Find
Notify
Tools

Nikki Haley Cannot answer what caused the Civil War Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Mankind has evolved away from slavery as being acceptable among civilized man. Albeit it still exists in the third world and the underworld.

I think to a person here…we can all agree that that evolutionary change was good. In civilized cultures it is a thing of history as it should be and now considered taboo..

it is in the past…that is good…let’s focus on today where in America at least everyone has a shot…

quote:
Any businessman, capitalist, outdoorsman, shooter, Second Amendment supporter, or American traditionalist should do everything within their power to prevent a Democrat from having executive control.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
Instead of asking here what caused the civil war, ask her what she will do to correct the country which is sinking into a shithole! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66999 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Agreed Saeed.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
So let me get this straight
If you dont mention everything, you are wrong

If you are too afraid if of the base to tell the real cause, you are wrong.

It is not a slip up, it is dishonesty lead by fear of the base.

Posts: 10913 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Good point but also understand politics where anything you say or not say will be used against you
Welcome to greatest election year ever in our history
I can’t wait…

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
So let me get this straight
If you dont mention everything, you are wrong

If you are too afraid if of the base to tell the real cause, you are wrong.

It is not a slip up, it is dishonesty lead by fear of the base.

While she might have handled the question better…nothing she said was untrue. The optics just were not perfect.

I have listened to the Civil War debate between PhD historians (transcripts can be found on the internet) and the opinions as to the primary precipitation of the Civil varies and is multifaceted.

It is not as cut and dry as the atty from KY would have us believe.

This whole frenzy (which I don’t believe has legs generally) over what she said in New Hampshire is ludicrous.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nothing she said was on topic. It was a dishonest answer given out of fear of the base.

Thus, she does not get my vote. She failed to lead.

Posts: 10913 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Republican Party of Lincoln

the first "southern strategy"
forgiveness
then
reconstruction
then infiltration of the dems with the correct mental attitude
followed by right thinking people decrying the racists democrats the entire time.

Dude, Seriously, there has never been a "party switch" Dems founded
the CSA
The KKK
Fought against all civil rights acts
Mississippi Burning
and now have "soft rascism"

Nikki screwed up an answer - let's review the biden tapes -- 1 to 1,000 -- from a minority female not checking off all YOUR boxes, you hate her

The GOP has lead the freedom of slaves, the anti-slavery amendments to the constitution, all of the civil rights acts, and voter freedom - Why do they call it the GOP? Let's open that up, Grand Old Party

I would vote for Nikki in a HEART BEAT

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38500 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
And if she gets the nomination, and if you hold true to this proclamation...you are part of the problem and none of the solution for this country.

Nobody is ever going to see eye to eye with everything a given person says or does.

Nikki Hailey would certainly be head and shoulders above any Democrat in the Oval Office.

And to think that she, a woman and a minority would not govern in a race-equitable manner based on this poorly articulated answer (which was not technically untrue)...is ludicrous.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

forgiveness
then
reconstruction
followed by right thinking people decrying the racists democrats the entire time.

the CSA
The KKK
Mississippi Burning

Nikki screwed up an answer - let's review the biden tapes -- 1 to 1,000 -- from a minority female not checking off all YOUR boxes, you hate her

The GOP has lead the freedom of slaves, the anti-slavery amendments to the constitution, all of the civil rights acts, and voter freedom - Why do they call it the GOP? Let's open that up, Grand Old Party

You aren't this stupid. You know damn well the parties politically and ideologically switched places in the South. You know damn well the KKK is fully right wing republican, and not one of them votes democratic or supports civil rights. You have your head stuck up your ass in 160 year old BS.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Lincoln is no more a Republican by today’s measure than Andrew Jackson is a Democrat.

Weird, because historians would say you are incorrect
quote:
the Democratic Party was founded in 1828. Martin Van Buren played a major role in building the party, assembling politicians in every state behind war hero Andrew Jackson . The Democratic Party is arguably the world's oldest active political party.

quote:
Under the leadership of Lincoln and a Republican Congress, the Republican Party successfully led the fight to defeat the Confederate States during the American Civil War, preserving the Union and abolishing slavery.
Lincoln literally was the first Republican President

i have typed and deleted a good bit of "Sparky" comments, but this should get the point over.

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:
quote:

forgiveness
then
reconstruction

the CSA
The KKK
Mississippi Burning

You aren't this stupid. You know damn well the parties politically and ideologically switched places in the South. You know damn well the KKK is fully right wing republican, and not one of them votes democratic or supports civil rights. You have your head stuck up your a$$ in 160 year old BS.

Actually, close enough, the KKK has DIED while Republicans have taken over the Southern States. Under the dems, the membership roles were in the MILLIONS, today, there's a few dems that cling to the "lost cause" Idea, and maintain their affiliation. heck, read it for yourself https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ku_Klux_Klan

Let's take a specific example - until the mid 80s, the KKK had an open and public "texas head quarters" in pasadena Tx, when the first Republican-since-Restoration was elected Gov in Texas, Bill Clements, it went from HQ to a reading room, and today the location is a Mexican restaurant.

Would you care to pull out the Civil rights act of 1964 voting? 18 Democrats performed a filibuster to block it's passage - here you go https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/...l_Rights_Act_of_1964

So, some time between 1964 and "today" there was a great party switch? Give me a DATE it happened - The "great party switch" is dem code for "we don't want to be blamed for our actual past actions"

Even you aren't this simple, but you might be close enough --- let's hear you say, publicly, that Bill Clinton and Barrack Obama are actually "republicans"

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
To be fully honest, the South did eventually give up on the Civil War ideas and adopt the GOP. Leaving only reprobates that cling to "The Lost Cause" to be dems in the South Today. Unless you are implying that 'the old south' inculcated the rest of the States to support the Lost Cause -- as most elections since 1964 have been pretty one sided in favor of one party or the other

#dumptrump

476AR,

one of us
posted Hide Post

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
To be fully honest, the South did eventually give up on the Civil War ideas and adopt the GOP. Leaving only reprobates that cling to "The Lost Cause" to be dems in the South Today. Unless you are implying that 'the old south' inculcated the rest of the States to support the Lost Cause -- as most elections since 1964 have been pretty one sided in favor of one party or the other

I was taught the Lost Cause Myth in school by Republicans. I live in a 90 percent Republican County. I was not disillusioned of the Lost Cause until college. Dr. Easter believes the Lost Cause. He is a GOP brand guy.

What Party Primary Candidate, no 2 in the polls, was afraid to name the major cause being the conflict over slavery?

Was it Dem?

Was it GOP?

What party opposes teaching about this issue?

You mention white supremacist. What Party candidates been endorsed publicly by known white supremacy leaders since the 80s? The GOP.

What Party refused to dissociate with White Suprematist this month. The Texas GOP.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Say, tell me, what white supremacist stated "poor kids are just as bright and intelligent as white kids" pray, do tell, whatever shall the GOP do with such a racist, should you merely state his name

uhm, here you go
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=If2q-pO95k0

Really, Josh,
1: *I* didn't mention a white supremacist, that's YOUR strawman, make it march
2: no, sirrah, the GOP NEVER endorsed Duke, like, EVER, and it's a fact, you are drifting from topic into fantasy land. l even posted a link to duke being rejected by the GOP
3: "afraid" -- ludicrous
4: Dems are actually AFRAID to say they are the Party of the CSA, 100%, through and through, and until you admit that, you just are a "serious person" in this discussion.

Your position is untenable, nay, laughable, and you should drop the matter until you come to terms with your bias and filters.

I do like you, Joshua, but there's far more to learn than what you "understand"

But, again, what was the date of the "great party switch" where dems and the GOP swapped "ropes" (see what i did there?)

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Remind me what we are doing here?

