New
Find
Notify
Tools

Texas Spends $1,700+ per Immigrant to Bus Them Out Login/Join 
One of Us
Picture of jdollar
posted Hide Post
According to the 2021 US census, the US population is 334 million. As I said 80 million is about one in four. You and Heym both need to check your math.

Vote Trump- Putin’s best friend…

Posts: 13162 | Location: Georgia | Registered: 28 October 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Yawn. It matters not. It had been the law since 1931. If it was so wrong, you think GOP could overturn it. They not only cannot do so. They do not really want to.

It does not matter if the shop is Union. The Contractor still has to pay the rate based on Fed dollars funding the project. It is a good law from the stand point of the folks driving equipment (especially if they are in-unionized). If as a Contractor you cannot afford it. You cannot afford to bid the jobs that require it.

They don't care, it isn't their money that is being wasted, its the tax payers money that is being wasted.

It has,nothing at all to do with being able to afford it, its nothing but a subsidy for unions at tax payer expense.

How do you feel about forgiving college debt?

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless:
That number sounds high, 80 million. That would be a ratio of about one to six, illegals to legals present here. Citizens and all.

But let's suppose there really are 80 million people illegally in the US. Wow, that's a lot! We better get cracking on this problem before it gets worse.

Stop helping them across the river, and start repelling invaders.

Increase the number of border patrol, and also administrative law judges to hear "refugee" claims. Unlike Republicans, who just want to whine and posture and electioneer with the issue, I'm willing to spend federal funds to deal with the problem.

Once all these people figure out all the free benefits they can get, free medical care and so forth, we're going to have an even bigger problem on our hands.

I'm with you on more border patrol.

I lose you on more judges......they shouldn't be here to hear on refugee status.

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
That number sounds high, 80 million. That would be a ratio of about one to six, illegals to legals present here. Citizens and all.
agreed - that number is likley closer to 25-30 million - and all need a work visa, a TIN, a background check, and annual review of their w2's to show they have been working (or a housewife/student)
quote:

But let's suppose there really are 80 million people illegally in the US. Wow, that's a lot! We better get cracking on this problem before it gets worse.
Like Greg Abbott has been calling for, for years
quote:

Stop helping them across the river, and start repelling
When GOP Gov Greg Abbott tries, he's sued by the feds and liberal groups
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless: invaders.

Increase the number of border patrol, and also administrative law judges to hear "refugee" claims.
Sounds like a plan, like the several plans that have been submitted to the do nothing feds
quote:
Unlike Republicans,
Hmm, you mean like Greg Abbott, trying to control the flow of illegals and drugs into the county?
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless: who just want to whine and posture and electioneer with the issue,
Except Clinton, Obama, Hillary, and Biden have ALL campaigned on controlling the border/building a wall -- we see how that goes
quote:
Originally posted by RolandtheHeadless: I'm willing to spend federal funds to deal with the problem.
that's tax payer dollars, there no such thing as "federal money"
quote:
Once all these people figure out all the free benefits they can get, free medical care and so forth, we're going to have an even bigger problem on our hands.

There are HUNDREDS of liberal groups doing exactly that, and several "sanctuary" cities that promised these .... and getting 12,000 Texas illegals is BREAKING NYS -- that's just weird, I mean, Texas gets that many a WEEK, and we seem to function

#dumptrump

opinions vary band of bubbas and STC hunting Club

Information on Ammoguide about
the416AR, 458AR, 470AR, 500AR
What is an AR round? Case Drawings 416-458-470AR and 500AR.
476AR,
http://www.weaponsmith.com

Posts: 38503 | Location: Conroe, TX | Registered: 01 June 2002Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
I mean, it's weird .. it seems like border states that want to deal with the problem are demonized by the left and the press -- weird, huh?

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
Looking at Pew from 2017 the number is 10.5 million estimated. If I am reading this right.

https://www.pewresearch.org/sh...mmigrant-population/

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by LHeym500:
Looking at Pew from 2017 the number is 10.5 million estimated. If I am reading this right.

https://www.pewresearch.org/sh...mmigrant-population/

and an estimated 7,5 m have come in, in the last 2 years

#dumptrump

476AR,

One of Us
posted Hide Post
I have no issue w accepting that.

That would subjectively correlate to what we see on the news and reporting from the Texas contingent here. I mean that respectfully.

2/3rds increase from 2017 total in two years.
If I have done my rough math right.

For a while, a major point of discussion was this new influence was not the “traditional” Mexico labor migrant, but these South American “ refugee” like migrant.

In the 2010s, KY had a horrible issue with this homemade meth. The kind that rotted you away hard and fast, and a lot of structures people used to live in blew up. When the organized drug trade across the border took over supply, this local “cooking” meth went away, by and large. It was replaced w this trade meth. One problem begets another.

Posts: 10929 | Location: Somewhere above Tennessee and below Kentucky  | Registered: 31 July 2016Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
If the GOP is so saintly on this issue, why don't they pass an immigration reform bill in the House?

They WANT the problem to get worse for the next election.

Posts: 6136 | Location: Coeur d' Alene, Idaho, USA | Registered: 08 March 2013Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
If the GOP is so saintly on this issue, why don't they pass an immigration reform bill in the House?

WE DONT NEED REFORM!!!!!

WE NEED TO ENFORCE THE LAWS ALREADY PASSED!!!!!

One of Us
Picture of Capt.Purvis
posted Hide Post
They had to do something to get the attention of the liberal cities in the North. I do not understand why we do not set up something like we did at Ellis Island. Process and monitor all immigrants. At this point we need to fix the current problem. We have enough people here and population is the worst kind of pollution.

Posts: 513 | Location: Eastern NC Outer Banks | Registered: 09 November 2020Reply With Quote
Picture of jeffeosso
posted Hide Post
quote:

both sides politic on controlling the border -

though, honestly, IDK why ANY congress hasn't changed the law - or even allowed Border States to ACTUALLY control the border

quote:
Bill Clinton:
"We are a nation of immigrants, but we are also a nation of laws. It is wrong and ultimately self-defeating for a nation of immigrants to permit the kind of abuse of our immigration laws we have seen in recent years, and we must do more to stop it."

Barack Obama:
"We are not going to grant amnesty to people who are here illegally. What we're saying is we're not going to deport you. The focus should be on criminal activity. We shouldn't be in the business of separating families."

Hillary Clinton:
"We need comprehensive immigration reform with a path to full and equal citizenship. If we don't have it, then I will support the president's executive actions on DACA and DAPA. We can't wait any longer for a path to full and equal citizenship."

Joe Biden:
"We are a nation that values both security and diversity. I believe in a comprehensive immigration reform that provides a pathway to citizenship for the millions living in the shadows. We must secure our borders, but we also must secure our values and our humanity."

quote:
George H.W. Bush:
"We must act on the basis of what we know, and right now, what we do know is that we have a problem, a serious problem of illegal people and contraband moving across the border."

George W. Bush:
"We must have comprehensive immigration reform that reflects our values as a nation of laws and a nation of immigrants. Border security and a path to legal status for undocumented immigrants are both important parts of that reform."

Donald Trump:
"We are a nation of laws. Undocumented immigrants who break our laws and cross our borders without permission should be held accountable. We need to build a wall to secure our borders and protect American jobs and American citizens."

Heck, even Kamala agrees
quote:
"I believe that we should be enforcing our laws, and I think that we can do that in a way that is smart and it is effective. And, yes, I believe that we must secure our borders."

#dumptrump

476AR,