Find
Notify
Tools

President Trump was not joking about grabbing women Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Legislation is not for show. It is how we govern ourselves. Complaining to raise money only to do nothing is for show.

I disagree to a point.

There has been a lot of virtue signalling legislation passed over the years. There have been a lot of acts of congress done that are pointless, from a governing ourselves point of view.

Yes, legislation is important and how we have chosen to govern ourselves, but for you to claim that it is "not for show" shows a blatant disregard of the results for the last several decades- there have been a lot of legislative acts that really accomplish nothing.

As to the courts and CF not being successful while Trump was around- that was the courts and governmental paralysis. You are a lawyer... how long does a case and appeals usually last when both litigants (in this case, the pro hunters and the antis) are willing to spend money on fighting it? Then add the whole pandemic thing and it takes a lot of time.

My first elephant took me over 5 years to get it here... under Obama. Some here never did get their elephant in under the rules. The court cases was too limited.

Posts: 10666 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And Zinke was forced out because of ethics violations.

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/0...an-zinke-ethics.html

However, we know how Dr. Easter feels about ethics. If you are useful to his agenda which should govern us all, ethics do not matter.

We are not talking about President Obama now are we.

Posts: 10979 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Legislation is not for show. It is how we govern ourselves. Complaining to raise money only to do nothing is for show.

And you still believe in the Tooth Fairy.

Posts: 9140 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Supposing the Democrats (literally) prop Biden up in 24, can someone here please point to anything this administration, policy or otherwise they have done which has been successful or made us a better country?

Biden's election got trump out of the White House.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:

And you still believe in the Tooth Fairy.

I believe in the Rule of Law.

Posts: 10979 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
And filled it with someone who can’t remember what he had for breakfast. Of course we have an immensely qualified mattress queen to fill his bed room slippers. Shit, I can’t believe it’s come down to a choice of dog shit or cat shit. WE ARE DOOMED! For once I’m glad that statistically I’ll be dead and gone before the real shit hits the fan and I have no kids to leave in the lurch! Good luck to the night shift…. 2020

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13179 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
The complete lack of border control is enough for impeachment

Except he did send Troops to the boarder.

Of Congress will pass something and take the discretion away from the President’s Office, I would be very happy.

What did the 2016-2018 Congress do with Filibuster Proof Senate? Nothing.

Dr. Easter has no argument we see.

Just one person’s opinion who has not read a word of testimony.
Not true. They built a few miles of very expensive and completely worthless wall.

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of miles58
posted Hide Post
Lane,

Now that a jury of his peers has found him to be a RAPIST AND A LIAR please take your bullshit and just leave quietly while you have any dignity left. This will be a sorry spectacle for the rest of the trials coming and you really haven't demonstrated the wherewithal to withstand what your hero has done to your credibility.

Posts: 961 | Location: Minnesota | Registered: 25 January 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Anybody who still supports the goon with his well documented track record would require a new word to describe, as "stupid" just no longer cuts it.

One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Lane, I suggest that you take a gander at Admiral William McRaven’s book: “The Wisdom of the Bullfrog.” Maybe you will learn something.

McRaven was the man who commanded the capture and death of Osama and the longest serving Navy Seal, hence, the title of “Bullfrog.” He goes to great lengths to write of the need for integrity in a leader. A leader without character will eventually and always lead his people off a cliff

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The issue is partially character.

I keep hearing about President Trump’s policies.

However, the only things I see caused President Biden to get elected.

The man is a failure all around.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
Anybody who still supports the goon with his well documented track record would require a new word to describe, as "stupid" just no longer cuts it.

There may indeed, be still worse choices. With the large number of potential candidates, I expect to see one or two of that variety of losers.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14391 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sometimes pussies grab back!

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1217 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Shit, I can’t believe it’s come down to a choice of dog shit or cat shit. WE ARE DOOMED!

BINGO.

The bigger problem is that all politicians should be scrutinized equally and prosecuted the same. This is something that never happens though.

I'd personally like to see political office NOT allowed to be a lifetime career, ever, at any level (local, state, fed). That's the best way to cull the bad genes out. After that, outlawing any form of donations. Lobbyists be banned. Violators to suffer life in prison, no parole. Take away all special health care and pensions. They get no more, no less than the rest of use.

~Ann

Posts: 19171 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
There may indeed, be still worse choices.

Santos, MTG, Lake, Boebert, all are equally inept. DeSantis is probably the most dangerous, the ambition to rule undeterred with more brains than trump.