Tools

It's the border, stupid Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Originally posted by Magine Enigam:
I have no idea what you are talking about.

Confused

I don't have a cult leader who refers to others as vermin.

No, your "cult leaders" (you get that calling THEM a CULT is demonization of "other" right?) calls them deplorables, and must be sent to re-education camps

But you seriously don't get how your broad brush demonization of republicans is exactly the behavior that you are accusing the other side of doing ---

perhaps you need some light reading on the matter
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Demonizing_the_enemy

btw, it's interesting that YOU, who opened up a post on, and talked about, what defines a cult, while "ignoring" any posts you disagreed with ... well, yeah, this isn't single instance behavior, that's all I am saying

quote:
Dehumanization is the thing for MAGA, by whatever means - imagination is the only limit.

I didn't use the word "demonizing".

Nor did I use the word "enemy".

You may now apologize.

"Dehumanization is the denial of full humanity in others along with the cruelty and suffering that accompany it. A practical definition refers to it as the viewing and the treatment of other people as though they lack the mental capacities that are commonly attributed to human beings." Wikipedia

"Demonization or demonisation is the reinterpretation of polytheistic deities as evil, lying demons by other religions, generally by the monotheistic and henotheistic ones. The term has since been expanded to refer to any characterization of individuals, groups, or political bodies as evil." Wikipedia

BTW, where does "fascist fodder" fit into your definitions? Roll Eyes

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19772 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
For you Jeffee: Big Grin

https://youtu.be/iyX3RTAICP8?si=h16p2GJBAJtuA-lk

'Redneck' Comedian Takes a Blowtorch to the Republican Party

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19772 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
you know, YOU.. you, ASKED for specific instances of where you could be helped .... others, and I, have tried .. and you deny every one by trying to play word games --

you aren't this dumb. .. well, at least, I have a higher opinion of your intellect --

whatever man, there are days you are just a lost cause

you'll note *I* am addressing YOUR specific behavior, not throwing insults at a class of people --

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
you'll note *I* am addressing YOUR specific behavior

And, in this instance I am addressing YOUR behavior.

Words matter. You are accusing me of something I didn't say. So, you got all indignant and righteous, and I'm amused.

Humm

I too am easily amused. Smiler

XXX

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
you'll note *I* am addressing YOUR specific behavior

And, in this instance I am addressing YOUR behavior.

Words matter. You are accusing me of something I didn't say. So, you got all indignant and righteous, and I'm amused.

Humm

I too am easily amused. Smiler

yeah.. you are right.. you win the internet ..

no, wait, lets review the tape
quote:
Dehumanization is the thing for MAGA, by whatever means - imagination is the only limit.

1: I think it's safe to assume that you feel "maga" is the "other side"
2: i think it's safe to assume that you feel "dehumanization" is a bad thing, or at least i HOPE you do
3: you ascribe dehumanization = maga , which practically no limits
4: this one might be a stretch - you are inferring, and may even think that, ALL non-liberals are "Maga", and certainly all republicans
5: you compound the "dehumanization" with two modifying clauses "by whatever means" and "imagination is the only limit"
6: you are incapable, at this moment, of understanding the IRONY of you making these statements against "other"

seriously, as much propaganda that you read, post, and spew, you should understand the mechanics of the process a bit better -- it's far more effective when you understand it to try and get another big lie in ... such as MAGA is behind defunding the Police, and MAGA is causing the border crisis -- see, you KNOW these aren't truths, but if you work the mechanics of the interaction JUST RIGHT, you might get a couple believers -- repeat it often enough, and BAM, suddenly there many people believing it and repeating it into echo chambers.

what do I know, i only took several logic, phycology, and polisci courses to try and understand the impact of propaganda on history, while in college, earning a degree on the subject - (oh, did you see my call to authority/self-placement as authority move there? it wasn't bad) -- and formally studied debate for 4 YEARS --

but, hey, i get it, not everyone gets irony - today isn't your day-- try again tomorrow

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That sure was an elaborate and excessive exercise in rationalization.

