New
Find
Notify
Tools

No one knows... Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
So what's the deal with govt officials not informing their 'bosses' of issues? This has gone on prior to 0biden for a variety of issues as well.

War time and the top brass is MIA and basically sounds like an AWOL situation. Why would Gen. Austin do this?

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
Shove his head up his ass and vote for trump?

Posts: 7491 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Austin is secdef not a general.

From what I understand, the guy was in an ICU. Most folks who are that sick generally can’t make coherent phone calls. That Biden didn’t know is more on his staff and the military not communicating. Secdef has security people. They knew he was in the hospital and where. That Biden didn’t know is hardly surprising given his dementia he could well have been told and just not remembered it.

While I have my issues about Biden’s policy, this is pretty much a nonissue as far as Austin not notifying. That his department didn’t notify others who had need to know is a sign of poor management, but not a sign of him being an issue per se.

Posts: 10639 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Austin got fired from being a General for incompetence.

he's simply another box ticker.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

From what I understand, the guy was in an ICU. Most folks who are that sick generally can’t make coherent phone calls. That Biden didn’t know is more on his staff and the military not communicating. Secdef has security people. They knew he was in the hospital and where. That Biden didn’t know is hardly surprising given his dementia he could well have been told and just not remembered it.

While I have my issues about Biden’s policy, this is pretty much a nonissue as far as Austin not notifying. That his department didn’t notify others who had need to know is a sign of poor management, but not a sign of him being an issue per se.

In respect, I was referring to his earned rank before he retired. He's still a general despite his current position. Similarly people who were once judges are still called judge, etc. There are many examples of this.

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:

In respect, I was referring to his earned rank before he retired. He's still a general despite his current position. Similarly people who were once judges are still called judge, etc. There are many examples of this.

You can address me as Sergeant from now on. Roll Eyes

Posts: 7491 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:

You can address me as Sergeant from now on. Roll Eyes

I would have no problem with that if I had known. I am sure you were highly respected based on the way you respond here. coffee

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:

What a stupid thing to claim, he retired as a 4-star General.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Why complain about him?

Cadet Bone Spur became the Commander in Chief! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66999 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
Originally posted by Lamar:

What a stupid thing to claim, he retired as a 4-star General.

cool, cool, now do McCrystal

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38501 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote