New
Find
Notify
Tools

Nikki Haley Cannot answer what caused the Civil War Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
She just lost my vote in the Primary.

The cause of the Civil War was the Slave States were afraid Lincoln, who was on record for slavery not to extend in territories, would see the southern states lose senate control. This loss of Senate control would see slavery abolished through Fed legislation.

S.C., leading the Deep South was not going to set around and wait for that to happen. S.C., left the Union bf Lincoln was sworn in.

The Union, the Federal Government could not and should not allow a state, or collection of states, to reject union because the state does not like the policy of the duly elected Federal Government. Whether the Federal Government could regulate, restrict, or ban slavery was a question for the Fed Courts assuming legislation was passed.

Hunt the Fed Government so could.

The he worst is her answer about Government securing rights. Just do not allow the Fed government to secure individual right of basic humanity as President Lincoln or most abolitionist believed the enslaved population should be elevated to that of Citizen.
Those rights as citizens were not secured until the Civil Rights Movement through the Federal Government.

A state can, has, and will as Dr. Easter so promotes with his mandated prayer as easy as any Federal or General Government.

Nikki Haley’s response to this question ending in, “ what do you want me to say about slavery” Highlights why Critical Race Theory gains support. Her response in total is the second strongest indictment of the soul of the GOP. That the truth concerning the lowest, closets destruction of our Constitutional system came to ending on violence cannot be said in a primary for president.

No, I will not vote for her in the KY Primary nor the General Election.

Posts: 10913 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Pretty soon you will be down to writing in Joshua Lowe. Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36635 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

And you support Trump!!? clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66998 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
She is in damage control now!

Never liked the stupid bitch! clap

Posts: 66998 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A lot of people on this board will argue the same thing based on past discussion of the topic.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15106 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think it was would not, instead of cannot.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Or just refraining to go along with this.

Unlike you who have no morals on the matter of political truth.

Do you wish the slaver’s rebellion had been successful?

Funny, the only states that tried to destroy our constructional system were slave holding states?

Tell us Dr. Easter, since Nikki Haley refused to what caused the Civil War?

You may want to go read the address given by the Vice President of the Confederacy concerning why the states attempted to leave the Union before you answer. I have posted it before.

I know Texas, influential GOP members such as yourself and the LT. Gov, like to make jokes out important political issues. So, keep making jokes while the GOP burns.

Her response is the manifestation of voters being stupid, the GOP has a party of stupid, and the GOP as the party that cannot deal with the truth concerning our darkest moment in history. How can they expect to hold Jan 6 accountable when they cannot even tell the truth concerning the Civil War because they are so affaire of rejection by the mob.

Posts: 10913 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
We have been through that^^^exercise many times…it is an exercise in futility.

Slavery:

The last time we embarked on the subject it provoked me to go back and read/listen to the entire Old Testament…just for some historical accounting of slavery along with other research.

As far as I can tell…slavery has been around since the beginning of mankind. It was accepted as a way of life among the an ancient times up through the Roman Empire on to the early 19th century. Even God accepted it as a way of man with the only comments being: “treat your slaves well.”

Mankind has evolved away from slavery as being acceptable among civilized man. Albeit it still exists in the third world and the underworld.

I think to a person here…we can all agree that that evolutionary change was good. In civilized cultures it is a thing of history as it should be and now considered taboo.

In the course of the Civil War…the exact cause can be debated and both sides supported with documentary and circumstantial evidence.

I say it is in the past…that is good…let’s focus on today where in America at least everyone has a shot…if they have the wherewithal to go get it.

As Marshal Cogburn said: “Looking back is a bad habitat.”

I say learn/remember the history…focus on the future…don’t make the same mistake twice.

As to Nikki…if she is the GOP nominee…she has my vote in the General. I ‘may’ even support and vote for her in the Primary.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36635 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
The articles of secession for Tejas were pretty explicit...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Slavery:

The last time we embarked on the subject it provoked me to go back and read/listen to the entire Old Testament…just for some historical accounting of slavery along with other research.

As far as I can tell…slavery has been around since the beginning of mankind. It was accepted as a way of life among the an ancient times up through the Roman Empire on to the early 19th century. Even God accepted it as a way of man with the only comments being: “treat your slaves well.”

Mankind has evolved away from slavery as being acceptable among civilized man. Albeit it still exists in the third world and the underworld.

I think to a person here…we can all agree that that evolutionary change was good. In civilized cultures it is a thing of history as it should be and now considered taboo.

In the course of the Civil War…the exact cause can be debated and both sides supported with documentary and circumstantial evidence.

I say it is in the past…that is good…let’s focus on today where in America at least everyone has a shot…if they have the wherewithal to go get it.

I say learn/remember the history…focus on the future…don’t make the same mistake twice.

As to Nikki…if she is the GOP nominee…she has my vote in the General. I ‘may’ even support and vote for her in the Primary.

I did not ask if there was Old Testament “support@ for Chattel Slavery as practiced by the United States. There is not. I asked you two direct questions. Both of which you did not answer which is usual.

However, you did a great job sounding like racist preachers on the south trying to justify slavery, the Black Codes, and Jim Crow.

The exact cause is not a debate. It is as I stated. It is a lie to say the primary cause is unknown. You know the cause. You are too dishonest to say it out loud.

I ask again Dr Easter,

Do you believe the better result was for the slaver’s rebellion to have been successful?

And

Do you dispute the cause of the Civil War was the Southern, slave holding states fear that they would lose control of the Senate if slavery was not permitted in the territories. Thus, creating the environment the Feds Government could ban the practice? In a word, do you believe the cause was slavery?

As you are not my witness, leading is permitted.

Answer the questions you are asked.

Because she will not stand up to the likes of you, she does not get my vote in either the Primary or the General. This matters. The fact the second leading candidate for the GOP cannot tell GOP candidates the truth on this issue, tells us how much it matter to tell the truth.

Nikki Haley, “What do you want me to say about slavery?” The truth.

The truth, this is not the Party of Lincoln. The truth, if you have your way, it will not be the Party of Roosevelt and Regan. President Regan wanted to re-write the Fed Tax Code to see cooperations pay more through less exemptions while lowering the income tax. Modern GOzp forgets the first part.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The fact Nikki Haley is too afraid to tell the truth about the cause of slavery gives legitimacy to Critical Race Theory proponents, keeps the GOP as the party of stupid and ignorance, speaks to a dark heart that we cannot tell the truth about it, and shows we have learned nothing from the past.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bull.

It gives no such legitimacy.

One point- Nikki Haley is a minority woman.

Secondly, while slavery was a central point in the politics of the civil war, it was hardly the only one.

The vast majority of confederate citizens did not own slaves.

Slavery was a popular cause on both sides of the debate at the time… the northern abolitionists using it as a way to gain power; the southern slavers to rally support amongst fearful poor southerners that worried they would become the lowest group on the social order.

But to say it was ALL slavery disregards the quiet economics of the situation. Slavery was the cause celebe for rebellion and subsequent reunification war. However, it was not the initial thrust of the northern war aims.

Lincoln was against chattel slavery… but had nothing against de facto economic slavery.

I agree Ms. Haley comes across poorly and ignorant here, but her forbears were treated poorly by whites as well.

Posts: 10637 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
Thoughtful answer, CR. We don't see many of them here. I don't fully agree, but the institution of slavery was not destroyed a day too soon.
I recently learned that my great-great-great grandfather had listed 19 slaves on the notorious Schedule 2 of the 1860 U.S. Census. He would lose two sons fighting for Mississippi in the war.

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16409 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Which bankers made the most money from the War Between the States?

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14383 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I went to school in the South, the attempts to attribute the War to anything but slavery were varied; export tariffs on cotton making for a captive market in favor of Northern manufacturers was a favorite.

The flaw, which was evident to even a 7th-grader, was that every State explicitly stated their reason for secession in their Articles of Secession and, without exception, cited the continuation of slavery as the primary driver.

All the other obfuscation came later.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And where did Ms. Haley go to school?

If I recall correctly, she went to school in the south, so perhaps with being children of immigrants, her knowledge base is/was a bit off based on that obfuscation in the schools?

Yes, she should have known better given her subsequent education opportunities, but I’m a little willing to give her some slack.

Posts: 10637 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
Which bankers made the most money from the War Between the States?

All of them?

The southern ones lost a lot when after the war the CSA dollar was worthless…

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
And where did Ms. Haley go to school?

