THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    The more I see of Mike Johnson…the better I like him!
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The more I see of Mike Johnson…the better I like him! Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted
https://www.foxnews.com/video/6340223164112

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A partisan tool, as predicted.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Nancy was total bipartisan politician right?

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The more I see of Mike Johnson…the better I like him!

Of course you do!!!!

Technically, if the court case in Colorado goes against Trump, establishes that the riot on 1/6 was insurrection and the 14th sec 3 is valid, then Mike Johnson is disqualified from holding office, per the constitution, which he claims to cherish.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...70126a6d2f2f71&ei=37

And, BTW, Fox News is pure poison of the mind, the country, the constitution. But, it's free speech.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/mone...70126a6d2f2f71&ei=79

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19781 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, what a terrific idea. Let's compromise the government's ability to collect tax revenue so we can send more tax revenue to Israel.

Stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard. But, popular with the usual moron suspects for sure.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15132 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . kooks of a feather flock together.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Fascist Fodder.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19781 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Democrats will always support more government agents, regardless of the agency, and will see any proposal to reduce same as bordering on treason! Bill.

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
Democrats will always support more government agents, regardless of the agency, and will see any proposal to reduce same as bordering on treason! Bill.

And the current crop of Republicans will do all they can to make sure Government does not function as it should, then they will point out that it is broken.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:

Nancy Pelosi was the epitome of a “partisan tool.”

Nancy on the AFA: “You have to pass it to see what is in it.” A bill written behind closed doors by affiliates of the 0bama administration with zero debate on the content.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

A kook that was able to garner unanimous party consent…more so than McCarthy (who you didn’t see me championing his ouster). He easily signed on all the moderates. That speaks highly of him. And, while I never saw him on the radar…I am pleasantly pleased. He looks to be a salt-of-the-earth type human being.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

Nancy on the AFA: “You have to pass it to see what is in it.” A bill written behind closed doors by affiliates of the 0bama administration with zero debate on the content.

A classic case of whataboutism. You never fail to disappoint. Wink

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

A classic case of whataboutism. You never fail to disappoint. Wink

Anyone active in politics of the 21st that has learned anything about the process we employ…is that sometimes you have to fight fire with fire. If you haven’t learned that lesson…you are pretty much relegated to the sideline.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:

A kook that was able to garner unanimous party consent…more so than McCarthy (who you didn’t see me championing his ouster). He easily signed on all the moderates. That speaks highly of him. And, while I never saw him on the radar…I am pleasantly pleased. He looks to be a salt-of-the-earth type human being.

Salt-of-the-earth = Someone that looks like, thinks like and supports the positions I advocate

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Johnson got 4 more votes than McCarthy after who the kooks wanted to cast got tossed.

That is not unanimous endorsement of your foolishness. It also will cost you the House.

Posts: 10960 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Yeah, what a terrific idea. Let's compromise the government's ability to collect tax revenue so we can send more tax revenue to Israel.

Stupidest fucking thing I've ever heard. But, popular with the usual moron suspects for sure.

What kind of Country will we have if some rich folks and corporations have to pay the taxes they've been evading for years?

Auditing those with platoons of lawyers is expensive so we need to keep IRS funding low so they can only audit people who don't make millions.

The mere fact that auditing the rich returns $12 for every $1 spent is immaterial...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Isn’t any sort of leadership position in congress by definition partisan?

I’m hoping Johnson rises to the occasion. Some have, some haven’t.

Even blind partisans do find the acorn occasionally.

Posts: 10662 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

By House rules which I posted previously, the Speaker is suppose to be impartial and protect the minority.

Posts: 10960 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Johnson got 4 more votes than McCarthy after who the kooks wanted to cast got tossed.

That is not unanimous endorsement of your foolishness. It also will cost you the House.

The only (R) who didn’t vote for him was absent and voiced support. That is unanimous (R) support.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

By House rules which I posted previously, the Speaker is suppose to be impartial and protect the minority.

Like Nancy Pelosi?

One of the longer standing speakers I know of.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Like Nancy Pelosi?

The longest standing speaker I know of.

What about

What about

What about

That is not a debating technique Lane. Your welcome.

Steve

Wink

One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, your side gets to ignore house rules and that gets a pass…

But when the GOP does it, it’s a violation?

Johnson has a duty to protect minority rights per house rules, but the election process is purely partisan.

Otherwise the speaker would be from the minority party in order to protect minority interests…

Posts: 10662 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Like Nancy Pelosi?

One of the longer standing speakers I know of.

What about

What about

What about

Steve

Wink

We are not really debating. I agree that Johnson is partisan. I am just suggesting that has been the norm for a score.

Notice that I didn’t insult him. Wink

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, your side gets to ignore house rules and that gets a pass…

But when the GOP does it, it’s a violation?

Johnson has a duty to protect minority rights per house rules, but the election process is purely partisan.

Otherwise the speaker would be from the minority party in order to protect minority interests…

It is not purely partisan. Selection of the candidate is. The election is bi-party. If one party decides to vote no down line, that is its prerogative. The distinction is they get to vote.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Like Nancy Pelosi?

The longest standing speaker I know of.

What about

What about

What about

Steve

Wink

All he is saying Doc, is that it's okay when liberals do it... Pretty pathetic actually......

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Good for thee, but not for me.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The last two posters on this thread failed to pick up on some of the subtleties in my post. At least Lane did not miss it. Notice the wink at the end? I delight in busting Lanes' balls, I think he knows that. There was more than a little bit of jest in my post.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

The USA has been collecting Tax Revenue just fine all of my business life. Reallocating unspent funds they have never had access to is not going to change anything with the IRS.

The post in general reveals the ignorance of the poster in regard to management of large multifaceted entities.

All CEOs move money around if they have cash to the squeakiest wheel they have in order to not borrow money and accrue debt. Its a normal business practice. Democrats of course prefer to just borrow more and bankrupt the country.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

The USA has been collecting Tax Revenue just fine all of my business life. Reallocating unspent funds they have never had access to is not going to change anything with the IRS.

The post in general reveals the ignorance of the poster in regard to management of large multifaceted entities.

All CEOs move money around if they have cash to the squeakiest wheel they have in order to not borrow money and accrue debt. Its a normal business practice. Democrats of course prefer to just borrow more and bankrupt the country.

Republican psycho-babble gathered during today's FOX News viewing.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15132 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

No sir…just reality.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

except it isn't - Mike, are you aware that there is a separate and different discipline of accounting for government financial professionals than the other, rest of, the real world?

A data point to prove teh point - private industry's CEO/CFO have little trouble moving funds from Marketing to security, or vice versa, which generally doesn't require explicit board approval, to carry on the mission.

When trump wanted to move UNUSED monies to building the wall you may recall the hew and cry over abrogation of the house's (frequently mislabeled as "congress", which is formally defined in the Constitution) -- you might recall it was somehwat more hearty than "hey, i was going to spend that" -- while I haven't re-researched it, i do recall your own posts against shuffling said funds.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Danger! MAGA Mike's got his Bible out!

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...f613e6341541cc&ei=38

But if Christian nationalism was a danger a year ago, it’s even more of a danger today – now that a Christian Nationalist, Louisiana’s “ MAGA Mike” Johnson, holds the powerful position of Speaker of the United States House of Representatives.
And there’s no doubt where Johnson stands. He made that clear on the first day of his speakership. Making an obligatory appearance with Sean Hannity on Fox News, Johnson told the world: “Someone asked me today in the media, they said…‘ People are curious. What does Mike Johnson think about any issue under the sun?’ I said,‘ Well, go pick up a Bible off your shelf and read it – that’s my worldview.’”

Whoa! Stop! Read that again. Let that sink in. It’s shocking that the man entrusted with the powerful position of Speaker of the House of Representatives, second in line for the presidency of the United States, says he’s guided by the Bible, not by the Constitution. That statement itself is so un-American it should scare everyone, Christian, Jew, Muslim, Hindu, or non-believer.

XXX

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
ME, are you mad that he has a religion, or that he doesn't follow your religion-surrogate?\

I don't see where he excluded the constitution - but that's YOUR strawman --

You know, the world is a much better place if you either assume good intent, or at least try to assume the same good grace as you put on "your" side.

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
You know, the world is a much better place if you either assume good intent, or at least try to assume the same good grace as you put on "your" side.

"My side" - like grace and good intent has a side?

It either is or isn't.

When MAGA Mike stood for denying the will of the people, and helping Trump retain power, unconstitutionally, the assumptions of good intent/will/grace went up in a puff of vapor. (much like his beliefs, BTW) Everything he does after that can be assumed to be ulterior motivated, deviant from the constitution, or perhaps only coincidentally relevant.

Read his lips, He means what he says.

XXX

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
He wrote a weak amicus brief .. while in 2016 EVERY lefty MSM cried that trump stole the election .. i think that neither side has the high ground here

"like grace and good intent has a side"

thanks for the chuckle

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
He wrote a weak amicus brief .. while in 2016 EVERY lefty MSM cried that trump stole the election .. i think that neither side has the high ground here

"like grace and good intent has a side"

thanks for the chuckle

There ya go - there is no grace or good intent in that post. (even assuming it's true which is questionable)

It's a gross false equivalence, within which good intent - the lack of - is self evident.

Your good-intent compass is broken.

XXX

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
again, thanks for the chuckle - i met you half way, in the neither side has the high ground, and gave you examples where HUNDREDS of media said trump stole the election, and that johnson wrote a weak amicus .. and you have some kind of hurt over that?

---okay this part isn't with good grace--
First day on the internet?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
What the media said had no consequences regarding the transition, per the constitution. It was merely free speach and freedom of the press, which is constitutional.

"Weak Amicus" - the fact that he wrote it at all, weak or not, is the point. I think he did more than that.

Trump's whole endeavor was weak. Yet he did it. It was a trial run. They will have good intent next time. Wink

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
neither side has the high ground

Well, one side has indictments with 91 felony counts. How does that measure in high ground?

XXX

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
You THINK he did more than that? But the evidence is he wrote a weak amicus - dude, are you now an anti-1a guy? he literally broke no laws, as presenting it as a brief is literally signing his name to a "guilty" plea. He didn't "storm the building" he didn't disrupt a proceeding in congress, merely placed his opinion (just like you are doing by saying you THINK he did more than that) in a totally non-binding, not-even-required-to-be-read document stating he felt that certain procedures had been broken -- read it, the first couple pages are amusing, from a contorted view point.

but "feels" aren't broken laws.. well, in the UK they could be, but that's different.

#dumptrump

476AR,