Tools

Trump Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted
The obsession is astounding
What say you guys

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
He needs to take a bow and exit stage right. A looser through and through.

Posts: 3770 | Location: Boulder Colorado | Registered: 27 February 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bivoj:
The obsession is astounding
What say you guys

Why do you think it's "obsession"?

Maybe it's because loving that monster is normal to you.

That's what I find astounding.

Being astounded may look like obsession given all the utter BS one has to believe to be a Trump supporter.

Astounded last week looks lame, week by week, and so forth.

Maybe what you're seeing is recognition of reality. Get a dose for yourself.

https://www.politico.com/news/...rump-reagan-00115811

Inside the Next Republican Revolution
Whether Trump wins or not, the GOP plans a renewed assault on his nemesis, the “deep state.” Can conservatives train enough loyalists to actually get the job done?

aul Dans points to a massive book prominently displayed on a table in his Capitol Hill office — written, Dans says, “in the sweaty summer of 1980.” Yellowing and torn at the edges, it is a 1,091-page manifesto of conservative governance titled A Mandate for Leadership. “That book really became the bible of the Reagan Revolution. That’s kind of what we’re working from,” says Dans, a tall, MIT-educated lawyer who is leading a team of former Trump officials preparing a new “America First” agenda for the next Republican president — whether it’s former President Donald Trump or not.

In truth, the program laid out by Dans and his fellow Trumpers, called Project 2025, is far more ambitious than anything Ronald Reagan dreamed up. Dans, from his seat inside The Heritage Foundation, and scores of conservative groups aligned with his program are seeking to roll back nothing less than 100 years of what they see as liberal encroachment on Washington. They want to overturn what began as Woodrow Wilson’s creation of a federal administrative elite and later grew into a vast, unaccountable and mostly liberal bureaucracy (as conservatives view it) under Franklin Roosevelt’s New Deal and Lyndon Johnson’s Great Society, numbering about two and a quarter million federal workers today. They aim to defund the Department of Justice, dismantle the FBI, break up the Department of Homeland Security and eliminate the Departments of Education and Commerce, to name just a few of their larger targets. They want to give the president complete power over quasi-independent agencies such as the Federal Communications Commission, which makes and enforces rules for television and internet companies that have been the bane of Trump’s political existence in the last few years.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19758 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Personally, I have no obsession with Donald Trump.

I just don’t think he’s a good choice as president.

I think he’s committed plenty of illegal acts.

But I also think that a lot of the prosecutions are based on politics. There is, for all the denial, a prima facia argument that there are different standards applied.

Did DJT violate the law? Isn’t it the law that because someone else got away with it is not an argument for your violation of it?

My pointing out what I see as a double standard is not a justification for Trump…

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
I agree that Trump needs to become a historical figure only. He wasn't fit the last time; he is not fit now.
On the other hand, Joe Biden is getting worse and worse. The people who continue to parade him in public should be ashamed of themselves. The US is rapidly approaching a true crisis in leadership. It is reaching the point where Joe will have to step down. From that point on, the country is in a real fix. The only way out would be for the new President (Kamala) to be induced to pick a competent Vice President (there must be some Democrat who could be described as such), then step down herself, and let the new President take over. He could select a VP who was not a giggling fool and the country would have the chance of regaining some semblance of world respect.
If the Republicans insist on running Trump, they cannot win against a viable incumbent. They can win against JB and KH. It truly seems as if the leadership of both parties have been afflicted, just like Joe and Donald. Regards, Bill.

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Bill Leeper:
I agree that Trump needs to become a historical figure only. He wasn't fit the last time; he is not fit now.
On the other hand, Joe Biden is getting worse and worse. The people who continue to parade him in public should be ashamed of themselves. The US is rapidly approaching a true crisis in leadership. It is reaching the point where Joe will have to step down. From that point on, the country is in a real fix. The only way out would be for the new President (Kamala) to be induced to pick a competent Vice President (there must be some Democrat who could be described as such)
I suspect the name you are searching for is Pete Buttigieg ,
then step down herself, and let the new President take over.
Or, as intended by the Constitution, the duly-elected Vice President could assume the duties and Office of the President, which she is well qualified to do.
He could select a VP who was not a giggling fool and the country would have the chance of regaining some semblance of world respect.
We have the respect of the world, President Biden just received a standing ovation at the UN where Trump was laughed at.
If the Republicans insist on running Trump, they cannot win against a viable incumbent. They can win against JB and KH.
They couldn't win against Biden/Harris when he didn't have 91 criminal charges but now he can?
It truly seems as if the leadership of both parties have been afflicted, just like Joe and Donald. Regards, Bill.
Should Joe decide to step down the Harris/Buttigieg Admin, backed by the likely coming Democrat majority in both Houses, can accomplish a great deal (to include reforming the Supreme Court) before the 2028 election, then Pete could head the ticket in 2032.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:

