New
Find
Notify
Tools

Any Sovereign citizens here? Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
I'm sure we have a few.

I always marvel at the patience that police officers show with these idiots.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I talked to one once a few years back Mike.
I was a JP at the time, and married a local fellow and his Canadian girlfriend. I never took any money to marry couples, and was often invited to the reception. While at theirs, a 20 ish fellow came up to me, to tell me he didnt recognize my right to marry them by power of the state. He claimed to be a Sovereign Canadian. I think kind of like a vegan, if you have to go tell people what you are!
Had an interesting talk, very little of what he said made sense. He used the postal system, and Canadian health care. He said it was "owed" to him for being a person. But, I said, it's paid with tax dollars taken in by the gov.
That didnt seem to matter to him.
I was not paying much attention for long,to be honest.
If you have ever seen a bunch of French Canadian girls dressed to the nines at a reception, you'd know what I mean. Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Is that a Canadian thing ? Big Grin Guy down the road, self employed building contractor, got caught for a substantial amount of unreported taxes, so being a Freed man on the land, refused to pay. Then he stopped work, defaulted on his mortgage, refused to accept the foreclosure. Cops finally ran him off, wife and kids left. He's now living out of his truck.

When the horse has been eliminated, human life may be extended an average of five or more years.
James R. Doolitle

I think they've been misunderstood. Timothy Tredwell

Posts: 1606 | Location: Central Alberta, Canada | Registered: 20 July 2019Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I talked to one once a few years back Mike.
I was a JP at the time, and married a local fellow and his Canadian girlfriend. I never took any money to marry couples, and was often invited to the reception. While at theirs, a 20 ish fellow came up to me, to tell me he didnt recognize my right to marry them by power of the state. He claimed to be a Sovereign Canadian. I think kind of like a vegan, if you have to go tell people what you are!
Had an interesting talk, very little of what he said made sense. He used the postal system, and Canadian health care. He said it was "owed" to him for being a person. But, I said, it's paid with tax dollars taken in by the gov.
That didnt seem to matter to him.
I was not paying much attention for long,to be honest.
If you have ever seen a bunch of French Canadian girls dressed to the nines at a reception, you'd know what I mean. Wink

Had a run in with a French Canadian girl in Montreal when i was in my mid 20's. I get it.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Sovereigns are stupid idiots.

We all like to be free from the stupid rules politicians dream up.

But, we have to live in a society of others.

They remind me of those who say "do you know who I am?" clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67049 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm sure they work at it Zebra, but many of those french canadian women will turn heads at 60 + yrs old. Their shelf life is VERY good!

Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I'm sure they work at it Zebra, but many of those french canadian women will turn heads at 60 + yrs old. Their shelf life is VERY good!

Nature has given women an expiry date! rotflmo

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67049 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Grizzly Adams1:
Is that a Canadian thing ? Big Grin Guy down the road, self employed building contractor, got caught for a substantial amount of unreported taxes, so being a Freed man on the land, refused to pay. Then he stopped work, defaulted on his mortgage, refused to accept the foreclosure. Cops finally ran him off, wife and kids left. He's now living out of his truck.

We have them here too, they claim they don't need to pay this or that tax yet expect the state to pay for their healthcare.

Like that flat earth and moon landing hoax lot there is no way to convince then.

Posts: 7188 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sovereign Citizens are everywhere.

We deal w 1 a month here.

They believe that they are a state unto themselves. That the state and federal government has no legitimacy over them.

Most have serious mental health.

Posts: 10983 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:

We have them here too, they claim they don't need to pay this or that tax yet expect the state to pay for their healthcare.

Like that flat earth and moon landing hoax lot there is no way to convince then.

There actually used to be a podcast about flat earth theories and "evidence". Was the most entertaining hour of my week.I love comedy.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
oh, ya'll haven't seen "anything" on SCs -
there are traveling shows, online workshops, and tons of videos on them, how to document themselves, and some whacky beliefs that, by using the incantations taught, can wordsmith themselves out of legal, generally financial, obligations - and the DEPTH of their "core lore" is pretty amazing - it's all whackadoodle, with some weird basis that since (certain date) the US has been a corporation and that they are part owner of said corp ...

it's whackladoodle

i remember back in the 80s and 90s when all they did was drive on expired licenses and print their own license plates

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38515 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:

There actually used to be a podcast about flat earth theories and "evidence". Was the most entertaining hour of my week.I love comedy.

Do a search on Youtube, there are loads of people apparently convinced that if they walk in a straight line they will eventually fall off the edge... Big Grin

Posts: 7188 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
there are traveling shows, online workshops, and tons of videos on them, how to document themselves, and some whacky beliefs that, by using the incantations taught, can wordsmith themselves out of legal, generally financial, obligations - and the DEPTH of their "core lore" is pretty amazing - it's all whackadoodle, with some weird basis that since (certain date) the US has been a corporation and that they are part owner of said corp ...

it's whackladoodle

i remember back in the 80s and 90s when all they did was drive on expired licenses and print their own license plates

I've never encountered one claiming that status but I see videos of traffic stops where they talk their crazy shit to cops. It never ends well for them.

one of us
posted Hide Post
It's just mental illness with its own label. Borderline or full on schizophrenia.

Posts: 1477 | Location: NC | Registered: 10 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

it's whackladoodle

I've never encountered one claiming that status but I see videos of traffic stops where they talk their crazy shit to cops. It never ends well for them.

I've had to read their writing, for "work purposes" .. the folks talking smack about "traveling" aren't 1% of the problem

#dumptrump

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

it's whackladoodle

That's exactly the word that came my mind when I saw the title. Whackadoodle. Bill.

Posts: 3535 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don't understand it at all. They enjoy the freedoms of this country but won't live up to their corresponding obligations. A lot of that going around right now.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
I don't understand it at all. They enjoy the freedoms of this country but won't live up to their corresponding obligations. A lot of that going around right now.

There sure is. And, I'd be willing to bet that pretty close to 100% of the folks who claim sovereign citizen status support trump.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

There sure is. And, I'd be willing to bet that pretty close to 100% of the folks who claim sovereign citizen status support trump.

I’d be willing to bet otherwise.

The whole sovereign citizen thing is that they are not of the country. Neither side is supported.

Most of these folks are not mentally ill, they are just criminals jonesing to get away with their behavior.

Posts: 10668 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
We have them in abundance here in Idaho. They are not a bunch of mental cases, they are fraudsters and criminals. Some stay away from society but most scam people, especially the elderly without close family. They move in make friends and get the elderly to change their Will and or gift them money, land etc. they are a scourge. When prosecuted they attack, suing and/or filing liens on property of everyone they can including county commissioners, sheriff/deputy, prosecutors and judges. They love filing 1983 actions representing themselves. They usually say they support candidates that make them look good. I doubt they vote since they will not identify themselves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
quote:
quote:

The whole sovereign citizen thing is that they are not of the country. Neither side is supported.

Most of these folks are not mentally ill, they are just criminals jonesing to get away with their behavior.

At the end of the day, they are trumptards.

>>>More than a year after Q’s final post and the January 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., a small but growing number of QAnon adherents are openly embracing the beliefs of the anti-government extremist sovereign citizen movement.

From October 2017 until December 2020, QAnon adherents anxiously awaited messages from “Q,” an anonymous figure whose posts on 4Chan and 8Chan purportedly revealed secrets about the “Deep State” actors who secretly control the U.S. government and how Donald Trump would bring these individuals to justice. Despite Q’s numerous failed prophecies and Trump’s unsuccessful attempts to overturn the 2020 election results, many QAnon followers still brace themselves for the restoration of the “Republic” that will come when Trump ultimately returns to the presidency and subsequently takes down the “Deep State.”

https://www.adl.org/resources/...singly-seeping-qanon

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

>>>More than a year after Q’s final post and the January 6 insurrection at the U.S. Capitol in Washington, D.C., a small but growing number of QAnon adherents are openly embracing the beliefs of the anti-government extremist sovereign citizen movement.

From October 2017 until December 2020, QAnon adherents anxiously awaited messages from “Q,” an anonymous figure whose posts on 4Chan and 8Chan purportedly revealed secrets about the “Deep State” actors who secretly control the U.S. government and how Donald Trump would bring these individuals to justice. Despite Q’s numerous failed prophecies and Trump’s unsuccessful attempts to overturn the 2020 election results, many QAnon followers still brace themselves for the restoration of the “Republic” that will come when Trump ultimately returns to the presidency and subsequently takes down the “Deep State.”

https://www.adl.org/resources/...singly-seeping-qanon

There is a podcast called unbridled minds done by a Q supporter/believer that appears to hiding in Greece. If you ever want to shake your head, give it a listen

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by crbutler:

nah mike, YOU might expect that, but it's not the case.. working in fintech, i can certainly tell you that the profile of a SC does NOT match that of a trump supporter.. like 94% of the time

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by crbutler:

nah mike, YOU might expect that, but it's not the case.. working in fintech, i can certainly tell you that the profile of a SC does NOT match that of a trump supporter.. like 94% of the time

My understanding is that the Qanon folks view trump as a hero. No?

And, he is certainly fond of them:

https://apnews.com/article/tec...706886a876ae6ac298e2

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Can we stop focusing on the whack jobs? There are a lot of them on both extremes. Q-Anon, which I totally don't understand, the foreign terrorist sponsored anti-Israel protesters, or the get Trump anyway you can, legal or illegal group -- oh, that's the DNC.

Posts: 10038 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
President Trump is not being gotten illegally.

The NY judge has went out of his to protect President Trump. He has even objected on his own when President Trump’s defense team has failed to.

The only extreme is you interjection if the DRC.

The DRC has nothing to do w these prosecutions. You never no evidence to the contrary.

If President Trump did not give support and voice to the extremes like W we would not have to inject it.

Remember Greene was the 4 highest funded raising GoP member of the House shouting Q nonsense.

Now a U.S. Senator has stated that believing in a peaceful transition of power makes one Democratic puppet. The extreme, stupid, and dangerous has taken over the wheel of the GOP.

Your stupid, foolish, and non-supported statement that the DRC is directing illegal prosecutions is proof positive.

All you are doing, and those like you, are making it easier for Dems to win elections.

Posts: 10983 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Come on LHeym, its obvious that the Democrat party is pushing get Trump any way that you can, and you have admitted that a number of these cases are somewhat legally shaky.

Its been a position of the Democrats that Trump should be tried. There has been legal precedent both ways.

This current NY case is an example. The feds already ruled (the elections commission) that this was not a campaign finance issue that would/should be brought. At best, NY should be bringing a tax action under NY law that they are owed taxes on the portion of the Daniels payments that were falsely called legal fees and they are owed the increase in taxes.

Trump's interjection of the whole Q nonsense is political. The Democrats are in a position where their behavior leads to the question of whether their acts are more political.

A US Senator stating that believing in a peaceful transfer of power is making you a democratic puppet is a BS statement. Its not true. You know that. (I'm not arguing that the fool didn't say what was said, I am arguing that its such a foolish statement that it should be scoffed at and used to humiliate that senator, not try and use it as a blanket attack on your political opposition.)

Posts: 10668 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pure partisan nonsense.

The prosecutions are not brought and by the DRC.

It is tin hat stupid. Like Q is tin hat stupid.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Pure partisan nonsense.

The prosecutions are not brought and by the DRC.

It is tin hat stupid. Like Q is tin hat stupid.

you don't actually listen to other people, do you?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure what the Congo has to do with it...

(if it was intermittent finger flip, it would not be consistently DRC not to mention its a long way on the keyboard)...

As to the DNC, is or is not Bragg a Democrat?

Have or have not the Democrats been extensively stating Trump should be tried to keep him from reentering the White House?

I don't disagree that Trump should be adjudicated for realistic legal wrongdoings.

Given the FEC ruled that Trump's issues that the NY court is putting him on trial for were not sufficient for them to charge him on, the idea that the State of NY knows better and that Bragg (a political animal like most AG's) decides to go after him anyway is at least in my mind political.

There are plenty of things that I think make sense to go after Trump for. This was not one of them.

The fact that Democrat politically self labeled AG's are going after Trump with a laundry list of charges in shotgun style in a bevy of courts is exactly why the right is calling it a political witch hunt and getting some traction.

The business regarding his charges with regards to classified information (which is being brought federally) would both be a lot stronger in the absence of the apparently political charges and would be much cleaner and quicker to be settled then.

How many jurisdictions and how many different charges? Is the FEC/FBI/DOJ so incompetent that they can't find any of the evidence but Bragg can?

That the DOJ didn't bring the charges, that the FEC didn't support any charges make this look very much like Bragg is doing this as a political motivation. Thus, if you are not a Democrat, you say DNC involvement.

Do I think that the head of the DNC sat down and sent marching orders to their minions and this is all some master plan?

No.

But it is a systemic political play.

What do a GA Democrat DA, A NY Democrat DA, and so on have in common? Especially when they are going further than a DOJ headed by a AG appointed by a Democrat president.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, the Joe Biden is telling state prosecutors what to do.

You have went full tin fool.

John Eastman is nobody’s pawn. Neither are the others.

DOJ cannot bring state charges.

Maybe that is why DOJ did not take these charges. Eastman has election interference charges in Fed court too.

You are as nutty as any sovereign citizen.

Show me evidence that President Biden or the DNC has told these prosecutors what to do?

Oh, you cannot. Only Republicans with Nixon can do things illegally and leave evidence behind.

I guess all the juror Ms that have found President Trump engaged in tort is sexual assault received instructions pumped into the jury room.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Where did anyone say that?

Yet NY State is claiming that the felonious part of the charge is that it was aimed at the federal election, which by the way, if it is the case is not a NY state issue, it is throughout the country, and thus a federal issue (or at least that is the way you have been insisting, and the federal government has been insisting on immigration...)

Maybe that is why DOJ did not take these charges. Eastman has election interference charges in Fed court too.
The election fraud part is federal. The tax fraud part is both federal and state- if he illicitly hid moneys due to be taxed, he hid them from both the feds and the state(s). Why is this only being charged in NY state?

Show me evidence that President Biden or the DNC has told these prosecutors what to do?
Biden has publicly said that Trump should be held accountable... which is fine as far as it goes.

Why are various hard democrat individuals bringing charges and the moderates not? Yes, I can get why Trump GOP types are not, if you buy that they are scared of the man... either the majority are seeing this as not getting to the point where a "reasonable court" would bring the charge (either due to its political nature or it being unlikely to succeed... same argument re HRC's charges that you repeat ad nauseum...)

Oh, you cannot. Only Republicans with Nixon can do things illegally and leave evidence behind.

I guess all the juror Ms that have found President Trump engaged in tort is sexual assault received instructions pumped into the jury room.

One of Us
Picture of Nakihunter
posted Hide Post
I met one about 15 years ago. Even went fishing with him in a group charter for 4 hours and caught a lot of fish.

He was pretty smart and was making money with some trading system where he got a tiny percentage of lots of transaction around the world because he had a hand in the original software development.

I wondered how these people could get a passport, visa and travel abroad?

"When the wind stops....start rowing. When the wind starts, get the sail up quick."

Posts: 11007 | Location: New Zealand | Registered: 02 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Where did anyone say that?

Yet NY State is claiming that the felonious part of the charge is that it was aimed at the federal election, which by the way, if it is the case is not a NY state issue, it is throughout the country, and thus a federal issue (or at least that is the way you have been insisting, and the federal government has been insisting on immigration...)

The election fraud part is federal. The tax fraud part is both federal and state- if he illicitly hid moneys due to be taxed, he hid them from both the feds and the state(s). Why is this only being charged in NY state?

Biden has publicly said that Trump should be held accountable... which is fine as far as it goes.

Why are various hard democrat individuals bringing charges and the moderates not? Yes, I can get why Trump GOP types are not, if you buy that they are scared of the man... either the majority are seeing this as not getting to the point where a "reasonable court" would bring the charge (either due to its political nature or it being unlikely to succeed... same argument re HRC's charges that you repeat ad nauseum...)

