Tools

DA FUQ! CLARENCE THOMAS Login/Join 
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Mike Mitchell:
quote:
Originally posted by bluefish:
Not so fast. If he followed the rules then no foul. If he was found to have violated the rules then we have something to discuss.

If these facts are correct and you really don't think we have something to discuss, rules violation or not, you're not thinking it through. Judges operate under an "appearance of impropriety" standard when it comes to accepting gratuities.

And, Thomas' dealings with this guy stink to high heaven.

Would you want your case against Harlan Crowe heard by a judge who goes on vacations paid for by Harlan Crowe?

Has this justice ever had a case involving Harlan Crow??????

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
agree that Thomas is not nearly of the intellectual caliber of Scalia- I'm not a lawyer and I can see the difference. But I can't say he's lower than Kagan or Sotomayor.

Snort!!!!

Posts: 41786 | Location: Crosby and Barksdale, Texas | Registered: 18 September 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of MJines
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
quote:
Not so fast. If he followed the rules then no foul. If he was found to have violated the rules then we have something to discuss.

If these facts are correct and you really don't think we have something to discuss, rules violation or not, you're not thinking it through. Judges operate under an "appearance of impropriety" standard when it comes to accepting gratuities.

Would you want your case against Harlan Crowe heard by a judge who goes on vacations paid for by Harlan Crowe?

The more relevant question would be has Thomas ever heard a case involving an issue important to Harlan Crow? Look it is no sin to say that what Thomas did was imprudent . . . same would be true if a liberal justice did it. Why defend the indefensible?

Mike

Posts: 21241 | Registered: 03 January 2006Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by JTEX:
quote:
quote:

One would think that the internet sleuths would have already gone through his records with a fine tooth comb and reported on it. Also seems like something that the ProPublica folks should have done before publishing their stories.

As an aside I wonder how many non-IRS folks are auditing trump's tax returns.

Give me a home where the buffalo roam and I'll show you a house full of buffalo shit.

Posts: 1215 | Location: IOWA | Registered: 27 October 2018Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post

Posts: 15883 | Location: Iowa | Registered: 10 April 2007Reply With Quote
One of Us
Picture of bluefish
posted Hide Post
Has this suddenly been memory-holed?

Posts: 5232 | Location: The way life should be | Registered: 24 May 2012Reply With Quote
One of Us
posted Hide Post
So, now it turns out that Harlan Crowe has been paying Thomas's grandson's tuition at private school. $100,000.

https://www.propublica.org/art...ughly%20%24100%2C000.

Man, that's a good friend, huh? Going on vacations costing hundreds of thousands of dollars with private jets and yachts paid for by your buddy. Having your buddy pay $100k in tuition for your grandson. Nothing to see here, right? I'm sure it's just because Harlan Crowe really liked Thomas and that he expected nothing in return from a justice on the SCOTUS. Right?

It defies belief that a Justice on the United States Supreme Court would have this kind of relationship with anybody. But, especially with somebody from the billion dollar Trammel Crowe family from Dallas, Texas. Thomas is a disgrace. He has been since he sexually harassed Anita Hill and he continues to show that he is a world class piece of shit who ought to be kicked off the court.

I have to say that I find it almost unbelievable that this kind of relationship could exist between a private citizen and somebody that sits on the highest court in the land. I'm starting to think that Saeed is right. We are a banana republic thanks to the GOP.

-Every damn thing is your own fault if you are any good.

Posts: 15134 | Registered: 20 September 2012Reply With Quote