But I also think that a lot of the prosecutions are based on politics. There is, for all the denial, a prima facia argument that there are different standards applied.
So, is it the violations of the Espionage Act you find "political", or the obstruction of Justice, or the attempts to overturn an election he lost and shitcan democracy itself?

Did DJT violate the law? Isn’t it the law that because someone else got away with it is not an argument for your violation of it?

My pointing out what I see as a double standard is not a justification for Trump…
Name the Democrat who intentionally stole highly classified documents, concealed them, enlisted others in concealing them, lied about having them and finally provoked an FBI raid to retrieve them. We'll wait...

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Sandy Berger fills most of that list.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by theback40:
Sandy Berger fills most of that list.

Not even close, but thanks for playing Link

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Trump Warns Republicans of 'Last Chance to Defund' Prosecutions Against Him
Story by Aila Slisco •
14h

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...172de9102c11cd&ei=42

Former President Donald Trump is urging Republicans to "defund all aspects" of President Joe Biden's government, while incorrectly suggesting that a government shutdown would defund criminal proceedings against him.

Speaker of the House Kevin McCarthy has so far been unsuccessful in his attempt to unite moderate and hard-right Republicans to agree on a deal that could avert a shutdown ahead of the September 30 deadline. Some hardliners have vowed to not support any deal without concessions that would stand little chance of passing in the Senate or being signed by the president.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...172de9102c11cd&ei=75

The GOP Turns the House Judiciary Committee Into an Absurdist Spectacle
Story by Chris Lehmann •
13h

With a looming government shutdown, Republicans showcased their preferred use of resources: to hammer away at Merrick Garland.

La-di-da indeed. The Garland spectacle stood out in stark and absurdist relief this week, as the hard-right faction of the House Republican caucus has trashed a series of negotiations and deals that would fend off a government shutdown at the end of the month. In the absence of consensus on the most basic duty of the House, Republicans were eager to showcase their preferred use of government resources: to hammer away at the perception that Garland, the sort of deferential institutionalist that the term “milquetoast” was coined to describe, is an ideologically driven Inspector Javert, dead set on prosecuting former president Donald Trump and covering up the many trespasses of the Bidens.

Over and over again, heavy-breathing committee Republicans homed in on the usual talking points about the Biden crime-family fantasia:

Garland’s questioners kept harping on what “everybody knows” in defiance of actual and firmly established knowledge. In a prior hearing before the House oversight committee, for example, Devon Archer, one of the president’s son’s closest business associates, declared that Joe Biden had no involvement in Hunter’s business dealings; instead, Hunter was only trafficking in “the illusion of access,” Archer explained. Just as there are innuendos that “everybody knows,” there are truths that everyone ignores. Another such truth that never got aired during the half-day involved the Burisma case: The dismissal of Ukrainian prosecutor Viktor Shokin was not, in fact, payback for targeting Burisma; in fact, Shokin was sidestepping Burisma along with other major potential prosecutions, and then–Vice President Biden was simply carrying out US anti-corruption policy in seeking to secure Shokin’s dismissal.

Other pet GOP urban legends were repeated for maximum grievance effect, such as the bogus claim that the DOJ circulated a memo characterizing conservative parents staging protests at school board meetings as “domestic terrorists.” (Even by traditional GOP truth-defiling talking points, this one’s a whopper; the offending phrase appeared in a letter to Garland from the National School Boards Association.) https://www.factcheck.org/2022...domestic-terrorists/

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19758 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
As was said above, the pro trump obsession is what I find astounding.
Hate or intense dislike of a politician is usual or common. It's very American and patriotic to buck authority so disliking a Nixon or a Clinton or Cheney seems understandable.

But to me, a Westerner of all Westerners, the love of Trump, the fealty to Trump is baffling. I never once thought trump was anything more than a crooked New Yorker and I'm still surprised anyone outside The Big Apple ever thought differently.

Jeff, my Trump University education tells me you gotta be off your rocker to think a Harris Administration would be any kinda good.

Posts: 9121 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Scott King:
As was said above, the pro trump obsession is what I find astounding.
Hate or intense dislike of a politician is usual or common. It's very American and patriotic to buck authority so disliking a Nixon or a Clinton or Cheney seems understandable.

But to me, a Westerner of all Westerners, the love of Trump, the fealty to Trump is baffling. I never once thought trump was anything more than a crooked New Yorker and I'm still surprised anyone outside The Big Apple ever thought differently.

Jeff, my Trump University education tells me you gotta be off your rocker to think a Harris Administration would be any kinda good.

Why? What has she done that makes you think she can't handle the job?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Not in volume, but in what he did.
Are you going to defend Berger now?

One of Us
Picture of nute
posted Hide Post
Whether she can do the job or not if she was I the hot seat the US would be just as divided as it is now.

You need to find someone who can unite the middle ground.

Posts: 7187 | Location: Ban pre shredded cheese - make America grate again... | Registered: 29 October 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Not in volume, but in what he did.
Are you going to defend Berger now?

Berger pled Guilty and complied with the sentence imposed, there's no "defending" him to be done, but it's asinine to compare him taking several copies of drafts of the same memo with Trump taking, and lying to try to keep, 3,500 pages of classified documents, that we know of.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by nute:
Whether she can do the job or not if she was I the hot seat the US would be just as divided as it is now.

You need to find someone who can unite the middle ground.

I'll settle for uniting Americans dedicated to democracy.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
If you can’t see double standards, you’re not looking too hard.

I don’t disagree that he violated the law, and that he deserves prosecution.

I’m not arguing that his behavior isn’t subjectively worse than others.

I’m stating that others (of both parties) have gotten let go and that part of why Trump is being prosecuted is it is seen as politically necessary to do so, where other political types have been excused when they should not have been. That they have been given a much more generous supposition of lack of intent.

quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
quote:

So, is it the violations of the Espionage Act you find "political", or the obstruction of Justice, or the attempts to overturn an election he lost and shitcan democracy itself?

Name the Democrat who intentionally stole highly classified documents, concealed them, enlisted others in concealing them, lied about having them and finally provoked an FBI raid to retrieve them. We'll wait...

Posts: 10645 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If you can’t see double standards, you’re not looking too hard.

I don’t disagree that he violated the law, and that he deserves prosecution.

I’m not arguing that his behavior isn’t subjectively worse than others.

I’m stating that others (of both parties) have gotten let go and that part of why Trump is being prosecuted is it is seen as politically necessary to do so, where other political types have been excused when they should not have been. That they have been given a much more generous supposition of lack of intent.

quote:
quote:

That's exactly how different fact patterns are supposed to work; a more serious offense has more serious consequences, involving others in your lawbreaking yet more serious consequences, lying to conceal your crimes yet more.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I see the deed as the crime.
A stolen car is stolen if it is a 10 yr old honda civic, or a BMW.
I will point out, Berger was charged with more, he pled to what you posted.
As of now, Trump has not been proven guilty ( yes I think he is), Berger has been.
Kill one, or ten, murder is murder. 10 life sentences amounts to nothing to the guilty. The crime is still there.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I see the deed as the crime.
A stolen car is stolen if it is a 10 yr old honda civic, or a BMW.
I will point out, Berger was charged with more, he pled to what you posted.
As of now, Trump has not been proven guilty ( yes I think he is), Berger has been.
Kill one, or ten, murder is murder. 10 life sentences amounts to nothing to the guilty. The crime is still there.

Because you are a simpleton, the Law is much more complex.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Another name I would throw around from the Democratic side would be Rep. Eric Swalwell of California. He's not afraid to call a MAGA idiot (Jim Jordan) a MAGA idiot. Both his parents are Republicans. He's got a set of balls, just not well known enough yet.

Posts: 13781 | Location: Texas | Registered: 10 May 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of tomahawker
posted Hide Post
All hail Satan!

