipe out humanity as is generally believed.

It seems odd to try to minimize the effect of a nuclear exchange between the US and Russia by saying "Well, humanity won't be wiped out."

Scores of millions would die. And Vlad has his finger on the button. I guess it won't be as bad as projections if the missiles don't fly because of maintenance neglect and so on....let's keep our fingers crossed.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I have to admit, there are certain things which I consider to be "bad". The proliferation of nuclear weapons definitely falls into my "bad" category. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Somehow if something like Covid can screw up food distribution in this country, let’s just say 10% of Jeffive’s warheads actually work. That’s 130.

Say only 3/4 are aimed at the US.

Ballpark 80.

Say we can shoot down 20% (and of course it will be where it will do the least good… DC)

So we have 50 major cities hit.

From Hiroshima/nagasaki at least 5-10 million dead from blast effects and our electrical grid and communication infrastructure shot from EMP.

Depending on time of year, maybe 100 million dead from starvation/lack of medical care/heat in a year. No world mobilization to save us. Likely some internal conflict due to our current divisiveness.

So yeah, not the end of the world. Just the end of the world as we know it.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
Somehow if something like Covid can screw up food distribution in this country, let’s just say 10% of Jeffive’s warheads actually work. That’s 130.

Ballpark 80.

Say we can shoot down 20% (and of course it will be where it will do the least good… DC)

Cities are rarely primary nuclear targets, particularly under Soviet/Russian doctrine. They desperately need to attrit our land-based missiles and bomber bases because our subs are essentially invulnerable so reducing land-based retaliation is the best shot they have.

From Hiroshima/nagasaki at least 5-10 million dead from blast effects and our electrical grid and communication infrastructure shot from EMP.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were essentially built out of bamboo and paper, fires destroyed at least 4 times as much as the blasts did. Total immediate dead across both cities were about 150,000. Widespread EMP is only a factor in high-altitude detonations, which do little if any damage on the ground.

Depending on time of year, maybe 100 million dead from starvation/lack of medical care/heat in a year. No world mobilization to save us. Likely some internal conflict due to our current divisiveness.

Pure speculation pulled directly out of your ass. I estimate 6 people and 3 cows are likely to die.

You studied and practiced medicine; for 5 years I studied nuclear and chemical war, and for three I plotted nuclear attacks on every city in Europe, East and West, and calculated where the fallout hazards would most likely be afterwards. You see, Doctor, we didn't have the option of throwing our hands up and crying "Oh, Woe is me", we had to be prepared to fight a war AFTER the nukes were expended.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffive, what's your take on the Poiedon drone sub, which is essentially a dirty bomb aimed at making the US coast uninhabitable?

Posts: 4255 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
Jeffive, what's your take on the Poiedon drone sub, which is essentially a dirty bomb aimed at making the US coast uninhabitable?

Vastly overblown. Underwater nuclear detonations, unless close aboard a ship, waste the majority of their energy on water, an excellent shielding against radiation. The notion of a "radioactive tsunami" wouldn't even make good science fiction, because water is notoriously resistant to the neutron-induced gamma activity (NIGA) that creates much of the conventional fallout from a weapon.

IF the thing actually exists in operational form it's a long-range nuclear torpedo, probably capable of carrying a 2 megaton warhead. Would be capable of closing a port facility or damaging (not destroying) a coastal city, but no more than that.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
My understanding is its a cobalt bomb, not designed to do massive short term damage, but to make a large area potentially uninhabitable. Which if true is the equivalent of a kick to the balls , or biting someone's ear when you are loosing.

Posts: 4255 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by shankspony:
My understanding is its a cobalt bomb, not designed to do massive short term damage, but to make a large area potentially uninhabitable. Which if true is the equivalent of a kick to the balls , or biting someone's ear when you are loosing.

If you surround your warhead with Cobalt it will theoretically pulverise the Cobalt while the NIGA I mentioned makes it radioactive and it's then carried along with the rest of the fallout but having a longer half-life. Should work, if you detonate on land where there's plenty of open air for your fallout to move through on the wind. Underwater, at most the Cobalt 60 (it's 59 until you irradiate it) will travel a few meters and settle to the bottom, complicating dredging operations for a few years and little more.

It's a fantasy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Ballpark 80.

Cities are rarely primary nuclear targets, particularly under Soviet/Russian doctrine. They desperately need to attrit our land-based missiles and bomber bases because our subs are essentially invulnerable so reducing land-based retaliation is the best shot they have.

Hiroshima and Nagasaki were essentially built out of bamboo and paper, fires destroyed at least 4 times as much as the blasts did. Total immediate dead across both cities were about 150,000. Widespread EMP is only a factor in high-altitude detonations, which do little if any damage on the ground.

