New
Find
Notify
Tools

Rebuilding Gaza Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree w the above.

I also agree with a non-militarized zone with a permanent ban on Hamas and its imaginary such as what happened w Nazis Party in Germany.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The men who plan Hamas actions live in mansions in Qatar. They are masters at reading politics and public opinion and preying on both. Netanyahu would have got nothing from Trump but a greenlight, money, ammunition, and a pat on the back. They were good friends. Hamas needs the Palestinian loving sect of the Democratic Party to help with the war of public opinion.

Anyone who thinks they didn’t weigh in the factor of who was in the WH on timing…just doesn’t pay close attention.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
The men who plan Hamas actions live in mansions in Qatar. They are masters at reading politics and public opinion and preying on both. Netanyahu would have got nothing from Trump but a greenlight, money, ammunition, and a pat on the back. They were good friends. Hamas needs the Palestinian loving sect of the Democratic Party to help with the war of public opinion.

Anyone who thinks they didn’t weigh in the factor of who was in the WH on timing…just doesn’t pay close attention.

Ok, maybe, but as has been said, 9/11 happened with "W". So it's possible that regardless who's POTUS, the Afghans were counting on a lack of American resolve and gee whiz, they were right.

I just had a random thought that hey! Maybe it is a good thing we are an indirect Democracy. Wouldn't it be unfortunate for Americans like myself to be voting on initiatives that micromanage foreign policy for the United States. So, we elect "Rulers" to go to D.C. that are intelligent and experienced to do it for us.

Whoops! That didn't work! "W" and Obama and Trump really screwed that one up in Afghanistan, Biden coming in dead last for just giving it all to the Taliban.

No, I'm not going to "pay close attention". Foreign Policy/ Foreign Entanglements aren't my strong suit and I've got real time problems outside my door on my front lawn. Now it's been well documented that our "Rulers" ain't got their Foreign Affairs to well together either, so as an American voter I think I'll keep it simple, (stupid) and just say no.

No new wars, no new armies and departments, initiatives and bailouts. No to inserting the USA in foreign conflicts, no to foreign aid, no to nation building, no to Introducing Democracy.

There were 2400 Americans killed in Afghanistan and 21,000 wounded and today the Taliban reigns supreme.

If the "pro's" that we hire can't do it, if Joe the Plumber can't do it, it seems the obvious choice is not to do it.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
lack of American resolve

Agreed…been saying it for years.

Started with Korea, culminated with Viet Nam, tried to lessen after 9/11, but ultimately resurfaced its ugly head with a vengeance in the 21st.

The Offspring of the Greatest Generation are entitled and weak people.

As we have seen…will take an event of exponentially greater magnitude than 9/11…to change that attitude.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

It was Trump who blamed October's attack on Netanyahu. He also praised Hezbollah.

Where do get your stupid conclusions?

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Genius and smart are not exclusive of evil. Hitler was a genius in a way. How else could a corporal in the German Army in WWI rise to where he did. Smart, for sure, genius, probably, crazy as hell and evil, for sure.

Posts: 10035 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote