THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Oathkeeper gets 18 years on seditious conspiracy charge
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Oathkeeper gets 18 years on seditious conspiracy charge Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
No, in the legal sense it was not legitimate.
I guess I see your view as revisionist history.

Both used illegal force upon the state to obtain power.
Hitler? Sort of. The beer hall putsch, where he tried to have an insurrection failed horribly. He revised his methodology at that point. Mussolini won election. Tojo won election.

There is no debate. The situation is not equivalent.
Equivelent to what? I would agree that the events on 1/6 were kind of like the Beer hall putsch.

Jan 6 is an example of the same illegal force Hitler and Mussolini used to gain control of the state.
Force? On 1/6? There was some chatter about wanting to use force on 1/6, but to the best of my knowledge, the only (manufactured) weapons used were by the government. The Nazis used rifles and pistols in the failed beer hall putsch.

When you use illegal means under German and Italian law to gain political power. The regimes are illegitimate.
Can you quote the illegal means under German law when Hitler became Chancellor?

There is nothing here to argue.

Hence, you continue to. That makes you a fool.
How about you are making assumptions based on a vague recollection of the timeline of Fascist coming to power?

When you disband civil law by force to rule by fiat; yes.
Exactly. That happened AFTER they attained initial power.

When you purposely burn down the legislature and blame it on a scapegoat to gain power; yes.
Hitler was ALREADY chancellor when the Reichstag burned. He used it to gain further control... he already had the Chancellry.

When you have the Minister of Justice set aside Court rulings to kill political opponents; yes.
That happened after Kristallnacht. Well after Hitler gained power.

Please stop. You are too intelligent to act this stupid.
Thanks for the backwards complement. I think you are making some assumptions.

Nazis never won a majority of elections until political parties were banned.
Germany was a parliamentary system. They were the single largest group in their coalition.

Nazis were a minority party and loosing elections.
The Nazis were not a majority party, but they were gaining, thus all the shenanigans that the more central parties were doing to get them in.

I know Dr. Easter would like to ban opposition parties.

I think that is a pretty big assumption. I would think he is more likely to want the Democrats to return to being the Democrat party of his youth... but he's here. He can tell you if he is for one party rule.

The Nazi party was a very scary thing, as were the communists at the time. They were gaining power and votes, and once they gained power, they changed the rules to ensure they kept it. To me, one of the bigger issues with Nazism and Fascism (and Communism) is that they can appeal to some, and then they morph into totalitarian organizations.

Contrary to you, I see ALL political organizations as being capable of this. The vote buying largesse of the current US brand of politics is definately concerning to me. Its not "violent" although one can argue that some of our political violence is being driven by folks who refuse to be told "no more freebies" like the whole reparations issue.

1930's Germany and Italy are an object lesson for all democracies. They gained their power, and then in the conviction that they were absolutely correct, ensured that they stayed that way. 1917's Russia was identical.

Its not right/left, its totalitarian vs continual reevaluation.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Nazi party was a very scary thing, as were the communists at the time. They were gaining power and votes, and once they gained power, they changed the rules to ensure they kept it. To

Sounds like what democrats did in 2020 and are doing now....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sounds like you believe what the Jan 5 bouts took up arms to stop.

Anyone who thinks the 2020 Election was non legitimate is a fool or lying.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lets be honest....

Trump was trying as well.

Its the nature of political power.

It takes a very rare man (like George Washington) to have it, and the prospect of more, and then to step away and say "enough."

Part of why the 22nd Amendment was passed.

quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
The Nazi party was a very scary thing, as were the communists at the time. They were gaining power and votes, and once they gained power, they changed the rules to ensure they kept it. To

Sounds like what democrats did in 2020 and are doing now....

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lets be honest....

Trump was trying as well.

Its the nature of political power.

Trump is still trying, and still may succeed at the Nazi thing, with the help from folks like JTEX.

For him, it's about power and revenge.

For his followers it's about the end justifies the means game, mixed with a very skewed vision of patriotism and lies.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ea822c5ac29287&ei=62

Jan. 6 rioters are raking in thousands in donations. Now the US is coming after their haul
Story by AP Associated Press • 1h ago

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Kanec
posted Hide Post
Butler is absolutely right
Besides, the election was won because Germany was on their lips after WWI and economy shattered and Nazi party promised and then delivered prosperity
Then of course German leaders got drunk on power and rest is a history

Posts: 201 | Location: Heart of Europe where East meets the West | Registered: 19 January 2023Reply With Quote