Pure speculation pulled directly out of your ass. I estimate 6 people and 3 cows are likely to die.

You studied and practiced medicine; for 5 years I studied nuclear and chemical war, and for three I plotted nuclear attacks on every city in Europe, East and West, and calculated where the fallout hazards would most likely be afterwards. You see, Doctor, we didn't have the option of throwing our hands up and crying "Oh, Woe is me", we had to be prepared to fight a war AFTER the nukes were expended.

I’m not the one who is claiming that there aren’t that many.

I don’t disagree that the US will exist in some form in your situation.

I took some classes on strategic defense in ROTC. We did calculate blast radius, etc. using the declassified available information. Hell, in the ER in where I did residency there was a USAF map of the city with all these interesting red circles… labeled 100 kt, 500 kt, 1 mt. With some footnotes that were redacted.

Yes, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not modern construction- but Nagasaki was dropped in a valley and the bombs were orders of magnitude smaller yield. Frankly I doubt that modern frame housing and prefab steel buildings are that much better at blast resistance… see what a tornado does to houses, and that’s 120MPH wind. Fire? Maybe somewhat better, but still will generate a firestorm.

Yes, I think my estimates are closer than yours stated here.

Given the Russians know we are so dependent on electronics, you would have to be kind of simple to presume they would not try and flash our networks with EMP.

The whole counterforce strategy argument is not particularly relevant. We can’t say what Putin or his military minds have programmed their strategy for- especially given that our availability and response times are pretty open and there is little point to nuking empty silos- unless you are admitting that our current POTUS would not order a launch until after we were hit…

Our SAC bombers would likely get up, and they have to have concerns about interception given the issues in Ukraine, although that has always been our least reliable part of the Triad in terms of hitting the target.

I also suspect that there have been some changes in targeting due to the development and deployment of anti missile capable ADA.

I know my military knowledge is neither as in depth as yours nor is it really recent… but the damage estimates are all applied statistics, which is something I deal with daily.

100 million deaths is around 1/3 of the population of the US. Yes, we will still be here… but given how severe that would be, I doubt the country would be very similar to now.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
civilization, as we know it, won't survive a nuke exchange - it's so vastly out of the question as to defy thought -

let's say 200 nukes hit the US, cities, factories, missile defenses, military bases - our country, while we might have MAD, would be destroyed as we know it - just hit the oil, gas, and chemical plants on the gulf coast and parts of the east coast, we'd have no food in less than a week - and total dystopian effects in less time than that -

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ballpark 80.

I took some classes on strategic defense in ROTC. We did calculate blast radius, etc. using the declassified available information. Hell, in the ER in where I did residency there was a USAF map of the city with all these interesting red circles… labeled 100 kt, 500 kt, 1 mt. With some footnotes that were redacted.

Yes, Hiroshima and Nagasaki were not modern construction- but Nagasaki was dropped in a valley and the bombs were orders of magnitude smaller yield. Frankly I doubt that modern frame housing and prefab steel buildings are that much better at blast resistance… see what a tornado does to houses, and that’s 120MPH wind. Fire? Maybe somewhat better, but still will generate a firestorm.

Given the Russians know we are so dependent on electronics, you would have to be kind of simple to presume they would not try and flash our networks with EMP.

The whole counterforce strategy argument is not particularly relevant. We can’t say what Putin or his military minds have programmed their strategy for- especially given that our availability and response times are pretty open and there is little point to nuking empty silos- unless you are admitting that our current POTUS would not order a launch until after we were hit…

Our SAC bombers would likely get up, and they have to have concerns about interception given the issues in Ukraine, although that has always been our least reliable part of the Triad in terms of hitting the target.

I also suspect that there have been some changes in targeting due to the development and deployment of anti missile capable ADA.

I know my military knowledge is neither as in depth as yours nor is it really recent… but the damage estimates are all applied statistics, which is something I deal with daily.

100 million deaths is around 1/3 of the population of the US. Yes, we will still be here… but given how severe that would be, I doubt the country would be very similar to now.

I didn't realize I was addressing an expert who took some ROTC classes, obviously my piddling graduation from the NBC Operations NCO School and 5 years of hands-on experience cannot compare to such expertise.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
blah blah -ranting in peckerwood-

you are always such a stellar example of a great human being - we are all amazed -- there is no doubt how you won the kleagle election in peckerwood county, hands down, you were the best candidate

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jeffi, are you quoting the same 40 yr old knowledge you had of missile numbers?
Where every thursday we destroyed thousands of them we had so many stockpiled. The reality being, we are 5 years behind in missiles to just resupply.
I'm sure time stands still at peckerwood junction where you live. But things change over the decades.
" Park you truck right here on the railroad tracks" "I tell ya, the train doesnt come by until 3 pm, or did when I was a kid"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Where every thursday we destroyed thousands of them we had so many stockpiled. The reality being, we are 5 years behind in missiles to just resupply.
I'm sure time stands still at peckerwood junction where you live. But things change over the decades.
" Park you truck right here on the railroad tracks" "I tell ya, the train doesnt come by until 3 pm, or did when I was a kid"

Welcome to the list with bluefish and jeffeosso. Try your childish namecalling on someone who will listen.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:

Welcome to the list with bluefish and jeffeosso.

as losers always say, if you can't beat em with facts, ignore them with emotions ...

i guess it's back to playing peekaboo, and here i thought that the little kleagle had outgrown toddler behavior

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ballpark 80.

I didn't realize I was addressing an expert who took some ROTC classes, obviously my piddling graduation from the NBC Operations NCO School and 5 years of hands-on experience cannot compare to such expertise.

The point being that?

Applied statistics is pretty straightforward.

Your comment states that MAD is all wet.

As to your comment about 5 years and NCO school…. A buddy of mine was a colonel at SAC.

“Where did you find this guy?”

I was giving your expertise the benefit of the doubt… but what you are saying is so different than every expert I’ve ever heard of, and my admittedly minuscule exposure. But the stuff I worked off of was from the DOD. Old data, but still stuff that had declassification stamps on it.

Physics is physics.

I’m on our disaster committee here. We see lots of data. They don’t consider the only 10% as realistic, and the damage is mostly secondary to the loss of civil control and food/energy delivery.

Fatal dosage is fatal dosage (albeit we seem to be finding that over time vs abrupt is different.)

Burns take quite a bit of care.

Distribution networks are based in major cities and ports. That’s why they are targeted.

If you were claiming that the level of fallout might not be that bad, or that the yields of combloc weapons were overstated, that’s one thing, but every vehicle made in the last 30+ years has emissions controls with computerized control of combustion… it isn’t taking too much EMP to fry those chips, and then they don’t work until you get new chips from where?

Yes, the military’s vehicles were hardened at one point. Yes they have plans.

But the military is what, 1 million total, of which about half are deployed overseas? Most of the major bases will likely be hit (and they do tend to be near major cities and ports)…

I get that you are saying that nuclear winter is overstated. I get that the radiation fallout is more a long term health risk than a killer. I get that blast damage is localized.

Look at what a mess Covid made of supply chains… a nuclear exchange, even limited, would be exponentially worse.

Attack the other guy’s lack of credentials instead of pointing out the factual errors…

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Ballpark 80.

The point being that?

Applied statistics is pretty straightforward.

Your comment states that MAD is all wet.

As to your comment about 5 years and NCO school…. A buddy of mine was a colonel at SAC.

“Where did you find this guy?”

I was giving your expertise the benefit of the doubt… but what you are saying is so different than every expert I’ve ever heard of, and my admittedly minuscule exposure. But the stuff I worked off of was from the DOD. Old data, but still stuff that had declassification stamps on it.

Physics is physics.

I’m on our disaster committee here. We see lots of data. They don’t consider the only 10% as realistic, and the damage is mostly secondary to the loss of civil control and food/energy delivery.

Fatal dosage is fatal dosage (albeit we seem to be finding that over time vs abrupt is different.)

Burns take quite a bit of care.

Distribution networks are based in major cities and ports. That’s why they are targeted.

If you were claiming that the level of fallout might not be that bad, or that the yields of combloc weapons were overstated, that’s one thing, but every vehicle made in the last 30+ years has emissions controls with computerized control of combustion… it isn’t taking too much EMP to fry those chips, and then they don’t work until you get new chips from where?

Yes, the military’s vehicles were hardened at one point. Yes they have plans.

But the military is what, 1 million total, of which about half are deployed overseas? Most of the major bases will likely be hit (and they do tend to be near major cities and ports)…

I get that you are saying that nuclear winter is overstated. I get that the radiation fallout is more a long term health risk than a killer. I get that blast damage is localized.

Look at what a mess Covid made of supply chains… a nuclear exchange, even limited, would be exponentially worse.

Attack the other guy’s lack of credentials instead of pointing out the factual errors…

Wasn't This guy, was it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see, only jeffi is allowed to call people names.
Jeffi, you spewed post after post of BS about how many munitions the US destroyed. Everything we sent to the Ukraine was about to be destroyed anyway.
When I posted an article by the pentagon that said we were 5 yrs behind...... 'Oh, well I was talking how it used to be"
Decades old data is just that. It doesnt mean shit today.