Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Spends $1,700+ per Immigrant to Bus Them Out Login/Join 
One of Us
posted
This is simply brilliant:

quote:
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Texas paid a private company $75.5 million in taxpayer funds over the span of a year to transport migrants to sanctuary cities across the U.S.

Transaction data provided by the Texas Department of Emergency Management shows the state paid Wynne Transportation $75,561,032.72 from Aug. 19, 2022, through Aug. 23, 2023, to bus migrants out of state.

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
That’s a helluva bargain versus long term housing, food and medical care.! tu2

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13160 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:

Yeah, except the state doesn't pay any of that for them.

Anybody that doesn't recognize that the busing program is a stupid fucking political stunt...is stupid.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15105 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
It’s a stunt that has finally gotten the sanctuary city types as being seen as the hypocritical asses they are.

If slo Joe had been responsive and stopped the open border crap, maybe it would have never happened. Biden’s refusal to enforce US immigration laws as they historically were viewed is the cause here.

Posts: 10633 | Location: Minnesota USA | Registered: 15 June 2007Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:

Anybody that doesn't recognize that the busing program is a stupid f *cking political stunt...is stupid.

Weird, Mike, I believe NYC would disagree with most of your points here - Even to the point about it being stupid, as it has caused NYS to ask to secure the border - and caused Biden to restart building the wall --

I mean, i get it, you don't like it --

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38488 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Anybody that doesn't recognize that the busing program is a stupid fucking political stunt...is stupid.

So it wouldn’t cost Texas any money to keep illegals in the state? BULLSHIT! And the sanctuary cities didn’t take long to get a belly full of it. If the feds picked up the whole tab, why did Chicago, NYC, and LA suddenly start begging for help? cuckoo

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by crbutler:
It’s a stunt that has finally gotten the sanctuary city types as being seen as the hypocritical asses they are.

If slo Joe had been responsive and stopped the open border crap, maybe it would have never happened. Biden’s refusal to enforce US immigration laws as they historically were viewed is the cause here.

Got slo joe to build the fence!

We win animal

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

jumping

Poor lil mikey .....he's afraid he's gonna lose his nanny and his lawn mexican animal

Posts: 41785 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:

jumping

Poor lil mikey .....he's afraid he's gonna lose his nanny and his lawn mexican animal

Says the hypocritical ass who made his living in the construction industry in Texas his whole life. Which is largely driven and supported by the labor provided by undocumented workers. Go fuck yourself Jim. moon

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

jumping

Says the hypocritical ass who made his living in the construction industry in Texas his whole life. Which is largely driven and supported by the labor provided by undocumented workers. Go fuck yourself Jim. moon

Weak, very weak lil mikey..... dishonest people project their ethics on others....and well... You are a lawyer!

One of Us
Picture of Bivoj
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:

jumping

Mike , you sound like an idiot

Nothing like standing over your own kill

Posts: 617 | Location: Wherever hunting is good and Go Trump | Registered: 17 June 2023Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

jumping

Weak, very weak lil mikey..... dishonest people project their ethics on others....and well... You are a lawyer!

And you are a hypocritical turd. You were fine with undocumented workers when they were helping you make a living.

One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Jefffive:
This is simply brilliant:

quote:
HOUSTON, Texas (KTRK) -- Texas paid a private company $75.5 million in taxpayer funds over the span of a year to transport migrants to sanctuary cities across the U.S.

Transaction data provided by the Texas Department of Emergency Management shows the state paid Wynne Transportation $75,561,032.72 from Aug. 19, 2022, through Aug. 23, 2023, to bus migrants out of state.

Money well spent!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36630 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

jumping

And you are a hypocritical turd. You were fine with undocumented workers when they were helping you make a living.

Mike,
Jim has consistently been opposed to undocumented workers in thd 17 years I have known him. Find one post with him condoning them.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

A born Texan has instilled in his system a mind-set of no retreat or no surrender. I wish everyone the world over had the dominating spirit that motivates Texans.– Billy Clayton, Speaker of the Texas House

No state commands such fierce pride and loyalty. Lesser mortals are pitied for their misfortune in not being born in Texas.— Queen Elizabeth II on her visit to Texas in May, 1991.

Posts: 36630 | Location: Gainesville, TX | Registered: 24 December 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
FYI, Biden is still building the wall because it is law that he cant get out of.

Posts: 1073 | Location: oregon | Registered: 20 February 2009Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If it's the law it sure took Biden a long time to figure it out. Maybe that's why they call him slow Joe.

Posts: 725 | Location: Corrales, New Mexico | Registered: 03 February 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

jumping

Mike,
Jim has consistently been opposed to undocumented workers in thd 17 years I have known him. Find one post with him condoning them.

I guess the question is did his company hire undocumented, migrant workers? At least, did he knowingly so hire or actively determine status before hiring?

Posts: 10904 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of ledvm
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

jumping

Mike,

I guess the question is did his company hire undocumented, migrant workers? At least, did he knowingly so hire or actively determine status before hiring?

As he has said umpteen-thousand times…no he did not hire undocumented workers. And yes, he has always been and advocate for determination of status and punishment for those who don’t — consistently.

J. Lane Easter, DVM

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have not seen him say one way or another. Never heard it actually asked before nor stated what industry Jtex. I assumed that the poster was asserting the above. Hence, the reason I said, “ I guess.”

Would I have said it like MM. no, I would have just asked the question.

I’ll take your word and his for it. No resin not to.

I agree fully Jtex has always advocated non documented-migrant labor.

The two being advocacy and actual hiring practices are not necessarily mutually exclusive.

I can’t say if we have never hired undocumented labor. I would bet sub contractors sure have; concrete vendors, powder vendors, fence removal folks before we start grade work.

I am going to watch horses race now.

I would bet some of these grounds crew are undocumented. I do not care. I would give the a status to a work permit and path to citizenship after vetting.

Posts: 10904 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
I would give the a status to a work permit and path to citizenship after vetting.

there's a bit in there - I don't believe work permits should EVER lead to a path to citizenship, though I also believe the process can be concurrent. If someone wants to work here, awesome, here's your permit (after background check) - If someone wants to be a citizen, AWESOME, here's the process - heck, even time on a work permit can count towards residency - But work permit ===> citizen, nope. those are different processes

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That is your opinion. You are entitled to it. If I need to compromise on the path to citizenship to get a package passed I would.

I do not see how someone working, obeying the laws, paying tax for however long not being permitted to be naturalized served a good.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
That is your opinion. You are entitled to it. If I need to compromise on the path to citizenship to get a package passed I would.

I do not see how someone working, obeying the laws, paying tax for however long not being permitted to be naturalized served a good.

I don't recall naturalized citizens trying to overthrow the government...

"If you’re innocent why are you taking the Fifth Amendment?”- Donald Trump

Posts: 9576 | Location: Tennessee | Registered: 09 December 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

jumping

Mike,

As he has said umpteen-thousand times…no he did not hire undocumented workers. And yes, he has always been and advocate for determination of status and punishment for those who don’t — consistently.

I never said he hired undocumented workers. He's an electrical subcontractor. Requires licenses. But, I've seen lots of undocumented workers assisting licensed electricians. Jim would know.

I said he made his living in an the construction industry. Which, in Texas, is hugely dependent upon undocumented workers. They're the ones that frame the apartments and houses, dig the holes for the plumbing and utilities, pave the roads, Hang the drywall, and assist the skilled trades. Like Jim's.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
I never said he hired undocumented workers. He's an electrical subcontractor. Requires licenses. But, I've seen lots of undocumented workers assisting licensed electricians. Jim would know.

I said he made his living in an the construction industry. Which, in Texas, is hugely dependent upon undocumented workers. They're the ones that frame the apartments and houses, dig the holes for the plumbing and utilities, pave the roads, Hang the drywall, and assist the skilled trades. Like Jim's.

Bet he's never called immigration on any of them..... archer

Posts: 15880 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
The question becomes how would the lack of undocumented, migrant labor affect the blue collar trades?

Or

Would snapping one’s fingers and remove all the unskilled and undocumented labor in housing and commercial construction collapse those dependent industries?

If Americans wanted to do those jobs, they could get them now along w the migrant labor. I did them and more, but did not have undocumented, labor working beside me.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

jumping

Mikey you're still an idiot......somethings never change. You and your acquaintances might need illegals to make a living....me? Nope, not a bit.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by squeezenhope:
If it's the law it sure took Biden a long time to figure it out. Maybe that's why they call him slow Joe.

animal

And no one new it was law when he PROMISED "no walls on his watch".....

jumping

Elections are coming up and the Biden admin is toxic!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

jumping

Mike,

And the answer is a resounding and consistent NO. We verified all new hires through their social security numbers.

Never, not ever!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by wymple:
quote:

Bet he's never called immigration on any of them..... archer

You would be wrong yet again.....or maybe as usual. Undocumented workers by their typical lack of functional English and lack of reading comprehension in English create a worksite hazzard!

My employees safety was always paramount, damned straight I called!

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:
quote:

jumping

Mike,

Commercial and light industrial Electrical contractIng lil mikey....

Didn't frame apartments or houses, pave roads or hang drywall....never used subcontractors, had employees.

Explain "assist" skilled trades.....even the lowliest, newest apprentice is required by state law to be licensed before they place foot on a jobsite.

As usual you are talking out of your ass....probably based upon experience from low life scum you make a living representing....

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Would snapping one’s fingers and remove all the unskilled and undocumented labor in housing and commercial construction collapse those dependent industries?

If Americans wanted to do those jobs, they could get them now along w the migrant labor. I did them and more, but did not have undocumented, labor working beside me

It would...eventually..... Illegals are not so prevalent in the commercial market, but they are in residential

That line.....do jobs Americans won't do.......that is a huge oversimplification.

Illegals in most "lower" skilled non licensed trades have driven wages down so that the occupations are not attractive as they where 25 years ago. Painting, concrete, drywall and finishing, brick and block masons....and pretty much all residential construction. Most residential is done outside of city limits where there is very little oversight by the authorities.... Inspectors and such...makes working illegals much easier for disreputable contractors and developers...

Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
most illegals work at about 2/3 the prevailing wage, don't pay taxes, aren't covered under workmen's comp, are "1099 contractors", and are at risk of being ripped off -

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
With work permits and legal status they would pay taxes, employers would have to pay payroll taxes. May cut the wage undercutting. Here if you want to work someone under the table , you will not get away w it in Highway Construction or mining, as it has as a lot of state inspectors and Fed laws, then you are setting yourself up for a reckoning. Highway Construction has to pay Union Scale regardless if the shop is union bc of Fed Law. When the bid is funded w X percentage of Fed dollars (all the good bids are) the law is triggered.

Now, in residential, local stuff (I am thinking of housing as in small residential house, black topping a drive way, graveling a driveway, or retaining wall for your drive way against a bank), Yeah, a lot of white under the table paying going on.

Again, if US Citizens wanted these unskilled labor jobs, they could get hired in them. At least I did those jobs. Better work than a restaurant as you can learn a trade from starting at the bottom in contacting.

Now, would one rather draw food stamps then work out side lifting and shoveling is another question.

In KY, undocumented, migrant labor is covered under your Workers’ Comp.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I disagree with handing out work permits, green cards, or certificates of citizenship to people who came here illegally. Why do we need more scofflaws?

Let them go home or to a third country like Mexico if they care to apply--like all the applicants waiting for legal admission to the US.

Biden's lack of action on this issue pisses me off. It may cost him the election.

Posts: 6125 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
I disagree with handing out work permits, green cards, or certificates of citizenship to people who came here illegally. Why do we need more scofflaws?

Let them go home or to a third country like Mexico if they care to apply--like all the applicants waiting for legal admission to the US.

Biden's lack of action on this issue pisses me off. It may cost him the election.

Agreed 100%_percent!!!!

Do not change the laws to suit the law breakers. Enforce the laws as written.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
With work permits and legal status they would pay taxes, employers would have to pay payroll taxes. May cut the wage undercutting. Here if you want to work someone under the table , you will not get away w it in Highway Construction or mining, as it has as a lot of state inspectors and Fed laws, then you are setting yourself up for a reckoning. Highway Construction has to pay Union Scale regardless if the shop is union bc of Fed Law. When the bid is funded w X percentage of Fed dollars (all the good bids are) the law is triggered.

Now, in residential, local stuff (I am thinking of housing as in small residential house, black topping a drive way, graveling a driveway, or retaining wall for your drive way against a bank), Yeah, a lot of white under the table paying going on.

Again, if US Citizens wanted these unskilled labor jobs, they could get hired in them. At least I did those jobs. Better work than a restaurant as you can learn a trade from starting at the bottom in contacting.

Now, would one rather draw food stamps then work out side lifting and shoveling is another question.

In KY, undocumented, migrant labor is covered under your Workers’ Comp.

And for the record that prevailing wage stuff???? Davis-bacon....that is nothing but using your tax dollars to subsidize union labor.... That is also wrong, wrong, wrong!!!

If labor unions cant, or won't stay competitive they need to go away or change.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Yawn. It matters not. It had been the law since 1931. If it was so wrong, you think GOP could overturn it. They not only cannot do so. They do not really want to.

It does not matter if the shop is Union. The Contractor still has to pay the rate based on Fed dollars funding the project. It is a good law from the stand point of the folks driving equipment (especially if they are in-unionized). If as a Contractor you cannot afford it. You cannot afford to bid the jobs that require it.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:

Be a the American body politic is not going to agree with removing 80 odd million people.

One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:

Be a the American body politic is not going to agree with removing 80 odd million people.

So you think there are 80 million illegals in this country? If so, you are an idiot…..That’s a fourth of the US population.

One of Us
posted Hide Post
That number sounds high, 80 million. That would be a ratio of about one to six, illegals to legals present here. Citizens and all.

But let's suppose there really are 80 million people illegally in the US. Wow, that's a lot! We better get cracking on this problem before it gets worse.

Stop helping them across the river, and start repelling invaders.

Increase the number of border patrol, and also administrative law judges to hear "refugee" claims. Unlike Republicans, who just want to whine and posture and electioneer with the issue, I'm willing to spend federal funds to deal with the problem.

Once all these people figure out all the free benefits they can get, free medical care and so forth, we're going to have an even bigger problem on our hands.

Posts: 6125 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote