Tools

Food for fight boys Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted
What kills more human beings?
Abortion or guns?

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
What kills more human beings?
Abortion or guns?

Does it matter? Isn't killing any human being bad?

Seems to me saving one single life from a car wreck, drug overdose, hypothermia, poisoned food or water, a gunshot or abortion is a good thing and something to pursue.

Posts: 9136 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Abortion--leaving out late-term--doesn't kill human beings.

Posts: 6157 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Stupidest post of the year entrant right there.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
hammering

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
GOD and the BIBLE !!!!!

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:

As a person who has studied embryology…all I can say is wow!!!

What a warped view of science. 2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:

As a person who has studied embryology…all I can say is wow!!!

What a warped view of science. 2020

Let the "expert" opinions begin. 2020

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Right because it takes an “expert” to know what a human being is. Tell us, what is a woman?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . bluefish, running scared of gays and transgenders again. Some how every conversation gets back to gays and transgenders. Stop living in guilt, come out of the closet.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Where do you come up with this stuff? The one who keeps making the references is you. I note most of you liberals take your cues from Alinsky; accuse your enemy of that which you do. Does your wife know about your preoccupation with buggery?

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
When people say Guns kill people but I never heard them saying, abortions kill people

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . abortions, with the possible exception of late term abortions, kill fetuses not people.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Hey Homo Genius newsflash: a fetus is a human; it is merely a stage of development but human still. How is it possible to be so ignorant Jines? Wow.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A human fetus is human, all right. It's not a fish or a dog.

"Being" I have a problem with, when applied to a non-viable fetus. We don't normally call a fish or dog a being, though they might be included in the broad definition of the term.

Usually when we say "human being," we're talking about a person. As I've said on prior occasions, a non-viable fetus is not a person; it's a fetus.

Posts: 6157 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
But a human nonetheless albeit one in development. It has all the characteristics it will ever have as a mature human being. To call it less is to deny reality and our very humanity.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Hey Homo Genius newsflash: a fetus is a human; it is merely a stage of development but human still. How is it possible to be so ignorant Jines? Wow.

at 15-20 weeks, it's not a human - can't survive outside the womb - and that is actually SCIENCE - removing it is interesting, but you aren't 'killing' a human

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
it is not a :
dog
cat
monkey
etc etc
kill it if you wish
it is
HUMAN
Homo Sapien
from embryo to death
THAT IS SCIENCE

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Love ya - my opinion is that until it is viable, it's not actually a human being -- and yeah, i get the science that at conception is has the same genes as if it lived 100 years, more or less

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
When people say Guns kill people but I never heard them saying, abortions kill people

. . . abortions, with the possible exception of late term abortions, kill fetuses not people.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
Love ya - my opinion is that until it is viable, it's not actually a human being -- and yeah, i get the science that at conception is has the same genes as if it lived 100 years, more or less

So viability is your standard for humanity? That is a moving target isn’t it? And what do you mean by exist outside the womb; feed itself? Care for itself? Clarify.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
even in death
the remains are human

as to people
some humans do not achieve that state

ie: some barristers for example

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If a person is in a horrible car crash and lives on IV hydration and nutrition, eliminates through catheters and diapers, and is on assisted ventilation without the ability to speak for themselves are they not human beings in that time period?

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
You can see how flimsy an argument Jeffeosso is making. I would have much more respect for these liberals if they would man up and simply admit it is a human being and they favor killing it. At least they would be honest about it. Trying to whitewash it by calling it a fetus or a clump of cells is so soy boy.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Jeffeosso

do not think/believe he is a "liberal" -
as in left wing voter at all

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the laugh, of calling me a soyboy. I'll be chuckling about that for days. But, tbh, I am socially pretty liberal in the classic sense.

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . the GOP has lost sight of the fact that many conservatives, people that favor fiscal responsibility, a strong defense, personal freedom, etc., are actually socially more liberal leaning. Comes from their belief in personal responsibility and individual liberty . . . today’s GOP just wants conformity with fringe leanings.

Mike

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
If a person is in a horrible car crash and lives on IV hydration and nutrition, eliminates through catheters and diapers, and is on assisted ventilation without the ability to speak for themselves are they not human beings in that time period?

If that person was me, I would love to be able to decide or have made it clear in a living will, that euthanasia would be an option. I had a minor procedure last Friday and brought my dnr with me

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
brought my dnr with me

an appropriate "adult" decision

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

If that person was me, I would love to be able to decide or have made it clear in a living will, that euthanasia would be an option. I had a minor procedure last Friday and brought my dnr with me

This.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:
brought my dnr with me

an appropriate "adult" decision

And this....do your children and/or grandchildren have a,dnr?

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Yes, and I respect your thought process here.

But, I personally know a person who was in that condition for about 90 days who is alive and well and as normal as you and I (using the term loosely). He and his son are headed out to their deer lease today for OK opening day.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The fact IS that abortion is killing a human being…one that is in the most vulnerable of states and completely dependent on its life support system with NO way to advocate for itself.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree its killing a human being.

So is self defense.

The point being that it isn't a criminal killing.

Its a construct of law. Just not a very consistent law, morally.

The difference between a DNR order and an abortion is that the abortee isn't given a choice. The mother, as agent of her body is.

Legally, where and when you get rights is rather curious to me. If a fetus isn't a human life, why are we allowing courts to prosecute folks who injure the mom and cause fetal demise for murder... this sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't is the problem here from a logical standpoint.

Posts: 10662 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Because the harm done is against the agency of the mother who wanted to birth the to be child.

We do not even best full term, grown children and young adults with full rights/agency.

Despite Dr. Easter’s complaints, no am early term fetus or zygote is not a human being.

Posts: 10962 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Because the harm done is against the agency of the mother who wanted to birth the to be child.
So why is it murder?

We do not even best full term, grown children and young adults with full rights/agency.

Despite Dr. Easter’s complaints, no am early term fetus or zygote is not a human being.

Sorry, they are. Just not in the eyes of the law, except in some cases.

Posts: 10662 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Legally, where and when you get rights is rather curious to me. If a fetus isn't a human life, why are we allowing courts to prosecute folks who injure the mom and cause fetal demise for murder... this sometimes it is, and sometimes it isn't is the problem here from a logical standpoint.

Logic should count......follow the science.....or not....the liberal way.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Murder is defined as unlawful killing of a person. If it’s not a person, they assaulted the mother, and she had a miscarriage.

What you in effect are supporting is a very goofy special crime- assaulting a pregnant woman who wants to have a baby, that results in the crime being significantly upgraded- from a potential misdemeanor to a capital felony in some states.

It’s nonsensical if the fetus is not a human being to treat the mother’s wishes in one case as it is, and in another it’s not.

It’s legal and has legal logic to it, but in absolute terms it’s an oxymoron.