New
Find
Notify
Tools

GOP Senators call Tuberville a lier. Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
https://www.politico.com/news/...ry-blockade-00124877

“I do not support men, who do not keep their word.” Sen. Joni Ernst.

https://apnews.com/article/tub...5a329a98208785ea80f9

Dr. Easter’s brand is not Conservatism. It is not Libertarianism. It is these crazy, stupid far right minority that is leading the horse.

Posts: 10955 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
first, to be clear, i find tommy's antics to be repugnant

not to really be a nitpicker, but the word is liar - idk what a lier is

but, i have searched your provided link for bot spellings, and oddly, neither liar or lier appear in the text of the article.

the closest i could find were that some senators disagree with tommy's positions, and that some officers and ret officers feel that the pentagon's stance on abortion should have no play in promotions...

I tend to agree with those officers - While I have thoughts on abortion, my thoughts and feelings should NEVER come into "play" when a woman needs to make a choice

I am a firm supporter of "my body, my choice" - in terms of abortion, vaccines, tobacco , drugs, and euthanasia.

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Look at the Senator’s quote. That quote was directed to Tuberville on the Floor of the Senate.

That is the definition of a lier.

I noticed a typo in your post.

Posts: 10955 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Kudos to Senator Tuberville. I think you will find he is steadfast.

All the military has to do is quit using taxpayer money to fund abortion. Pretty simple and straightforward. It IS a position I support.

He is not asking them to restrict there personal freedom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

All the military has to do is quit using taxpayer money to fund abortion. Pretty simple and straightforward. It IS a position I support.

A great post. It illustrates two concepts perfectly. One, it shows the clear hypocrisy of the fanatical fringe right. If the shoe were on the other foot and you had a Dem senator holding up military commissions for some pet liberal policy such as transgender rights . . . rest assured they would be screaming like a scalded cat. Two, it shows the biggest problem with our current political system. In an effort to pander to the fringes of both parties, there is no concept of statesmanship any more. There is no notion that individual political positions and beliefs have to make way for the broader interests of the country. It is all about me, not about us.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
first, to be clear, i find tommy's antics to be repugnant

not to really be a nitpicker, but the word is liar - idk what a lier is

but, i have searched your provided link for bot spellings, and oddly, neither liar or lier appear in the text of the article.

the closest i could find were that some senators disagree with tommy's positions, and that some officers and ret officers feel that the pentagon's stance on abortion should have no play in promotions...

I tend to agree with those officers - While I have thoughts on abortion, my thoughts and feelings should NEVER come into "play" when a woman needs to make a choice

I am a firm supporter of "my body, my choice" - in terms of abortion, vaccines, tobacco , drugs, and euthanasia.

Not to really be a nitpicker but the word is both, a bot is a self-executing computer code, generally malicious.

And nor is the proper word with neither when comparing two things in the negative, not or. That is used with either.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9579 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pass a law they says the military cannot.

You do not have the votes. You are on the team of fools.
He is not asking them to restrict their personal freedom.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The definition of a lier spoken to Tuberville on the floor of the Senate.

“I do not support men, who do not keep their word.” Sen. Joni Ernst.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

The military made the decision that servicemembers should not have their health care choices determined by their assignments, over which they have little control, so those stationed in third-world States can travel to civilization for health care at need.

A perfectly reasonable policy that gets Tuberville's shorts in a twist.

We are losing highly-qualified officers we have spent years and millions of dollars training for our National defense because of Tuberville's hissy fit, and his fellow Republicans are finally experiencing some of the damage he's doing.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9579 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Tuberville wasn’t much of a coach and obviously he’s not much of a senator. Holding the officer corp hostage is unconscionable……

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13164 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Nothing like being "steadfast" when you are wrong. Just like you being "steadfast" in your support for felons, and soon to be felons, as long as they are "riding for the brand". ledvm, you never cease to amaze me.

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
quote:

Nothing like being "steadfast" when you are wrong. Just like you being "steadfast" in your support for felons, and soon to be felons, as long as they are "riding for the brand". ledvm, you never cease to amaze me.

And then there are old women like that are steadfast in their idiotic leftist beliefs and support criminals like Hillary and sloppy joe.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Poor, stupid JTEX, the pop-up clown. I OWN him..... https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mbXXHqYl91s ... but back on the subject.

Tuberville plays right into our enemies' hands.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NcOQdCYBQ4A

The Air Force is recruiting 42 year-olds now. Careers are being cut short by Tuberville's "steadfastness". The Republicans give us all a good reason to vote Democrat for the foreseeable future.

Posts: 13782 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Pure idiocy. Even Lady Lindsey Graham knows it opens Pandora's box. Compromising our military readiness for a cultural issue. Hopefully, no Democratic senator would be so clueless as to engage in such a stunt in the future, but what goes around comes around.

Kinzinger is right. The GOP "needs to burn."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Yz0kfQPsTA

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15127 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
quote:

Wrong? Hmmm. Don’t think so.

All the military has to do to get past Tuberville is to simply stop using taxpayer’s money to pay for abortion. Pretty simple concept…I am certain even you can grasp. Could happen with a quick and simple policy statement.

But I am glad I provided you some amazement for your seemingly boring life.

Want some more? You don’t live far away. Drive up. I will take you hog-hunting and show you how a successful multifaceted oil & gas, ranching, veterinary industry, real-estate, and investing enterprise operates in-spite of the obstacles that shallow thinking individuals such as yourself support.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
[QUOTE]Originally posted by ledvm:

Yeah your side already injected cultural issues not the military remember (see Richard Levine)?

Pure idiocy. Even Lady Lindsey Graham knows it opens Pandora's box. Compromising our military readiness for a cultural issue. Hopefully, no Democratic senator would be so clueless as to engage in such a stunt in the future, but what goes around comes around.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What gets me about the abortion pay for time and travel is that it’s clearly going against the intent of the law.

Congress passed a law prohibiting the military from providing abortions.

You can argue if the law is a good idea (I don’t think so) but if it is the law, the executive and the services who are oath sworn to follow civilian commands shouldn’t be playing get around games.

Change the law if it’s bad.

But this is part of our national malaise- you disagree with the law, find a way around it… be it bump stocks or paying for travel and time for a procedure you are forbidden to provide.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
the idiots position
quote:
Tuberville has opposed swiftly confirming hundreds of officers in a bid to force the Pentagon to overturn its policy of covering the costs for troops to travel to seek an abortion

I am not sure of the chapter and verse of the policy, so I'll speculate that there is a policy to cover the costs of travel to get medical procedures that are not available on-base or locally, which seems entirely reasonable to me - I, frankly, see it as a HIPAA violation for "command" to require information of the services to be rendered, and no, I don't see that as a roadblock to good judgment. Under the concept of equal protection and application of the law, whatever services aren't provided on base or locally, should be covered, due to the "soldier" having next to zero say in where they are stationed.

It seems unreasonable, to me, that TT can block promotions over his pet project - oh, i can see where standing on principle is important, i don't agree with ANY ONE PERSON holding up proceedings --

if i haven't made it clear enough, i think abortion should be legal, as a reproductive right. I also don't think it should be considered a contraceptive, there's a fallacy imbedded in that, i am aware. i am too dang old for it to be directly relevant to me, and even when I was younger, i didn't have a deciding say in the matter, once it could have became an issue.

a little further research found that this is tied to the hyde amendment - and i find myself in an odd place -in that not only do I find myself agreeing with a Hillary position, i think it doesn't go far enough, when she said
quote:
Hillary Clinton advocated for a repeal of the Hyde Amendment throughout her 2016 Presidential campaign.[16] She was quoted as saying, "Any right that requires you to take extraordinary measures to access it is no right at all", at a campaign rally in New Hampshire.[32] The Democrat vice presidential candidate Tim Kaine reportedly stood with his running mate on the issue, despite formerly having been a supporter of the Hyde Amendment
- to which I would add -- that includes 2a

I also looked up the pentagon's policy on reproductive access - which has basically 2 parts - if someone needs leave to attend to a reproductive issue, including both fertility treatments and abortion, they need only inform their commander of that, and will be granted leave - I disagree that the second part, which covers reimbursement, requires HIPAA invasive information to be shared with command. I can see the possibility of abuse there.

TT's pov is somewhat understandable, from his POV, but not sustainable in the eyes of the law.

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
If is position is untenable in the eyes of the law...let the law correct it.

If he was not intended to have the ability to maintain his position...the Constitution/Senate Rules would not grant it.

I again applaud Senator Tuberville. For once a principled individual with cahonies cajones!

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . and tell us, if it was a Dem doing the same thing over a DOD position adverse to transgender rights would you feel the same way about the process?

. . . by the way it is cajones. One would think that the landed gentry of South Texas would know how to spell such a commonly used term.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Actually my autocorrect on my phone changed it. But good job on the spell check.

Maybe you can work with your cohorts Doug and Joshua…have yet to see them make a post without multiple misspelled words.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
. . . I’ll presume that you skipped the question since you assumed that we would all already know your answer. Of course you would be wailing like stuck pig if a Dem did the same thing Tubby is doing. You’d be waxing on about how the person was putting the country’s security in jeopardy, putting the lives of soldiers at risk, etc. With you it is all about the end justifying the means.

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Tuberville wasn’t much of a coach and obviously he’s not much of a senator. Holding the officer corp hostage is unconscionable……

This pretty much says it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Tuberville is doing the same thing the DOD is doing- he is not following the spirit of the law to get his way.

The whole HIPPA part is a farce.

If the command can’t be told that the service member is going to have an abortion, then any service member can say they are going for a medical procedure that’s not available on base and the military is obliged to pay their time (not chargeable as leave) and travel expenses.

De facto, why have leave policies, if this is the case. They can go when and where they wish with no requirement for verification.

I think the policy is a bad one, just like I think Tuberville’s stunt is a bad one.

But if we allow anyone to pick and choose what policy will be, the whole system falls apart.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
The flaw in your argument is that when someone objects to a policy, the way to address that issue is to debate it, align support for your position, push legislation to address the issue, etc. It is not to use a procedural mechanism to hold some part of the government hostage until they concede to your position . . . the Tubberville equivalent of the 7 year old throwing a tantrum at the check out line to try and force his mom to buy him a candy bar. Let’s address policy disagreements the right way, not hold the military hostage until they capitulate to your position.

Mike

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
. . . and tell us, if it was a Dem doing the same thing over a DOD position adverse to transgender rights would you feel the same way about the process?

Of course! The process is the process.

I would be shouting from the rooftops at how wrong he/she was on the subject but I would condone the process. If the constituents of Alabama feel he is wrong they can let him know. If he doesn’t listen, they can vote him out.

As to this policy the military has adopted, which is totally new policy used by very few…it is clearly an end-around the law. It IS taxpayer dollars being spent on abortion.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

I would be shouting from the rooftops at how wrong he/she was on the subject but I would condone the process. If the constituents of Alabama feel he is wrong they can let him know. If he doesn’t listen, they can vote him out.

As to this policy the military has adopted, which is totally new policy used by very few…it is clearly an end-around the law. It IS taxpayer dollars being spent on abortion.

It's not an end-around anything. Military personnel usually don't get to pick the state where they will serve. That's part of being in the military. The policy is designed to accommodate service members who, through no fault of their own, are required to live in a state that prohibits abortion but who, for whatever reason, have chosen to terminate their pregnancy. The only way to do that for service members living in states like Texas (which now prohibits virtually all abortions) is to have the financial capability to travel to a pro-choice state.

Tuberville is a moron.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's not an end-around anything. Military personnel usually don't get to pick the state where they will serve. That's part of being in the military. The policy is designed to accommodate service members who, through no fault of their own, are required to live in a state that prohibits abortion but who, for whatever reason, have chosen to terminate their pregnancy. The only way to do that for service members living in states like Texas (which now prohibits virtually all abortions) is to have the financial capability to travel to a pro-choice state.

Tuberville is a moron.

I am 100% with you on this, Mike

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

That Pandora's box? Its already been opened.....

Openly gay in the military and now transgender in the military??? The left loves those they are liberal issues....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
quote:

That Pandora's box? Its already been opened.....

Openly gay in the military and now transgender in the military??? The left loves those they are liberal issues....

What did Goldwater say? You don't have to be straight, you only have to shoot straight. Gay or whatever is of no consequence except from people like you.

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Tuberville is a moron.

quote:
The Hyde Amendment is a legislative provision barring the use of federal funds to pay for abortion, except to save the life of the woman, or if the pregnancy arises from incest or rape.

I suppose you will agree that the military is funded by the Federal Government by taxpayers?

Yessir, you may not agree with the law (current version signed into law by Clinton), but the NEW military policy is an end-around the law.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, those who are gay who are willing to serve in the military the same as straight people, we do not have a don’t say straight policy, are abominations.

If the current policy was in violation of Federal Administrative Law Jurisprudence, the Fed Courts would say so.

The S. Ct., recognition that marriage is Federally protected, fundamental right to consenting adults if same sex allowed military benefits to follow to those spouses. The Don’t as Don’t Tell cannot be enforced given that decision as it would be a gender based discrimination on Fed marriage benefits. The affect is they have to be open.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Hyde Amendment is a legislative provision barring the use of federal funds to pay for abortion, except to save the life of the woman, or if the pregnancy arises from incest or rape.

Unless I'm missing something, the military does NOT pay for abortions, only grants leave and travel expenses. Those travel expenses are a direct result of the military putting these people in locations where the procedures cannot be done, therefore requiring travel.

Posts: 15882 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Yeah, those who are gay who are willing to serve in the military the same as straight people, we do not have a don’t say straight policy, are abominations.

If the current policy was in violation of Federal Administrative Law Jurisprudence, the Fed Courts would say so.

The policy has been in effect for 12 months. Approximately 12 people have used it. Has anyone filed a suit? The courts are not going to voluntarily speak out.

The S. Ct., recognition that marriage is Federally protected, fundamental right to consenting adults if same sex allowed military benefits to follow to those spouses. The Don’t as Don’t Tell cannot be enforced given that decision as it would be a gender based discrimination on Fed marriage benefits. The affect is they have to be open.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:

Unless I'm missing something, the military does NOT pay for abortions, only grants leave and travel expenses. Those travel expenses are a direct result of the military putting these people in locations where the procedures cannot be done, therefore requiring travel.

Travel expenses are tax payer dollars used go facilitate abortion.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty sure Fed Employee Health Insurance is not within the spirit of the law.

If Congress hates it so much pass another law. Oh wait, you do not have the votes.

Your policy on abortion is costing GOP elections across the US.

Good and Good Riddance.

Maybe the fact no one has filed suit, and the fact few would have standing to do so speaks volumes to me.

You are what is killing the GOO from being an alternative to Dems.

I say it again, KY is going to keep a Dem Governor against a Trump backed candidate over your stupid position over Abortion.

Dobbs is bad law and calls into question the incorporation of the 2Nd Amendment.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Pretty sure Fed Employee Health Insurance is not within the spirit of the law.

This has NOTHING to do with health insurance. 2020

If Congress hates it so much pass another law. Oh wait, you do not have the votes.

Hates what?

Your policy on abortion is costing GOP elections across the US.

Good and Good Riddance.

Maybe the fact no one has filed suit, and the fact few would have standing to do so speaks volumes to me.

You are what is killing the GOO from being an alternative to Dems.

I say it again, KY is going to keep a Dem Governor against a Trump backed candidate over your stupid position over Abortion.

Dobbs is bad law and calls into question the incorporation of the 2Nd Amendment.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Apparently, it does have to do a health insurance.

Health insurance is what is paying.

If Congress hates the agency’s action.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
How is the military reimbursement for travel expenses specifically to get an abortion an insurance issue?

J. Lane Easter, DVM