THE ACCURATE RELOADING POLITICAL CRATER

Accuratereloading.com    The Accurate Reloading Forums    THE ACCURATE RELOADING.COM FORUMS  Hop To Forum Categories  Guns, Politics, Gunsmithing & Reloading  Hop To Forums  The Political Forum    and now for something totally different - Texas Roadhouse

Moderators: DRG
Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

and now for something totally different - Texas Roadhouse Login/Join 
Picture of jeffeosso
posted
I had a big ole 16 oz sirloin last night - i couldn't eat all of it, with a loaded baker and a ceasar - So i diced it all up, threw same shallots in the pan first, then steak, a little S&P, a couple eggs, some melty cheese and enjoyed it with tortillas and salsa picante

that, and some strong coffee, kicked off my day nicely

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38462 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Sounds like the fixings of a true Texan! Except for maybe the shallots…most Texans would just use some Texas grown yellow onions…just ribbing. I am sure I have and not known it…but to my knowledge I have never eaten a shallot. Do like the flavor of shallots better? What is the difference?

My wife does the same with steakhouse leftovers all the time. She knows though that if she scrambles it in eggs, provides good hot tortillas and some decent salsa…I will eat it. Especially with a fresh cup of stout coffee.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
onions have a tendency to give me a migraine, likely from the sulfur compounds, which is a problem, as i LOVE onions, in all forms

a shallot is a combo of the softest onions and sweet/buttery garlic - soft, not sweet, vedalia are sweeter.

anyway, just swap 1:1 for onions, and forget adding anything but roasted garlic -

steak, eggs, salsa, cheese, tortilla, coffee, and a warm sweet woman - literally it doesn't get any better, of, maybe it does, with a loyal dog to share the scramble with

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
steak, eggs, salsa, cheese, tortilla, coffee, and a warm sweet woman - literally it doesn't get any better, of, maybe it does, with a loyal dog to share the scramble with

+1 on all the above.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36553 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yum. Smiler

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
https://www.msn.com/en-us/heal...fptaskbarhover&ei=15

More Than 240 Sushi Restaurant Patrons Complain Of Illness
Story by Peggy Aoki • 23m

==========================================

IMO, anyone who eats raw fish, or anything raw, is asking for trouble.

I never understood the desire to eat raw fish, or especially escargot.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Posts: 19674 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
why would you post some rando food poisoning, norovirus link here? Dude, seriously, it has a SMELL and a TASTE - my wife USED to make fun of me for spitting out food, until SHE got it before me, as if when you take care of a person with norovirus you will get it.

btw, bonine stops the puking, where you could get some water/fluid down.

You link has NOTHING to do with TRH or breakfast tacos -- just NO

#dumptrump

476AR,

Administrator
posted Hide Post
One of my favorite eating places was the TEXAS TUMBLEWEED in Houston.

They used to serve 3 steaks.

All T-Bone.

Cowgirl at 18 ounces
Cowboy at 28 ounces
The Big Texan at 72 ounces.

I have seen people actually finish the Big Texan! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso: You link has NOTHING to do with TRH or breakfast tacos -- just NO

The contrast serves to make the appreciation for your recipe even greater. Big Grin

XXX

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
Good mulie, whitetail, elk or antelope steaks is what I prefer for grilled steaks
Bear stew and bear chilli is another of my favorites
Beef and pork way behind and I will put lamb ahead of them

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
Sounds like the fixings of a true Texan! Except for maybe the shallots…most Texans would just use some Texas grown yellow onions…just ribbing. I am sure I have and not known it…but to my knowledge I have never eaten a shallot. Do like the flavor of shallots better? What is the difference?

My wife does the same with steakhouse leftovers all the time. She knows though that if she scrambles it in eggs, provides good hot tortillas and some decent salsa…I will eat it. Especially with a fresh cup of stout coffee.

I believe the largest grower of onion starts for home and commercial growing come from Dixondale Farms in Carrizo Springs, Texas. Yes, I get mine from there each winter too.

~Ann

Posts: 19155 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

All T-Bone.

Cowgirl at 18 ounces
Cowboy at 28 ounces

The Tumbleweed was a great restaurant. Sadly they are all gone.

Posts: 41773 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Administrator
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
Originally posted by Saeed:

All T-Bone.

Cowgirl at 18 ounces
Cowboy at 28 ounces

The Tumbleweed was a great restaurant. Sadly they are all gone.

You might remember they had a show on.

Where a girl is abducted and they get her back.

The hostess used to wear a revolver, and the charged a fixed service charge for parties of 8 or more, and for that you get your own server.

One day we were there and we got our own server.

The hostess said if we had any complaints we should let her know.

I asked if I liked the server, could I take her home?

She said she would give us one I wouldn’t want to take home.

We got a young lady who went by the stage name of Roadrunner!

She was so thin, and extremely efficient, but no one to take home!

I can just imagine this sort of conversation going on today!

I would be locked up! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 66940 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
That's normal in Texas, Saeed. Smiler

XXX