THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    For those who still buy Trump being derelict of duty on J6…in regards to the N Guard
Page 1 2 

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

For those who still buy Trump being derelict of duty on J6…in regards to the N Guard Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
And the police and undercover agents were not interspersed in the crowd either.
But please, I'm waiting. You watched it on TV, you have a full reading on operational control from what you saw. Tell me the battle plan you had to get them in place without harming LEO's.
Tell us mastermind, how was it going to be accomplished without intel?

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
Sorry, I have no time for dumbass January 6 apologists. Look for someone else to play 20 questions with. There is no doubt, Trump could have called out the National Guard to quell the riot . . . just like he did for the Floyd riot . . . the only reason he did not was because he was all in on the riot. He supported the riot, he instigated the riot. You want to be the useful idiot that argues otherwise, be my guest. Just don’t be offended when branded an idiot.

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So your just another lawyer telling lies?
You claim you know the whole story.
Just tell us how they NG could do their job and quell the riot without basic on the ground intel.
Show me where I support Trump in this "story" of yours. I support the NG not being sent in to an unknown situation without basic intel.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
So your just another lawyer telling lies?
You claim you know the whole story.
Just tell us how they NG could do their job and quell the riot without basic on the ground intel.
Show me where I support Trump in this "story" of yours. I support the NG not being sent in to an unknown situation without basic intel.

Weren't any of the guard people watching on TV? That would have given them a hint of what was going on.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1172 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
Captain Timothy Nick testified under oath on Capitol Hill on Wednesday:
"First, I want to explain my role on January 6th. I was assigned as aid to camp the personal assistant to Major General William Walker, the commanding General of DC National Guard. It was my only second day on the job (!). Please focus on alleged facts found in the November 16th, 2021 Department of Defense Inspector General's multidisciplinary review into the DC National Guard response and Department of Defense's role that day."

"I can say unequivocally that the Inspector General's Review is riddled with inaccuracies, misstatements, and perhaps false flags and narratives regarding how critical Pentagon senior officials responded when our republic was under great stress (!!)."

"For instance, during a conference call at 2:31 PM with members of United States Army, US Capitol Police, Metropolitan Police Department, District of Columbia Government, and US Secret Service Uniform Division, the US Army's Lieutenant General Walter Piatt, Director of Army staff and the Army's Lieutenant General Charles Flynn, Director of Chief of Staff of Operations were on the call." Also was Colonel John Lubas, executive officer to the Secretary of the Army."

"The Army FALSELEY DENIED that General Flynn was ever on the call. This is false and material on its face. Lieutenant Flynn was on the call and even participated in discussions. The defense inspector's review also rounds language papering over the fact that Lieutenant General Piatt, Lieutenant General Flynn, while on the call discussed how they did not like the OPTICS."

"That is a direct quote, and they stated it would be in their best military advice to recommend to the Secretary of the Army, Ryan McCarthy, to deny the request from Command General William Walker to deploy the DC National Guard and aid US Capitol Police in restoring restoration of Order Liberty on Capitol Hill."

"In addition, former [Army] Secretary Ryan McCarthy claims he was on a two three 1:00 PM call and spoke on that call. This is FALSE, unless he was in the room shadowing the call and he did not speak nor identify himself."

"He was not on the call. He was en route to Washington, DC Regional office at the Federal Bureau of Investigation to support that agent's concept of operations plan for January 6th."

"He went on the claim that he called and spoke to Major General Walker at least twice, ordering the deployment of the DC National Guard. This is also FALSE. At no time did General Walker take any calls, nor did we ever hear from the secretary on any of the ongoing conference calls or the secure video teleconferencing throughout the day."

"This I know because I was with the Command General the entire time recording events throughout the day. Major General Walker told by staff officers to stand by with respect to deploying to the Capitol Hill. Only at 5:09 PM in the early evening, which I wrote down in my wheel book, was the DC Guard given an order to deploy and move to the Capitol to assist Capitol Police."

"We arrived too late. One American laid dead with other sisters and brothers injured, including federal and local law enforcement officers. We were ready and standing by. I know if we were able to deploy immediately, when General Walker made the request, the National Guard could have helped and civil disturbance and restored public order quickly."

"The Army National Guard motto was always ready, always there. The DC National Guard was ready to help and assist Capitol Police, but we were NOT ALLOWED to do our job due to paralyzed decision-making by acting Secretary of Defense,Chris Miller and Secretary of the Army, Ryan McCarthy..."

"This led to a crisis in federal leadership at the Pentagon and delayed the DC response by 3 hours and 19 minutes."

https://x.com/kylenabecker/sta...773564997644341?s=46

Whistleblowers accuse senior Army officials of lying about National Guard response on Jan. 6

I don't think I understand the point of this post.

Is it to change people's minds? Can't be. To affirm your own beliefs? Certainly not here. Add fuel to the PF argument fire? Hmm. shocker

I wonder how many of my fellow gun owning conservatives I align with when I say regardless January 6th and the National Guard there was not ever will be any darn way I vote Trump.

I thought Trump was a terrible choice in 2016 and more so in 2024. I think Trump largely failed as POTUS in his one term and feel no inclination to repeat it. Trump own words damn him, his deeds it seems could be criminal, some of his associates are incorrigible.

There is no excuse for Trump not ending Afghanistan in our favor, there's no excuse for Trump's failure with Corona. Trump is a fiscal train wreck, as Chief Executive of our nation he demonstrated himself to be incompetent and as Figurehead,.... 2020. We should vote to do any of that again?!?!?!?!

And sure, not to mention January 6th and his words and efforts to overthrow our government. Trump called for the suspension of the Constitution, I'm not making that up and that is Sedition. He said it, it's plain and actually meets the dictionary definition of sedition.

I was happy and am proud to have not voted for Trump in either 2016 or 2020 and am pleased to do so again in 2024. Doc, if you and MTG disagree with me I'm gonna be ok with that.

Posts: 9095 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What Lane is at great pains to leave out is the written order on Jan 4 by the Acting SecDef that disarmed the Guard, took away their protective gear and even batons, prohibited them from physical interaction with "protestors" or seek support from Guard units outside DC.

He also delegated the authority to deploy the Guard to the Secretary of the Army, a Trump appointee.

Link

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Antelelope, you miss the point.
You cant know what wa going on by watching tv.
The problem was poor placement of the DC police.
The Chief of police had her force spread out on to many fronts. She needed to hear back from where they were, and needed time to get them repositioned and out of the way. The mayor had his say in all of this too. This was all gone over in the hearings.
There are endless things to bash Trump with, he shouldnt even be able to run as far as I'm concerned. Saying that, there is no need to make up flat out lies just to add more to dump on him. It sounds like MSNBC news.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
The Chief of police had her force spread out on to many fronts. She needed to hear back from where they were, and needed time to get them repositioned and out of the way. The mayor had his say in all of this too. This was all gone over in the hearings.
There are endless things to bash Trump with, he shouldnt even be able to run as far as I'm concerned. Saying that, there is no need to make up flat out lies just to add more to dump on him. It sounds like MSNBC news.

I did say it was a hint and not the whole picture. The gist is that trump did nothing to quell the riot since he was enamored at the "they're doing that for ME?" aspect.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ANTELOPEDUNDEE:
quote:

I did say it was a hint and not the whole picture. The gist is that trump did nothing to quell the riot since he was enamored at the "they're doing that for ME?" aspect.

Very much like when Rome went from a Republic to and Empire. He just didnt have Antony and Leppidus to absorb some of the hits.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump should have had a PA speaker set at the riot, and live telling them it was not the proper way to do things, and be peaceful. But, he most likely saw it as devotion to himself, what the people were doing.

one of us
Picture of LongDistanceOperator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Please Joshua…show me where I interjected “my opinion” in the above post.

I posted the words of the Army Captain whose job it was to transcribe the events of day.

Ok, call it your stupid fucking head up ass beliefs.

Posts: 7480 | Location: near Austin, Texas, USA | Registered: 15 December 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
At some point, historians will unwind some of the things that were done during his tenure, and Trump will take his place with Grant and Harding as a weak king with strong and corrupt barons.

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
What is preventing Liz from disclosing this "secret" info if the case never goes to trial?

https://www.aol.com/news/chene...mpact-093545534.html

Anyone? What might be the consequences of Ms Cheney going public with that now "secret" info?

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LongDistanceOperator:
quote:
Please Joshua…show me where I interjected “my opinion” in the above post.

I posted the words of the Army Captain whose job it was to transcribe the events of day.

Ok, call it your stupid fucking head up ass beliefs.

pissersLDO

Wink

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by TomP:
At some point, historians will unwind some of the things that were done during his tenure, and Trump will take his place with Grant and Harding as a weak king with strong and corrupt barons.

IMO, Grant was a decent man who allowed his associates to sell him down the primrose path.

Trump is not a “Good man who is being failed by his associates” and in fact more of his associates are being attacked by him for matters of conscience than vice versa.

If Biden wasn’t such a lifelong whacko, things would be different. Carter was better, Obama was better, and Clinton was worlds better than either of our last two “choices”. For that matter, Regan, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. were worlds better.

I bet that our democrat friends would rather have the “shrub” back than either of these two. I know that as badly as I disliked Obama when he was in, he’s worlds better than what we’ve had for the last 7+ years.

Posts: 10605 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
quote:

IMO, Grant was a decent man who allowed his associates to sell him down the primrose path.

Trump is not a “Good man who is being failed by his associates” and in fact more of his associates are being attacked by him for matters of conscience than vice versa.

If Biden wasn’t such a lifelong whacko, things would be different. Carter was better, Obama was better, and Clinton was worlds better than either of our last two “choices”. For that matter, Regan, Bush Sr. and Bush Jr. were worlds better.

I bet that our democrat friends would rather have the “shrub” back than either of these two. I know that as badly as I disliked Obama when he was in, he’s worlds better than what we’ve had for the last 7+ years.

If Joe Biden gets a Democratic House and Senate for his second term history will call him the most successful President of the 21st Century, and among the top 3 or 5 in our history. All the experts predicted a deep recession, which he not only avoided but turned into the best economic performance among industrialized countries. Millions more Americans have jobs than under Trump, millions more have health insurance, millions have gotten the student loan relief that has always been available under the Law but nobody bothered to implement. He's reversing the decades-long decline in our infrastructure, has rebuilt the alliances Trump weakened and restored our standing in the world.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9569 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Grant ending Construction in Texas, single handedly kept Lee from bring tried for treason, single handed my wrecked gold speculation, bloated Reconstruction with military force, saw to the prosecution of the KKK, ratification of the 15th Amendment, appointed African Americans and Jewish Americans to prominent offices.

His major failure was in accepting gifts that by the standards of the time were permissible. The Indian wars and post civil War expansion had its critics in its own time. The treatment cannot be white washed.

Grant was not a weak man lead off any road. Grant graded any road he walked down. Tge manner and scope he cut the grade is up for debate.

Posts: 10841 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
quote:

Grant ending Construction in Texas, single handedly kept Lee from bring tried for treason, single handed my wrecked gold speculation, bloated Reconstruction with military force, saw to the prosecution of the KKK, ratification of the 15th Amendment, appointed African Americans and Jewish Americans to prominent offices.

His major failure was in accepting gifts that by the standards of the time were permissible. The Indian wars and post civil War expansion had its critics in its own time. The treatment cannot be white washed.

Grant was not a weak man lead off any road. Grant graded any road he walked down. Tge manner and scope he cut the grade is up for debate.

I dont even disagree with you but you are overselling Grant a bit. No question though that he is not Harding. Grant had his moments but comparing him to Tea Pot Dome was too much for him.