New
Find
Notify
Tools

Lowest Unemployment in 50 years.... Login/Join 
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted
Today's jobs report: shows 517,000 net new jobs added in January which more than double what was expected. Previous months revised higher as well. The unemployment rate now stands at a low of 3.4%.

Since Biden has moved into the White House two years ago 12.1 million jobs were added to the U.S. economy. 5 million created in the past year.

The economy seems to be growing around 2.9% and inflation fell for the 6th month in a row.

Why are the Republicans bitching about the bad economy?

It's better than it ever was under Trump.

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sure it is.

Posts: 705 | Location: South Pacific NW | Registered: 09 January 2021Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
You doubt it Craig. Then put forth your evidence or shut the fuck up, Bucketmouth.

Posts: 8613 | Location: Oregon  | Registered: 03 June 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The unemployment rate is.

Too bad so many have opted out of the workforce.

Posts: 10602 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
1/2 the story.
Not any mention how many quit their jobs over the same period.
What is the net gain??
Current work force changes jobs every 2-3yrs. Revolving door these days.
Would be nice to hear the net gain.

Sales pitch!
I take this data with a grain of salt.

Posts: 3256 | Location: Texas | Registered: 06 January 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by eezridr:
1/2 the story.
Not any mention how many quit their jobs over the same period.
What is the net gain??
Current work force changes jobs every 2-3yrs.
Would be nice to hear the net gain.

Sales pitch!
I take this data with a grain of salt.

If they where to report the net gain.....well.....that wouldn't looks good.

If they reported how many said " screw ot"_well...that wouldnt look so good either....

Posts: 41775 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post
Rather than speculate about net gain and people out the work force, give us some valid numbers.

Just more goofy and vague conspiracies by nut jobs. Numbers folks, not hot wind. Come on gasbags.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Ever read how many are being laid off in tech?
That iS available on line now.
I work in a company with 15,000 employees. 25% turn over
How big is your organization? I do have data open turn over.
Shit for brains!
Do you have a job?

quote:
Originally posted by Schrodinger:
Rather than speculate about net gain and people out the work force, give us some valid numbers.

Just more goofy and vague conspiracies by nut jobs. Numbers folks, not hot wind. Come on gasbags.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
yes-
he is a Shit for brains
lawyer

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
at —
least HE can —
respond in a Real
Sentence

Mike

Posts: 21212 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
poor jines

born with a silver(plate) demitasse spoon in his mouth

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
- would you —
like for ME to send you —
a primer on Grammar and Sentence

construction

maybe YOU could —
find someONE to read it to
YOU

Mike

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I know of two law firms (friends and relative).
Both struggle with turn over.
It is not in a few fields.
It is just part of our current employment culture. Bounce around.
I will find it difficult to measure a competent SME in the current Z generation.

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
- would you —

construction

maybe YOU could —
YOU

careful-
if you keep working yourself up over such minor things in life,

you might suffer a SMALL stroke in your Liputian brain

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
When trump was 6 months in he was claiming credit for all the gains made because of Obama. You loons were all up for that.

Posts: 15877 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://youtu.be/Eots29-wBZQ

The real world, Tex

Posts: 15877 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:
- would you —

construction

maybe YOU could —
YOU

careful-

Pettiness is the midgets only strong suit.

Posts: 9093 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
Picture of DRG
posted Hide Post
Well once again we prove that the republicans who for years touted job gains under the former guy are just hypocrits.

When Biden reports on jobs created these same posters say it's all bullshit.

Market goes up under Trump good. When it goes up under Biden it's smoke and mirrors.

When people dropped out of the workforce under Trump the excuse were people were getting older.

Well, guess what, there are now more old people, some have long covid (a Trump era disease), others got handouts under Covid programs and stopped working (passed under Trump's rule) etc.

You guys don't even try to mask your bullshit anymore.

Bottom line, the economy is growing and more jobs have been created under Biden than any other president.

Why some people here can't accept the numbers shows just one thing.

Posts: 26540 | Location: Where the pilgrims landed | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
If the economy is growing that's great!

Please President Biden, if that so, use this opportunity to cut debt. tu2

Hope that is ok DRG.

Posts: 9093 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Schrodinger
posted Hide Post

Register that number pinheads.

That’s in one month

It’s not the number that have left the workforce. It’s the number of new jobs.

We know you khunts don’t like it, but there’s your fact.

517,000 new jobs in one month.

One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
- would you —

construction

maybe YOU could —
YOU

careful-

thank you for the concern —

I am fine actually
just a LOW tolerance
for —
STUPIDITY
which you and SCOTT seem to evidence
— so clearly

Mike

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
From the BLS:
Both the unemployment rate, at 3.4 percent, and the number of unemployed persons, at 5.7 million, changed little in January. The unemployment rate has shown little net movement since early 2022.

3/22 3.6%
4/22 3.6%
5/22 3.6%
6/22 3.6%
7/22 3.7%
8/22 3.7%
9/22 3.5%
10/22 3.7%
11/22 3.6%
12/22 3.5%
1/23 3.4%

Note in then text from the Bureau of Labor Statistics.
"Little Net Movement".

Hey the Z's have to go to work a few months to pay their Christmas credit card charges that just arrived in the mail.
"If you believe the media" Most of the new jobs are in the food services (Dining out). Not exactly a career.. I am not certain the definition any longer exists.

EZ

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
The unemployment rate is.

Too bad so many have opted out of the workforce.

Exactly! The keyword is rate!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
poor jines

born with a silver(plate) demitasse spoon in his mouth

Not many today would even no what a demitasse spoon is.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36557 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Its great news - it is so low that wages will need to go up, which should lead to great workforce participation.

Took 2 years, but finally beat trump's numbers

yay USA

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38463 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
The truth is we are back to 2019.

There were ~158M employed in 2019 and now we are back to ~158M. coffee

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
They are already up close to 25% over the past two years in the lower scale positions. Most positions are starting at $20-$22 /hr. for unskilled labor in our geographic market.
Probably 10-15% in medium income jobs and many no longer commute to and from an office 40 hrs a week. Working a hybrid schedule which saves the work force time and money.

quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
It's great news - it is so low that wages will need to go up, which should lead to great workforce participation.

Took 2 years, but finally beat trump's numbers

yay USA

one of us
posted Hide Post
The truth is, the positive claims made under Trump were mostly bullshit. The claims made under Joe Biden? More bullshit. Appealing to their respective blind followers, but bullshit nonetheless.
The economy is growing because the dollar is losing value. Inflation is declining because people have reached the point they cannot, or will not, pay the price for many of the goods and services being offered. However, to the left, all is well and good and we are on the verge of Utopia, providing we can do something about that pesky democracy thing. To the right, the status quo is OK, providing we can be sure the money is going into the right pockets. The future looks so bright, I gotta wear shades! Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3525 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
The truth is, the positive claims made under Trump were mostly bullshit. The claims made under Joe Biden? More bullshit. Appealing to their respective blind followers, but bullshit nonetheless.
The economy is growing because the dollar is losing value. Inflation is declining because people have reached the point they cannot, or will not, pay the price for many of the goods and services being offered. However, to the left, all is well and good and we are on the verge of Utopia, providing we can do something about that pesky democracy thing. To the right, the status quo is OK, providing we can be sure the money is going into the right pockets. The future looks so bright, I gotta wear shades! Regards, Bill.

Funny thing is, I do quite a bit of international business where the value of the dollar is pertinent, I find the dollar to be remarkably strong in a historical context. Inflation has been a world wide issue since Covid and the Russia/Ukraine war. Inflation and the value of the dollar are not the same.

I can only speak to my future but I feel it is plenty bright. Of course certain segments of the media are happy to tell you the best days are behind us.

Been happening for at least four decades, at least Merle could sing though.

https://youtu.be/sIKUkcNeZfQ

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
My businesses are strong as well…can’t argue that.

But America climbing back to 2019 was in despite of Biden…not because of him.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:

Credit where credit is due. Like him or not, Biden is the captain of the ship currently and it seems to be sailing quite strongly.

I hardly approve of everything Biden is doing but he has done remarkably well in some areas, the economy and foreign policy surrounding the Ukraine war being two. Additionally, the fact that ANY administration was able to pass an infrastructure bill is nothing short of amazing, that has been talked about since I was a small child and Biden got it done.

That said, there is plenty I do not agree with but this is true of every POTUS of my lifetime.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Just because the currencies of the rest of the world are doing poorly too, that does not mean the US dollar is doing well. When the can of soup which was 89 cents is selling for 1.69, or the gallon of fuel which was 2 dollars is going for 5, this does not mean the economy is growing, it means the dollar is losing value. It means the model on which the world economy is based, is flawed. The fact that all other currencies buy less as well is not a positive sign for anyone. Economic growth is smoke and mirrors. Now, many of us have benefitted, at least in the short term, from this. I paid off debt using devalued dollars and have been living debt free for years because of manipulation of currency, more than anything else. Interestingly, I make more money providing a service which has no tangible value than I ever did when I did real work for value-based compensation. Still, I benefit, but maybe not in the long term. Of course, at this stage, I have no long term, so there is that! Regards, Bill

Posts: 3525 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Good that there are so many of them, it takes two of them to make enough to eat under a roof...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14375 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
Employment numbers may be up somewhat, but inflation and COL are up even more.

in Q1 of 2000, the average earner made $568/wk, Q4 of 2022 it was $1084/wk

One may think, "WOW, thats almost double!", but that increase doesn't even come close to keeping pace with cost of living increases and inflation.

In 2002, the Consumer Price Index was at 2.6%, now its closer to 7%

More jobs hasn't equated to more productivity either:

https://www.bls.gov/charts/pro...-recent-quarter.htm#

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:

Credit where credit is due. Like him or not, Biden is the captain of the ship currently and it seems to be sailing quite strongly.

I hardly approve of everything Biden is doing but he has done remarkably well in some areas, the economy and foreign policy surrounding the Ukraine war being two. Additionally, the fact that ANY administration was able to pass an infrastructure bill is nothing short of amazing, that has been talked about since I was a small child and Biden got it done.

That said, there is plenty I do not agree with but this is true of every POTUS of my lifetime.

All one had to do for the economy to ‘come back’…is stay the hell out of the way. Difficult for most democrats…so he does a tiny bit of credit.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by skb:
quote:

All one had to do for the economy to ‘come back’…is stay the hell out of the way. Difficult for most democrats…so he does a tiny bit of credit.

We're not knee deep in blood in Asia, Africa or Europe. I'm thankful for Biden for that.

Although if we were to invade New Zealand of Argentina I'd certainly advocate and volunteer to go along as a cook or dishwasher. Heck, I can drive truck and heavy equipment and probably be taught to fix a gun! Big Grin

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
We're not knee deep in blood in Asia, Africa or Europe. I'm thankful for Biden for that.

Ever hear of a place called Ukraine?

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
quote:

"We" are not knee deep.
Dipshits will be dipshits and I have no say. Tribalism in Africa, evil in Europe will go on no matter what I think or how I vote.

I get a say in where America fights.

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
quote:
Originally posted by Huvius:
quote:

"We" are not knee deep.
Dipshits will be dipshits and I have no say. Tribalism in Africa, evil in Europe will go on no matter what I think or how I vote.

I get a say in where America fights.

So, your vote for Biden is an indicator that you're OK with getting more involved in Ukraine?
That's where we are headed under this administration.