One of Us
Picture of regor
posted Hide Post

Posts: 358 | Location: USA | Registered: 09 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Democracy must be tempered with individual and minority rights.

In the US, we are governed by the people.

Despite the best efforts of the Faction we have, for the better, expanded the definition of the sovereign people beyond white, males of property.

Any individual “party” is not the people.

Now, I know the above concepts are not too complicated and foreign to a monarchy beholden, or at least must provide lip service, to a Religious paradigm.

quote:
A Republic takes into account both the will of the majority and the rights of the minority in an attempt to offset the effects of mob rule. Too much thought required from those amongst us who are use to falling into place according to how close they are related to a Monarch jumping

Exactly right both of you and its not a hard concept to understand.
Yes the majority get to choose who governs, but the govt that formed then has the onus to take into account not just those that support them, but everyone else as well.

Posts: 4294 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
This principle, despite one major disruption being the Civil War caused by States trying to leave the Union to preserve slavery, is what has kept the US together.

Our battles are through the electoral and judicial process in order to expand those individual, minority rights.

Where France for example crumbled under the inability to strike a balance between expanding the franchise (voting rights combined with political power) and securing minority/individual rights be that property rights or class.

The process has not been liner nor fair, but in the broad overview it has worked.

What appeared as Federal Overreach and breach of the 1st Amendment in the Alien and Sedation Act was resolved by an expansion of the Franchise to non wealth frontier males that saw Jefferson and his Party won Federal Election. They repealed the Alien and Sedation Act as they campaigned upon.

This played out with the Bank Controversy, and Tariff Nullification Controversy.

Finally, cumulating in a body of Individual Rights guaranteed against the state legislatures by the Federal Executive and Judicial Branches. A Federal Level of Citizenship. The Old Pre Revolution refrain, “ Why change a tyrant thousand miles away for one a hundred miles away (state legislatures/governors),” was finally being restricted.”

Yes, throughout this process extremes have threatened and use violence to prevent this; Black Panthers who were never as influential or as imbedded in state government as the KKK, leftest who bombed the Capitol, anarchist who bombed Federal Buildings, ANTIFA, and the Faction giving birth to Jan 6 and an attempt to see white nationalist groups posing as Christians coming back.

I must have faith these factions will ultimately fail again. Recent criminal prosecutions does give me hope.

If you desire the other political party to disappear, you are part of the problem and dangerously wrong.

The US, unlike other systems, has room for you to be a trans person living your life enjoying all the rights and privileges as a rancher who votes straight ticket GOP.

Be what you want. We draw the line at physical harm to others and property.

When, one Party, either Party, starts to reject that, we have stress on the system.

Love as you want. Acquire as much property as you want or do not do acquire if that is your desire. Pay your taxes. Drink what you want. Have sex with who you want who is of age and consenting. Preach what you want in your own church or home; it ends there. Your failures are your own. Your successes are shared.

That is the American Dream.

Posts: 11051 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by regor:
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
About as many as you.

Ahhhhhhh Hymen, is it swollen again this morning?

posted 17 June 2023 20:38

That's 8:38 pm central time USA.

That's 5:38 am in Dubai

That's 4:38 am in Moscow.

So, it's morning wherever tregor is, and it ain't the USA.

This initial post was noted 18 June 2023 06:56

It was 9:56 pm here when I posted, June 17, 2023

You tell me if I'm understanding this right.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19830 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
You are. The timing of Igor’s posts and the frequency are indicative of a source outside the US. We went through the same shit several years ago when Hubel, a very senior citizen was ostensibly posting multiple times per hour on numerous threads defending the Chicoms. Like now, it would have been physically impossible for one person to do that. It wouldn’t surprise me if a close analysis of his posts indicated near simultaneous posts on different threads. In fact, I would expect it. He gets a pass because Saeed supports his opinion.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13187 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Seems many of us share a similar idea there.

Posts: 4294 | Location: South Island NZ | Registered: 21 July 2008Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of regor
posted Hide Post
Russia, Russia, Russia………… rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:

Chicom Chicom dancing Big Grin

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3410 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of regor
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

Chicom Chicom dancing Big Grin

rotflmo