New
Find
Notify
Tools

Stench for thee but not for Xi? Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of Aspen Hill Adventures
posted
News report says that Gov Newsom has scrubbed the streets of San Francisco of feces, trash and gathered up the homeless and taken them away for Prez Xi's visit.

Fascinating.

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
They did the same thing once OWS outlived their usefulness, in the "bay area" - they ultimately used water cannons on the tent city from OWS -

my my, how history repeats itself

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38513 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Apparently walls do work
https://www.foxnews.com/politi...summit-xi-biden-meet

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
Any and all Americans should be embarrassed at what we've allowed to happen to our fellow Americans and our streets. If our mother's and grandmother's weren't also Americans and saw what we allow they'd tell us we should be ashamed of ourselves.

Imagine what Jesus thinks. 2020

Yep, we try to get the grass mowed, the clothes hung up and the dishes done before company comes over.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yeah, it's a sad state of affairs when the only time the republicans get concerned about the homeless is when they can use them as a political talking point. 2020

What's your solution, Ann? Since you bring it up.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
And the liberals don’t use the homeless for their own ends? Gimme a break.

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
Yeah, it's a sad state of affairs when the only time the republicans get concerned about the homeless is when they can use them as a political talking point. 2020

I'll bite, Mike -- i think her point is that even this liberal city CAN clean up the city and, HOPEFULLY, take care of the homeless. But only if "they" (both the city and the homeless in turn) want to change

#dumptrump

476AR,

Administrator
posted Hide Post
I LOVE it.

In China, they have adverts showing how California REALLY is.

Homeless everywhere.

They ban drinking straws.

But give free needles to druggies.

Just a normal common sense in a FREE DEMOCRATIC country.

Same country that has Biden and Trump fighting to rule it!

Oh, let us not forget that perfect example of politics.

KAMALA! clap

www.accuratereloading.com
Instagram : ganyana2000

Posts: 67035 | Location: Dubai, UAE | Registered: 08 January 1998Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Just my personal opinion, but I think mentioning Jesus and Liberals in the same sentence is a non sequitur.

Posts: 10037 | Location: Houston, Texas | Registered: 26 December 2005Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Jesus would be a flaming liberal. Only a fool could interpret him differently.

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jeffeosso:
quote:

I'll bite, Mike -- i think her point is that even this liberal city CAN clean up the city and, HOPEFULLY, take care of the homeless. But only if "they" (both the city and the homeless in turn) want to change

That's a point of view, my friend, not a solution.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Bill Walton has the right idea.

I started a thread endorsing it months ago.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

All I can tell you, Mike, is there is a reason I do not live in the city. Actually, MANY. So a solution? There is none other than replace leaders who are hired to come up with solutions but do not follow through. However, that a city only cleans up for foreign criminal 'dignitaries' is sickening.

Now, what's YOUR solution? More illegals to suck on the taxpayer's dollars? Roll Eyes

~Ann

Posts: 19170 | Location: The LOST Nation | Registered: 27 March 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Moving them to the desert to live in tents is not a solution to the problem.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Aspen Hill Adventures:
quote:

All I can tell you, Mike, is there is a reason I do not live in the city. Actually, MANY. So a solution? There is none other than replace leaders who are hired to come up with solutions but do not follow through. However, that a city only cleans up for foreign criminal 'dignitaries' is sickening.

Now, what's YOUR solution? More illegals to suck on the taxpayer's dollars? Roll Eyes

Your usual stupid and uninformed response. Your solution is to get rid of the homeless. In whatever way possible, I assume. After all, they are "vermin", right? Just like the rest of us Democrats and liberals.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

Moving them to the desert to live in tents is not a solution to the problem.

NAS Miramar is NOT the desert. When I lived in SD years ago, I lived about 10 miles away due north. It’s most assuredly not desert- in fact it’s only about 2-3 miles from the beach. coffee

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13169 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

Your usual stupid and uninformed response. Your solution is to get rid of the homeless. In whatever way possible, I assume. After all, they are "vermin", right? Just like the rest of us Democrats and liberals.

I've never made any thought on a homeless solution and yet you continue to put words in my mouth. You are a typical, despicable liberal and the second half of the bolded comment you made is exactly how I view you and yours.

You willingly accept millions of illegals and use taxpayers money to house, feed and provide medical services for them but leave citizen homeless in squalor.

~Ann

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

I've never made any thought on a homeless solution and yet you continue to put words in my mouth. You are a typical, despicable liberal and the second half of the bolded comment you made is exactly how I view you and yours.

You willingly accept millions of illegals and use taxpayers money to house, feed and provide medical services for them but leave citizen homeless in squalor.