I repeat it because you falsely characterize what happened w HRX. At this point, you intentionally try to deceive the HRC case. My position is not opinion, it is the status of the law. I also only bring it up when you ensue in your definition to prevent your false narrative from becoming @truth.”

If you want to prove Comey a lier, all you have to do is go read the Fed caselaw on the subject and brief it for us. Until you do that, you do not Eve an educated opinion. You simply have a falsehood. Of course, to do that correctly you will need all the facts that DOJ had. Most of those facts were provided to you by Comey. Yet, you reject them. Facts such as HRC cooperated.

You really should think Comey because the manner of that investigation really helped elect President Trump.

Think of it this way, many said what HRC did w classified documents may not have been illegal. However, the handling of documents showed poor judgment and not worth of the Presidency.

Compare that to President Trumps various and worse malfeasances. The least not being convincing folks like Dr. Easter and Jtex that the election was at least “irregular” at worst stolen, irreparably corrupted.

That alone, crime notwithstanding, mandates President Strunk bring repugnant for office. Let us not forget he is the only candidate who called for the suspension of the Constitution w his reinstatement to power. Somehow, that became the constitutional correct action to some in the right.

It is not President Biden that makes President Trump viable. It is the corruption of the GOP by this MAGA, Christian Nationalist movement that seeks to relitigate every loss since 1936z it does not matter what President Biden’s policies are. Any Democrat would be the evil democrat that only President Ttump can be the sword to create society in their image. The continuation of President Trump is the continuation of that agenda. Project 25 is real and over 800 pages on the Heritage Foundation site. The false, Federalist Society is real.

Senator calling the concept of a peaceful transition of power a point of the Democratic machine is real. That Senator sounds just like you and Lavaca by the way. That Senator is real.

President Trump is not the problem. The agenda that birthed President Trumps from the Rigjt is the problem. They care not about the ideals of our Constitutional democracy. They care only about destroying the body collective agreed upon by the people and judicial application of Federal law, including the Constitution, since 1937.

Thus, destroying without evidence the integrity of the election. See President Trump’s Fed court cases dismissed on the pleading for failure to plead evidence of the claim. Is acceptable in a candidate.

The fact President Obama prevented such calls does not matter as all Democrats are evil.

The fact that Al Gore took affirmative action to ensure the peaceful transition of power does not matter. All Democrats are evil. All Democrats hate America.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Methinks Dr. Butler may watch too much Fox News.

Posts: 6164 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Naki, I got the impression they make up what rules to follow or not on a whim. Much of what I heard didnt work either. The fellow I talked to was no dummy either.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
Methinks Dr. Butler may watch too much Fox News.

lol.

I haven’t watched Fox News in over 4 years now.

I do look at their web site, but their new registration wall has pretty much stopped me reading it-

Even then, it usually results in searching for the topic.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
As to HRC cooperating, I find that a bit disingenuous.

She is a highly educated lawyer. Several on her staff were also. They had annual training on record retention.

They very thoroughly destroyed these records, and then after making sure they were deleted, all the sudden became “cooperative”…

The line between very negligent and criminally negligent is rather blurry. They undoubtedly did a lot verbally and thus records are not kept.

The point being, HRC was being evaluated and charged by people who were at least neutral to her.

To compare to Trump, the folks who used the same judgement parameters recommended against charges. (Feds re the Daniels/campaign finance items). It was left to officially partisan democrats in NYS to file this charge. IIRC, the DOJ requested they drop the matter at times.

So how can you argue there is no partisan bias in the NYS charges?

The charges I am more convinced are proper are the security documents issues.

I also think that if a left leaning person had made the stupid comments the GOP senator made, it would be reported as a gaffe, and no one would be trying to brand about a third of the populace as not believing in free elections.

Near as I can tell, the right wing loon crowd is not saying that peaceful transfer of power is bad, or that fair elections are bad… they are claiming that what we are doing is not a fair and accurate election.

They are I think mostly incorrect there, but they do have some points that I would like to see addressed- like illicit voting being stopped before it can contaminate the vote pool as opposed to the statements that the numbers (that they can provably identify) are insignificant.