Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

Uvalde Grand Jury convened Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
Should those law enforcement officers be indicted?

https://abcnews.go.com/US/uval...g/story?id=106527256

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15121 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
That or tied to logs and fed through a wood chipper feet first.

Posts: 7492 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Yes.
https://abcnews.go.com/US/uval...g/story?id=106527256

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
A shame abject cowardice is only a crime in the military.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:

No.

They should be fired. It needs to follow them on their resumes but putting them in jail serves no value.

What do you say Mike? You put Chauvin in jail for doing his job. Do you now want to put these guy’s in jail for not doing theirs? 2020

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I'm not sure how you can mandate someone must act in a manner that can get them killed.

I think they did wrong. I think that the individuals involved (not the community, as the individuals who did wrong need to be punished, not people who didn't) are what the civil litigation system is for- I don't think any amount of money can bring back the kids- but you can take enough from the guys who didn't do their jobs for them to be reminded of their bad behavior every day for the rest of their lives.

The problem is as far as criminal liability to me is that they didn't do anything... as opposed to deliberately doing wrong.

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
I'm not sure how you can mandate someone must act in a manner that can get them killed.

I think they did wrong. I think that the individuals involved (not the community, as the individuals who did wrong need to be punished, not people who didn't) are what the civil litigation system is for- I don't think any amount of money can bring back the kids- but you can take enough from the guys who didn't do their jobs for them to be reminded of their bad behavior every day for the rest of their lives.

The problem is as far as criminal liability to me is that they didn't do anything... as opposed to deliberately doing wrong.

We expect it of every member of our Armed Forces, who cops like to dress like.

But what they "didn't do" was their sworn duty. Every cop at every agency knows that getting killed in the line of duty is a possibility and if they aren't willing to take that chance they can simply decline the job.

This Country used to shoot or hang soldiers for what these cops did.

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:

We expect it of every member of our Armed Forces, who cops like to dress like.

While I think these cretins should be fired, mocked, and blackballed from ever being a LEO again - Cops are civilians, peckerwood, no matter how they cosplay

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I dont remember, were they told to stand down by someone in authority?

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:

No.

They should be fired. It needs to follow them on their resumes but putting them in jail serves no value.

What do you say Mike? You put Chauvin in jail for doing his job.Do you now want to put these guy’s in jail for not doing theirs? 2020

Thank you for showing us that there is no education limit for having one’s head up their ass.

Posts: 7492 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
quote:
quote:

No.

What do you say Mike? You put Chauvin in jail for doing his job.Do you now want to put these guy’s in jail for not doing theirs? 2020

Thank you for showing us that there is no education limit for having one’s head up their ass.

My psycho stalker is back.

Howdy LDO middlefinger

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36636 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
I dont remember, were they told to stand down by someone in authority?

Yes. The Uvalde chief of police was the on scene officer in charge and he ordered his men to stand by and wait for more equipment and a key to the door they needed to enter- which was later found to be unlocked

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are union cops. Can they be fired? Let go on full double pension? Maybe get them jobs in San Francisco or Chicago. Better yet Minneapolis.

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
If understand it right, combat soldiers are of a certain age, employed in a certain unit and very certain training and co workers.

So the guys in artillery aren't expected to be the first to charge a machine gun nest, the guys flying helicopters aren't expected to drive a tank, the military police aren't expected to parachute behind enemy lines.

So what is the age that a soldier reaches when he's not expected to be able to throw a grenade as far and as well as an 18 year old?

Uvalde buckled my knees. That was the event that made me take the cable lock off my guns and put them all in a safe. I said to myself, I just can't stand the idea of a gun I own ending up in the wrong hands and I put them away.

So what do we expect from our municipal and state police? Cops aren't deployed on hostile shores, they're a few blocks away from a sandwich with their wife. Cops aren't barracks-ed with their "Band of Brothers", they stop at Albertsons on their way home at their kids directions.

If I were a hostage and the cousin of a Delta Force team member that I knew was going to come rescue me, id be thinking my captors were poor, sorry fuckers that really need to grab a Bible and a 32sf piece of linoleum flooring to flatten themselves face down on soon.

On the other hand, if the "force" I knew was tasked with rescuing me normally dealt with traffic and domestic violence, alcohol abuse, residential eviction orders, vehicle impounds and homeless, I think my expectations would be different.

America doesn't expect Navy Seals to console crack babies while waiting for child family services. America doesn't expect Marines to de escalate a confrontation with an irate motorist.

So what should America expect from a 40 year old civilian police officer that has a wife and kids at home, an ex wife and kids across town, one elderly parent still alive, an elderly aunt a half hour away that needs regular visits and coaches t ball?

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
I don't think it will take a Grand Jury long to determine the situation was a 100% CF, however placing the blame is going to be a tough call for them.

It's great being able to armchair QB a situation like that. Bottom line, none of us were there.

From video I recall of the incident none of the leo's were sitting there playing cards and not caring. Very tough situation.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
They really need to drop their “I lay my life on the line every day” line of bullshit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
If understand it right, combat soldiers are of a certain age, employed in a certain unit and very certain training and co workers.

So the guys in artillery aren't expected to be the first to charge a machine gun nest, the guys flying helicopters aren't expected to drive a tank, the military police aren't expected to parachute behind enemy lines.

So what is the age that a soldier reaches when he's not expected to be able to throw a grenade as far and as well as an 18 year old?

Uvalde buckled my knees. That was the event that made me take the cable lock off my guns and put them all in a safe. I said to myself, I just can't stand the idea of a gun I own ending up in the wrong hands and I put them away.

So what do we expect from our municipal and state police? Cops aren't deployed on hostile shores, they're a few blocks away from a sandwich with their wife. Cops aren't barracks-ed with their "Band of Brothers", they stop at Albertsons on their way home at their kids directions.

If I were a hostage and the cousin of a Delta Force team member that I knew was going to come rescue me, id be thinking my captors were poor, sorry fuckers that really need to grab a Bible and a 32sf piece of linoleum flooring to flatten themselves face down on soon.

On the other hand, if the "force" I knew was tasked with rescuing me normally dealt with traffic and domestic violence, alcohol abuse, residential eviction orders, vehicle impounds and homeless, I think my expectations would be different.

America doesn't expect Navy Seals to console crack babies while waiting for child family services. America doesn't expect Marines to de escalate a confrontation with an irate motorist.

So what should America expect from a 40 year old civilian police officer that has a wife and kids at home, an ex wife and kids across town, one elderly parent still alive, an elderly aunt a half hour away that needs regular visits and coaches t ball?

They dress like soldiers, drive around in MRAPs, call everybody who isn't a cop "civilians", I expect them to do at least what I expect any armed American with at least a modicum of training to do if they hear gunfire coming from inside a school: go in and stop it or die trying.

One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

They dress like soldiers, drive around in MRAPs, call everybody who isn't a cop "civilians", I expect them to do at least what I expect any armed American with at least a modicum of training to do if they hear gunfire coming from inside a school: go in and stop it or die trying.

They do not get the same training. Have access to the same equipment, etc. Soldiers are out to stop an army not a school shooter with possibly hundreds of children inside a building.

Better stopgap is multiple trained and armed school employees and signs outside the school that announces such info. The opposite of posting that the premises is a gun free zone.

~Ann

Posts: 19169 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
They really need to drop their “I lay my life on the line every day” line of bullshit.

Not telling you, but suggesting and asking, have we pushed that on them?

We don't deploy the Army domestically.
So we expect municipal police to convincingly deal with Crips and Bloods, Mexican Cartels, tornadoes and earthquakes, a parent using a kitchen knife to dismember their family, a child drowned in a pool, speeding and parking tickets. Homeless pooping in public.

The LAPD was expected to decisively contain the Rodney King riot after getting in trouble for police brutality. Confused

The expectation is for a cop to arrive to a domestic violence call, make note of the beaten kids, the murdered mother and while the assailant boyfriend of the murdered mother comes at the cop with a deadly weapon "deescalate".

Again, Confused

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the report:

Within three minutes of the subject entering the building, first responding officers enter from both the
south and northwest side entrances while the subject is actively shooting inside rooms 111 and 112. In
addition to hearing gunfire, the officers experience smoke from recent gun fire and dust from sheetrock
and see shell casings on the floor. Officers quickly identify where the shooting is occurring and run
toward rooms 111 and 112.

Cops were there and approaching the rooms where these kids got shot to pieces within 3 minutes of the shooter entering the building.

Lane, if one of your children was in one of those classrooms, would it have been your expectation that the police officers on the scene should have tried to do something to put a stop to it?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Charles Whitman shot 45 people from a tower at UT in 1966. Whitman had "a footlocker full of weapons (including an M-1 carbine, a hunting rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, several pistols, a machete, and knives") One DPS officer and a civilian librarian who worked in the building and was provided with a shotgun by the state trooper climbed the stairs to the top, went through the only door to the location where Whitman was and killed him.

https://www.chron.com/news/hou...illed-UT-7940750.php

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
I seem to recall a “protect and serve” motto. They did neither on order of the on scene chief of police.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13163 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

What do you say Mike? You put Chauvin in jail for doing his job. Do you now want to put these guy’s in jail for not doing theirs? 2020

I say that a Uvalde Grand Jury will decide to indict or not after hearing all the evidence. I'm totally sympathetic to those cops. Trying to decide whose going to be first through the door into a room where you know somebody is killing kids with an AR-15 is a terrible situation. I'd like to think that I wouldn't hang back and do nothing but who knows? MY gut tells me that something had to be done to put a stop to it. And, the only people in a position to put a stop to it were the 276 police officers that responded to the scene.
You don't do nothing. Don't know how those cops can live with themselves.

I raised the question because I thought it would provoke an interesting discussion and I was right about that.

I probably would not indict but, again...I'm not on the Grand Jury and will not hear all the evidence.

And, your attempted analogy to Chauvin is ridiculous. Like most of what you post these days.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Ridiculous? In one hand…a felon high on illicit drugs resisting arrest died during a cop/criminal interaction where the cop could have made better decisions. You put that guy in jail.

On the other hand a BUNCH of innocent children died due to very poor decisions by cops. Here, you are willing to give them a pass.

I on the other hand see no reason to imprison the LEOs of either incident…just bar them from ever being LEOs.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Give me an M60 and a couple of belts and line the sorry MFers up, we don't need more coward genes in the pool.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Give me an M60 and a couple of belts and line the sorry MFers up, we don't need more coward genes in the pool.

whew, it's a little early to be drinking the hard stuff, ain't it?

Well, i guess that's what passed for Justice in Peckerwood County, TN -- no arraignment, no trial, no jury, no due process -- just line em up, cus peckerwood don't like their eugenics.

Wait, hmm, it slips my mind, wasn't there some infamous dictator that liked eugenics, machine guns for mass executions, and no due process? ,,,

Wow, ich kann mich einfach nicht erinnern, wer das für ein Führer war

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:

You don't usually come off as a blowhard, but in this case,....

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Charles Whitman shot 45 people from a tower at UT in 1966. Whitman had "a footlocker full of weapons (including an M-1 carbine, a hunting rifle, a sawed-off shotgun, several pistols, a machete, and knives") One DPS officer and a civilian librarian who worked in the building and was provided with a shotgun by the state trooper climbed the stairs to the top, went through the only door to the location where Whitman was and killed him.

https://www.chron.com/news/hou...illed-UT-7940750.php

And God bless them. I am so thankful there has been and continue to be fine brave Americans. We could go on and on with factual examples.

Isn't it interesting that's it's not encouraged as much? My favorite example is, "if you see something, say something." How about, "if you see something, do something!" patriot
Is it good or bad that we have to have, "good Samaritan " laws to keep people trying to help from being sued?

I'm largely a pacifist anymore and against the death penalty, but isn't it occasionally appropriate for a mayor, governor or President to say from the podium and into the microphone regarding a perp or assailant that was shot, " fucker had it coming!" ??????

Seems to me like we sure give the assailants a whole lot of consideration and sympathy these days.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

You don't usually come off as a blowhard, but in this case,....

Think what you like, those cops are only marginally, if any, more worthy of consideration than the piece of shit that shot the kids.

Why don't any of these brave yahoos do this at a busy range?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Ridiculous? In one hand…a felon high on illicit drugs resisting arrest died during a cop/criminal interaction where the cop could have made better decisions. You put that guy in jail.

On the other hand a BUNCH of innocent children died due to very poor decisions by cops. Here, you are willing to give them a pass.

I on the other hand see no reason to imprison the LEOs of either incident…just bar them from ever being LEOs.

Again, it's not analagous you flipping idiot.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Again, it's not analagous you flipping idiot.

Maybe not in your small closed mind but for those who can see the bigger picture…yes—of course it is. 2020

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Quick to shoot a black kid holding a cell phone but too scared to protect children under fire.

Fuck 'em all but eight, leave six for pallbearers and two to beat the drums.