New
Find
Notify
Tools

Please Explaine BAIL For Me Login/Join 
Administrator
posted
My understanding from Hollywood.

That an amount is posted for bail of an individual.

Bail guarantees he does not run away.

Bail Bondsmen post bail for someone, and charge 10% of the bail amount.

This 10% is not refundable.

Is this correct?

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Yes. Failure to show means the bond is forfeited and the money goes to the government. The 10% is kept by the bailbondsman regardless of whether the defendant shows or not. It’s his fee.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13147 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Yes. Failure to show means the bond is forfeited and the money goes to the government. The 10% is kept by the bailbondsman regardless of whether the defendant shows or not. It’s his fee.

Thank you.

But an individual can provide his own bail?

That way he does not have to pay the 10%?

Posts: 66954 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Bail is surety that you will make all court appearances and conditions to keep victims, yourself, and community safe.

KY has a number of factors that must be considered by the Court in caselaw. In addition, KY past bail reform that creates mandatory release or suggests low bonds for folks based on a nonsensical risk assessment.

That risk assessment does not take into count the nature of the offense, or all prior convictions which the caselaw allows.

To be honest, 200k for President Trump is low. It is low bc of his means, multiple cross state indictments, access to private aircraft, and being an out of state resident I would have asked for 600-750k.

In KY by our State Constitution bond can be denied entirely only for Capital Offenses. The caselaw says setting a bond so high you know the defendant cannot make is the same as denying bond, and bind can only be denied in Capital Offenses, but the trial courts and prosecutors by snd large ignore that under the severity of the offense.

Hell, I just moved to amend a persons bind to 259k. Judge gave it to me. They have Failure to Appears and picked up new felony charges while out on bond.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
My understanding is Trump's bond is a little different. But if I was him, I'd give the middle finger to the authorities and leave. He won't because he is a patriot that wants to do what he believes is best for this country.

Posts: 10011 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
That last sentence is absolutely absurd. There is only one thing/person Trump cares about, himself.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The question is does Trump believe his own statements?

Personally I think he’s as full of it as the Christmas Goose.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
My understanding is Trump's bond is a little different. But if I was him, I'd give the middle finger to the authorities and leave. He won't because he is a patriot that wants to do what he believes is best for this country.

I think your mind works different to mine.

Trump only cares about TRUMP!

A deranged bloody career criminal!

And by your thoughts, you are part of the problem! clap

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If he flees, I bet he'll go to Moscow.

Posts: 6106 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Bail is for only one reason and is not required.

That is to insure that a person shows up in court.

Any other reason is punishment.

I have seen many people released before trial with out bail only their word that they well appear.

Posts: 19370 | Location: wis | Registered: 21 April 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I would not say it is not required: you can be released on an own reconnaissance bond, requiring no surety, but it is still a bond.

Bond can be here:

Third Party Surety X amount of cash say 25k which requires a 3rd party to sign stating if you miss or otherwise violate the 3rd Party is liable for 25k. The 3rd party does not have to put the cash up on the front end.

X amount of cash, for example 25k) fully secured which means someone has to post either 25k cash or 50k worth of unencumbered property.

X amount of Cash bond at a percentage here is is 10 percent. Meaning 7500 cash at 20 percent requires posting 750 cash.

Then a straight cash bond being the full amount of cash; ie 25k cash. Someone has to hand over 25k in dollars.

Any particular bond can be revoked or forfeited upon motion. Revocation just removes the bond from the defendant and sees him pretrial detained. Forfeiture, not only removes the bond from the defendant, but surrenders the surety to the state. Thus, in forfeiture if I post a 100k cash bond for Jimmy, Jimmy violates, and the Judge orders forfeiture, I just had that 100k donated to the state.

Bond is not just for appearance, but includes community protection. Thus, you will see other conditions overlayed on the above such as:no driving, no contact w victim, remain x feet away from a piece of property, refrain from drug and alcohol use,home incarceration monitored by GPS.

KY Supreme Court also banded bail bondsman’s both in and out of the state. The industry was taken away by the Court. Other states bail bondsmen coming into KY are arrested, and not permitted to seize anyone.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
To be honest, 200k for President Trump is low. It is low bc of his means

Or is it because the nature of his "crimes" are touch and go?
Whatever the case, it will make for interesting reading when the ball gets rolling.

Posts: 1905 | Registered: 06 September 2008Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Wow - did ya'll miss civics?
Bond exists to prevent a person from languishing in jail until trial (and hence speedy trial) with a reasonable surety that they will show up back to court under fear of loss -

the amount(s) should be significant and relevant to circumstance, and would apply to "anyone" - for example, if one is of middle income, $200,000, in the hands of the court, is a significant incentive to show up. Even when a bail-bondsman becomes part of the equation, who covers the whole bond, for a percentage, said percentage is variable upon circumstance and collateral promised in the event of a failure to appear. It COULD be that the charged person could pay as little as 10%, but that's misleading as 100% of the bond has to have promised colleterial backing the bond - this can be houses, land, other real estate, gold, vehicles, stocks/bonds/other investments structures, etc - recovery of colleterial is sometimes a seedy business, while recovery of the person is actually the priority.

all that being said, I'd pay $19.95 to watch Dog the Bounty Hunter capturing Trump after a no-show

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

That is an astonishing thing for a lawyer and officer of the court to say.

But, I wish he would too. I'd love to see the video of the United States Marshal's Fugitive Task Force taking his big fat ass into custody and returning him to Georgia. Where his bail would be revoked and he would be tossed into a cell at the Fulton County Jail.

Which is exactly where he belongs.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Thank you.

But an individual can provide his own bail?

That way he does not have to pay the 10%?

Yes that is true, at least here in Iowa. Problem is most folks don't have the means to cover it and have no choice but to use a bail bondsman. I'm not sure how much they have to give to get bail; the 10% or more than that. I know from personal experience [not because of me tho] that putting up actual green money hard CASH isn't all that common.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1171 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of JudgeG
posted Hide Post
I’ve set thousands of bonds in Georgia.
Looking at the Georgia bench book guidelines, the impossibility of trump hiding, his necessity to publicly campaign, the U.S. Marshals Service mandates, the Secret Service’s role…. What’s a reason for any bond except Personal Recognizance bond. The sum of $200,000.00 is meaningless to Trump and is just sop to the Fulton County electorate. …as would be $5,000,000.00..

JudgeG ... just counting time 'til I am again finding balm in Gilead chilled out somewhere in the Selous.

Posts: 7544 | Location: GA | Registered: 27 February 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JudgeG:
Looking at the Georgia bench book guidelines, the impossibility of trump hiding, his necessity to publicly campaign, the U.S. Marshals Service mandates, the Secret Service’s role…. What’s a reason for any bond except Personal Recognizance bond. The sum of $200,000.00 is meaningless to Trump and is just sop to the Fulton County electorate. …as would be $5,000,000.00..

If it's so meaningless why is he paying the unrefundable $20,000 to get it posted by a bondsman?

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

That is an astonishing thing for a lawyer and officer of the court to say.

But, I wish he would too. I'd love to see the video of the United States Marshal's Fugitive Task Force taking his big fat ass into custody and returning him to Georgia. Where his bail would be revoked and he would be tossed into a cell at the Fulton County Jail.

Which is exactly where he belongs.

Maybe play this for the Marshalls before they go...

https://youtu.be/1eVPKpBKGCE?si=PSLPcoCjyf6hR81n&t=18

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

If it's so meaningless why is he paying the unrefundable $20,000 to get it posted by a bondsman?

Jeff, you know 5th is for your own protection as you know that “ anything you say will be used against you” and we all know how prosecutors love convictions just for their own electability ( percentage counts ) so they can strut around how they protect public when in real time it’s all about them and how it fits them and yes, there is good ones among them but IMO, plenty of them are just greedy for power like any other politician, in which they are just that…

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

Jeff, you know 5th is for your own protection as you know that “ anything you say will be used against you” and we all know how prosecutors love convictions just for their own electability ( percentage counts ) so they can strut around how they protect public when in real time it’s all about them and how it fits them and yes, there is good ones among them but IMO, plenty of them are just greedy for power like any other politician, in which they are just that…

I've never said that, Donald Trump did. Repeatedly.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I don't disagree with this statement.

On the other hand, letting him out on a PR bond in light of the multiple felony charges and the seriousness of the offenses, a release on PR wouldn't be good.....PR. (Public relations) It would look like he got special treatment...which is, of course, what you are advocating. Cool

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15056 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote