New
Find
Notify
Tools

It's the border, stupid Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am south of Hebbronville hunting quail the last chance I can before heading to the State FFA/4H Trap Shoot in San Antonio this next week. The trash and foot traffic across this ranch is horrendous. I am astounded the “they” let this shit go on. I would vote for Al Capone for President if I thought he would stop this insanity!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://youtube.com/shorts/b5n...?si=E1V99BFUnsVh6llg

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19772 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I am south of Hebbronville hunting quail the last chance I can before heading to the State FFA/4H Trap Shoot in San Antonio this next week. The trash and foot traffic across this ranch is horrendous. I am astounded the “they” let this shit go on. I would vote for Al Capone for President if I thought he would stop this insanity!

Don't worry Lane, the fellas in the hinterlands will tell us it's "close enough" to being under control, even though they are at least a thousand miles away from the action.

My Mexican DiL (SHE says Mexican, not hispanic) is disgusted with the total lack of effort

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
No matter how we spin border, one side or the other, this is invasion and no nation can sustain this
Simply, we just need to shut the whole border down and rethink the whole process of immigration, get rid of this asylum nonsense and then maybe start with some sort of work visa program but all the applications need to be done in their own respective countries
And they have to speak English…what a novel idea …

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
eureka

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
Justin Trudeau a Texan? jumping rotflmo

Posts: 2963 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
No matter how we spin border, one side or the other, this is invasion and no nation can sustain this
Simply, we just need to shut the whole border down and rethink the whole process of immigration, get rid of this asylum nonsense and then maybe start with some sort of work visa program but all the applications need to be done in their own respective countries
And they have to speak English…what a novel idea …

quote:
The United States is obliged to recognize valid claims for asylum under the 1951 Convention Relating to the Status of Refugees and its 1967 Protocol. As defined by these agreements, a refugee is a person who is outside their country of nationality (or place of habitual residence if stateless) who, owing to a fear of persecution on account of a protected ground, is unable or unwilling to avail himself of the protection of the state. Protected grounds include race, nationality, religion, political opinion and membership of a particular social group. The signatories to these agreements are further obliged not to return or "refoul" refugees to countries or places where they would face persecution.

This commitment was codified and expanded by the United States Congress with the passing of the Refugee Act of 1980. Besides reiterating the definitions of the 1951 Convention and its Protocol, the Refugee Act provided for the establishment of an Office of Refugee Resettlement (ORR) within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) to help refugees begin their lives in the U.S. The structure and procedures evolved and by 2004, federal handling of refugee affairs was led by PRM,[24] working with the ORR at HHS. Asylum claims are mainly the responsibility of the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS).

Link

So, we should just abandon the Geneva Conventions and change Federal Law because your panties are bunched?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Democrats never want to address the 1.8 million known got aways...

You know, the almost 2 million people who with premeditation evaded U.S. law enforcement agencies and are known to be in this country illegally.(failure to report at p.o.e)

Folks who likely would have been caught, detained, and deported had it not been for the fact that Border Patrol agents who would have been patrolling the border are now babysitting, pushing paper, and making sandwiches for the hoardes of military age males from over 150 countries.

I've asked before.

Do you honestly believe the DHS can smoke out the bad ones, amongst millions and millions,
in 72 hours or less?

And while we're at it, how would you prioritize the two?

Which holds the greatest concern?

The folks waiting patiently in lockup for 72 hours or less, or the Known got aways?

Now, let's address the unknown got aways...

Maybe it's just me, but it appears America currently has it all backwards.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Thomas "Ty" Beaham:
Democrats never want to address the 1.8 million known got aways...

You know, the almost 2 million people who with premeditation evaded U.S. law enforcement agencies and are known to be in this country illegally.

Folks who likely would have been caught, detained, and deported had it not been for the fact that Border Patrol agents who would have been patrolling the border are now babysitting, pushing paper, and making sandwiches for the hoardes of military age males from over 150 countries.

I've asked before.

Do you honestly believe the DHS can smoke out the bad ones, amongst millions and millions,
in 72 hours or less?

And while we're at it, how would you prioritize the two?

Which holds the greatest concern?

The known got aways, or the folks waiting patiently in lockup for 72 hours or less?

Now, let's address the unknown got aways...

Biden tried to address it, got a bipartisan deal negotiated with Republican Senators, and the House blew it up because Trump needs an issue to run on.

Either it's a "crisis" and Republicans are willing to let it continue for at least a year for political purposes, or they are lying about a "crisis" for political purposes.

Which is it?

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ahhhh yes, Biden, the tried and true panacea, the great white dope. horse

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The President of the United States.

Never found liable for sexual assault, never found liable for fraud, not under indictment for 90+ crimes...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.google.com/search?...vid:6O61jkz0DDI,st:0

Security - The Lincoln Project

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19772 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

The President of the United States.

Never found liable for sexual assault, never found liable for fraud, not under indictment for 90+ crimes...

Yes, that dope.

Let's go Brandon...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want President Nodrm out of the race, then do not nominate the crook he already beat being Trump.

As long as Trump is the GOP Champion, why would Biden bow out? Biden already whipped him once. Jd will again.

Posts: 10952 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote