New
Find
Notify
Tools

A tit with no tat . . . Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted
The typical deflection response of the fringe kooks in the GOP is that everything the GOP does is just tit for tat for what the Dems have done. So what is the excuse for the latest exercise in GOP futility? The impeachment of a cabinet member. It is hard to even imagine a bigger waste of time by the House. With all the real issues confronting the country we are going to engage in an act of political theatre for the purpose of making the stooge wing of the party give each other high fives and wave their bars and stars flags. It was nauseating listening to some conservative commentators yesterday talking about "history being made" . . . for sure, "history being made" for all the wrong reasons. The kooks in the party like Ann and bluefish seem to love conspiracy theories, how about that the GOP has been infested with brain-eating parasites by Dem supported BLM members.

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Steve Ahrenberg
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MJines:
The typical deflection response of the fringe kooks in the GOP is that everything the GOP does is just tit for tat for what the Dems have done. So what is the excuse for the latest exercise in GOP futility? The impeachment of a cabinet member. It is hard to even imagine a bigger waste of time by the House. With all the real issues confronting the country we are going to engage in an act of political theatre for the purpose of making the stooge wing of the party give each other high fives and wave their bars and stars flags. It was nauseating listening to some conservative commentators yesterday talking about "history being made" . . . for sure, "history being made" for all the wrong reasons. The kooks in the party like Ann and bluefish seem to love conspiracy theories, how about that the GOP has been infested with brain-eating parasites by Dem supported BLM members.

Mike -

while I agree its futile. I think its to use as Senate campaign fodder. They have the Democrats on record supporting the guy in charge of this mess.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Will kit play when those Senators can run on voting for a border bill drafted by a Conservative from Oklahoma.

Posts: 10952 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Will kit play when those Senators can run on voting for a border bill drafted by a Conservative from Oklahoma.

It was a shit bill with many trap doors. There was a built in Impeachment trap should Trump win back the WH. But you knew all that.

Formerly "Nganga"

Posts: 3401 | Location: Phoenix, Arizona | Registered: 26 April 2010Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Steve Ahrenberg:
quote:

It was a shit bill with many trap doors. There was a built in Impeachment trap should Trump win back the WH. But you knew all that.

Trump is his own walking impeachment trap in the increasingly unlikely event he gets elected.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:
quote:

Trump is his own walking impeachment trap in the increasingly unlikely event he gets elected.

https://twitter.com/JDVance1/s...e-the-scam.284181%2F

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So the fiscal calendar the Federal government has operated under for decades is an anti-Trump conspiracy now?

Posts: 9578 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

I idly wonder if Biden didn't assign Harris the job with the idea that there was no solution and she'd not look good enough to be a 25TH Amendment replacement (a variation on the impeachment insurance scam perfected by Bush/Quayle).

Unless someone is evil enough to start shooting migrants at the river, undocumented immigration will continue.

Unless someone is benevolent enough to raise quotas to match the demand, it will continue to include illegal immigration.

We might consider working on the root causes of migration (oh, wait..., do we make it better where they come from, or worse here?).

There is no ideologically pure path forward, no more now than in the preceding 200 years...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14388 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with the foolishness of the impeachment.

I also agree with making dems and rinos go on record.

The foolishness is that if convicted the slo joe admin would replace mayorkis with another roadie that would lie just as much and leave the border just as wide open.....

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I think that Mayorkas is doing what his boss wants. That’s following the president’s orders.

Is he responsible for the mess then?

Not morally.

It’s a political stunt and becoming more common.

OTOH why be surprised? We’ve been pushing towards using the legal system for inappropriate use for decades.

It’s wrong, and I’m disgusted with the republicans wasting time and political capital on something that will backfire on them.

Ever since trump got in the level of intellect in the GOP leadership has gone down.

If they keep this up, they will truly become the uniparty in a few decades.

Posts: 10656 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

So the fiscal calendar the Federal government has operated under for decades is an anti-Trump conspiracy now?

You are truly the best at obfuscation in this subform. It is in there and if Trump were to; win the election and "stop the war" he would surely be impeached for it, again.

But you knew that. Cool

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
This bullshit is dead on arrival in the Senate and everybody knows it.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15127 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

You are truly the best at obfuscation in this subform. It is in there and if Trump were to; win the election and "stop the war" he would surely be impeached for it, again.

But you knew that. Cool

Spending bills have expired at the end of September for decades. Over 40 years ago it was an annual ritual to expend my entire remaining budget in mid-September ordering 100-mile-an-hour tape by the case because you could trade that stuff for anything.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But you knew that. Cool

Spending bills have expired at the end of September for decades. Over 40 years ago it was an annual ritual to expend my entire remaining budget in mid-September ordering 100-mile-an-hour tape by the case because you could trade that stuff for anything.

When I had my Industrial Supply business, we sold "100 MPH Tape" in our lobby. It was typically bought in full box quantities. We quit selling it because we actually never sold much, it was all getting stolen. Big Grin

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But you knew that. Cool

When I had my Industrial Supply business, we sold "100 MPH Tape" in our lobby. It was typically bought in full box quantities. We quit selling it because we actually never sold much, it was all getting stolen. Big Grin

The Army version in the late 70s-early 80s was great stuff, aircraft have been repaired with that stuff.

And it really was the gold standard of trading materials; no matter what somebody has an excess of they'd trade it for enough tape.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But you knew that. Cool

The Army version in the late 70s-early 80s was great stuff, aircraft have been repaired with that stuff.

And it really was the gold standard of trading materials; no matter what somebody has an excess of they'd trade it for enough tape.

I did a Guyana fishing trip in December. We chartered to the river in some old bush-plane I've never seen or been on before. It was a high wing affair and had a third engine on the rear stabilizer.

I sat near the wings. As we taxi'd out to the runway, I was looking at all the duct tape holding shit on this plane. There were screws missing all over and bolts held tight with silicone on the nuts.

I just closed my eyes and decided not to look around anymore. Better that way.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
high wing affair and had a third engine on the rear stabilizer.

Sounds like a Britten -Norman Islander

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Posts: 4593 | Location: TX | Registered: 03 March 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DuggaBoye:
quote:

That is exactly it!!

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
one of my old friends had one he STC'd for Floats
and Allison 250 turbo props,

not fast, a fuel hog,
but boy,
could we get in and out of tight holes in Alaskan rivers

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But you knew that. Cool

you know what's been going on longer? actually having a budget -- last time i checked, the last approved budget was 2009 from bush

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I'd fly it .. but good lord, that's an ugly duckling

quote:
quote:
quote:

That is exactly it!!

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38510 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
one of my old friends had one he STC'd for Floats
and Allison 250 turbo props,

not fast, a fuel hog,
but boy,
could we get in and out of tight holes in Alaskan rivers

Aren't those things considered pretty much bullet-proof as planes go?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

But you knew that. Cool

I did a Guyana fishing trip in December. We chartered to the river in some old bush-plane I've never seen or been on before. It was a high wing affair and had a third engine on the rear stabilizer.

I sat near the wings. As we taxi'd out to the runway, I was looking at all the duct tape holding shit on this plane. There were screws missing all over and bolts held tight with silicone on the nuts.

I just closed my eyes and decided not to look around anymore. Better that way.

It's been a while since I've seen real cloth-based duct tape like the old MPH variety, that stuff would patch a hole in a tank's barrel with a few wraps...

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
I'd fly it .. but good lord, that's an ugly duckling

quote:
quote:
quote:

That is exactly it!!

But damn it was loud inside

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found this shot from the strip.

Formerly "Nganga"

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:

they are tough-
few crash from mechanical issues-

most get bent from pilot error and unimproved strips

and yes they are loud-
the Allison converted one,
especially so

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

they are tough-
few crash from mechanical issues-

most get bent from pilot error and unimproved strips

and yes they are loud-
the Allison converted one,
especially so

and i must correct-

his son says it was a
“field approval”
the STC was never filed for-

back in those days the FAA wwas more lenient on mods in Alaska than they are currently

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Pretty simple, but a real mess. We need to round up the millions of illegals this Administration has welcomed in, arrest them and deport them. And build a wall. Will cost us billions due to Biden Administration's incompetence.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Interesting airplane! Not familiar. Definitely will look.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Found the maker, didn't find anything on that third engine on the tail. No engineer, but would that even fly?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by lavaca:
Found the maker, didn't find anything on that third engine on the tail. No engineer, but would that even fly?

Why not? They've been flying since 1970.

They have a reputation for toughness, basically a big bush plane, though I've never seen one with balloon tires.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
The three-engine version is called the "Trislander", the standard BN-2 Islander (2 engines) is used by dozens of militaries for various tasks.

one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:

DC-10 and L-1011 did. Most of the time...

TomP

Our country, right or wrong. When right, to be kept right, when wrong to be put right.

Carl Schurz (1829 - 1906)

Posts: 14388 | Location: Moreno Valley CA USA | Registered: 20 November 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of DuggaBoye
posted Hide Post
as well as;
Boeing 727
Cirrus jet

Seawind 3000
and
several new designs in the Experimental/Mosaic world

DuggaBoye-O
NRA-Life
Whittington-Life
TSRA-Life
DRSS
DSC
HSC
SCI

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Why not? They've been flying since 1970.

They have a reputation for toughness, basically a big bush plane, though I've never seen one with balloon tires.

The strip we used was wide and open but a bit short? I don't know how long but the climb-out was impressive.

Formerly "Nganga"