Posts: 3452 | Registered: 27 November 2014Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:
Another name I would throw around from the Democratic side would be Rep. Eric Swalwell of California. He's not afraid to call a MAGA idiot (Jim Jordan) a MAGA idiot. Both his parents are Republicans. He's got a set of balls, just not well known enough yet.

You mean the guy caught in the Chinese honey pot?

Not a great example.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by Kensco:

You mean the guy caught in the Chinese honey pot?

Not a great example.

A typical Republican lie. Swalwell was, along with several other politicians, targeted by a suspected Chinese spy, did nothing illegal, immoral or indecent, cooperated fully with the FBI upon being contacted and was cleared of wrongdoing by the House Ethics Committee, so of course Republicans spin a wide-ranging web of lies that has him sleeping with her and divulging everything Trump took to Mar-A-Lago during pillow talk.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
cleared of wrongdoing by the House Ethics Committee.

Come on - being cleared of the house ethics committee, no matter which party is in charge, is a pretty low bar. I mean yeah, it was funny to say, but do you know how BAD you have to be to found in violation? was I laughing? also yeah.. but it's like bragging about a degree from trump U

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38502 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Any ass licker in as deep as you Jeff, holds
no account with me on opinions. And that is all you have.
Open your eyes.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Any ass licker in as deep as you Jeff, holds
no account with me on opinions. And that is all you have.
Open your eyes.

My opinions are formed by distilling facts I gather, yours are shat directly down your throat by Sean Hannity and drunken Jean Pirro.

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
wow -- that was outta left field -- shesh

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38502 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Thing is he's like dog shit; he's EVERYWHERE! Can't get news or most anything on the net where there isn't something about HIM. Thankfully most of it isn't positive. So whenever there's an opportunity to say he's unfit to hold the office of President I'm happy to oblige. Other thing is in places like this for those who don't feel like I do the message falls on deaf ears.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1209 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
On the other hand, Joe Biden is getting worse and worse. The people who continue to parade him in public should be ashamed of themselves. The US is rapidly approaching a true crisis in leadership. It is reaching the point where Joe will have to step down. From that point on, the country is in a real fix. The only way out would be for the new President (Kamala) to be induced to pick a competent Vice President (there must be some Democrat who could be described as such)
Or, as intended by the Constitution, the duly-elected Vice President could assume the duties and Office of the President, which she is well qualified to do.
He could select a VP who was not a giggling fool and the country would have the chance of regaining some semblance of world respect.
We have the respect of the world, President Biden just received a standing ovation at the UN where Trump was laughed at.
If the Republicans insist on running Trump, they cannot win against a viable incumbent. They can win against JB and KH.
They couldn't win against Biden/Harris when he didn't have 91 criminal charges but now he can?
It truly seems as if the leadership of both parties have been afflicted, just like Joe and Donald. Regards, Bill.
Should Joe decide to step down the Harris/Buttigieg Admin, backed by the likely coming Democrat majority in both Houses, can accomplish a great deal (to include reforming the Supreme Court) before the 2028 election, then Pete could head the ticket in 2032.

Holy Crap! You truly do live in a dream world! Pete Buttigieg! I nearly choked on my tea! I can understand it though. Anyone who considers Kamala a capable potential president is most certainly out of touch with reality.
Trump couldn't win against Biden/Harris when the country didn't know how bad they were. Now, everyone knows how bad they are (except for some deluded individuals.
Now, I happen to think Donald Trump is terrible as well, and I sincerely hope he is not the Republican choice. The trouble is, they are just as deluded as you are. You think Joe is sharp as a tack; they think Donald cares about America and America's citizens. I think Donald is somewhat deranged and a danger to the nation. I think Joe is a sad, demented old man, and a puppet with who knows pulling the strings. They are as dangerous as Trump. Regards, Bill

Posts: 3534 | Location: Elko, B.C. Canada | Registered: 19 June 2000Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Nowhere near as dangerous as trump. You have got to be kidding. And no, they aren't "bad". The country has been doing just fine with them in spite of the GOP. Just like it did with Obama. Numbers don't lie.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Holy Crap! You truly do live in a dream world! Pete Buttigieg! I nearly choked on my tea! I can understand it though. Anyone who considers Kamala a capable potential president is most certainly out of touch with reality.
Trump couldn't win against Biden/Harris when the country didn't know how bad they were. Now, everyone knows how bad they are (except for some deluded individuals.
Now, I happen to think Donald Trump is terrible as well, and I sincerely hope he is not the Republican choice. The trouble is, they are just as deluded as you are. You think Joe is sharp as a tack; they think Donald cares about America and America's citizens. I think Donald is somewhat deranged and a danger to the nation. I think Joe is a sad, demented old man, and a puppet with who knows pulling the strings. They are as dangerous as Trump. Regards, Bill

