New
Find
Notify
Tools

GOP Senators call Tuberville a lier. Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
The point was made above that officers that we have invested millions in our leaving the service. Isn’t that costing the taxpayers far more than transport for abortions?

Of course, it is. Your taxpayer issue is a red herring.

It’s ironic, that you Lane, who is a pro-military person will praise the conduct of of a first term senator that reduces the strength of that military you claim to support.

Also, we all find it amusing when you arguments are falling apart that you always resort to bragging about your financial success. Be forewarned, if Trump is re-elected, your financial wherewithall will be meaningless.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
The point was made above that officers that we have invested millions in our leaving the service. Isn’t that costing the taxpayers far more than transport for abortions?

Obviously the military could give a rat’s ass. A simple stroke of the pen with a policy of a year that 12 people have used seems to be a hill they are willing to die on.

Of course, it is. Your taxpayer issue is a red herring.

It’s ironic, that you Lane, who is a pro-military person will praise the conduct of of a first term senator that reduces the strength of that military you claim to support.

Total BS. If the military was worried about it…they would change.

Also, we all find it amusing when you arguments are falling apart that you always resort to bragging about your financial success. Be forewarned, if Trump is re-elected, your financial wherewithall will be meaningless.
I flourished under Trump before…I expect I will again if were to come to pass. To the rest of this statement I don’t even know what the hell you are talking about.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Old cat wasn't worried at about the "purge" of high ranking military under his hero obama.

quote:

Wonder why???? Didnt they cost millions to train????

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If Tuberville didn’t live up to his word to fellow republicans, I don’t know that I would call that lying. Did he know that he wasn’t going to do so when he promised?

On the other hand, he is not a man of his word or a man of honor.

Similar to the DoD types who are knowingly violating federal law because they disagree with it. They gave their oath to follow all legal orders and the law regarding no abortion care being provided by the DoD is legal.

If a military member came to me as an officer, I would certainly grant them leave that they had accrued, but it would not happen that I would sign a government travel voucher. The law is what it is. It’s dumb, and I think that military doctors should certainly be providing the care on base if it is community standard of practice in the US… which by federal law, it is…

Posts: 10658 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
If Tuberville didn’t live up to his word to fellow republicans, I don’t know that I would call that lying. Did he know that he wasn’t going to do so when he promised?

On the other hand, he is not a man of his word or a man of honor.

Similar to the DoD types who are knowingly violating federal law because they disagree with it. They gave their oath to follow all legal orders and the law regarding no abortion care being provided by the DoD is legal.

If a military member came to me as an officer, I would certainly grant them leave that they had accrued, but it would not happen that I would sign a government travel voucher. The law is what it is. It’s dumb, and I think that military doctors should certainly be providing the care on base if it is community standard of practice in the US… which by federal law, it is…

Then you would rightfully be relieved of your command. Officers carry out DOD policy or leave, there is no middle ground. Service members aren't taking "leave" they are being granted "administrative absence", and if travel is authorized it's paid for.

Link

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
When you do not live up to your word, you are lying.

The Definition of a lier:

“I do not support men, who do not keep their word.” Sen. Joni Ernst.

I note Sen. Tuberville and the fat rights biggest supporter, Dr. Easter, who loved to tell us about how he votes his religiosity, does not address the lying.

Posts: 10955 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Elaborate. I not seeing the facts behind this “not living up to his word” narrative.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
You see the quote. That was directed at Tuberville on the Floor of the Senste when I made this post.

I’ll believe her.

Posts: 10955 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Elaborate. I not seeing the facts behind this “not living up to his word” narrative.

It is my understanding, perhaps flawed, that Tuberville told the other Republican Senators that if the Nominees were brought individually he would not object, then immediately did so over and over.

Posts: 9580 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Hmmm.

Seems Tommy made a commitment to the constituents of Alabama and is keeping his word to them.

https://x.com/ttuberville/stat...252475981123939?s=46

https://x.com/1819news/status/...516516897013781?s=46

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmm.

Seems Tommy made a commitment to the constituents of Alabama and is keeping his word to them.

Hmmm.

Seems he made it to 42%...

quote:
The poll, conducted by Public Policy Polling and commissioned by VoteVets, found that 58 percent of Alabama voters think Tuberville has “made his point” with his hold and that he should “now allow senior military promotions to move forward.”

Link

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
One thing about it…Alabama can vote him out if they dislike him.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Hmmm.

When did he make this "commitment"? During the election before this policy existed?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
One thing about it…Alabama can vote him out if they dislike him.

Idiots like you elected (and would elect again) a seditionist serial liar to be POTUS. I take no comfort in the idea that the good citizens of Alabama, who saw fit to elect this Tuberville moron to be a United States Senator based solely on the fact that he was a successful football coach might vote him out next go-round.

What he's doing is dangerous and harmful. Dems should start forcing an individual vote on every recommended promotion.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15127 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote