THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    The Supreme Court looks set to make Steve Bannon's dream come true
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

The Supreme Court looks set to make Steve Bannon's dream come true Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:

Government is best that Governs when it needs to.

That's Statism - the actual quote (sometimes attributed to Thoreau), is
quote:
The best government is that which governs least

Definition of Statism: "concentration of economic controls and planning in the hands of a highly centralized government often extending to government ownership of industry"

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Night-watchman_state

A night-watchman state, or minarchy, whose proponents are known as minarchists, is a model of a state that is limited and minimal, whose functions depend on libertarian theory.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Social_contract

Social Contract

Jefferson's social contract:
Jefferson explains the social contract theory that when you are alone, you are sovereign, and when you join with others you have to negotiate what is for the commonwealth, and negotiate what natural rights you get to keep after adjustment by the government.
https://jeffersonhour.com/blog...y%20the%20government.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19765 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
oh, you forgot the compelled speech, actions, nanny state, and surrender of individual rights
"if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear"
"i am from the government and I am here to help"
are other famous statist comments

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Agencies can only act within the Enabling Statute passed by Congress.

I recognize that. However, wide latitude and discretion is currently allowed to humor the current administration’s agenda (as long as it melds with their own). This is what NEEDS to be narrowed.

You, not Jefffive, are wrong.

If you look back above…I edited that post. He replied quickly and I had made a poor choice of words.

That is what Chevron is all about whether the agency is exercising discretion granted by the Enabling Statute in a reasonable manner. Not everything an agency does is entitled to Chevron Difference.

Go read Chevron and just as important Skidmore.

The Courts have already took a half step back w the Major Questions Doctrine. For that, go read FDA v. Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corp.

Otherwise, you do not even have an opinion without reading those cases. What you have is simple ignorance.

Guess who got Chevron through? Justice Scalia would be the Justice.

The only area an agency may act wo an Enabling Statute is when an agency can be said to be acting within the authority or power vested in the Executive Branch by the Constitution as a separate and delegated power.

Another concept that has become exploited in the last 50 years.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
oh, you forgot the compelled speech, actions, nanny state, and surrender of individual rights
"if you have nothing to hide, you have nothing to fear"
"i am from the government and I am here to help"
are other famous statist comments

Here's a recent quote that is destined or distained: Smiler

"You’ll Need an F-16 to Go Against the Government." Joe Biden

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b61a190d354ae&ei=162

==============================================

Again, Slo Joe ain't into what's happenin'. Smiler

F-16s, AR 15s, 44 mags, etc. - who needs such weapons when the attack on the government has such weapons as Trump, Trumpsters, the majority of SCOTUS, practically all of GOPer congress, Heritage Foundation and many other conservative orgs and think tanks, Judges like Eileen Cannon, Steve Bannon and Mike Flynn, christofacists and Christian Nationalists, far right militias, duped fascist fodder masses, capitalist oligarch mega-donors, etc.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19765 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...b61a190d354ae&ei=437

Mass demonstrations send clear message to far-right 'tyranny of the minority'

https://www.msn.com/en-us/vide...wOC?ocid=socialshare

Mass demonstrations against Germany’s major far-right party

XXX

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

I recognize that. However, wide latitude and discretion is currently allowed to humor the current administration’s agenda (as long as it melds with their own). This is what NEEDS to be narrowed.

If you look back above…I edited that post. He replied quickly and I had made a poor choice of words.

That is what Chevron is all about whether the agency is exercising discretion granted by the Enabling Statute in a reasonable manner. Not everything an agency does is entitled to Chevron Difference.

The Courts have already took a half step back w the Major Questions Doctrine. For that, go read FDA v. Brown & Williamson Tobacco Corp.

Otherwise, you do not even have an opinion without reading those cases. What you have is simple ignorance.

The only area an agency may act wo an Enabling Statute is when an agency can be said to be acting within the authority or power vested in the Executive Branch by the Constitution as a separate and delegated power.

Yawn: You have never read Chevron or Skidmore. Skidmore was also put over by Justice Scalia. As you have demonstrated in this thread, you have no idea what you are talking about.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Yawn: You have never read Chevron or Skidmore. Skidmore was also put over by Justice Scalia. As you have demonstrated in this thread, you have no idea what you are talking about.

It's neat how he admits that when he's wrong he doesn't simply admit it but goes back and edits what he said.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
quote:
quote:

It's neat how he admits that when he's wrong he doesn't simply admit it but goes back and edits what he said.

I edited almost immediately when I read what I had written…you were just sitting on my post and replied almost immediately.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36638 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I edited almost immediately when I read what I had written…you were just sitting on my post and replied almost immediately.

Just can't admit being wrong...

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Wrong…the executive branch controls the agencies.

That statement, temporarily made by me, was fundamentally inaccurate. Hence, I corrected it (almost immediately) with:

quote:
The executive branch directs the agencies with much discretion.

This^^^statement is accurate. The discretion should be rained in.

The southern border is a good example of why.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Then change the Enabling Statute. Oh, wait, you do not have the votes.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Wrong…the executive branch controls the agencies.

That statement, temporarily made by me, was fundamentally inaccurate. Hence, I corrected it (almost immediately) with:

quote:
The executive branch directs the agencies with much discretion.

This^^^statement is accurate. The discretion should be rained in.

The southern border is a good example of why.

It's "reined" in, you know, like the straps that control a horse.

You know what a horse is, don't you?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
You bring up the Southern Border.

The GOP never brought a border security/migration bill in 2016-2018.

Your part of the GOP is actively blocking a border bill.

The answer is to pass legislation, present legislation to be voted on, or stop complaining.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...012fa8b9591c7c&ei=62

The Plan to Incapacitate the Federal Government

https://www.msn.com/en-us/vide...cid=socialshare&t=23

The end of government as we know it? What happens if Chevron deference is overturned.

This week, the Supreme Court heard two cases that have the potential to upend our government function as we know it. If the Supreme Court overturns the 40-year-old doctrine known as Chevron deference, it would drastically shrink the power of federal agencies to regulate much of anything at all. Which means that private businesses and corporations may have more ability to challenge and violate regulations - like environmental regulations, food safety regulations, trading and financial regulations, among others. The knock-on effect of overturning Chevron is difficult to calculate, because it has the potential to impact nearly every facet of our government, and of our daily lives.

XXX