THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    Freedom “of” Religion NOT Freedom “from” Religion
Page 1 2 3 4 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Freedom “of” Religion NOT Freedom “from” Religion Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Some of the most academically proficient schools in the nation are parochial schools — proving both academics and faith can subside parallel efficiently.

Then send your kid to a parochial school if you desire religion to be part of the education that they receive.

Why is it you feel the need to push your beliefs upon others? If you ever wonder why participation in religion has declined in America, look no farther than your own posts. Nobody likes having religion pushed upon them, some people get darn right cranky about it. I'm one of them. Keep it to yourself and your family, quite simple really.

You can be cranky all you want…your prerogative and certainly no concern of mind. A good Christian shares the good news AND is the duty of a Christian to do so.

I beg to differ on your analysis on having faith. America’s latter 20th century war on religion has altered the course as that is when the decline began.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Share the news all you want, just quit being so damn pushy about it.

The whole problem with you right wing fanatical Christians is that you fail to realize that most America is simply not interested in what you are selling(the hard sale, used car salesman bit gets really old).

Differ all you want, the fact remains that religion is in decline and you pushy busy bodies are to fault.

You will see plenty of push back, note the recent outcomes at the ballot box in deep red Kansas as the Holy Roller faction tries to force it's views on the populace. Not much different from the general trend in the 2022 election cycle.

Once again Lane, you have proven through your posts how very important it is stop the Christian Nationalist movement.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Share the news all you want, just quit being so damn pushy about it.

The whole problem with you right wing fanatical Christians is that you fail to realize that most America is simply not interested in what you are selling(the hard sale, used car salesman bit gets really old).

We are debating on a forum. While I have bought a very nice rifle from you…you don’t know me from Adam. If you did…you would not make that ^^^ statement.

Differ all you want, the fact remains that religion is in decline and you pushy busy bodies are to fault.

The gvt war on religion is the culprit. Until it began in the latter 20th…there was no decline. Your thinking is to blame and your logic is flawed.

You will see plenty of push back, note the recent outcomes at the ballot box in deep red Kansas as the Holy Roller faction tries to force it's views on the populace. Not much different from the general trend in the 2022 election cycle.

Once again Lane, you have proven through your posts how very important it is stop the Christian Nationalist movement.

Yep…faithful Christians do so much harm…one of the most important crises facing the world for sure! Roll Eyes

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36644 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This whole thread has been your attempt to rationalize pushing Christianity on the populace through prayer in public schools. Incredibly pushy, there is no mistaking your position on the issue. Your religious beliefs supercede the rights of the minority, clear as could be.

It is not a Government war on religion but rather a changing of societal views. We are not going back to the 1950's, times have changed.

I have no problem at all with faithful Christians, I have many that are close friends. The problem is that you want the Government to help you promote Christianity.

It is you are trying to force your views upon others that I find incredibly annoying, not the fact that you are a faithful Christian.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
This whole thread has been your attempt to rationalize pushing Christianity on the populace through prayer in public schools. Incredibly pushy, there is no mistaking your position on the issue. Your religious beliefs supercede the rights of the minority, clear as could be.

I believe government should stay the hell out of it period. If schools “want” to have prayer…”allow” them. This is freedom of religion…Constitutionally guaranteed. Forcing them to have none is freedom from religion, currently pushed by the gvt, and not Constitutionally guaranteed. Gvt stay out of People lives and let the like minded live as they see fit. You and your ilk are the pushy ones. I and mine have always just taken it. I advocate for Christians voicing there opinion.

It is not a Government war on religion but rather a changing of societal views. We are not going back to the 1950's, times have changed.

Just don’t pretend that it is enthusiastic Christians causing the decline…it is the lack of enthusiasm and the vigor of your think that has spurred it on.

I have no problem at all with faithful Christians, I have many that are close friends. The problem is that you want the Government to help you promote Christianity.

Not! I want them to quit fighting the promotion of Christianity on the local level. Just stay away from it completely…have no opinion.

It is you are trying to force your views upon others that I find incredibly annoying,

That is your perception and in reality not so. I advocate for tolerance and government staying the hell out of it. You on the other hand insists on government enforcement. not the fact that you are a faithful Christian.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Public Schools are the Government, what you are advocating for is for the Feds to get out of the way of local Government stepping on the rights of the minority. Schools should not be pushing prayer because as many others have pointed out on this thread, not everyone may agree. You are entitled to your view but not the use of public resources to promote your view. They "allow" prayer in school now, parochial schools.

You might ask yourself how a lack of enthusiasm and vigor came about in society. Possible that the behavior of the "religious" has anything to do with it? I think much of America is disillusioned with religion but not God or Spirituality. The scandal with the priests in the Catholic Church is just the tip of the iceberg. Whatever you do, refrain from introspection:

https://www.nytimes.com/2022/0...church-scandals.html

https://www.reuters.com/invest...alwell-relationship/

https://www.theguardian.com/wo...sexual-abuse-scandal

You are failing to recognize that local Government is bound by the Constitution. The Feds have a right and a responsibility to stand up for the rights of the minority. We are not a Democracy but rather a Constitutional Republic, that is a very important distinction. You seem to want local sentiment to override the minorities rights and that is simply not allowed in our system.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
You are failing to recognize that local Government is bound by the Constitution.

I don’t believe prayer in school violates the Constitution. I hope it is re-litigated.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
You seem to want local sentiment to override the minorities rights and that is simply not allowed in our system.

I don’t believe there was a Constitutional right to be sheltered from religion intended. I hope that subject gets revisited.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Actually, my participation is more that the secular humanists (which as I argued are a religion) are forcing the schools to indoctrinate their religion to the masses and that the schools are going out of their way to go along with it.

When they threaten people with expulsion or firing for praying before/after a school function; when they demand that a piece of artwork that has been there for a long time due to it "being religious" and "offensive" to "minorities" it has gone too far.

It seems that you getting offended by someone praying or that it takes a moment of time that you would rather not spend... I don't see your dislike of various left wing things (minority holidays/activities) and demanding that they be kept out of the schools? Rather, you seem to think that forcing people to do this somehow is fostering empathy.

My personal view is not that the schools should be fostering Christianity, but rather they should be tolerating it actively by telling the humanists that they don't have to believe the christian prayer, but rather exercise the same tolerance they are espousing for LGBTQ, BLM, etc. and firing teachers who insist on using parroting of their personal political and social values in the classroom.

Step back... are you not insisting that your views be forced on others by your no religious expression be allowed in schools?

I will grant there is a fine line in what can be tolerated. Certainly, there can be a point where a minority kid could feel pressured to perform a certain way due to peer pressure, but I would argue that if you cannot resist peer pressure (as opposed to the pressure placed by authority or by violence) then you really need to reassess your belief structure.

It is my feeling that the secular humanists have just gone too far, not that the idea of small "s" secular institutions is wrong.

Its kind of coming down to this idea of the minority studies folks that those who are in the minority cannot be racist/sexist/bigoted because "they have no power."

In modern America, it seems anyone who is offended has power through the courts and bureaucracy.

If everyone would be able to accept that being offended isn't unconstitutional, it would go quite a ways.

quote:

It is you are trying to force your views upon others that I find incredibly annoying, not the fact that you are a faithful Christian.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

Step back... are you not insisting that your views be forced on others by your no religious expression be allowed in schools?

Not a bit, you have this completely twisted in your head. I never once said no religious expression should be allowed in schools. I have said the schools(the Government) should not be using taxpayer resources to promote any religious views. That is not even remotely similar.

Its kind of coming down to this idea of the minority studies folks that those who are in the minority cannot be racist/sexist/bigoted because "they have no power."

I completely disagree, this comes down to public schools should use taxpayer dollars for education, not to promote religion.