Well, let's compare her qualifications to Trump's when you first voted for him. She has been elected, and re-elected, to local office as a District Attorney, elected and re-elected to Statewide office as Attorney General and elected as Vice President of the United States. She has, so far, won election about 5 more times than he had, with a number of years of public service and a good grasp of our political system at all three levels.

The day you voted for Trump the first time he had never performed a single act of public service, filed for bankruptcy six times including breaking multiple casinos, never stood for election to anything and displayed neither knowledge nor curiosity about how government works, or doesn't. You voted for him anyway.

President Biden is 4% older than Trump, was always smarter and still is and is in much better mental and physical condition. He got more votes than any candidate in American history and restored our standing internationally from being a punchline.

Trump let a million Americans die because wearing a mask smudged his makeup.

one of us
posted Hide Post
You got to be kidding me about Biden. You just do not want to believe your eyes and ears. He can barely walk and can barely hold a conversation. He has been caught plagiarizing several times in his life and constantly tells stories about his life that have been proven to be lies.

Just his administration's complete abandonment of the southern border is worthy of a tar and feathering.

I believe Jines has it right, just because Trump may not be fit to be president does not mean Biden is worth a shit.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Lets see.
A black kid steals an old Honda.
A rich white kid steals a new beamer.
Same crime, yet the black kid gets hammered, and the white kid gets probation.
The crime is the same, how justice is dished out differs.
You are such a short sighted dumbass you must miss the toilet half the time.

one of us
posted Hide Post
Jeff, If you thought a mask was going to protect anyone from Covid you are sadly mistaken. Hell look at numerous studies on masks and covid. And no I am not going to do research for you

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
You got to be kidding me about Biden. You just do not want to believe your eyes and ears. He can barely walk and can barely hold a conversation. He has been caught plagiarizing several times in his life and constantly tells stories about his life that have been proven to be lies.

Just his administration's complete abandonment of the southern border is worthy of a tar and feathering.

I believe Jines has it right, just because Trump may not be fit to be president does not mean Biden is worth a shit.

Wait a minute, I thought Joe Biden was the head of an international crime family so cunning and diabolical that they leave absolutely no evidence behind, just bent twigs and disturbed dirt only Republicans can see?

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
Jeff, If you thought a mask was going to protect anyone from Covid you are sadly mistaken. Hell look at numerous studies on masks and covid. And no I am not going to do research for you

You betray your fundamental ignorance about the purpose and effectiveness of masking in few words. Masking isn't intended to protect you from COVID, it's intended primarily to reduce the chances of you spreading it if you are either an asymptomatic carrier or just a general asshole who doesn't care how they impact other people (woke, I guess).

Due to inept messaging from the Trump White House, Trump's refusal to mask because it smeared his makeup and the abjectly retarded glomming onto it as a culture-war badge of ideological purity to oppose them, the purpose, slowing community spread without losing a million Americans, was drowned out.

So over a million Americans have died, so far. More will today.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
A little off topic....
Jeff and Klownsco keep bringing up fox news to me.
I have an antenna that gets me network channels.
Is there a way to get cable channels with it?
I suck at this tech stuff.
I mostly read the news, and nothing by madcow, carlson and the like. But there might be some interesting things on cable.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
A little off topic....
Jeff and Klownsco keep bringing up fox news to me.
I have an antenna that gets me network channels.
Is there a way to get cable channels with it?
I suck at this tech stuff.
I mostly read the news, and nothing by madcow, carlson and the like. But there might be some interesting things on cable.

Not an expert, but I don't think so. I don't own a TV, damned near everything on one can be accessed online.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I do like Catherine Herridge on CBS.
No drama, never says " I think", always just the report.
Computer takes forever to load up. only listen to things when I'm working on other projects in the house and dont mind the start and stops.