THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Well, well, well…NPR is liberally biased after all and determined to stay so
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Well, well, well…NPR is liberally biased after all and determined to stay so Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
https://freebeacon.com/media/n...tworks-liberal-bias/

https://www.thefp.com/p/npr-ed...out-how-national-0ec

https://nypost.com/2024/04/16/...-left-wing-bias/amp/

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
anyone that listens to them for more than 10 minutes knows they are liberal - but TRY to place the wording as "compassionate" .. except only to their chosen causes

i mean, i seriously wouldn't be surprised if steve and peckerwood showed up to do a talk on support of hamas

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
anyone that listens to them for more than 10 minutes knows they are liberal - but TRY to place the wording as "compassionate" .. except only to their chosen causes

i mean, i seriously wouldn't be surprised if steve and peckerwood showed up to do a talk on support of hamas

Says the guy who claims J the 6th is equivalent to a sit in.

Carry on Jeffe....

You both seem to LOVE bias, it would appear though that would only include bias towards your own world view.

Steve tu2

P.S. Jeffe,
I was wondering, as the crow flies, just how far is BFE Texas from Peckerwood County?

Asking for a friend Big Grin

Posts: 188 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is telling is that NPR suspended the guy for saying what he did… that is not the act of a journalistic institution with integrity.

Did he tell a lie?

Was he wrong?

Per NPR, no.

He used their identities to label them. He made the feel “unsafe”…

Tells me that my “false equivalency” was actually a full up equivalent.

As Jeffeoso said… hardly a surprise if you spend 10 minutes listening to them that they are liberal progressives; but I had thought they would at least have the grace to be embarrassed by the revelation.

Posts: 10589 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont listen to music, so if I turn on a radio when working in the shop, it is usually NPR.
For several years now, when they have call in's to a news cast, they no longer let opposing questions be asked of the guest speaker. They are all screened to have only affirming questions.
They are perfectly fine letting outright lies be told by guest speakers now, and not confront them about it. I take much of what I hear on NPR with a grain of salt until I can fact check them.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I dont listen to music

How unfortunate, one of the more enjoyable arts in my opinion. I really could not imagine life without music. Looking forward to seeing the Stones in a couple of months, like fine wine, they just keep improving with age.

Posts: 188 | Location: Boulder mountains | Registered: 09 February 2024Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Bertram:
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:

Says the guy who claims J the 6th is equivalent to a sit in.

Carry on Jeffe....

You both seem to LOVE bias, it would appear though that would only include bias towards your own world view.

Steve tu2

P.S. Jeffe,
I was wondering, as the crow flies, just how far is BFE Texas from Peckerwood County?

Asking for a friend Big Grin

i wouldn't precisely know how far, steve - i live within the metro area of the largest metro, and work within the metro of the second largest - oh, and both of which have greater populations than the entire states of CO or TN -- it's just WEIRD -- like i actually KNOW what I am talking about ... rather than oral flatulence

I do declare that interrupting official business exactly equals interrupting official business -- oh, and look, the SCOTUS is hearing exactly that cause today --

aint it weird?

You still backing hamas, huh? not a peep of denial

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38460 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bias is like grapes.

Some are sweet. Some are sour.

It depends on the fertilizer and intent and quality of the vine. Some are rancid by design and genetically.

Here's an example of rancid:

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...c5fa6047ffcf10&ei=26

The only response this 'manufactured mayhem' deserves is contempt

=================================================================

The problem is this "mayhem" is totally manufactured by Trump as a consequence of his own actions. What degree of bias does it take to flip that fact? Further. what degree of bias does it take to believe the flip?

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19646 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
No Jeffe, never once have I supported Hamas, though I have expressed understanding for the frustrations of the Palestinians. That is not equivalent, a concept you seem to struggle with.

Does a sit in equate to assaulting a police officer? Yeah, I totally agree, not even close. Does a sit in equate to damaging the capital building? Yeah, not really even close. Does a sit in equate to sending false electors to Congress or calling Raffensperger and asking for him to find 11,780 votes? Not really Jeffe, not even close.

What I find weird is your tag line "Dump Trump", yet you defend his actions and those the the people who tried to help him steal the election. Why is it that you feel Trump should be dumped? You sure seem to be solidly in his corner. Weird indeed Jeffe, very, very weird. Big Grin

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Music is simply noise to me Steve. I dont need to fill in space in my head. Right now I can hear the spring peepers outside my windows, or even the wind is all I need to hear.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
I dont listen to music

How unfortunate, one of the more enjoyable arts in my opinion. I really could not imagine life without music. Looking forward to seeing the Stones in a couple of months, like fine wine, they just keep improving with age.

Ive seen them. Great show.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Music is simply noise to me Steve. I dont need to fill in space in my head. Right now I can hear the spring peepers outside my windows, or even the wind is all I need to hear.

We can't all be the same that is for sure. I spend plenty of time in nature and enjoy it and all the sounds it has to offer. I have seen hundreds of shows and could not imagine life without music. Plenty of people find sports interesting, I am not one of them. Watching other people play a game is just not my cup of tea. Enjoy those peepers TB40, Spring is a lovely time of year.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by zebrazapper:
quote:
quote:
I dont listen to music

You know it, I last caught them in 2015.

Keith just dropped a sweet cover of "Waiting On My Man" for a Lou Reed tribute album, top notch stuff, that guys is a treasure.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I don’t think the stones are getting better with time.

Nostalgia? Absolutely.

But they are not particularly relevant in the music industry as ongoing innovators.

I’m glad they still feel like touring, but face it, it’s a nostalgia kick not the new popularity.

Posts: 10589 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

Nostalgia? Absolutely.

But they are not particularly relevant in the music industry as ongoing innovators.

I’m glad they still feel like touring, but face it, it’s a nostalgia kick not the new popularity.

I have the same arguments with my youngest son.

I couldn't actually name anyone he listens to but its pretty rappey. I ask him if "insert todays Rapper du jour" will still be listened to in 30 or 40 years. I play him dark side of the moon and he quite likes it, tho he's never heard of the album before.

Posts: 7158 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Thomas "Ty" Beaham
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

Nostalgia? Absolutely.

I have the same arguments with my youngest son.

I couldn't actually name anyone he listens to but its pretty rappey. I ask him if "insert todays Rapper du jour" will still be listened to in 30 or 40 years. I play him dark side of the moon and he quite likes it, tho he's never heard of the album before.

Let me guess...

Pete & Bas? rotflmo

Posts: 2927 | Location: Arizona | Registered: 07 February 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
I dont listen to music

You know it, I last caught them in 2015.

Keith just dropped a sweet cover of "Waiting On My Man" for a Lou Reed tribute album, top notch stuff, that guys is a treasure.

A while ago I watched them cover Bob Wills is Still the King on Austin City Limits i think. Magical.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I also liked older voice Guy Clark better than younger Guy Clark.

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am happy to admit that a number of the bands I really liked as a teen are still touring.

Some are gone.

I don’t think any of them will be played as much in 100 years as Beethoven or Mozart.

Pink Floyd is great… as are The Rolling Stones or the Beatles… but only one still tours in any relationship to what they were while they were creating, and they are what they are- great performers who created a genre that is a basis for popular culture.

I’d rather listen to a Stones studio album now than go to any live concert- the hassle way outweighs the thrill of seeing a live performance. Now, go and see a band at a local small venue? That I’m still doing.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw Elton John in a naia college basketball ball gym for peanuts.

I also got to see Travis Tritt in a bar. Not the biggest fan, but he did an intermission. The lights black, and all of a sudden you heard an electric mandolin and rebel yell. As the lights went up he was doing copperhead road. Loved it.

St the Knoxville Theater we are on the second row for Jason Isabel.

We also saw Finger Death Punch there of all places.

I will not go to a stadium or arena show.

I went from Paganini to Chopin as of late.

Whenever I get back from a trip I play Guy Clark’s Dublin Blues (live from Austin City limits from 2015) to Becca.

Posts: 10821 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

LA Freeway is an anthem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I have seen Elton John twice. Once with full band and once solo with just his piano. Neither ticket was cheap. In unrelated news the girl i took to the first show cost me much more in the long run.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I have seen Elton John twice. Once with full band and once solo with just his piano. Neither ticket was cheap. In unrelated news the girl i took to the first show cost me much more in the long run.

Tickets were 200 something a piece. I am truly sorry about the ancillary cost.

The gym was in Johnson City TN.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tickets were 200 something a piece. I am truly sorry about the ancillary cost.

The gym was in Johnson City TN.

Five Finger Deathpunch is a strong one too. I have never seen them so i envy you.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw FFDP at UT (University Of Knoxville).

Love them . We played M.I.N.E at my mom’s funeral, and their cover of Gone Away at my brother’s funeral.

The lead guitarist has left the band since then. I saw them during right after Covid. No one was there.

Bad Wolves and Three Day’s Grace Opened.
Bad Wolves had their original lead singer at the time. 3 Day’s Grace had long replaced their lead singer. However, the kid they were using was good. They did Seven Nation Army.

It was right after Covid. So, no one was there.

When I was in law school, we went to a number of ballets. We went to a Paganini concert. I saw my first play 2 years ago in London, “ The Wood of White Hall. Loved it. I just agave not been near a place to see a play since.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Only caught him once, on E-town here in Boulder, a really good show.

Robert Earl Keen is no longer touring but saw him open for Tyler Childers in 2019, superb show.

Roger Waters puts on a jaw dropping show, I saw him do Dark Side and The Wall, just awesome.

Caught Merle Haggard open for Dylan in a small venue in Denver, saw Dylan in Telluride town park(Best venue EVER) as well as many others there.

Saw the Allman Brothers Band(as well as Greg solo) many times, Red Rocks, the Gorge, Fox theater in Atlanta, Macon, Vancouver.

I last saw the Stones in 2015, it was a far better show than when I saw them in 1994.

Neil Young, with CSN, Crazy Horse or solo. I have seen him a bunch, amazing performer, incredible song writer and guitarist.

We are very, very lucky to have Red Rocks so close, my second favorite venue.

I saw the Grateful Dead more than any other band.....more fun than I care to recall, and on a good night they were smoking hot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw Tyler Childers at a private show. Really good. I had no idea it was him. He was in a tux with a Rine stone eagle on the back. I told a few people of my displeasure with this little dudes inappropriate dress.

No one said anything. He then started playing.

My brother and I were traveling home from hunting in North Carolina. We got into TN on I40. Allen Jackson was on the side of the raid in Pigeon Forge giving a feee impromptu concert.

I got to go on stage w Alabama when I was 12.

I always wanted to see George Jones and Terry Allen

Need to see Whiskey Meyer and Cody Jinks.

I wanted to see Jimmy Buffett in a small venue like Savannah, Key West, or Paris when he was not in party mode. I kept putting it off.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Free concerts are great, I caught Warren Haynes and Dave Schools in the parking lot at Red Rocks. Awesome bonus!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rSflwdbmons

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I saw Elton John when he was performing his new "Yellow Brick Road" songs. What a performer and musician. Best concert I ever attended.

Tickets cost the outrageous sum of $8.

Posts: 6094 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I saw Tyler Childers at a private show. Really good. I had no idea it was him. He was in a tux with a Rine stone eagle on the back. I told a few people of my displeasure with this little dudes inappropriate dress.

No one said anything. He then started playing.

My brother and I were traveling home from hunting in North Carolina. We got into TN on I40. Allen Jackson was on the side of the raid in Pigeon Forge giving a feee impromptu concert.

I got to go on stage w Alabama when I was 12.

I always wanted to see George Jones and Terry Allen

Need to see Whiskey Meyer and Cody Jinks.

The guy I'm dying to see is Sturgill Simpson, I had tickets to see him and Tyler Childers but the show was canceled due to Covid. Sturgill has said he is no longer recording solo or touring, he does pop up occasionally in collaborations. He played some shows in Mexico with Bobby weir and some others lately, I'm holding out hope still. Amazing singer, writer and guitar player, the whole package. Nice job on a JJ Cale cover, oh and Dereck Trucks....damn that is some slide work there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o691kntmWes

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look up his cameo on Righteous Gemstones. You can find it on YouTube.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
NPR’s far-left CEO Katherine Maher:
"Our reverence for the truth might be a distraction that’s getting in the way of finding common ground and getting things done."

https://x.com/brithume/status/...616610501288208?s=46

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36531 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
To her point, those of you embracing "alternative facts" are indeed hard to find common ground with I.E. "the election was stolen, Trump won". It is very hard for me to have a rational conversation with those folks who have drank the orange Kool-Aid.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
I am still hung up on “reverence for the truth might be a distraction that’s getting in the way.”

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I am still hung up on someone not listening to music.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
I am still hung up on “reverence for the truth might be a distraction that’s getting in the way.”

Of course you are. Let me help you out. Those of us living in reality, that actually deal in the truth, find the lies being told by Trumpublicans a deal breaker to finding common ground. You are so far down the rabbit hole defending your Orange Jesus that you deny the basic facts surrounding him and his actions.

Trump is a lying, cheating, philandering, fraud who attempted to steal a Presidential election. If the Trumpers could at least admit to those very basic facts, then the truth might not be such a distraction.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

clap

That one hit my funny bone.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Of course you are. Let me help you out. Those of us living in reality, that actually deal in the truth, find the lies being told by Trumpublicans a deal breaker to finding common ground. You are so far down the rabbit hole defending your Orange Jesus that you deny the basic facts surrounding him and his actions.

Trump is a lying, cheating, philandering, fraud who attempted to steal a Presidential election. If the Trumpers could at least admit to those very basic facts, then the truth might not be such a distraction.

The real joke is you in reality. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

Some real music!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

The real joke is you in reality. Wink

I see you still can't admit to the basic facts, no surprise there. coffee