Jeffe trying to attribute 1860 Dem policy as being somehow representative of Dem policy today?

bsflag

Wymple's right man. You're way smarter than this.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15106 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:

Jeffe trying to attribute 1860 Dem policy as being somehow representative of Dem policy today?

bsflag

Mike,
what was johnson's goal with reconstruction, in fact, what were the results, for awhile? That the south would become republican? After johnson had the 14th and 15th amendments passed-- here's a brief refresher on reconstruction

I have no clue, and less of a care, what was on the 1860 dem policy --with a little internet searching, i found their core policy - "popular sovereignty" - which sounds amazingly close to the idjits that want to talk about "national popular vote" -- Weird, aint it -- today's dems are still calling for the repeal of the electoral college

Mike,
you may not have meant it, but it appears that yes, today's dems still carry forward with 1860 ideals -- and, Of Course, the GOP thinks everyone should be a free citizen.

i mean, dang, that's got to leave a mark

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

bsflag

Mike,
what was johnson's goal with reconstruction, in fact, what were the results, for awhile? That the south would become republican? After johnson had the 14th and 15th amendments passed-- here's a brief refresher on reconstruction

I have no clue, and less of a care, what was on the 1860 dem policy --with a little internet searching, i found their core policy - "popular sovereignty" - which sounds amazingly close to the idjits that want to talk about "national popular vote" -- Weird, aint it -- today's dems are still calling for the repeal of the electoral college

Mike,
you may not have meant it, but it appears that yes, today's dems still carry forward with 1860 ideals -- and, Of Course, the GOP thinks everyone should be a free citizen.

i mean, dang, that's got to leave a mark

If you say so buddy.

Do you prefer ribs or brisket at a quality BBQ joint?

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15106 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Maybe a better question to ask Nikki Haley and the right is, was the Southern, slaveholding states justified in Secession?

The follow up question may need to be, does a state have the authority to unilaterally leave the Union?

The correct answer is no to both.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Confederate flags fly at only one Party's rallies, and it ain't the Democrats'.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Hence, why I asked those two questions.

You are correct.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
So, some time between 1964 and "today" there was a great party switch? Give me a DATE it happened - The "great party switch" is dem code for "we don't want to be blamed for our actual past actions"

The parties switched polarities after Lincoln's time. Commencing in the late-60s and continuing for the next decade or two, ignorant, bigoted mostly Southern Democrats abandoned what had become the civil rights party and joined the party that welcomed them along with their bigotry--the GOP.

Posts: 6134 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The parties switched polarities after Lincoln's time. Commencing in the late-60s and continuing for the next decade or two, ignorant, bigoted mostly Southern Democrats abandoned what had become the civil rights party and joined the party that welcomed them along with their bigotry--the GOP.

Jeff doesn't wish to see beyond 1964.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

If you say so buddy.

Do you prefer ribs or brisket at a quality BBQ joint?

generally beef ribs, pork ribs, then moist brisket -- how about you?

#dumptrump

476AR,

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
quote:

So, the immediate result of reconstruction were the first republican elected officials, which turned off the moment federal troops left, but the intent and results where OBVIOUSLY to change the South to Republican - As I said in the post above - and while it took something like 80-90 years, it ultimately succeeded - the "late 60s" is a range of 5 years, i can work with that - let's see what happened in "the late 60s"
in the 68 election, the south was divided in the presidential election
- the same election that arch dem Hillary Clinton worked on the republican campaign (double weird)

1972 - the old south voted for exactly the same president as cali and NY -- weird -- hmm, facts don't align
1976 election - they voted for home town boy Carter, to be expected
1980 - 1992 - with one exception, the old south, cali, and NYS voted for the same candidate for president....

weird, doesn't seem that there was a "party of bigotry" for at least 30 more years - care to revise your date?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
She should have simply refused to answer since the question isn't relevant to any issues that concern most Americans today.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post

Trump: "Putin is a Genius" "Hezbollah is very smart"

Posts: 17195 | Location: FL | Registered: 03 January 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This is aGOP voter in Iowa

At a Haley town hall in Cedar Falls, Iowa, on Friday night, retiree Dorothy Fischer was more enthusiastic about Haley than ever after hearing her speak in person — and indignant at the firestorm over Haley’s explanation of the Civil War.
Fischer, a Republican who is eager for the party to move on from Trump, said the war wasn’t driven by slavery. “It was an economic battle” that pitted “Southern plantation economics versus the Northern industrial economics,” she said.

This voter has no idea that the economic cause was the economic impact ending slavery would have on the South. This is why asking the question was important as well as the answer. Lost. Side Mythology alive and well in the Iowa GOP.