Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rebuilding Gaza Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Someday Israel will stop blowing up buildings in Gaza. Either Hamas will be wiped out (unlikely), Israel will get tired of doing it, or the US will get tired of funding it.

Some day it will be over.

When it's over, there will come cries for funds to rebuild Gaza. Who do you think will be expected to pay for most of the rebuilding? Some sonofabitch in the executive branch will give away millions, maybe billions, of dollars for a worthless handshake and signature on a peace treaty.

That's right: we'll be paying to rebuild what our own weapons destroyed. Not for the first time.

Get your checkbooks out, folks.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Don’t vote for Democrats.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
with the rebuild, will there be a map of the tunnel systems?

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

That would be a good start.

If we didn't have such a weak and feckless govt in place, thank you slo joe, it wouldn't even be a question....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
with the rebuild, will there be a map of the tunnel systems?

Catacombs...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe the palestinians will finally learn that gutter Americanism "FAFO" and will change their behavior.

In my mind its impossible to make someone love someone else... but you can make them afraid of the consequences for hurting them.

As to rebuilding it... of course we will and the government will pay the folks who made the most campaign contributions to do it.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I thought FAFO was a basic tenant of existence - my old man sure thought you -- he'd tell me "you can do what you want, just be ready to pay the bill" .. which is FAFO in boomer

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
who do you think was giving them the pipe to build their missiles with in the first place?
their food?
gasoline?

hint.
they wear blue helmets.

their water come from Israel, I guess the ocean wasn't close enough for their liking.

Posts: 4980 | Location: soda springs,id | Registered: 02 April 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
I won't be contributing nor advocating for the rebuilding of Gaza.
There are plenty of Arab nations and Islamic brothers and sisters that have more than the capacity to pitch in.

If Israel allows Gaza to be rebuilt, and I have to wonder why they would id suggest a DMZ on Korean scale.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
What you wanna bet their Muslim brothers contribute jackshit to rebuild Gaza. They will, of course, contribute money to Hamas, just like they were during before the current shitstorm hit. Hamas leadership was/is living in luxury in Doha while the peons and foot soldiers pay the price.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
What you wanna bet their Muslim brothers contribute jackshit to rebuild Gaza. They will, of course, contribute money to Hamas, just like they were during before the current shitstorm hit. Hamas leadership was/is living in luxury in Doha while the peons and foot soldiers pay the price.

They sympathize with the Palestinians just less than I do.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
There are plenty of Arab nations and Islamic brothers and sisters that have more than the capacity to pitch in.

If Israel allows Gaza to be rebuilt, and I have to wonder why they would id suggest a DMZ on Korean scale.

+1

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

If we didn't have such a weak and feckless govt in place, thank you slo joe, it wouldn't even be a question....

How do you think it would have been any different if your man Trump was now in office? Ridiculous. Most of the world doesn't care who's in our White House.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Want to bet you won't be paying, along with the rest of us?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:
quote:

How do you think it would have been any different if your man Trump was now in office? Ridiculous. Most of the world doesn't care who's in our White House.

1) There would be no brakes put on Israel
2) Trump would not spend money rebuilding Gaza.

Lastly, if you don’t think the rest of the world cares who is in the WH…you don’t get out much. With the DSC & SCI conventions happening, I have had the opportunity to talk to folks from all over the globe with many staying at my guest home. EVERYBODY knows…EVERYBODY cares.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
We aren't putting brakes on Israel now.

Everyone in your circle may care, but why don't you ask your next African tracker if he cares?

You really don't know the man you plan to vote for. Trump will do and say anything if it makes him popular. Funding Gaza's rebuild would make any president popular in the world.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
We aren't putting brakes on Israel now.

We certainly have drawn some hedge lines when all we should be saying is go-get’m we got your back.

Everyone in your circle may care, but why don't you ask your next African tracker if he cares?

Every tracker I have asked knows who the current US President is. They knew Bush, and especially 0bama and Trump.

You really don't know the man you plan to vote for.

I know more about Trump than any presidential candidate I have ever voted for in my lifetime! He is the only President whom I can say that I know his son.

Some I know about Trump I like, some I dislike. But I like the net effect I vote for.

Trump will do and say anything if it makes him popular.

As does Biden, as did 0bama…as do ALL politicians.

Funding Gaza's rebuild would make any president popular in the world.

I don’t agree with that^^^necessarily.

Trump was/will be an America First President. He would be the least likely person in the WH to spend money in Gaza on infrastructure…you even know that.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Do you think Hamas cared who was in the White House before they launched their atrocities last October?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Do you think Hamas cared who was in the White House before they launched their atrocities last October?

Is that a joke?

100% they did!!!

Those Hamas leaders are terrorists. They should be hung. But, they ain’t dummies and are very calculating.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Lastly, if you don’t think the rest of the world cares who is in the WH…you don’t get out much. With the DSC & SCI conventions happening, I have had the opportunity to talk to folks from all over the globe with many staying at my guest home. EVERYBODY knows…EVERYBODY cares.

We haven't put any brakes on Israel.

What happens to the 2.1 million men, women and children in the Gaza Strip? Do they just disappear?

I hardly think the folks attending the DSC and SCI conventions represent an accurate cross-section of the world population's opinions.....even if they have been staying at your "guest home." Roll Eyes

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15120 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

As stated…we certainly have set some hedge lines.

What happens to the 2.1 million men, women and children in the Gaza Strip? Do they just disappear?

They will NEVER live in peace with Israel…NEVER.

I would suggest there Arab brethren relocate them. PLENTY of room in the ME. Syria would even be a better home for them.

I hardly think the folks attending the DSC and SCI conventions represent an accurate cross-section of the world population's opinions

And by making that statement…you reveal your ignorance about what you speak.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I would suggest there Arab brethren relocate them. PLENTY of room in the ME. Syria would even be a better home for them.

I hardly think the folks attending the DSC and SCI conventions represent an accurate cross-section of the world population's opinions

Simplistic idiot with no real solutions. Just slogans and bullshit.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Simplistic idiot with no real solutions. Just slogans and bullshit.

As opposed to your philosophical genius and think tank quality solutions??? animal

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Want to bet you won't be paying, along with the rest of us?

Im not a betting man so no thanks. Regardless, it's obvious to me that Hamas is the Palestinians/ the Palestinians are Hamas and id prefer to let them rebuild their hospitals dba ammunition dumps all by themselves.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Carpet bomb the place and pave it over.
Send the Palestinians to Iran, Yemen and Saudi Arabia. The great governor of Texas can set up the buses....

Posts: 10186 | Location: Texas... time to secede!! | Registered: 12 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
From a distance, it looks much like Mariuopol. Burn it to the ground and rebuild it with a new population and new owners. A dreary outcome, as old as history itself and mirrors the expulsion of Jews from just about everywhere else in the Middle East. Maybe there will never be an end to it, unless some AI Overlord realizes that the one sure way to end human warfare is to kill all of the humans.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Burn it to the ground and rebuild it with a new population and new owners.

That would be my recommendation.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Is that a joke?

100% they did!!!

Those Hamas leaders are terrorists. They should be hung. But, they ain’t dummies and are very calculating.

By your reasoning, I guess bin Laden and company chose 9/11 because they detected weakness in Bush II.

And I guess Obama never experienced a big terrorist attack because the terrorists were all afraid of him, right?

The rest of the world doesn't always turn on who's in the White House. Those October terrorists had their own timetable.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Is that a joke?

100% they did!!!

By your reasoning, I guess bin Laden and company chose 9/11 because they detected weakness in Bush II.

The 9/11 attack had been in the planning for sometime. It happened early in Bush’s tenure.

And I guess Obama never experienced a big terrorist attack because the terrorists were all afraid of him, right?

That is setting a high bar as the vast majority of US presidents never incurred a major terror attack. That said, MUCH escalated in the ME and with Russia under 0bama.

The rest of the world doesn't always turn on who's in the White House.

With the descriptor of “always”…I agree. But a lot of the time it does.

Those October terrorists had their own timetable. Which began under Bill Clinton.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
One thing the Middle East has that the US lacks, is patients.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

And you just lost all credibility -
OSB attacked the WTC, the first time, in 1993 -- "early" in Clinton's first term -- and then Clinton admits he "could have killed" OSB
https://abcnews.go.com/US/bill...in/story?id=24801422

it takes ~ 22 months to get trained to fly jets - hmm, let's roll that calendar back and rethink this, k?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look! Over there!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

OSB attacked the WTC, the first time, in 1993 -- "early" in Clinton's first term -- and then Clinton admits he "could have killed" OSB

it takes ~ 22 months to get trained to fly jets - hmm, let's roll that calendar back and rethink this, k?

Come on. HAMAS' decision to attack Israel has zero to do with Biden being POTUS. What else could the US do that they haven't done, short of putting boots on the ground, to assist Israel in its fight against HAMAS?

Anybody that thinks that trump being POTUS would have been a deterrent to HAMAS is dreaming.

All that said, the conflict has turned into exactly what it has always been: a stalemate. The Israeli's are stalled and HAMAS is holding on. They are never going to stop. It's the same lesson that the US never learns: you can't beat a lethal and determined enemy that lives among and has the support of their people. Vietnam and Afghanistan proved that.

The OCtober 7 attack on Israel pretty much guarantees the continuation of the situation for the foreseeable future. Israel is never going to negotiate with people who use the kind of tactics we saw that day. And, they shouldn't.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
You shouting at me, Mike? Roland brought up 9/11 - OBS

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
9/11 happened on Bush's watch. But that wasn't my point.

My point is that it's absurd to say Hamas attacked Israel because Biden is the US president, especially given precedent for other terrorist attacks.

Advancing the contrary argument does cost one credibility.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

My point is that it's absurd to say Hamas attacked Israel because Biden is the US president, especially given precedent for other terrorist attacks.

But no doubt it was a factor in timing.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You have nothing but speculation to support that opinion.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Trump's campaign is failing, they will try anything, up to and including inciting a civil war in Texas, to try to rescue him.

By the way, my money is on the 1st Cav at Cavazos and the 1st Armored at Bliss over whatever Texas Guard and Rangers don't run when they hear those columns of tanks coming from two directions.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Come on. HAMAS' decision to attack Israel has zero to do with Biden being POTUS. What else could the US do that they haven't done, short of putting boots on the ground, to assist Israel in its fight against HAMAS?

Anybody that thinks that trump being POTUS would have been a deterrent to HAMAS is dreaming.

All that said, the conflict has turned into exactly what it has always been: a stalemate. The Israeli's are stalled and HAMAS is holding on. They are never going to stop. It's the same lesson that the US never learns: you can't beat a lethal and determined enemy that lives among and has the support of their people. Vietnam and Afghanistan proved that.

The OCtober 7 attack on Israel pretty much guarantees the continuation of the situation for the foreseeable future. Israel is never going to negotiate with people who use the kind of tactics we saw that day. And, they shouldn't.

Hamas, ISIS, the Taliban, etc,....are driven by their own fervor, nothing more . Id never believe for a moment any of them consider who's POTUS. I would be inclined to believe they are influenced by how many times America gives up and goes away.