Somebody needs to put words in your mouth, you're too stupid to come up with your own.

And, we don't pay to house, feed or provide medical services to undocumented workers except in very limited, typically emergency, situations. This has been documented here over and over and over but it just can't penetrate to that steel trap of a mind of yours, can it? Roll Eyes

One of Us
Picture of Scott King
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

I disagree with this assessment.

I believe we all see the homeless, addicted, poor and ill as our fellow Americans. True, there maybe some denigration regarding drug dealers, street gangs and other criminals, but that's not the hobo living under the bridge that we're talking about.

I suspect the problem is we've let the issue and population grow exponentially and we as a society feel more powerless, overwhelmed and helpless than ever before.

I love my fellow Americans, certainly don't want to infringe on any of their rights and will happily donate my time and money, pay taxes towards and any other way I can obligate myself for their betterment.

Posts: 9138 | Location: Dillingham Alaska | Registered: 10 April 2006Reply With Quote
one of us
posted Hide Post
Mitchell, I am just curious if we are not spending money on illegals, why are many of the mayors asking for money, who is paying for the housing at the border or the pay for all the federal workers processing.

Posts: 1852 | Location: Prairieville,Louisiana, USA | Registered: 09 October 2001Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by MLindsay:
Mitchell, I am just curious if we are not spending money on illegals, why are many of the mayors asking for money, who is paying for the housing at the border or the pay for all the federal workers processing.

Of course we are spending money on illegals. To claim otherwise is just asinine. thumbdown

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
Just to be clear - Miramar is just outside of san diego - and san diego is what some people feel is the perfect environment - not a desert

next - of course we spend tax payers dollars on illegals - oh, i saw how you tried to limit it to "Workers" - but what about the unemployed, families, the injured and sick? and who's paying for their children's education - Apparently Texas is, of course, as NYC get 13K and think it's the end of the world.

The liberal claims that GOP only cares about homeless as props is absurd on it's face. That the liberals also want to "clean the streets before company arrives" is self-evident

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Come on mikey, tell us again how San Diego is a desert and the US government doesn’t spend any money on illegals…. animal cuckoo rotflmo

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
The increase in illegal immigration is going to destroy what little privately funded homeless shelters and programs we have.
One such shelter we donate to is at the breaking point - literally considering closing - because the City and County of Denver has dropped off multiple Venezuelan families at their door.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
Come on mikey, tell us again how San Diego is a desert and the US government doesn’t spend any money on illegals…. animal cuckoo rotflmo

Here's a photo of Sunbreak Ranch, the proposed site. Lovely, isn't it. Scrub desert. Put up a bunch of tents to live in and portable toilets and you have paradise. Or a detention camp.

https://sunbreakranch.com/photos-of-proposed-site/

And, educate yourself on what sort of social welfare benefits are available to undocumented workers. I would have thought you would have enough brainpower to figure this out yourself. But, i guess not.

https://www.nilc.org/issues/ec...-immeligfedprograms/

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
Miramar is over 26,000 acres. Yes, much of it is scrubland. It is not a desert. There is a difference. And, as someone stated earlier, why are the Dem mayors of multiple major cities asking for federal assistance if the feds aren’t spending any money on care for illegals?? popcorn

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Here's a photo of Sunbreak Ranch, the proposed site. Lovely, isn't it. Scrub desert. Put up a bunch of tents to live in and portable toilets and you have paradise.

Would beat the hell out of living in a cardboard box in an alley, scrounging trash for food, and shitting on the sidewalk. Hell, you would even have a hot shower room.

Looks like paradise to me comparatively.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36646 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Doesn't sound any more primitive than some safari camps, which we pay thousands to stay in.

Posts: 6157 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Here's a photo of Sunbreak Ranch, the proposed site. Lovely, isn't it. Scrub desert. Put up a bunch of tents to live in and portable toilets and you have paradise.

Would beat the hell out of living in a cardboard box in an alley, scrounging trash for food, and shitting on the sidewalk. Hell, you would even have a hot shower room.

Looks like paradise to me comparatively.

His mind is made up, facts won't change it

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
Picture of Huvius
posted Hide Post
There’s not a lot of room to bitch when it comes to free accommodation.
No society owes these people a place to live if they choose to exclude themselves from programs established to help them up.

I suppose this is why, historically, big cities had slums. No need for vagrants to blight the nice neighborhoods.

Posts: 3239 | Location: Colorado U.S.A. | Registered: 24 December 2004Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
Mike M,
If you are looking for a reason for homelessness that you can change so there won’t be any…might as well give up as there is not a fixable one. The best we can do is feed them and give them shelter.

No need to allow them to ruin our cities.

J. Lane Easter, DVM