It would have been much easier if you had just apologized.

diggin Smiler

BTW:

Rationalization is a defense mechanism in which apparent logical reasons are given to justify behavior that is motivated by unconscious instinctual impulses. It is an attempt to find reasons for behaviors, especially one's own. Rationalizations are used to defend against feelings of guilt, maintain self-respect, and protect oneself from criticism.
Wikipedia

XXX

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
That sure was an elaborate and excessive exercise in rationalization.

diggin Smiler

BTW:

Rationalization is a defense mechanism in which apparent logical reasons are given to justify behavior that is motivated by unconscious instinctual impulses. It is an attempt to find reasons for behaviors, especially one's own. Rationalizations are used to defend against feelings of guilt, maintain self-respect, and protect oneself from criticism.
Wikipedia

yes, i am aware of your rationalizations - and the irony of that as well

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You can dish it out but can't take it.

I remember when you pushed me to apologize.

Turn around is fair play. Big Grin

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you want a Republican led legislation at the border, do not vote MAGA, Christian Nationalist Republican.

I am proud of the Senate. That includes both parties. The GOP led House and Speaker I am actually numb to. I am too, “ Well they told us, and this is what they do which is complain doing nothing” The sad part is we needed this piece of legislation across the board.

I hope people see who stopped legislation that blunted Russia, blunted Hamas, and made the border better.

Of course, the MAGA GOP wing needs nothing at the border to change. President Trump has done instructed them he needs to campaign on an out of control border. How dare we pass Federal legislation concerning border and migration as the Supreme Court has instructed us is the proper jurisdictional authority. We have a a constitutional crisis to perpetuate at the border.

Not all non-liberals are MAGA. Easiest example is Sen. McConnell. At one point or another most Congressional GOP members have given cover to MAGA. See the Jan 6 impeachment vote concerning MAGA leader President Trump.

Posts: 10951 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That giant horde of maga morons heading for the border in their trucks turned into a giant circus, a couple hundred pickups on a ranch and fighting amongst themselves, grifters galore. The locals are disgusted with them as well. This is how brain dead they all are....

https://youtu.be/EikjAZ3cn2Q?si=aPLfZtZHFPQ0WJdM

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...long-con/ar-BB1hOiLj

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The house should strip out the part where only a DC judge can hear cases concerning the border. It's not right to take border states judges out of it. The other is asylum czars, or whatever they want to call them, hearing asylum claims. That is ripe for creating issues from either side.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

*turn ABOUT --

but, anyway --
Dude, seriously, you want me to apologize for noticing your CONTINUOUS behavior?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

*turn ABOUT --

but, anyway --
Dude, seriously, you want me to apologize for noticing your CONTINUOUS behavior?

The CONTINUOUS behavior you "noticed" was hinged on words you attributed to me having said - "demonization" and "enemy". I didn't use those words, nor imply their meanings on others.

You made it up. I've noticed that CONTINUOUS behavior on your part.

I don't know what else to say. Is TB40 your hero?

It's really not worthwhile to argue with someone who just makes stuff up.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...ec0c8067cff594&ei=45

Mitch McConnell Kneels to Donald Trump Over Border
Story by Ewan Palmer • 5h

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...f2b66b4b6541f2&ei=68

Greg Abbott Rages at Texas Being Stripped of Powers: 'Unacceptable'
Story by James Bickerton • 2h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/vide...cid=socialshare&t=59

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The king of "making stuff up" trying to tell jeffe what he's doing? dancing

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by theback40 posted 06 February 2024 19:09

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see kabob couldnt resist taking a peek.
He complains about Jeffe making things up. Funny how kabob accused me of bullying civil servants at a legislative meeting, but wouldnt tell me who the civil servants were. There was a civil engineer, who agreed with my report, the rest were walk ins like me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by theback40 posted 06 February 2024 23:01

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...40d81b2df7d9e2&ei=63

The GOP’s True Priority

(excerpt)

The Cato Institute reported last November:

The Biden Department of Homeland Security (DHS) has removed a higher percentage of arrested border crossers in its first two years than the Trump DHS did over its last two years. Moreover, migrants were more likely to be released after a border arrest under President Trump than under President Biden. In absolute terms, the Biden DHS is removing 3.5 times as many people per month as the Trump DHS did.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...40d81b2df7d9e2&ei=99

Trump Is Doing To The GOP What He Wants To Do To America
Story by David Kurtz • 6h

Senate Republicans backed away from the Ukraine funding-border package so fast, it set a land speed record for crawfishing.

==============================================

https://www.msn.com/en-us/vide...ocid=socialshare&t=1

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Only half mock others?

Darn - I'll have to work on that.

Mocking is the least I can do. And it's the most I feel okay with.

Anything more and I validate your claim.

quote:
ME
Have you ever even read your own signature?
8 sentences/fragments/bumper sticker slogans
half of them mock "other"

C O N T I N U O U S behavior

quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by Magine Enigam:

*turn ABOUT --

but, anyway --

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see our master of hypocrisy had to peek at my post again.
Still cant admit he makes shit up.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by theback40 posted 07 February 2024 03:23

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Ignored post by theback40 posted 07 February 2024 03:23

If you are ignoring him, why are you posting the ignoring notice?

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So he and everyone else will know that I'm ignoring him.

And, the best way to annoy a bully is to ignore him.

He and JTEX are on my ignore list. If I'm not logged in sometimes the content sneaks through, but I try to stay logged in so all I see is that he posted something. There's no need for me to read it, and especially no need to respond directly or in-kind. I did that far too long. It's useless - a waste of time. He just makes up more stuff and repeats previous lies.

Neither one of them have anything to say that I'm even remotely interested in. Screen clutter.

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Now that is good for a chuckle! I would be annoyed at being on ignore. I bet JTex sleeps just fine at night too. rotflmo
Kabob has CRS cant remember shit. He then claims we make things up about him, because he doesnt remember. When his own post prove otherwise, he claims it's not what he was trying to say.
He knows he looses, and he cant take it, so put us on ignore.
Quite amusing really.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ignored post by theback40 posted 07 February 2024 18:00

XXX

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Just FYI ME, your signature block makes reading threads that you post on on a mobile device a pain in the butt since it forces your posts to be a bigger size than everyone else's posts. That reduces the size of everyone else's posts. Would be nice if you changed that. Probably due to your line of continuous X's.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Just FYI ME, your signature block makes reading threads that you post on on a mobile device a pain in the butt since it forces your posts to be a bigger size than everyone else's posts. That reduces the size of everyone else's posts. Would be nice if you changed that. Probably due to your line of continuous X's.

As a rule, if your signature block is far bigger than your post I don't bother reading either.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

Thanks for that info. Since I never read threads on a mobile device, I didn't know what you describe was the situation.

Let me know how it looks on mobile device now.

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
You just gotta love this political battlefield
We battle and we come out unscathed with smile on our faces
Maybe some don’t but that their loss

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It's an exchange of ideas. That's all.

XXX

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
I think, but can't prove, that Trump's policies did deter some illegal immigration.

When you lock some of them up in cages, separate them from their kids, and treat them like animals, it's bound to have a deterrent effect.

No shit. On the other hand, the obvious way to stop illegal immigration is to legalize it.
Problem solved, although there is the little issue of competing economically with guys who are desperate to stay here and work for cheap.
Reference Asian shrimpers in Louisiana...

Or try to make it less appealing to leave your home, family, and friends with nothing but what you carry on your back.
Jobs where they live? Fewer government parasites and cartels where they live? Root causes?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14388 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It was supposed to be OK when Reagan did it, but who stripped all the harsh penalties for businesses that skirted the law?

https://www.npr.org/templates/...hp?storyId=128303672

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
https://x.com/wallstreetapes/s...966131087839359?s=46

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I read your link, Lane. Not sure what an Ohio sheriff's opinion is worth; no more than yours or mine, I expect, except that guy likes to repeat himself. You or I could have written it in a third the space.

I've observed that LEOs are for anything that increases their budgets and have learned that doomsaying is one way to increase their budget.

Also, doomsaying gives them cover in case something really does happen. They can say, "You see? Give us more money!"

Posts: 6149 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it was a poor tweet by this fellow. But it illustrates 2 things:

1) This illegal immigrant invasion is starting to resonate north and is not just a Texas thing.

2) The FBI is sounding the alarm. We have set our country up for hardship. Sadly.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
We have set our country up for hardship

We haven't, they have!

What purpose could the democrats have for letting all these illegals,in?

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
We have set our country up for hardship

We haven't, they have!

When we could have just as easily kept our country safe and protected!!!

quote:
What purpose could the democrats have for letting all these illegals,in?

The only purpose…to fundamentally change our country to a socialist (shithole) country! It makes me sick.

J. Lane Easter, DVM