Go
New
Find
Notify
Tools

“We are at war...” Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I agree with both of you. Scorched earth. War is ugly. Get it over with.

Posts: 15881 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
I haven't understood the decision to invade Ukraine or the decision to attack Israel.

What's the expected pay-off?

Maybe Putin thought he could subjugate and take all Ukraine in a week. Now, why all the destruction and death, attacking civilians and villages, infrastructure, ag capacity, hospitals, etc.?

Hamas is a different but somewhat similar story. They had to know what triggering Israel would look like. They had to know that vanquishing Israel quickly is impossible, and the self-inflicted consequential casualties enormous.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by DRG:
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by ledvm:
quote:
It's time to take the leash off Netanyahu and let him level every building in Gaza that Hamas just used to launch 3,000 rockets (from Iran) to kill Israeli citizens.

Imagine Mexico sending in 3,000 rockets to Texan cities? What would we do? I know.

I agree Don. But which side of the aisle would scream about that?

Seems both sides of the aisle are seeing that past Trump bowing to Putin led to the mess in Ukraine and Israel today.

Hamas leaders were in Russia last month.

And now this?

Don

Sure. That's it. It has nothing to do with the weak leadership of slo joe......nah....that couldn't be it.

Yeah, why wasn't Biden on the border with his Uzi.

You realize how stupid you sound?

Only to people with no sense.......

The question is why wasn't Biden awake?????

Do you realize how stupid, and weak, you sound blaming this on trump?

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:

Wonder how much war materials Hamas is using were US made and abandoned in Afghanistan .......

You mean the withdrawal that Trump negotiated?

You keep forgetting history.

We are living history now, and it's time to support Israel which is fighting for its life.

My advice to Hamas: Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Yes Don, trump did negotiate the withdrawal...... The Biden admin executed it.....what a disaster..

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
Well, that didn't take long to emerge from the lower bowels of GOPers.

One thing we should expect, and suspect, is the propaganda opportunity for Rightists.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news...131e03281fe45d&ei=10

Disturbing Suspicion Where Hamas Got Its Weapons
Story by David Rufful •
15h

Republican Rep. Marjorie TaylormGreene said, “We need to work with Israel to track serial numbers on any U.S. weapons used by Hamas against Israel.”

“Did they come from Afghanistan? Did they come from Ukraine? Highly likely the answer is both,” she added.

XXX

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying a cross." - Sinclair Lewis

Per my far-right friend: "reality sucks"

FYI - if you ID as "conservative" nowadays, Trump owns you.

Posts: 19762 | Location: Depends on the Season | Registered: 17 February 2017Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Originally posted by jdollar:
I don’t see the Palestinians in Gaza as innocent civilians. After all, they voted in Hamas as their rulers about a decade ago. Reap what you sew…

Well, you're wrong. Many of them are. Most, in fact. That election happened in 2006 and 70% of the population in Gaza is under the age of 30.

So those 30 and unders have had up to 16 years of Hamas indoctrination then.....