If I recall correctly, she went to school in the south, so perhaps with being children of immigrants, her knowledge base is/was a bit off based on that obfuscation in the schools?

Yes, she should have known better given her subsequent education opportunities, but I’m a little willing to give her some slack.

Of course you are, she's a Republican.

The only way any adult can remain even slightly confused about what caused the Civil War is willful ignorance or abject ignorance.

Those are the choices.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:

Slavery:

I did not ask if there was Old Testament “support@ for Chattel Slavery as practiced by the United States. There is not. I asked you two direct questions. Both of which you did not answer which is usual.

However, you did a great job sounding like racist preachers on the south trying to justify slavery, the Black Codes, and Jim Crow.

The exact cause is not a debate. It is as I stated. It is a lie to say the primary cause is unknown. You know the cause. You are too dishonest to say it out loud.

I ask again Dr Easter,

Do you believe the better result was for the slaver’s rebellion to have been successful?

And

Do you dispute the cause of the Civil War was the Southern, slave holding states fear that they would lose control of the Senate if slavery was not permitted in the territories. Thus, creating the environment the Feds Government could ban the practice? In a word, do you believe the cause was slavery?

As you are not my witness, leading is permitted.

Answer the questions you are asked.

Because she will not stand up to the likes of you, she does not get my vote in either the Primary or the General. This matters. The fact the second leading candidate for the GOP cannot tell GOP candidates the truth on this issue, tells us how much it matter to tell the truth.

Nikki Haley, “What do you want me to say about slavery?” The truth.

The truth, this is not the Party of Lincoln. The truth, if you have your way, it will not be the Party of Roosevelt and Regan. President Regan wanted to re-write the Fed Tax Code to see cooperations pay more through less exemptions while lowering the income tax. Modern GOzp forgets the first part.

I gave the answer I did because I believe it was the correct answer.

The cause of the Civil War was multifactorial but yes…one of the factors was the growing divide in opinion about slavery.

The war turned out the way it did and all we know are those results. Anything other than those results are speculation…from which I will refrain.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Again, you have decided to say what you want and not address the questions.

You know the truth.

It was the primary, overwhelmingly purpose.

Tuvalu do not answer what result you prefer.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You (LHeym) realize that you have made the point?

Slavery itself wasn’t the issue per your posted comment. It was the loss of control of federal regulation and law as it affected the states that initiated the rebellion. Slavery was the issue that was plain to see. It was a simple concept/way of life that made for good speeches.

The actual path leading to war was not simple or single issue.

The north was not “fighting to set men free!” at the beginning of the civil war. Initially it was unifying the nation and “down with the traitors!”

Was slavery the most significant issue discussed? Absolutely. But there had been hard feelings about slavery since 1791. Historically, slavery as a single issue had not broken the Union.

As a lifelong (and multigenerational) northerner, I can certainly see where Lincoln and the various northern/abolitionist groups pushed the south to the point where something was forced to give.

Was the abolitionist movement the only moral choice? Yes. Was how they went about it morally right? That’s definitely shades of gray.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
160 years ago, the US fought Dems over slavery, and other things - Joe knows, he was there, driving an 18 wheeler with cornpop

Today, the dems are fighting ANY descendant of those same slaves if they try to leave the plantation.

Is that better, dems?

Dems, you DO NOT have the high ground over the Civil War - you fought to keep people enslaved visa vi the control of congress, and today, you are still doing EXACTLY the same thing -

It's got to sting, but ya'll should SHUT UP rather than PUFF UP over causes of the Civil War - Even Lincoln didn't know that he could free the slaves, but he and REPUBLICANS fought you to free other human beings..

(waits for the trot out of the "great party switch" lie) -- yeah, that might be your lovely to let you sleep at night, but the FACTS are that Dems fought the Union to keep their slaves. It's literally the cold hard facts.

let the wenging begin

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38500 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Slavery itself wasn’t the issue per your posted comment. It was the loss of control of federal regulation and law as it affected the states that initiated the rebellion. Slavery was the issue that was plain to see. It was a simple concept/way of life that made for good speeches.

The north was not “fighting to set men free!” at the beginning of the civil war. Initially it was unifying the nation and “down with the traitors!”

Was slavery the most significant issue discussed? Absolutely. But there had been hard feelings about slavery since 1791. Historically, slavery as a single issue had not broken the Union.

As a lifelong (and multigenerational) northerner, I can certainly see where Lincoln and the various northern/abolitionist groups pushed the south to the point where something was forced to give.

Was the abolitionist movement the only moral choice? Yes. Was how they went about it morally right? That’s definitely shades of gray.

Civil war was about slavery.

Any serious analysis supports that.

Racists and slavery/apologists who want to make it about something else quack.

Which is what we see here.

Unbelievable that the discussion goes on.

Got to say something to excuse blatant racist behavior, I guess. 2020

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15106 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

Yep, Mike - Dems broke away from the Union to fight for slavery -- tell me again which party you'll be voting for?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sorry, it’s too simplistic.

Slavery was the most popular call to war for the south, but it took a long laundry list of grievances to make it so that slavery was a cause to start fighting.

The north had not enacted a single abolitionist law under Lincoln. He had just been elected. There had been no change in law that occurred yet the south seceded and started fighting because an abolitionist had been elected? No SCOTUS challenges, no actual law that they stood up against.

Fundamentally, the election of Lincoln was seen as a threat to the southern way of life of which slavery was seen as a central tenet by the southerners.

While superficially it looks like slavery was the single issue, it wasn’t. It was more complex than that. Why did the US fight a civil war regarding emancipation (in your opinion) while other nations passed laws banning it and didn’t have a revolt? The colonial class in South America certainly didn’t agree any more than the plantation owners with emancipation.

If it was as simple as you imply, then we wouldn’t have all these historians going on about it to this day.

I don’t disagree that some try and minimize slavery, and I certainly am not trying to minimize it either. In a way, that it was not the only cause for war is worse, actually, as far as the barbaric treatment of the blacks.

quote:
quote:

one of us
Picture of Bill/Oregon
posted Hide Post
I'm giving Nikki a pass. As governor she ordered Confederate flags removed and is the child of immigrants often despised by "good Christian Americans."
I often see discussions about the Civil War on a number of sites, especially Civil War-themed sites. The "southrons" like to label it the "War of Northern Aggression."
I like to label it the "War of Racist Slave-holding Losers."

There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.
– John Green, author

Posts: 16409 | Location: Sweetwater, TX | Registered: 03 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nikki Haley still cannot bring herself to tell the truth

Of course, the Civil War was about slavery. We know that. That’s unquestioned. Always the case. We know the Civil War was about slavery,” Haley said at a town hall in North Conway. “But it was also more than that. It was about the freedoms of every individual. It was about the role of government.

Freedoms of every Individual and the role of Government? Whose individual freedom? Joe dare the Federal Government to insist the slavers abide by the frame work set up in the Constitution. The role the Government has in insuring the Promise that all men were created equal be made real.

Or is she talking about the individual freedom of white slavers and states being able to leave the Inion bc the states do not like who is elected.

No pass from me. Others can do as they please.

The Lost Cause Myth and southern propaganda must be expunged. No GOP canister that perpetuates this lie gets my support.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
quote:

Yep, Mike - Dems broke away from the Union to fight for slavery -- tell me again which party you'll be voting for?

Again, the GOP Southern Strategy and realignment is conveniently ignored. Which major party cannot bring themselves to tell their constituents what caused the Civil War? The GOP.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Which major party cannot bring themselves to tell their constituents what caused the Civil War? The GOP.

dude - pick up ANY, even a "lost cause" history book - the DEMS started and fought the Civil War - Literally ANY one - the party for slavery, against equal right, civil rights, and unions -- 100% democrats -
every
dang
time

or, are you "seriously" saying Lincoln wasn't a republican?

dang, son, you should be on the Olympic team for mental gymnastics

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
Hmm. Didn't a DEMOCRAT murder President Lincoln?

popcorn

~Ann

Posts: 19168 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And who would that Democrat vote for today?

What Candidate could not tell the grassroots GOP voter the cause of the Civil War?

What Party did Storm Thurmond switch to?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Which major party cannot bring themselves to tell their constituents what caused the Civil War? The GOP.

dude - pick up ANY, even a "lost cause" history book - the DEMS started and fought the Civil War - Literally ANY one - the party for slavery, against equal right, civil rights, and unions -- 100% democrats -
every
dang
time

or, are you "seriously" saying Lincoln wasn't a republican?

dang, son, you should be on the Olympic team for mental gymnastics

Lincoln is no more a Republican by today’s measure than Andrew Jackson is a Democrat.

Tge parties are not the same.

As my eyes highlights. Go read about realignment and the Southern Strategy.

Which Party candidate was afraid to answer this in her words “not easy question.”

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The South Carolina canning of Sen. Senator Charles Sumner was over a speech Sen. Sumner gave over the attempt to expand slavery and against the institution of slavery in general.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Of the candidates running at the moment, Haley is far and away the best choice as far as I am concerned. It will take a far more egregious faux pas to dissuade me from supporting her at the present.

Mike

Posts: 21234 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Bull.

It gives no such legitimacy.

One point- Nikki Haley is a minority woman.

Secondly, while slavery was a central point in the politics of the civil war, it was hardly the only one.

The vast majority of confederate citizens did not own slaves.

Slavery was a popular cause on both sides of the debate at the time… the northern abolitionists using it as a way to gain power; the southern slavers to rally support amongst fearful poor southerners that worried they would become the lowest group on the social order.

But to say it was ALL slavery disregards the quiet economics of the situation. Slavery was the cause celebe for rebellion and subsequent reunification war. However, it was not the initial thrust of the northern war aims.

Lincoln was against chattel slavery… but had nothing against de facto economic slavery.

I agree Ms. Haley comes across poorly and ignorant here, but her forbears were treated poorly by whites as well.

Except I've never heard a single person claim it was "the only cause". Damn sure the main one, tho.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Telling that you only see the Battle Flag of the Army of Northern Viginia wave at one Party's rallies, and it's not the Democrats.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The Republican Party of Lincoln was a single issue party. That party bring the abolition of Chattel Slavery practiced in the United States under the Constitution.

To that end, the Republican Party believed the Federal Government through the Constitution both morally had the obligation to end slavery and a legal means to do so through legislation in Congress. This could be accomplished in a number of ways: 1) Not permitting slavery in territories as the U.S. expanded this would deprive the Southern, slave states of additional, new seats in Congress particularly in the Senate. This loss of Senate control would allow the appointment of antislavery policy federal judges. Ultimately, the anti slave position would have enough votes to ban the practice. This was Lincoln’s stated position and the Deep South’s fear lead by South Carolina. 2) Some wanted to jump to the end and use the power of Congress to simply end the practice. 3) Parts of both groups believed in the evil of slavery, but many did not agree or seek the elevation of the would be freeman to that of citizen. Again, this appears to be Lincoln’s public position. I believe Lincoln thread the needle as well as anyone could to unite or solidify the various abolitionists positions. 4) Some believed in the equality of the would be freeman. This faction saw the end goal being not only the end of slavery but the elevation of the would be freeman to citizen. As the Civil War went along, the South’s defeat, and the murder of Lincoln more Republicans saw the end goal being not only the would be freeman’s ascension to citizen, but that the Southern society, planter class be destroyed in the ascension with property distribution to former slaves now freemen. Freemen being permitted to hold office. A Federal law making it a crime to deny rights to freemen. The indictments of Former Confederate leaders including Lee for prosecution. The Federal Army ensuring the protection of freemen and election access by freemen. Whole districts elected former slaves to state and federal office in the immediate post war period. The requirement that the 14th Amendment be ratified before a state could be reemitted to the Union (originally). Yes, the insurrection clause of the 14th Amendment. All designed by the Republican Party Lincoln to use and expand Federal Power to bring about the end of slavery. The culture of slavery, and the Planter class. The Party at the end of the War goal was to ensure the now freemen became and enjoyed the legal status of citizen of the state and Federal government.

Thus, the Republican Party of Lincoln is not the GOP of today. Especially, with the GOP emphasis on limited role of the Federal Government. A role Nikki Haley put forward on her answer to what was the cause of the Civil War.

Administrator
posted Hide Post
Democrats are ruling the country now! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
Of the candidates running at the moment, Haley is far and away the best choice as far as I am concerned. It will take a far more egregious faux pas to dissuade me from supporting her at the present.

I agree. She botched that answer, but the alternatives are worse.

Posts: 6133 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
So let me get this straight
If you dont mention everything, you are wrong

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote